Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,149 members, 7,910,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 07:22 PM

Nigeria Heading For Revolution! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Heading For Revolution! (941 Views)

Tinubu Calls For Revolution / Nigerians Too Timid For Revolution – Gov. Amaechi / Obasanjo Denies Calling For Revolution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Heading For Revolution! by detruth: 10:21am On Apr 04, 2008
Nigeria heading For Revolution!

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200804041243296

Imagine the likes calling for revolution? I believe their heads, including that of Obasanjo must go first!
Group of successful and unsuccessful theives! Who among them is a saint?
Re: Nigeria Heading For Revolution! by JayFK(m): 10:39am On Apr 04, 2008
I believe in revolution, but if those idiots who have plundered Nigeria are calling for it then Bleep them.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Revolution! by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 04, 2008
But Danjuma urged Nigerians to shun revolution because of the socio-economic problems associated with it.

He said, “One is not unmindful of the prevailing political situation in this country today, but we must not resort to revolution. We should not wish for another revolution.

Please when did the last one happen, abi them never born me that time? undecided

“This is because those who start revolution will discover at the end of the day that the end does not justify the means.

Leave them alone. By the time the so called revolution start let me see how Atiku and everyone of them will evade being jailed.

Abubakar stated this during an interview with Channels Television on Thursday.

He added that although he was the former chairman of the power sector committee under the immediate past administration of President Olusegun Obasanjo, he was sidelined all through the period he occupied that position.

He said, “I will appear before any probe panel, but I will have nothing to tell them. Though the former President made me the chairman of the committee, he cut me off by telling the members not to report to me.

“I already subjected myself to probe in the past by appearing before the Petroleum Technology Development Fund probe in the past and testified. I will appear before them because I do not have anything to hide.”

Asked if he would return to the Peoples Democratic Party if there were moves to reconcile with him, he said under no circumstances would such a move materialise.

“If I decide to go back to the party, it will eventually collapse the whole political system in the country because we will have a one party state, which is what the PDP is craving for,” he added.

Is this agbalagba a baby or what?
Re: Nigeria Heading For Revolution! by doyin13(m): 8:05pm On Apr 04, 2008
I don't think any of these advocates for a revolution have any comprehension of the meaning of the word.

The subtext of their own kind of revolution would be 'steal softly softly'.

But I must congratulate Professor Nwabueze for managing to gather such accomplished thieves in one place at the same time.
Well perhaps not. . . . . .Birds of the same feather inevitably flock together anyways.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Revolution! by Eziachi: 5:51pm On Apr 08, 2008
Whatever the word REVOLUTION means to my Nigerian folks, please kindly count us Biafrans out of it. We are asking for our freedom and independent, not a revolution. As for revolution, I think we had it years ago, but you guys misread the signs and rather unleashed a wave of terror/brutality on us and brought us back to your paradisaic Nigeria.

Orji Kalu can call revolution along with his fellow Nigerians, we knew that from the begining that apart from his name, we Biafrans shares nothing in common with him. And if Nigerians decided to have some bottle for a true revolution, hopefully, those congregation will be the first to have their skulls in a spike.
Re: Nigeria Heading For Revolution! by Uche2nna(m): 5:55pm On Apr 08, 2008
When I hear these politicians calling for revolution I get confused. Revolution against who/what/whom?  undecided
Re: Nigeria Heading For Revolution! by Arnold1(m): 5:57pm On Apr 08, 2008
Revolution against the Federal Structure for the most part
Re: Nigeria Heading For Revolution! by ifyalways(f): 6:17pm On Apr 08, 2008
rofl
If those old pot bellied thieves asking for revolution?  shocked shocked shocked
against what and who?make them go carry seat jare.

@Eziachi 
Re: Nigeria Heading For Revolution! by Pygru: 2:06pm On Jul 26, 2013
detruth: Nigeria heading For Revolution!

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200804041243296

Imagine the likes calling for revolution? I believe their heads, including that of Obasanjo must go first!
Group of successful and unsuccessful theives! Who among them is a saint?
grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Live Simple Life! / Na Wa Ooo / Sambo May Succeed Yar’adua 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.