Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,196 members, 7,887,465 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:17 AM

Sambo May Succeed Yar’adua 2011 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sambo May Succeed Yar’adua 2011 (933 Views)

I Would Mark Time At The Senate, May Succeed Jonathan In 2019 - Gov. Aliyu / Dasuki's Brother May Succeed Tambuwal / E-X-C-L-U-S-I-V-E: Lagos 2015: Meet The 'david', TAYO AYINDE Who May Succeed Fas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sambo May Succeed Yar’adua 2011 by kosovo(m): 12:18am On Nov 16, 2009
IF President Umaru Yar’Adua finally succumbs to the alleged pressure from leaders of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to shelve the idea of going for a second term in 2011, his likely successor might be Governor Mohammed Namadi Sambo of Kaduna State.

A PDP chieftain, who craved for anonymity, said in Kaduna shortly after the inauguration of the state PDP secretariat complex at the weekend, that the president would formally announce his decision at a special meeting of the PDP’s national caucus in Abuja sometime in February 2010.

He said the choice of Governor Sambo as replacement for Yar’Adua “was reached after extensive deliberations and consultations across all levels of the party.”

“Inasmuch as I would not want to preempt the outcome of a special meeting at the end of January next year, every machinery has been put in place for the president to make his intention public and your governor will be presented to the party as the PDP presidential candidate for 2011.

“All the major stakeholders were part of this decision, more so as the North would not want to lose the opportunity of completing a second term since the presidency was zoned to this area.”

According to him, “you can see how our National chairman, Chief (Vincent) Ogbulafor, came to Kaduna with a large number of party chieftains and the mammoth crowd that gathered at the Murtala Square just for Sambo. You are aware that the issue of the president’s ill health has been a source of worry to all of us and the situation seems to degenerate every day.

“The president has, indeed, accepted not to go for a second term because the pressure has become too much on him to relinquish power and take adequate care of his health. He is a true democrat and Yar’Adua loves this country.”

He said due to the president’s failing health, he was constrained to work for just a few hours daily as he delegated functions to a number of other people, especially Vice-President Goodluck Jonathan.

Governor Sambo, according to an aide, is a loyal member of the PDP and would not object when called upon to serve the nation as president. The aide explained further that Sambo’s nomination for the presidency in 2011 was “certainly informed by level of development he had brought to Kaduna within the short period he had been in office as governor and he is sure to replicate the achievement as president.”
[url=http://]http://www.tribune.com.ng/16112009/news/news2.html] link [/url]
Re: Sambo May Succeed Yar’adua 2011 by udezue(m): 1:12am On Nov 16, 2009
Is there any legitimate reason why Goodluck is not the 1st choice to replace Yara dua?
Re: Sambo May Succeed Yar’adua 2011 by becomrich15: 2:27am On Nov 16, 2009
kosovo and udezue, i want to talk to you. email me. nigeriamail@hotmail.com
Re: Sambo May Succeed Yar’adua 2011 by Kenezi: 2:44am On Nov 16, 2009
One party state.
Re: Sambo May Succeed Yar’adua 2011 by becomrich15: 2:53am On Nov 16, 2009
Kosovo , who are you.?   i want to know who you are. and why do you bring sambo into this. someone have been doing thier homework.

Here is it. My mission to take the yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa state into benin republic is not personal. It as nothing personal. I do not hate northerner. Not in anywhere. That why who ever posted this thing Use sambo names.

I do not hate yar adua or turai. I think turai is a wonderful woman. she is good looking. I no know how she leave me follow yar adua.

You are testing me . do you think I would make a comment.  how is abdullahi doing. how is zaria. it is not a plot to remove anybody. but make your life better.

So you see, it as nothing to do with north or south. but saving lifes and balances power in nigeria, so that everybody does not feel cheated. we would all still be nigerian but with dual citizen. So how this people shouting on me, may be have never lived abroad before. you can have dual citizen. it is not a plot to remove anybody. but to make a society better. nothing would change in your lifes.

look a lawyer from lagos can file to abuja and still have a case in abuja. Canada and the USA have it. Depending on where you live. A canadain train lawyer can go to a USA court. if he has a licence. There are licence that allow them to work in both countries.
I can live in the USA and even apply for a green card without me marry anyone.

Look the premier minister of canada and obama are touring asia
You can buy new york times newspaper in toronto every morning.

You are going to be in two country in one state. search google. it is possible. when a man comes from kaduna and enter benin republic , he pick up his citizen  of benin republic. when a yoruba man comes to kano , or abuja he pick up the citizen of nigeria.

you see this is how it works for us living aboard.

When you have dual citizen.  And we come to nigeria, we use our nigeria passport , when you enter the USA, you use your USA passport.

All you need to do  is hand over the 11 state to benin republic and make people in benin republic citizen of nigeria. while benin republic rewrite thier constitution and make nigerian citizen of benin republic.

I have see the benin republic constitution. it allow for modification.
Re: Sambo May Succeed Yar’adua 2011 by Eziachi: 3:10am On Nov 16, 2009
udezue:

Is there any legitimate reason why Goodluck is not the 1st choice to replace Yara dua?

Because Badluck Jonathan came from the wrong tribe, just sitting their to make up the numbers and Nigeria rulership is hereditary, never mind what those appeal court were saying to that kitchen boy Andy Uba that it isn’t hereditary.
Re: Sambo May Succeed Yar’adua 2011 by Sammy107d(m): 3:13am On Nov 16, 2009
WHO THE HELL IS MOHAMMED FREAKING SAMBO. Kaduna state? what the undecided
Re: Sambo May Succeed Yar’adua 2011 by udezue(m): 3:14am On Nov 16, 2009
LOL @ Badluck.

I remember when some gullible Ijaw brothers were thinking his VP position was a sure sign that they have made it with the North so 4K the Igbo. I hope our people learn their lessons.
Re: Sambo May Succeed Yar’adua 2011 by becomrich15: 3:35am On Nov 16, 2009
let take thisday newspaper for example. They would have three circulation. One which is general, another for nigeria and another for benin each day.
Re: Sambo May Succeed Yar’adua 2011 by Beaf: 3:44am On Nov 16, 2009
If Yar Adua steps down, Goodluck Jonathan should take over. If Goodluck is somehow incapable, the head of the Senate will take over. That is what the constituition says.
How can a governor take over? shocked He is not even part of the Federal Government.

I hope this is a rumour, because na trouble dey come!
Re: Sambo May Succeed Yar’adua 2011 by becomrich15: 4:16am On Nov 16, 2009
in the books, nigeria is not a country where books work. take example the constitution only allow election every four years. period when the first person who first took the oath under this constitution. There should not be an election in anambra state in 2010. this is what the constitution says. are you people following that. are men not making there rule. wait and see as they kick jonathan out.

You would see how northerner would push him away.
Re: Sambo May Succeed Yar’adua 2011 by becomrich15: 4:26am On Nov 16, 2009
Look if jonathan want to remain vice president of nigeria. This portion , that they claim is in bayelsa state is in delta state. Gowon is my witness and his speech.

If they give us back what belong to delta state. Jonathan can remain vice president of nigeria. while the yorubas, edo, delta join benin republic.

Re: Sambo May Succeed Yar’adua 2011 by OAM4J: 4:28am On Nov 16, 2009
Beaf:

If Yar Adua steps down, Goodluck Jonathan should take over. If Goodluck is somehow incapable, the head of the Senate will take over. That is what the constituition says.
How can a governor take over? shocked He is not even part of the Federal Government.

Its not about stepping down now, its about 2011. The North feel they need to complete the 8yrs 2 terms which might now turn to 12yrs. Its all about political calculation.
Re: Sambo May Succeed Yar’adua 2011 by becomrich15: 4:33am On Nov 16, 2009
the not can not continue  years of 2 term. they have ruled for 42 years . that is greed. if they do that it would mean 46 years of about 52 years. we need to caught up with the north too. The north is more develop than the south. I you must have seen picture. the north is far developed that the south. we need to caught up with the north.

So this is why this is the solution. we remove the yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa state into benin republic. if jonathan want to remain vice president. they give delta back that portion that was illegally taken from them. Jonathan remain vice president of nigeria. and 10 states join benin republic.
Re: Sambo May Succeed Yar’adua 2011 by becomrich15: 4:39am On Nov 16, 2009
The north does not need that. if they join the yorubas , edo, delta state, bayelsa in voting to remove 11 into benin republic they can have their second term . but we have majority now.  and we are not ready to give up another 4 years to the north. we want a southerner to rule in 2011.  The north can have thier second term if they remove us into benin republic.
Re: Sambo May Succeed Yar’adua 2011 by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 16, 2009
@becomrich
you no go kill me with lafta here,,abeg i never chop mornin food
@topic
yaradua will handover to his in-law,isa yuguda so the presidency will become family affair
Re: Sambo May Succeed Yar’adua 2011 by Pharoh: 10:20am On Nov 16, 2009
Beaf:

He is not stepping down, they are asking him not to go for a second term so PDP will field a northern governor to succeed him. So sambo or isa Yuguda is the likely candidate the north will feed.

If the election will be free and fair then i don't think those people can win but as Yar-Adua was handpicked so will the next person be. The north should not think of ruling for 12 years because that would be a disaster.
Re: Sambo May Succeed Yar’adua 2011 by KnowAll(m): 10:35am On Nov 16, 2009

How can a governor take over?  He is not even part of the Federal Government.

Some of you fellows don’t know what the term mandate means, the Yardua / Goodluck ticket ends at the end of the 1st 4 year term and If I am not mistaking that is the 31st of May 2011.

The ticket between 2011 and 2015 is a new mandate, If for whatever reason Yardua decides to step down and not run for a second time,  the PDP through its BOT may decides to present Sambo as their flag bearer come 2011 and Sambo on the other hand might re-present Goodluck to run with him on a joint ticket .

A Political Party is a Gentleman’s club and they can decide to change long standing rules at a whim, whoever is not happy with such arrangement can jump ship and go to another party.

If for any reason Goodluck declines Sambo’s offer then he Goodluck will have to contest a primaries against Sambo, and since the BOT has made up their mind on who they will support, suffice it to say that Goodluck will be running as a lame duck,

It must be said however if Yardua were to die in office between now and May 31st 2011, Nothing can be done about that, Goodluck will assume the post of the Presidency as stipulated by the constitution in observance and adhering to the spirit of the current the mandate.

In the event of the latter, that is Yardua dieing in office, Goodluck being an incumbent will be difficult to dislodge come 2011, he may well be opportuned to run a further 2 terms 2011 to 2015 and 2015 to 2019 that is of course if PDP were to win those elections.
Re: Sambo May Succeed Yar’adua 2011 by KnowAll(m): 11:10am On Nov 16, 2009
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=765936

See Sambo's vision for Kaduna above - The New Kaduna City

I will take Sambo over Jonathan anytime. He is a qualified acrhietect, he is one of the few Visonaries from the North, and he is as progressive as Fasholas and Rotimi Amechi,  although Amechi is all mouth so far.
Re: Sambo May Succeed Yar’adua 2011 by SapeleGuy: 12:03pm On Nov 16, 2009
KnowAll:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=765936

See Sambo's vision for Kaduna above - The New Kaduna City

I will take Sambo over Jonathan anytime. He is a qualified acrhietect, he is one of the few Visonaries from the North, and he is as progressive as Fasholas and Rotimi Amechi,  although Amechi is all mouth so far. 

That's what they said about this Yaradua - first president with degree etc etc.
Look today, the worst president in our history. None of these people have vision, they have cataracts.
Sambo has put some nice drawings on paper but Nigeria needs more than that now.
Re: Sambo May Succeed Yar’adua 2011 by KnowAll(m): 12:22pm On Nov 16, 2009
That's what they said about this Yaradua - first president with degree etc etc.
Look today, the worst president in our history. None of these people have vision, they have cataracts.
Sambo has put some nice drawings on paper but Nigeria needs more than that now.

You can only work with what is at your disposal, Sambo is not all talk, I will suggest u have look at that link and u will see the caterpillars and bulldozers have already started grading the roads leading to the new Kaduna City. There is even another picture showing an almost completed dual carriage road in the City.

You have to remember that this gentleman is working with a shoe- string budget unlike Fashola who has enough money coming in through his IGR scheme or Amechi’s oil derivatives. If he can do this bearing in mind Kaduna is not an oil producing state, one wonders what he will achieve at the helms of affair.

Yardua would have being a good President but half the time he is in a comatose state due to the strong pain killers he takes to control his ailment. You will have to be a super-human to work under such condition. But having said he still managed to broker a peace initiative in the Niger delta, a feat an able and agile OBJ cannot achieve during his 8 years in office.

He has proven yet again he is surely a Graduate President who looks at problems from a fundamental and critical point rather than from a brash and bravado angle, but nature will not let him physically be able to achieve his many other goals hence his intended stepping down
Re: Sambo May Succeed Yar’adua 2011 by kosovo(m): 9:29pm On Nov 16, 2009
mMm,
Re: Sambo May Succeed Yar’adua 2011 by otokx(m): 11:08pm On Nov 16, 2009
Please Amaechi has not done anything to be considered a progressive. There is no road in Port Harcourt, all the contracts he awarded for road construction in Port Harcourt, can't think of any he has completed. He has created hold up everywhere starting from UPTH junction up to Rumuosi down to obiri ikwerre junction. From obi wali road into pyschatric road. If you want to give award to states with road under water please come to greater port harcourt. We have roads plus deep gullies under water in many areas.
Re: Sambo May Succeed Yar’adua 2011 by kosovo(m): 11:27pm On Nov 16, 2009
Oshiomole 4 president.
Re: Sambo May Succeed Yar’adua 2011 by otokx(m): 11:29pm On Nov 16, 2009
Oshiomole too has not done anything.

(1) (Reply)

Is it true that plateau/Jos man call Gowon kill many southern christain.? / Unknown Persons Commanding The Nigerian Army And Deploying Troops In The Capital / National Tragedy - Yar Adua Has One Month To Live! Details Inside

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.