Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,407 members, 7,881,489 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:04 PM

Janet Jackson Converts To Islam, Quits Music - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Janet Jackson Converts To Islam, Quits Music (48734 Views)

Eva Alordiah Quits Music, Photos From Her Last Stage Performance / Eva Alordiah Quits Music, Her Last Show Holds Tomorrow / Janet Jackson's Secret Daughter: Picture Revealed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam, Quits Music by Nobody: 1:31pm On Apr 07, 2013
jl junayd: no bring beef & religious palava for dis mata,even pope self convert,talk anoda one

That was a rumour na...haba! Pope convert ke??

2 Likes

Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam, Quits Music by davies123: 1:34pm On Apr 07, 2013
Akanbi1509: Give me example i dont need story.

They are in their thousands that has converted to christianity from islam...An Egyptian Sheik is an example ...Check the source en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_converts_to_Christianity_from_Islam
Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam, Quits Music by badrogen(m): 1:36pm On Apr 07, 2013
U r blessed as u become new to the Islam. May God Mighty guide u n be with u.[color=#000099][/color]

1 Like

Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam, Quits Music by IleIfe2(m): 1:38pm On Apr 07, 2013
brentkruge: *in deep Arnold Schwarzenegger terminator voice*

[size=28pt]She'll be back![/size]

grin grin
Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam, Quits Music by Jilo83(m): 1:40pm On Apr 07, 2013
I believe she is not christian b4. And if so, she did it bc of marriage.
Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam, Quits Music by Ejine(m): 1:45pm On Apr 07, 2013
So, let me get this straight... From Jehovah's Witness, she dumps her faith?

And you see people try to attack Tiger Woods and Michael Ealy for choosing to have nothing to do with black women like they've got some obligation to marry black women.

1 Like

Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam, Quits Music by dryakson(m): 1:45pm On Apr 07, 2013
ewet: What do you expect? with all tht money on offer,do you thnk she did it for the love of ALLAH? hell no! wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
she's also a millionaire bros. Who ever Allah shows light to, nobody on earth can show dack vice-versa

1 Like

Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam, Quits Music by davies123: 1:45pm On Apr 07, 2013
Akanbi1509: Give me example i dont need story.

Bahaa el-Din Ahmed Hussein el-Akkad (Arabic: بهاء الدين أحمد حسين العقاد‎) (born 1949) was an Egyptian Muslim imam. For more than 20 years, el-Akkad was a member of the fundamentalist Islamic group Da'wa el Tabligh, which actively proselytized non-Muslims but strictly opposed violence. He also led a mosque community in Al-Haram, in the Giza area adjacent to Cairo. In 1994, he published, Islam: the Religion, a 500-page book reviewing the traditional beliefs and dogmas of Islam. In 2005 he converted to Christianity.

3 Likes

Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam, Quits Music by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 07, 2013
Yusluv77: Allah Akbar... That shows that there is no God except from Allah...
Is God different from Allah?
Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam, Quits Music by UnimkeAk(m): 1:50pm On Apr 07, 2013
If she's in for the nigga inheritance, sorry 4 her she won't gt any. Cuz all dis arab niggaZ businesses are family businesses.. And I'm sure they don't like her.
Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam, Quits Music by davies123: 1:51pm On Apr 07, 2013
berem: Is God different from Allah?

Bahaa el-Din Ahmed Hussein el-Akkad (Arabic: بهاء الدين أحمد حسين العقاد‎) (born 1949) was an Egyptian Muslim imam. For more than 20 years, el-Akkad was a member of the fundamentalist Islamic group Da'wa el Tabligh, which actively proselytized non-Muslims but strictly opposed violence. He also led a mosque community in Al-Haram, in the Giza area adjacent to Cairo. In 1994, he published, Islam: the Religion, a 500-page book reviewing the traditional beliefs and dogmas of Islam. In 2005 he converted to Christianity.

1 Like

Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam, Quits Music by bknight: 1:55pm On Apr 07, 2013
goldfish80: Arab money can do all things, I tell ya

I swear! grin grin grin
Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam, Quits Music by Jibabs2(m): 1:55pm On Apr 07, 2013
U09ce: I pray she sustains it till her death
AMEEN

2 Likes

Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam, Quits Music by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 07, 2013
Did some wikipedia research for lazy ppl who wanna put down Janet, forgetting she has put in 3 decades into a profession with class n quality n she's been earning money long b4 one lazy "billionaire" who inherited his father's wealth came by. I selected the parts with financial info mostly. So u come here n tell me she's broke or a gold-digger.

"In 1991, she signed the first of two record-
breaking, multi-million dollar contracts with Virgin
Records, establishing her as one of the highest
paid artists in the industry.
By the end of the 1990s, Billboard
named her the second most successful recording
artist of the decade, following Mariah Carey.
Having sold over 100 million records, she is ranked
as one of the best-selling artists in the history of
contemporary music.[1] The Recording Industry
Association of America (RIAA) lists her as the
eleventh best-selling female artist in the United
States, with 26 million certified albums.[2] In
2008, Billboard magazine released its list of the
Hot 100 All-Time Top Artists, ranking her at
number seven.
With the release of Rhythm Nation 1814, Jackson
fulfilled her contract with A&M Records. In 1991,
after being approached personally by Virgin
Records owner Richard Branson, she signed a
highly publicized multi-million dollar contract with
the label. The contract value,
estimated between $32–50 million, made her the
highest paid recording artist in contemporary
music, until her brother Michael signed a $65
million dollar contract with Sony only a few days
later.
In January 1996, Jackson
renewed her contract with Virgin Records for a
reported $80 million dollars. The contract
established her as the then-highest paid recording
artist in contemporary music, surpassing the
recording industry's then-unparalleled $60 million
dollar contracts earned by her brother, Michael
Jackson, and Madonna.
In January 2007, Jackson was ranked the seventh
richest woman in the entertainment business by
Forbes magazine, having amassed a fortune of
over $150 million."

1 Like

Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam, Quits Music by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 07, 2013
Na today...
Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam, Quits Music by aryzgreat: 2:01pm On Apr 07, 2013
I hope she start wearing ninja dress abi na puddah. Just hope she wont start seeing his fellow americans as infidels and start planning to blow up d pentagon. She is old enough to answer for her decision anyway. BTW she was not a christian so dis is nt a case of conversion but repentance. Just wondering hw she will be shouting "alawuakubaruuuuuuuu" in d mosk like my neighbouring mosk hornspeaker always disturb

1 Like

Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam, Quits Music by hotwax: 2:01pm On Apr 07, 2013
arab oil money dey perform wonders. Women and money. When it comes to moneyz, they can do anything. I fear women.
Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam, Quits Music by Nobody: 2:02pm On Apr 07, 2013
Money can make people do anything...
Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam, Quits Music by Iykeponti(m): 2:03pm On Apr 07, 2013
WETIN DIZ MAN GO ENJOY FROM DIZ OLD CHICKEN NA.... SOMEBODY WEY DON CHOP DI*K TIRE....

1 Like

Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam, Quits Music by CRIPCRIP: 2:08pm On Apr 07, 2013
possibilita: undecidedgood for her

Just like her brother

1 Like

Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam, Quits Music by sage2(m): 2:12pm On Apr 07, 2013
Christianity could not relax the laws to cater for her, and so she had to leave. Any good Christian can pass for the most pious Muslim but even the most perfect of Muslims will fall short of the standard expected of a Christian. It takes the grace of God to be a Christian. Hence we are being envied, feared and persecuted the world over but still remain the most tested and largest faith to ever grace the planet. Our Holy Bible has been the number one best seller and most read for centuries.

3 Likes

Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam, Quits Music by 360command: 2:12pm On Apr 07, 2013
Too bad her brother is not alive to stop her from such act.
NOTE: I mean no disrespect to my Islamic brothers.
Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam, Quits Music by Nobody: 2:16pm On Apr 07, 2013
uchlukez: Music has since quitted her
very true
Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam, Quits Music by mike404(m): 2:17pm On Apr 07, 2013
Afam4eva: If majority of Nigerians can have access to the kind of money she's seen, many of them will even worship lucifer. Money is a very powerful tool.
GBAM! You've said it all
Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam, Quits Music by mikey2fin: 2:17pm On Apr 07, 2013
Hold your horses. This marriage would be another headline after a year or two I tell ya.
You don't want to mess with Arab money grin
Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam, Quits Music by deols(f): 2:20pm On Apr 07, 2013
welcome 2 d fold sis smiley
Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam, Quits Music by goldfish80(m): 2:22pm On Apr 07, 2013
jcgodfrey: Did some wikipedia research for lazy ppl who wanna put down Janet, forgetting she has put in 3 decades into a profession with class n quality n she's been earning money long b4 one lazy "billionaire" who inherited his father's wealth came by. I selected the parts with financial info mostly. So u come here n tell me she's broke or a gold-digger.

"In 1991, she signed the first of two record-
breaking, multi-million dollar contracts with Virgin
Records, establishing her as one of the highest
paid artists in the industry.
By the end of the 1990s, Billboard
named her the second most successful recording
artist of the decade, following Mariah Carey.
Having sold over 100 million records, she is ranked
as one of the best-selling artists in the history of
contemporary music.[1] The Recording Industry
Association of America (RIAA) lists her as the
eleventh best-selling female artist in the United
States, with 26 million certified albums.[2] In
2008, Billboard magazine released its list of the
Hot 100 All-Time Top Artists, ranking her at
number seven.
With the release of Rhythm Nation 1814, Jackson
fulfilled her contract with A&M Records. In 1991,
after being approached personally by Virgin
Records owner Richard Branson, she signed a
highly publicized multi-million dollar contract with
the label. The contract value,
estimated between $32–50 million, made her the
highest paid recording artist in contemporary
music, until her brother Michael signed a $65
million dollar contract with Sony only a few days
later.
In January 1996, Jackson
renewed her contract with Virgin Records for a
reported $80 million dollars. The contract
established her as the then-highest paid recording
artist in contemporary music, surpassing the
recording industry's then-unparalleled $60 million
dollar contracts earned by her brother, Michael
Jackson, and Madonna.
In January 2007, Jackson was ranked the seventh
richest woman in the entertainment business by
Forbes magazine, having amassed a fortune of
over $150 million."
Dude we don't need this lecture, we all кnoω Janet Jackson. Its just that the husband, Mr Wissam Al Mana is one of the richest investors in the middle East. He's richer than Micheal Jackson. Money pass money My bruv.
Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam, Quits Music by ajekxy: 2:22pm On Apr 07, 2013
Ayoobscom: Congratulations for a soul just had just been purified
hahahaha u make me laugh u mean wehn she is a christian she s nt purified?
Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam, Quits Music by deols(f): 2:23pm On Apr 07, 2013
ewet: What do you expect? with all tht money on offer,do you thnk she did it for the love of ALLAH? hell no! wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink

how did you know.

All those saying she did it for money would do just that if they have the opportunity. They think every1 worships money like they do
Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam, Quits Music by mike404(m): 2:25pm On Apr 07, 2013
Me sef dey target one Alhaji pikin wey dey live for VGC, I ready to convert o so far say the man go settle me with better cash and house gift for banana island... I wan stop dey learn o grin
Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam, Quits Music by sage2(m): 2:28pm On Apr 07, 2013
Muslims, by default, feel inferior when ever Christianity is in the picture. They have always relied on people converting to their faith as a form of validation. We, Christians, don't need such. We know who we are. We need no sultans, sheikhs, emirs or imams converting to Christianity as a validation of the superiority and truthfulness of our faith. Glory be to God in Jesus name.

9 Likes

Re: Janet Jackson Converts To Islam, Quits Music by Katier00(f): 2:30pm On Apr 07, 2013
uchlukez: Music has since quitted her
jupiter's cock

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Davido Posts Video Of How Temi Chased Him In Traffic For A Song Feature / Fan Surprises Kate Henshaw At The Gym / Seun Kuti Accused Of Pulling Gun On Party Attendees, He Replies, Admits To It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.