Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,792 members, 7,927,267 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 12:09 PM

Karen Igho Celebrates Birthday At The Orphanage (Pictures) - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Karen Igho Celebrates Birthday At The Orphanage (Pictures) (16703 Views)

Tope Adeniji Celebrates Her Birthday At Silverbird (Photos) / Stella Damasus And The Orphanage Business / Pictures Od Nollywood's Adaora Ukoh Spending Bday In The Orphanage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Birthday At The Orphanage (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 07, 2013
OMG !!those children don't have families so even a simple visit is something great,its a sacrifice really,she did not have to and nobody forced her to do so.

naijainfogalery: It saddens me when celebrities use this innocent children for fame, My question is How much did she give to them? From all observations i didnt see any gift apart from the snacks and the cake. Its not about visiting them, its about giving tangible things and forget all these stunts of displaying in media that you visited an orphanage. Like one celebrity last year that visited with 10 cartons of Indomie. And her face was all over the Internet as if she has done something good. Its high time we face reality. Give and you dont even have to announce.

1 Like

Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Birthday At The Orphanage (Pictures) by teadrake(m): 12:56pm On Apr 07, 2013
Her visitation should rather be commended instead of condemnation my fellow nairalanders.Though,she may not opted out gifts for those orphan bt as the late Master of Philosopher popular saying(Prof.Chinua Achebe)'Showing concern for the sick is more soothing than giving money'.What of if she decide not to celebrate with them at all?Am sure there wnt be any comment at all.Shalom everyone!
Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Birthday At The Orphanage (Pictures) by kramer: 1:01pm On Apr 07, 2013
shevon:

Show me one celeb that doesn't pull publicity stunts.

Go Google it yourself
Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Birthday At The Orphanage (Pictures) by Regiblinkz(m): 1:10pm On Apr 07, 2013
naijainfogalery: It saddens me when celebrities use this innocent children for fame, My question is How much did she give to them? From all observations i didnt see any gift apart from the snacks and the cake. Its not about visiting them, its about giving tangible things and forget all these stunts of displaying in media that you visited an orphanage. Like one celebrity last year that visited with 10 cartons of Indomie. And her face was all over the Internet as if she has done something good. Its high time we face reality. Give and you dont even have to announce.
how many have u given
Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Birthday At The Orphanage (Pictures) by sienna116(f): 1:21pm On Apr 07, 2013
sssob: But why so much hate?....why so much negative comments about her?....categorically speaking she has made life choices and guess what she is living with it. You don't have the m[b]oral rights[/b] to say she this, shes that...are you without sin?, have you never make drastic life choices? I wonder why we all have to keep calling her ugly and fake breast...its obvious she has them done, no need pointing it out to us and rubbishing her again and again.
Biko, Ejo , please for God sake's find peace in you heart to forgive her life choices and don't take out your pain on her.

To the post... its commendable she choose to spend the day with the kids and then spend the night with her colleague(so what) at least she showed love to everyone no matter who they are 'come celebrate with me its my birthday' that's all she is doing.
I ask , sincerely how many of us visit them? even think about them? Lets not kill her spirit any further.

Peace Peace Peace....May you receive this in you life ..Nigeria need more of peace and love than hate

You took the words right out of my mouth. They say. She is ugly, so what? She won't be the first ugly person by your standards. How many of you can create the smallest ant? Yet you open your mouth and call a creation of God ugly.

I dare whoever thinks he/she is finer to post their pics and you will be amazed that even with your best picture, some would still consider you ugly.
What goes around comes around. Karen Igho is ugly, someone out there is saying same about you.

3 Likes

Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Birthday At The Orphanage (Pictures) by Nma28(f): 1:42pm On Apr 07, 2013
She does this every year...last year or so, she sold her cloths and gave the money to charity. Those talking about her boobs...hope you know the circumstance why? If you don't please find out be4 vomiting rubbish. She is not doing publicity stunt!

1 Like

Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Birthday At The Orphanage (Pictures) by naptu2: 2:19pm On Apr 07, 2013
obadiah777: YOU NIGERIANS ARE BIG AZZHOLE I TELL YOU. YOU ALL DESERVE TO BE NUKED. I HAVE SEEN THE POPE WASH THE FEET OF A PRISONER, THE PRIME MINISTER OF BRITAIN IN A TRAIN, THE POPE KISSING THE FEET OF A MUSLIM WOMAN AND THE GENEREAL SENTIMENTS AMONGST ALL YOU DEGENERATE REPROBATES IS AWWWWWWWWW HOW SWEET, HE IS SO HUMBLE. HOW COME NIGERIAN LEADERS CANT DO THIS ETC ETC ETC ETC. AND THIS WOMAN TOOK SOME HOURS OUT OF HER PRECIOUS TIME TO PLAY WITH ORPHANS AND YOU ALL LAMBAST HER ? IF THAT WAS THE POPE YOU WILL ALL BE COOING AND OOING AND AHHHING ABOUT HOW HE IS A NICE GUMBLE SWEET MAN.

HOPEFULLY WHEN THOSE NUKES DROP, ALL YOU REPROBATES GET ROASTED

+100

1 Like

Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Birthday At The Orphanage (Pictures) by naptu2: 2:23pm On Apr 07, 2013
It so cool to see my kids again. I must go visit again soon.

You can't tell from those pics whether she brought gifts or not. The gifts are usually taken from the guests downstairs and put in the store, while you go upstairs to play with the kids.
Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Birthday At The Orphanage (Pictures) by naptu2: 2:31pm On Apr 07, 2013
I implore Nigerians to visit orphanages, old people's homes, etc regularly, even if you don't have any gifts for them. Your presence makes a world of difference for them (you can tell by the way the hang on to you when you want to leave). You'll meet some amazing kids and it will give you a new perspective of life.

The orphanage in the picture is the Motherless Babies Home (Nigerian Red Cross), 2 Makoko Road, Yaba Lagos.

You can also visit:

Modupe Cole Memorial Child Care and Treatment Centre (for kids with autism), 1 Saint Finbarrs College Road, Pako Bus stop, Akoka, Yaba.

Little Saints Orphanage, Strong Tower House, 6B, D'alberto Road, Palmgrove Estate, Palmgrove, Lagos.

Pacelli School for the Blind and Partially Sighted, 30 Ajao Rd Surulere, Lagos.

Etc.

1 Like

Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Birthday At The Orphanage (Pictures) by BabyLi: 2:41pm On Apr 07, 2013
Most of u guys only know how to critisize and curse someone. U can nver appreciate or encourage ur fellow human being. If it is a foreign celebrity u will be pouring praises.
Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Birthday At The Orphanage (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:56pm On Apr 07, 2013
ajbest: cool am so sure there is an after parry...
Karen we know u, no pretend.
y can't pple get tinz ryt 4 once!!!do u even knw d meaning of pretend!!
Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Birthday At The Orphanage (Pictures) by Gabrielsylar(m): 2:57pm On Apr 07, 2013
Pls post the true pictures of children crying cos they were scared of her

1 Like

Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Birthday At The Orphanage (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:58pm On Apr 07, 2013
ajbest: cool am so sure there is an after parry...
Karen we know u, no pretend.
y can't pple get tinz ryt 4 once!!!do u even knw d meaning of pretend!!!
Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Birthday At The Orphanage (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:04pm On Apr 07, 2013
Normally I do not like the girl but with what she has done she has just made me to like her,I do not even care if she gives them a gift or not,what I appreciate most is that she visited them,the day I visited an orphanage homes with some gifts also one thing I realized was that even just visiting them alone makes them happy,they need someone to talk to them and encourage them,they need someone who will play with them and make them have hope,I could remember the last time I went to an orphanage home and I saw this little boy singing and I asked him what is the profession he wants to do and he told me singing and I told him that he should not worry that in the future he will become a great musician and even his late parents will be proud of him,you need to see big smile on his face and it was like he has never heard anyone encourage him like that,so visit them even if it once in a while,even if it is only a carton of indomie that you can afford just go.

2 Likes

Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Birthday At The Orphanage (Pictures) by BodyKiss(m): 3:18pm On Apr 07, 2013

STFU
Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Birthday At The Orphanage (Pictures) by Lenny5000(m): 3:20pm On Apr 07, 2013
The negative comments here, shows another reason why Nigeria as a country is not progressing! So much HATE! How on earth can you hate somebody that you don't know personally, somebody that has never hurt or done you wrong personally. The corrupt people that are destroying your country are there, but you take it out on somebody doing good. May God bless Karen Igho and anyone out there doing good.

1 Like

Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Birthday At The Orphanage (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:22pm On Apr 07, 2013
She took out hours from her busy schedule to go and visit and play with those kids. She is a celebrity for God's sake, she doesn't have that much of a private life to start with. Even if she chose not to take photos, someone else would have and leaked it. So spare us this your "give and don't announce".

Since when did giving and announcing become a bad thing anyway? She just made some kids happy with just her visit alone. They ate her birthday cake with her. Even me who is lucky to be blessed with the good things of life, I am always very happy when I share in someone's birthday celebration. Just sit, chill and be happy with the person without expecting anything in return. It's not always about gifts or cartons of indomie.

Of what point is it to donate indomie and clothes to the orphanage and not connect with the children in there? You think happiness is just by having something to eat and wear? I believe it's high time YOU face reality.

3 Likes

Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Birthday At The Orphanage (Pictures) by Lenny5000(m): 3:24pm On Apr 07, 2013
ufotuko: Normally I do not like the girl but with what she has done she has just made me to like her,I do not even care if she gives them a gift or not,what I appreciate most is that she visited them,the day I visited an orphanage homes with some gifts also one thing I realized was that even just visiting them alone makes them happy,they need someone to talk to them and encourage them,they need someone who will play with them and make them have hope,I could remember the last time I went to an orphanage home and I saw this little boy singing and I asked him what is the profession he wants to do and he told me singing and I told him that he should not worry that in the future he will become a great musician and even his late parents will be proud of him,you need to see big smile on his face and it was like he has never heard anyone encourage him like that,so visit them even if it once in a while,even if it is only a carton of indomie that you can afford just go.

Godbless you! We need more positive mined people like you in Nigeria and not all this Hatred going around! People insulting Karen, can also visit orphanages and spend their time playing with them even if they dont have money or gifts for them. Bless
Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Birthday At The Orphanage (Pictures) by chigozie250(m): 3:27pm On Apr 07, 2013
Its very dreadful that my fellow niaralanders and nigerians have criticized insulted a gal who n her birthday chose to spend it with orphans...how many of you have given the beggars the orphans the needy a helping hand...somebody does it u stand and criticize her.....SHAME ON YOU PEOPLE ....YOU DONT DESERVE TO BE ALIVE...TRY ONE DAY AND GIVE A HELPING HAND....Karen dear big ups to ya...ure a jolly good fellow
Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Birthday At The Orphanage (Pictures) by scribble: 3:44pm On Apr 07, 2013
obadiah777: YOU NIGERIANS ARE BIG AZZHOLE I TELL YOU. YOU ALL DESERVE TO BE NUKED. I HAVE SEEN THE POPE WASH THE FEET OF A PRISONER, THE PRIME MINISTER OF BRITAIN IN A TRAIN, THE POPE KISSING THE FEET OF A MUSLIM WOMAN AND THE GENEREAL SENTIMENTS AMONGST ALL YOU DEGENERATE REPROBATES IS AWWWWWWWWW HOW SWEET, HE IS SO HUMBLE. HOW COME NIGERIAN LEADERS CANT DO THIS ETC ETC ETC ETC. AND THIS WOMAN TOOK SOME HOURS OUT OF HER PRECIOUS TIME TO PLAY WITH ORPHANS AND YOU ALL LAMBAST HER ? IF THAT WAS THE POPE YOU WILL ALL BE COOING AND OOING AND AHHHING ABOUT HOW HE IS A NICE HUMBLE SWEET MAN.

HOPEFULLY WHEN THOSE NUKES DROP, ALL YOU REPROBATES GET ROASTED

abeg keep quiet with all this ur too much talk. Karen did what is called publicity stunt for a few cartons of indomie

1 Like

Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Birthday At The Orphanage (Pictures) by tomzman: 3:46pm On Apr 07, 2013
Though I never really liked the girl but for this singular thing she has done I give her Thumbs up.
Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Birthday At The Orphanage (Pictures) by naptu2: 4:24pm On Apr 07, 2013
I'm going to address the issue of pictures.

What Karen has done is not only to give physical gifts to the children. She did not just give her time to the children, but she also used her celebrity status positively.

When people like Princess Diana, Bill Gates, etc participate in these photo-ops, they make others become aware of people who need their help, attention and affection.

Some people may live in Yaba and may have never heard of this orphanage, but the publicity from her visit will make them aware. It's supposed to inspire you to follow that example.

Businessmen deal in products and services. However, it would be no use if the public are unaware of their products and services, so they advertise. These orphanages and causes do not have money for advertisement.

Taking these kinds of pictures helps to show an example for others to follow. It makes people aware. Instead of insulting Karen, you should be thinking about how you'll emulate this action of hers.

1 Like

Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Birthday At The Orphanage (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Apr 07, 2013
OK GUYS LETS GET A FEW THINGS STRAIGHT
SHE VISITED KIDS. CLASSY? YEAH
DID SHE DO THE RIGHT THING. YEAH

IS SHE FUGLY ? FCK YEAH

IN OTHER WORDS PUBLICITY OR NOT SHE IS A CLASSY BUT A VERY VERY UGLY WOMAN
Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Birthday At The Orphanage (Pictures) by naptu2: 4:30pm On Apr 07, 2013
Once again, places you can visit include:

Motherless Babies Home (Nigerian Red Cross), 2 Makoko Road, Yaba Lagos.

Modupe Cole Memorial Child Care and Treatment Centre (for kids with autism), 1 Saint Finbarrs College Road, Pako Bus stop, Akoka, Yaba.

Little Saints Orphanage, Strong Tower House, 6B, D'alberto Road, Palmgrove Estate, Palmgrove, Lagos.

Pacelli School for the Blind and Partially Sighted, 30 Ajao Rd Surulere, Lagos.

Motherless Babies Home, Kenneth Agbakuru Road, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos

Etc.
Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Birthday At The Orphanage (Pictures) by razznaija(f): 5:03pm On Apr 07, 2013
I seriously don't understand why you all abusing her, so what if she's ugly? at least she has a beautiful heart, all of y'all that keep talking about her looks una fine pass am abi?
Anyway I no blame una, na our government wey i blame. Because if they were doing what they were supposed to do, your hearts will not be filled with so much bitterness.
Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Birthday At The Orphanage (Pictures) by nkay1888(f): 5:12pm On Apr 07, 2013
What gave all of u the right to call someone created by God "ugly". Do u know how long it took God to create a human being. Do u know u have insulted God and He is not happy with u unless u ask for forgiveness. God never creates anyone in a hurry/rush,he always takes His time during creation. So for u to come out here because u feel u are okay facially and body-wise, and call sm1 created by God ugly, I'm so sorry for u. You are of most men miserable. That's why ppl dnt progress in life, because they will be suffering for either for what they've said or done.
I will say this. I love karen right BBA days, she might have had implants, something I detest, but I'm not judging her because I dnt knw what made her do it. A lot of times we make mistakes and we wish we could take back the hands of the clock and do things differently, but we can't. Unfortunately, we have to live with them. Something I noticed abt her from BBA is that she has a good heart, and that was what made her think it wise to visit the orphanage. Trust me, I knw God is happy with her. Some of us critizing her have never even tot of visiting the orphanages, destitute homes, prisons etc it might not be all abt gifts, visiting them, praying for them, teaching them the Word sometimes will go a long way in changing their lives. Karen did it despite her schedule, it won't kill u to say welldone. She deserves it. Stop the hating, cos it won't stop God for blessing her for this singular act she has done.Remember, God looks @the heart not the face. Peace to u all.

2 Likes

Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Birthday At The Orphanage (Pictures) by DollyParton1(f): 5:15pm On Apr 07, 2013
Dayum!!!
Girl is ugleeee
Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Birthday At The Orphanage (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:31pm On Apr 07, 2013
razznaija: I seriously don't understand why you all abusing her, so what if she's ugly? at least she has a beautiful heart, all of y'all that keep talking about her looks una fine pass am abi?
Anyway I no blame una, na our government wey i blame. Because if they were doing what they were supposed to do, your hearts will not be filled with so much bitterness.
BEAUTIFUL HEART MY AZZ
I CANT READ HEARTS SO I GOTTA WORK WITH WHAT I C
WHAT I C TOOTS, IS ONE VERY FUGLY INDIVIDUAL
AND THATS SAYING IT AS IT IS..... FACT
JUST LIKE HOW U WILL DESCRIBE A SHORT MAN
OR A DARK WOMAN. NO BEEF JUST THE PLAIN OLD TRUTH
Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Birthday At The Orphanage (Pictures) by chigozie250(m): 5:48pm On Apr 07, 2013
Babzilla: OK GUYS LETS GET A FEW THINGS STRAIGHT
SHE VISITED KIDS. CLASSY? YEAH
DID SHE DO THE RIGHT THING. YEAH

IS SHE FUGLY ? FCK YEAH

IN OTHER WORDS PUBLICITY OR NOT SHE IS A CLASSY BUT A VERY VERY UGLY WOMAN

you re very stupid how much of ur fucking beautiful time have u given to charity....respect urself or else u will attract huge curse for urself idiot..
Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Birthday At The Orphanage (Pictures) by chigozie250(m): 5:49pm On Apr 07, 2013
Babzilla:
BEAUTIFUL HEART MY AZZ
I CANT READ HEARTS SO I GOTTA WORK WITH WHAT I C
WHAT I C TOOTS, IS ONE VERY FUGLY INDIVIDUAL
AND THATS SAYING IT AS IT IS..... FACT
JUST LIKE HOW U WILL DESCRIBE A SHORT MAN
OR A DARK WOMAN. NO BEEF JUST THE PLAIN OLD TRUTH

GO BURN TO HELL ASSHOLE GIVE 5MINS OF YOUR TIME TO CHARITY LET ME SEE ARE YOU BETTER THAN HER IDIOT
Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Birthday At The Orphanage (Pictures) by najoke: 6:23pm On Apr 07, 2013
scribble:

abeg keep quiet with all this ur too much talk. Karen did what is called publicity stunt for a few cartons of indomie

^
stop displaying your stupidity in public
Re: Karen Igho Celebrates Birthday At The Orphanage (Pictures) by najoke: 6:28pm On Apr 07, 2013
Dolly-Parton:
Dayum!!!
Girl is ugleeee
^
i am interested in how ur pretty look as impacted on some/any of this kids

#idio.t#

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mohbad's Wife Wunmi Singing Mohbad's Song During Liam’s Birthday Party (Video) / Muhammed Awal 7th Birthday: Mompha Celebrates His Son / Comedian Stainless To Mark 15 Years On Stage During Performance In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.