Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,379 members, 7,897,673 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 05:41 PM

Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? (4577 Views)

(photo) Can Nigerian Men Be This Romantic?? / Should Men Be Dragged To The Altar / Why Can't Men Be Straightforward With Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by Creamish(f): 5:49pm On Apr 15, 2013
Better. wink
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by frank317: 6:05pm On Apr 15, 2013
HisRib:

Judge her? You are telling me not to judge her but the rest of you have judged me. I am not saying a man needs to be rich, he just has to be able to take care of his woman. Lots of you women try to play that "good girl" role acting like you don't care about money but once you are married you will start creating problems because your husband has no money to buy this or that for you.

In life you need to know what YOU want. Why settle for less because you are afraid of what others will say about you?

I would prefer if you said, I will date a man who doesn't have much money as long as he's willing to work hard to change his situation. I can respect a woman who says that. I can't respect a woman who comes on here giving a fake ass speech to gain fans on a message board.

The same girls who 10 years from now will be crying about how much they are suffering in their "marital home." I don't care what ANYONE says. I will do what is BEST for me.

Let's get REAL please.

you are making it sound like it is a must that if the man is broke say ten years into a relationship, then girl must also be broke and never earn anything, what role do u actually play in his broke years? how do you expect to recieve when u are not willing to give.

it is even wrong that you are putting his financial statues before anything.

why are u surprised that u are being judged? read ur post once again? ur post gives broke guys no chance for love. havnt u seen rich girls dating broke guys and making them rich? i guess in ur world such girl should be hanged.

these words coming from u does not make u nice at allllllllll. it also says alot about ur family background (no offence meant) only broke girls or rich spoilt girls talk like this.

well for ur information i have seen plenty broooooooke guys in sweet loving relationship. perhaps u should try it, then u will fins another side of love that u have never seen before. forget all these fake love u have been into, sometimes broke assed relationships gives u unexplainable comfort.

1 Like

Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by dmcdad: 6:16pm On Apr 15, 2013
frank3.16:

you are making it sound like it is a must that if the man is broke say ten years into a relationship, then girl must also be broke and never earn anything, what role do u actually play in his broke years? how do you expect to recieve when u are not willing to give.

it is even wrong that you are putting his financial statues before anything.

why are u surprised that u are being judged? read ur post once again? ur post gives broke guys no chance for love. havnt u seen rich girls dating broke guys and making them rich? i guess in ur world such girl should be hanged.

these words coming from u does not make u nice at allllllllll. it also says alot about ur family background (no offence meant) only broke girls or rich spoilt girls talk like this.

well for ur information i have seen plenty broooooooke guys in sweet loving relationship. perhaps u should try it, then u will fins another side of love that u have never seen before. forget all these fake love u have been into, sometimes broke assed relationships gives u unexplainable comfort.
You got points broda... The lady definitely needs enlightment.
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by star4(f): 7:27pm On Apr 15, 2013
@op Hell no! There should be a strict law prohibiting a man without the funds to spoil a woman at least every week from dating. If they are found dating whilst broke the punishment should be a minimum of 5 years behind bars and a smacked bottom!! grin

Money can't buy love! Oh no wait. What was I saying?? wink

1 Like

Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by HisRib(f): 8:30pm On Apr 15, 2013
star*:
@op Hell no! There should be a strict law prohibiting a man without the funds to spoil a woman at least every week from dating. If they are found dating whilst broke the punishment should be a minimum of 5 years behind bars and a smacked bottom!! grin

Money can't buy love! Oh no wait. What was I saying?? wink

I don't believe money can buy love. I just think a man should be able to please his woman is every way, not just emotionally or sexually. If LOVE was all a relationship/marriage required to survive divorce rates wouldn't be SO high.
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by star4(f): 9:05pm On Apr 15, 2013
HisRib:

I don't believe money can buy love. I just think a man should be able to please his woman is every way, not just emotionally or sexually. If LOVE was all a relationship/marriage required to survive divorce rates wouldn't be SO high.

Ok so by the same token you are expecting a wealthy guy to stay wealthy for life? What if you get married and become broke? What will you have left to back up your marriage. It's true you need to tick boxes but money is not the foundation of a good relationship. Supporting a man through bad times and reaping the benefits together would feel much better don't you think? Trust me.., when you have a good partner who loves you? You can face almost anything smiley

Now., a man with no ambition? that's different! If he wants to sit back and watch you work your backside off you're not going to fall in love. Period.
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by dhrey: 7:56am On Apr 16, 2013
star*:

Ok so by the same token you are expecting a wealthy guy to stay wealthy for life? What if you get married and become broke? What will you have left to back up your marriage. It's true you need to tick boxes but money is not the foundation of a good relationship. Supporting a man through bad times and reaping the benefits together would feel much better don't you think? Trust me.., when you have a good partner who loves you? You can face almost anything smiley

Now., a man with no ambition? that's different! If he wants to sit back and watch you work your backside off you're not going to fall in love. Period.

very correct.
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Apr 16, 2013
-

1 Like

Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 16, 2013
-

2 Likes

Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by Creamish(f): 9:02pm On Apr 16, 2013
Thanx 2 u too dear.. Its all good.
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by HisRib(f): 2:22pm On Apr 17, 2013
Hunnydropps: tou make me laugh! You don't know me and I never approached you wrong. And no I am not the thpe to marry poor and complain. I don't appreciate your attitude but I guess some people have no home training, lol. Who are you to be ignorant when all I am is stating N opinion. If you don't want to see what others have to say and act like an adult while you do it then dont bother posting. Grow up and stop being so mean...,are you 3 yrs old? God Bless You.

I am not being mean to you. I am asking you to be honest. You can say you don't mind being with a man who is broke BUT don't seat here and talk like it's an easy life when truly it's NOT.

Money doesn't buy happiness and NO ONE should ever marry for money. I am not saying women should chase a rich man -- but should go for a man who can SIMPLY take care of his woman/family.
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 17, 2013
there is a big difference between a broke man and a lazy man,i think you are all mixing it up.the broke guy doesnt want to be broke but situation has resized his pockets to the shape of a single naira note and ladies start spoiling yourself with your own money and stop waiting for a guy to take you out before you go out............i mean must a guy buy you meatpie or whatever before you actually eat it.start thinking and spending independently,no wonder most nigerian girls are serial daters
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Apr 17, 2013
he can date all he wants.. i just hope he doesn't get anyone pregnant though angry
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by dmcdad: 4:47pm On Apr 17, 2013
uche16: there is a big difference between a broke man and a lazy man,i think you are all mixing it up.the broke guy doesnt want to be broke but situation has resized his pockets to the shape of a single naira note and ladies start spoiling yourself with your own and stop waiting for a guy to take you out before you go out............i mean must a guy buy you meatpie or whatever before you actually eat it.start thinking and spending independently,no wonder all nigerian girls are serial daters
Gbam!!!
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by Creamish(f): 4:52pm On Apr 17, 2013
uche16: there is a big difference between a broke man and a lazy man,i think you are all mixing it up.the broke guy doesnt want to be broke but situation has resized his pockets to the shape of a single naira note and ladies start spoiling yourself with your own and stop waiting for a guy to take you out before you go out............i mean must a guy buy you meatpie or whatever before you actually eat it.start thinking and spending independently,no wonder all nigerian girls are serial daters

I agree with all but the highlighted and im sure u know why. I believe u are intelligent. wink
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by star4(f): 5:00pm On Apr 17, 2013
HisRib:

I am not being mean to you. I am asking you to be honest. You can say you don't mind being with a man who is broke BUT don't seat here and talk like it's an easy life when truly it's NOT.

Money doesn't buy happiness and NO ONE should ever marry for money. I am not saying women should chase a rich man -- but should go for a man who can SIMPLY take care of his woman/family.

Lol! She said she wasn't lying, shes expressing her opinion. Some people have very little money and their lives are much fuller than some rich people. Just because you're rich does not equal easy life.

I think the question you asked to open this thread was quite provocative. Maybe it should have been can you be happy with a broke guy. Anyway I see your point completely but to each their own..
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Apr 17, 2013
Creamish:

I agree with all but the highlighted and im sure u know why. I believe u are intelligent. wink
i get your point and i believe you are quite different.
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Apr 17, 2013
Dating isn't only for the 'cashful' guys to the best of my intelligence.
Tf? Does one need a permission to date?
It all depends if you've got an understanding partner.
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by ceaz4r(m): 9:10pm On Apr 17, 2013
HisRib: Do you guys think it's okay for a guy who has NO money to have a girldriend?

Let's be realistic for one second.

I don't think I could date someone who can't buy me beautiful roses here and there, take me to a nic restaurant during the weekend or spoil me with little gifts here and there.

I am not saying he has to be rich but he can't be broke. A man's gotta hold his own.

Should broke ass girls, lazy, idle, N100-recharge-card- girls, I'm-a-student girls, ...etc be allowed to come close to responsible men, let alone date them?! Seriously, if we say you women are for sale, you feel insulted. Is there any law that forbids women from being independent? Or one that forbids relationships from being mutual & complimentary? Geezzz!!
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by dmcdad: 9:21pm On Apr 17, 2013
ceaz4r:

Should broke ass girls, lazy, idle, N100-recharge-card- girls, I'm-a-student girls, ...etc be allowed to come close to responsible men, let alone date them?! Seriously, if we say you women are for sale, you feel insulted. Is there any law that forbids women from being independent? Or one that forbids relationships from being mutual & complimentary? Geezzz!!
My broda the thing sef tire me oooo
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by Creamish(f): 8:39am On Apr 18, 2013
ceaz4r:

When God created Men, He made u guyz d PROVIDER . . . .deal wit it! lolz tongue grin

1 Like

Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by MENTORCH(m): 9:51am On Apr 18, 2013
I don't blame girls that say they can't date a broke man, you don't necessarily have to be rich.If you don't have money to spend you shouldn't be with women, everything involves money from paying for cab,watching a movie,dinner,buying gifts ETC. You just can't control girls without cash no matter how handsome you are, unless you are dating a sugar mummy.
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by dmcdad: 12:25pm On Apr 18, 2013
Creamish:

When God created Men, He made u guyz d PROVIDER . . . .deal wit it! lolz tongue grin
Ehen..?? Okay I hope u wont complain when men cheat or something cause Abraham had Sarah when he was given the go-ahead to sleep with his slave girl.. So, you see! The same nature man was created to be a provider, so also was he created to have more than one woman.. If u no agree with this, me sef no agree with ur own. Simple!
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by HisRib(f): 12:28pm On Apr 18, 2013
dmcdad:
Ehen..?? Okay I hope u wont complain when men cheat or something cause Abraham had Sarah when he was given the go-ahead to sleep with his slave girl.. So, you see! The same nature man was created to be a provider, so also was he created to have more than one woman.. If u no agree with this, me sef no agree with ur own. Simple!

That's a LIE and you know it. What kind of man even says something like that. I pity my generation.
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by Creamish(f): 12:46pm On Apr 18, 2013
dmcdad:

D difference btw u and Abraham is dat Abraham is currently in heaven . . so his eternity is guaranteed. . U still de earth and u wan groove every babe u c. U no wan go Heaven? grin
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by dmcdad: 12:57pm On Apr 18, 2013
Creamish:

D difference btw u and Abraham is dat Abraham is currently in heaven . . so his eternity is guaranteed. . U still de earth and u wan groove every babe u c. U no wan go Heaven? grin
Lolzz

I actually brought that up to negate what was brought to the fore as its wrong...

Anywayz, how I wan take groove every babe I see when I never even groove one? I be on of the broke guys OP talked about and so I just dey respect myself dey my own... Abi e no good like that?
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by dmcdad: 1:01pm On Apr 18, 2013
HisRib:

That's a LIE and you know it. What kind of man even says something like that. I pity my generation.
Whats a lie? You pity your generation? I pity you for coming up with such a **** thread. It shows the kinda person you are. I can bet u are the type that would even be dating a rich dude and would run away if things goes bad for him... Please, remove the plank in ur eyes before tryna take out the dust in someone else's own.
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by Creamish(f): 1:09pm On Apr 18, 2013
dmcdad:
Lolzz

I actually brought that up to negate what was brought to the fore as its wrong...

Anywayz, how I wan take groove every babe I see when I never even groove one? I be on of the broke guys OP talked about and so I just dey respect myself dey my own... Abi e no good like that?

LOLz . . so u are kinda like erm . . concurring with OP right? grin
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by dmcdad: 1:16pm On Apr 18, 2013
Creamish:

LOLz . . so u are kinda like erm . . concurring with OP right? grin
Lmao... Not really against her. I am actually a broke ass guy and don't even wanna try to have a gurl. Just like the OP said. She is right especially with someone like me. Lol
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by HisRib(f): 1:16pm On Apr 18, 2013
dmcdad:
Whats a lie? You pity your generation? I pity you for coming up with such a **** thread. It shows the kinda person you are. I can bet u are the type that would even be dating a rich dude and would run away if things goes bad for him... Please, remove the plank in ur eyes before tryna take out the dust in someone else's own.

I never spoke of dating a rich man. I simply said he can't be broke. Additionally, I intend on being a career woman -- in other words my source of income won't be my man/husband. BUT I still need a man to make me feel like a woman. He needs to be able to satisfy me in every way possible. Is that so difficult for you to understand?

I just can't figure out why someone who's completely broke would want to date. Even a 5 year old knows having a girlfriend will cost you money.

This is grown folks talk. If you can't handle it don't come into this thread.
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by dmcdad: 1:28pm On Apr 18, 2013
HisRib:

I never spoke of dating a rich man. I simply said he can't be broke. Additionally, I intend on being a career woman -- in other words my source of income won't be my man/husband. BUT I still need a man to make me feel like a woman. He needs to be able to satisfy me in every way possible. Is that so difficult for you to understand?

I just can't figure out why someone who's completely broke would want to date. Even a 5 year old knows having a girlfriend will cost you money.

This is grown folks talk. If you can't handle it don't come into this thread.
I am not against you in any way but you should kinda review your posts or the entire thread as using the word broke might just imply a temporal blip and not as if the guy is in penury. You catch my drift? Even the so-called-rich-guys go broke sometimes. So, the fact remains that being broke or not, people should be allowed to date for whatever reason they want to.

There is one thing you need to be clear of and that is the fact that you cant date anyone who is broke. That is good and fine for you. But don't say they shouldn't be allowed to date like there is a fundamental law against such people dating. Besides, if u would date for money, there are girls that would date just for a guy's intelligence, handsomeness, wisdom, personality just to name a few.

Like I stated in one of my previous posts, money is required to fine-tune the dating experience, to add spices to it, to bring about treats and the likes. I have dated someone who doesn't like me taking her out or buying a gifts or the likes... What she ever craved for was just to be with me alone because whenever she was with me she was always happy and that was what she craved for. Please and please the bedrock of your relationship shouldn't be money... Besides, someone who is broke today might also be well to do tomorrow if he knows what he is doing. And a rich guy of today can eventually become flat-broke tomorrow.

Do u see right through me?
Re: Should Broke Men Be Allowed To Date? by dmcdad: 1:29pm On Apr 18, 2013
^^^

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Words On Marbles; Whyyou Should Be Careful With Whom u Choose To Have Sex With. / 5 Things Guys Think About During Shower Sex And May Not Tell You / Lovers Get Stuck During Sexxual Intercourse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.