Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,674 members, 7,885,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 03:25 PM

Are U Afraid Of Death? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are U Afraid Of Death? (1202 Views)

Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? / Pastor Adeboye Was Afraid To Die On Nigeria Airways Flight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are U Afraid Of Death? by SeanT21(f): 5:35pm On Apr 07, 2008
Personally i am not afraid of death. If God said its my time to leave tomorrow i will just cry because i will miss my family and friends. Since i know when i die i will be going to heaven and meeting up with my grandma and the others that i love i really wont care. I also know that one day i will see those that i left behind. Heaven to me is a long vacation but you just don't come back and only the non-sinners gets to visit. Its just the way i think.

AM I THE ONLY PERSON WHO is not afraid of death?
Re: Are U Afraid Of Death? by Lady2(f): 6:15pm On Apr 07, 2008
No. I too am not afraid. Infact I prepare myself today so as to not be attached to this world so that when it's my time, I won't be afraid. I'm also the type of person who accepts things as they come and not stress about it. If it's meant to happen, it will happen, if not it won't happen.

I guess facing death this february doesn't help either, lol.

Well not to sound nonchalant, but after what happened, I realise that I stress myself almost to death all the time for irrelevant things.
What matters at the end is my legacy (good) left on earth and that I am going to meet my maker.

It's funny as an activity during training for my job, we had to give eulogies for ourselves.
They didn't tell us that we'll be giving the eulogy for ourselves, we were just told we'll be giving a eulogy and they'd lift the casket and whoever we see in there is the person we're giving the euology for. Well it was my turn and in it was a mirror, so I saw myself and I had to give my eulogy. That made me examine my life and reset it on the proper course.

So am I afraid to die? Ofcourse not. It's something that is bound to happen and this life is just a passageway to the next (eternal life with my creator).
Re: Are U Afraid Of Death? by iice(f): 6:36pm On Apr 07, 2008
Never been afraid of it. . .
Afterall isn't it a natural thing?
Re: Are U Afraid Of Death? by Uche2nna(m): 6:39pm On Apr 07, 2008
It is easy not to be afraid of death. But the anticipation of death; Now thats different.
Re: Are U Afraid Of Death? by redsun(m): 1:46am On Apr 08, 2008
The day you are born,you are dead.
Re: Are U Afraid Of Death? by redsun(m): 1:48am On Apr 08, 2008
The day you are born,you are dead.
Re: Are U Afraid Of Death? by SeanT21(f): 9:58pm On Apr 08, 2008
at redsun

can u explain that please?
Re: Are U Afraid Of Death? by redsun(m): 12:29pm On Apr 09, 2008
Life is a ticking time.It starts as soon as you are born,just like a stop watch.Make the best of it while you are conscious.
Re: Are U Afraid Of Death? by Cayon(f): 2:55am On May 09, 2008
I fear of the living not death
Re: Are U Afraid Of Death? by eniyan(m): 10:22am On May 09, 2008
Not everyone are going to die. Some shall be changed into the incorruptible. Hence the saying "Death is swallowed up in victory" shall come to pass. (1st Corinthians chapter 15 from verse 51 to 54).
Re: Are U Afraid Of Death? by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 09, 2008
not sure.
definitely not lookin forward to it.undecided
Re: Are U Afraid Of Death? by olabowale(m): 2:05pm On May 09, 2008
@Eniyan: Corinthians was written after Jesus, right? I mean Jesus himself was not walking the face of this earth when the book of corinthians was put into process. And the witer of corinthians is death already? How is it possible for somebody to bring up an idea that jesus himself did not put forward and you guys believe it?

If death were not to occur to anyone, should it not have been Jesus, or and his disciples or the immediate generaton or generations? Is any of them on this earth today? Was it not even the bones of Elijah that raised somebody up? Is that person alive today? Is elijah himself alve?

Have we have in the modern ea any proponent of being alive in rapture that Jerry Fahwel of Liberty University/ moral majority of America? Did he not die last Summer? Think of it, Jesus never said anyone will not die. If he did, he probably lied, which is not the case, or somebody put it in his mouth, a certain scenerio.

This is why am not a christian, I don't wanna live in fantasy world.
Re: Are U Afraid Of Death? by elizabetta(f): 12:28pm On May 12, 2008
Death is something that will definitely come,so i am not afraid
Re: Are U Afraid Of Death? by Cayon(f): 5:41am On Jul 07, 2008
why be afraid of something that is bound to happen.

(1) (Reply)

Please Don't Read If Your Faith In God Almigthy (of The Bible) Is Weak: / Project Blue Beam: How To Fake The Rapture? / My Dictionary Of Christianese

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.