Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,116 members, 7,880,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 07:01 PM

How Can I Continue To Love My Wife - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Continue To Love My Wife (22813 Views)

3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying / Should I Continue With The Relationship? (25+ Only) / Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by Nobody: 10:28am On Apr 15, 2013
If at the end of the day,her version of romance is just giving her money,then there is nothing you can do.You have to seek a way forward but just don't sign the divorce papers.You have kids already,so there is no rush in remarrying.The mistake has been made from the foundation,you can't kill yourself for it but you have to figure how to live.
Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by vicoson(m): 10:48am On Apr 15, 2013
byvan:

Brother,please don't divorce hastily.Can you try seperation?like seek refuge with a responsible friend for a while,ofcourse pop back into your house every now and then to play with your children.Maybe this woman will think about her marriage and know she misses her husband.Please keep being faithful and the man that you are,don't let an ungrateful woman change your personality.Since she hasn't cheated yet,please try seperation,don't divorce hastily.At some point you have to make a decision,if this woman still doesn't change after a seperation,let her walk if she want to.

Have you ever tried a heartfelt dialogue,to know why she is mean to you??Communication saves a lot,know her plans for the marriage.Yes,you can't fake romance but you can learn.I wasn't naturally a very romantically expressive person but I try to learn,because am taking a cue from my husband.We are all learning,no one is born married.
we do talk but the end result is always another bigger problem. She turns the situation around and play the victim. When I refuse to talk to her for a while, she becomes extremely nice,sometimes she will buy me things I need but cannot get immediately because of other things I have to do. And just when I decide to open up and play with her, she turns back to tell me how bad and wicked I am and how I make her life so miserable, and that I married her just toruin her life. I just give her her things back. Now, I don't accept gifts from her again and we don't have any meaningful conversation again.
Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by claremont(m): 10:59am On Apr 15, 2013
50calibre: Haven you heard the saying " if you get caught between a snake and an mbaise woman, kill the mbaise woman first"
grin grin grin
Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by redcliff: 11:06am On Apr 15, 2013
[size=14pt]Possessed wife. call her mother to come and carry her child and give her the proper home training she needs.[/size]
Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by GraceBestowed(f): 11:06am On Apr 15, 2013
50calibre:

They are not generalisations, there is substance to what I said. Will the kids fare better with a mechanical engineer dad or an illiterate mum? Is it better to allow the kids stay with a mum who would only sow seed of discord and her evil vices in them? What sort of upbringing is she going to give them, the type her parents gave her?

No I don't think so

Thank you for not resorting to insults. Disagreeing without resorting to insults should be the norm, but isn't, so i appreciate your decorum.

I still believe that it would be vindictive to separate a loving mother from her children.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by nenergy(m): 11:07am On Apr 15, 2013
vicoson: I love those kids n they look like me.
Hahahahaha...sounds like you're not sure.
Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by MadCow1: 11:07am On Apr 15, 2013
What a shame..

A Mechanical Engineer got played by an Mbaise High School drop out.. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by caesaraba(m): 11:09am On Apr 15, 2013
You my friend are a fool. (sorry for sounding this way).

It's okay if you wanna play games, 'suffer' your wife etc etc.

But how could you be so dumb not to think about the effects an unhappy marriage filled with ill feelings and hatred can have on your 2 innocent kids?

Honestly, I don't know what to say to you. But your decision to go ahead an marry someone you do not like and who has shown you such behaviour is just plain dumb.

The only people I have any pity for are your kids. Oh God! The trauma. smh. If I could, I'd adopt them!
Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by urchnez(m): 11:10am On Apr 15, 2013
rokiatu: Welcome to the institution called "marriage"

lol on a more serious note, you are the man of the house and you can't sit and watch this woman eat over your head. Such behavior will only lead to more unhappiness in the home and bitterness between you and your wife. She either stop or you do something drastic. You don't have to live in an unhappy marriage forever life is already hell as it is.
Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by nicky4lif(f): 11:11am On Apr 15, 2013
I don't seem to understand u any more.don't let us make mistakes here.u never loved her nd she was playing games,still u married her(cos of pity)pity her for what?when u said she had other suitors.u don't love her,u are not romantic,u don't give her attention nd she is misbehaving.I think u shld start from urself first,work on those things she is complaining abt nd see if she changes too.how can u both be living in a lovless marriage?settle ur home.
Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by Nobody: 11:12am On Apr 15, 2013
vicoson: I'm from Akwa Ibom and she is from Mbaise.

Ol boy, na there the problem dey. you don enter one chance. There's no solution. Either you kill her or she kills you. The choice is yours.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by MMM2(m): 11:13am On Apr 15, 2013
Op

Oh NO mbaise angry

Nobody dey marry dem (mabaise in imo state) undecided

U re in a long thing
Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by dgitrader(m): 11:17am On Apr 15, 2013
@OP, this thread will not do any good to ur marriage, because your mind is already made-up, and you will only continually get lots of post that supports your version of the story. in addition your thread is to further boost stereotyping of people of certain origin(though they deserve it, awon mbaise buru gan!). grin

the topic should have been: how can i love my wife! because its obvious from ur statements, that there was never a trace of love in your marriage. i feel so sorry for your children. may God forgive you and your wife, uncontrolable desire for illicit sex has brought you two this far.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 15, 2013
50calibre:

Look let me tell you. Being romantic to an mbaise woman is giving her money simple and short. Mbaise women only know how to spend money, they milk their husbands dry, all they do is complain about not receiving enough money from you, they give you examples of their friends whose husbands buys things for them, they don't think of anything apart from collecting money from their husbands and sending to her people.

How were you able to cope with dowry of an mbaise woman. How many million did you spend.
my friend go and sit down. Don't say what you don't know. Are you trying to say that all mbaise women are bad? I don't like what you just said. Take it back!
Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by Tokotaya: 11:21am On Apr 15, 2013
You played a game you were never mentally-equipped to win. How could you intend to 'use' a woman, and you proceeded to put your n-a-k-e-d staff in her honeypot? In your mind, you were using her as the two of u were gyrating and shouting gibberish, right? Now you are whining about the results. That will teach you never to play games with your life. If you dont love a woman any more, tell her so and let her find someone else while she easily can. Now, it's more complicated, as there already are kids involved. Sorry, but u only have urself to blame.
Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 15, 2013
I once had a gf that is an mbaise girl,it seems it is in their nature to be nagging and they can kill for money.lol.
Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by deohighlander: 11:22am On Apr 15, 2013
Mr man, why are you complaining? She stayed with you for six months and you saw hell, you went ahead to marry her. Expect more hell from her because you ask for it.
Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by Santi222(m): 11:25am On Apr 15, 2013
50calibre: How the hell did you manage to get ensnared in the trap of an mbaise woman, an illiterate one for that matter? Haven you heard the saying " if you get caught between a snake and an mbaise woman, kill the mbaise woman first" mbaise women are like leeches, they contribute nothing positive to your life, apart from sucking you dry.

Gather your thoughts together, make plans, go to a marriage court and dissolve the marriage. Nigeria is dysfunctional, with money you would get custody of the kids. Take your kids and go drop them with your people, they are better off there than with her.
u be idiot oh. Tribalistic mugu like u. Dem dey find how to repair sumtin, u open d hole for ur face dey spew rubbish. Na ur people be saints, abi?
Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by Daresh(f): 11:26am On Apr 15, 2013
I agree with deohighlander. AWhy would you marry someone who is so openly promiscous and expect respect. It is not by force to marry and from what you say it is apparent you did her d favour. Are you even sure those kids are yours? How could you even marry an Mbaise woman. NNa your problems are many so goodluck!
Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by adami48(f): 11:27am On Apr 15, 2013
man u don enter, try ur best to get urself out, if not her next plan will be to kill u Mbaise u said, dis are d most wicked set of igbos, male or female dey are dangerous, she will neva change dnt even tink she will
Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by Daresh(f): 11:28am On Apr 15, 2013
vicoson: I took her to their people in January and lodged complaints to her father. All her in-laws were around. They all leapt to her defence and faulted the way I presented the matter that I was too blunt. The complaints were:
1. She doesn't respect me
2. She is not submissive
3. She is lazy and the house is always messy
4. She is rebellious.
My father-in-law said he was so disappointed for me to come complaining so early and a lot of other things. I grew upset and told them to keep their daughter and left. She was there for a week and people prevaied on me to bring her back. The church stepped in and ordered her to come back to my house. I've not heard from her people since then and i've refused to go see them.

Mbaise people are the worst kind of ppl to get involved with. Dont get me started on those people.
Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by Sike(m): 11:28am On Apr 15, 2013
Sticking with the topic, How'd U marry your wife with no LOVE in the first place?
Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 15, 2013
The signs were there for you τ̲̅ȍ see the writing was clearly written on the wall.But you let her play you for just another sucker!!How are you even sure those kids r •̸№t ur neighbours
Kids?? in dealing with life issues as marriage ,show •̸№ mercy,take •̸№ hostages and lastly keep ur emotions in check!You married her out of pity cos she said she has changedgringringrin brother do what ‎u have τ̲̅ȍ do.
Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by adami48(f): 11:30am On Apr 15, 2013
Santi222:
u be idiot oh. Tribalistic mugu like u. Dem dey find how to repair sumtin, u open d hole for ur face dey spew rubbish. Na ur people be saints, abi?
repair wetin don scatter already frm foundation abi? Hope no be from yaba left u dey send dis tin shey? Crase person

1 Like

Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by Joyland(m): 11:32am On Apr 15, 2013
You need prayers the more.
Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by Rhino5dm: 11:33am On Apr 15, 2013
Mbaise women? My God!! I sorry for your life.

Those women are extremely heartless, wicked and worship only money. I hope you don't die after eating her food.
Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by Joyland(m): 11:35am On Apr 15, 2013
Daresh: I agree with deohighlander. AWhy would you marry someone who is so openly promiscous and expect respect. It is not by force to marry and from what you say it is apparent you did her d favour. Are you even sure those kids are yours? How could you even marry an Mbaise woman. NNa your problems are many so goodluck!

You may equally blame it on "black magic".
Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by Sweetlemon(f): 11:36am On Apr 15, 2013
o

1 Like

Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by joinnow: 11:38am On Apr 15, 2013
The Bible is practical. It acknowledges the joys of marriage, but it also warns that those who marry “will have tribulation in their flesh.” (1 Corinthians 7:28)

Visit www.jw.org
read online the book secret of success in Marrige chapter 13
If Marriage Is at the Breaking Point.
Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by peace3: 11:39am On Apr 15, 2013
vicoson: I love those kids n they look like me.
I SYMPATHIZE WITH YOU.HOWEVER,YOU ARE THE ARCHITECT OF YOUR PROBLEMS.WHETHER THE CHILDREN LOOKS LIKE YOU IS NOT THE ISSUE,DID SHE SLEPT WITH OTHER MEN WHILE PREGNANT?YOU KNEW THESE FACTS FROM ONSET;SHE DON'T RESPECT YOU,SHE KEEPS OTHER MEN WHILE IN YOUR TERRITORY,KEEPS CONDOMS,TOLD YOU SHE WOULDN'T MARRY YOU,HENCE YOU RECONCILE AND MADE UNPROTECTED SEX WITH HER.MAN WAKE UP,PRAY AND FAST SO THAT YOU CAN SEE INTO REALITY ON GROUND.ALL THE BEST.
Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by StateOfMind: 11:41am On Apr 15, 2013
@Op, truth be told, you both deserve each other,

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Continue To Love My Wife by butta(m): 11:42am On Apr 15, 2013
@poster first of all this should serve as a vital lesson to all single men out there never never marry a woman out of pity else you pay the price . As for you poster divorce will not solve the issue for you it will only make it worse for you think about your children first no woman out there that u bring into your house will treat your children like her own , it is your fault , deal with it and live with and see your predicament now as a punishment for your stupidity by marrying an illiterate woman and dont say it is love now that your eyes have finally opened welcome to the real world , you have to understand that some people are just who they are and you can't change them from what they are , a street girl will always remain a street girl u thought u could change her ways by being married to her well sorry about ur disappointment and pls divorce is not the answer manage her like that it is ur fault goodluck and Godspeed in your marriage .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Should I Leave My Cheating Wife, Or Have An Affair Of My Own / Young Lady In Makurdi Declared Missing (see Photos) / Lady Cries Out As Man Makes Move To Snatch Her Late Dad’s House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.