Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,305 members, 7,936,896 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 07:12 AM

"But I'm The Pope Sit Down" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "But I'm The Pope Sit Down" (480 Views)

Roman Catholic Church The Babylon In Bible Prophecy. +the Pope Is The Beast / TB Joshua Predicted The Resignation Of The Pope! / The Pope Is The Antichrist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"But I'm The Pope Sit Down" by FECOSON: 8:42pm On Apr 15, 2013
“But I’m the Pope. Sit down.”

An Italian soccer news site has a sweet story about Pope Francis who apparently gets up very early without an alarm.

Recently, when he left his apartment at Domus Marta and went out into the hall, the Pope found a Swiss Guard standing at attention outside his door.

He asked him, “And what are you doing here? Were you awake all night?

“Yes,” the guard answered respectfully.

“Standing?”

“One of my colleagues gave me a break.”

“And you’re not tired?”

“It’s my duty Your Holiness, for Your safety.”

The Pope looked at him with kindness. He went back into his apartment and, after a few minutes, returned with a chair in his hand: “At least sit down and rest.”

Shocked, the Swiss Guard replied,“Forgive me, but I can’t! The rules don’t allow it.”

“The rules?”

“My captain, Your Holiness.”

“Oh, is that so? Well, I’m the Pope and I am asking you to sit down.”

So, between the rules and the Pope, the Swiss Guard, complete with his halberd, chose the chair. And then the Pope brought him some bread and jam for a snack, saying, “Buon appetito, brother.”

Re: "But I'm The Pope Sit Down" by inspiredbyGOD(m): 10:26pm On Apr 15, 2013
And the moral of the story is?
undecided undecided undecided

(1) (Reply)

Night Of Supernatural Miracles. / Purpose: Sent To Give Abundant Life (2) / A True Demonstration Of Faith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.