Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,187 members, 7,974,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 01:24 PM

Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? (10069 Views)

Will Everyone Watch Our Life History On Judgement Day / What Will Be The Fate Of Those Mentally Challenged on Judgement Day? / World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by mendax: 4:21pm On Apr 18, 2013
@OP, to understand the need for a judgement day, you first need to understand the purpose of why you exist on this earth.

secondly, I believe the Lord has sent me guidelines. A set of dos and donts which we as human beings need to adhere to. Part of those rules apply to my relationship between myself and the Lord directly, while the other part has to do with my relationship with other beings like me. The judgement has nothing to do with giving me a fair hairing, because by definition God cannot cheat (because cheating/oppression is unGodly). Hence, on that day, your deeds will be made manifest to you.

Now take for example, a guy called hitler comes along and decides to kill a million people and then commits suicide. Does that mean that this hitler guy has gone scot free? No way! He'll be judged. If another guy named Sani decides to steal our collective commonwealth as Nigerians but then dies or is poisoned, does he go scot free or is he made to account for his actions. Or lets say, a guy kills my father but has a very powerful lawyer to defend him on this earth, on that day, that Judgement will be repeated and what is due to the murderer and lawyer will be handed back to them etc

When your deeds are presented to you, there is no issue of defending yourself, because you will know that very well that you committed them. It is not an issue of defence that will save you, it is an issue of the Lords mercy.

1 Like

Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Apr 18, 2013
DanoskyZ: Judgement dat day will come from the HEART! Whatever is ur belief, there is SIN/SHORTFALL/MISDEED there, that's what all the religions have in common. That day ur heart will judge you not even God.
The whole essence is to separate the GOOD from the BAD, whether islam, hindu, christian
which all religion? Only the abrahamic religions has the judgement day ideology. And trust me, during the time the book of Revelations was written, judgment-day was the ideology in vogue then. Different Jewish sects and christian sects were all claiming exclusive rights to God's kingdom and they were condemning other sects who didnt believe them in order to dissuade their followers from following those other sects. The book of revelations is no different. If the early Catholic church hadnt succeeded in killing off the competition, I am sure we would have had many different ideas about who Jesus was by now.

2 Likes

Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by abolem369(m): 4:26pm On Apr 18, 2013
Its only an antichrist that will initiate this kind of thread to cause confusion and to cause critically cantankerous and sardonically obnoxious expressions. Heaven is real,no debate
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by FXKing2012(m): 4:28pm On Apr 18, 2013
frank3.16:
Hi guys, i will really like Christians in the house to help me explain this and also answer relating question.

please of what use if the Judgement day? Is it for God to prove to us that we were sinners? or for the devil to explain to God how we sinned? or for us to at least defend ourselves? will we have our lawyers?

why will God want to judge us? is it to condemn us? or to just justify any punishment or blessing that might be meant for us after death? thank you

It's for you to know why you are being sent to the lake of fire.
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by Mutaino7(m): 4:28pm On Apr 18, 2013
To me God made sure he did everything to bring back the broken link between him and we humans. One thing have learn in my few years on earth is that u are giving the power of choice. Was it not by Adam free will that he eat of the apple when God told him not to. Conscience was placed in human to guide him but in later years human found a way out of it by killing it. Holy spirit was sent to feel that void. Sincerely frank u would do beta by discussing the issue with a spirit filled man of God.
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by superior1: 4:32pm On Apr 18, 2013
OP, of what need is my explaining this to you?, you have probably decided on the course of life to take anyways. If you are waiting till you understand the use of judgement day before you make your decision about eternity, i wish you success.

Are Atheists having a special day today, this is not APRIL 1!!!!
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by born2fuckpussy: 4:39pm On Apr 18, 2013
I don't believe on judgement day but if it occur, I do not think my sins require judgement day before I can be cast into hell fire.....but if judgement occur in heaven, I will like I did not commit any sin
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by valicious1(m): 4:39pm On Apr 18, 2013
superior1: OP, of what need is my explaining this to you?, you have probably decided on the course of life to take anyways. If you are waiting till you understand the use of judgement day before you make your decision about eternity, i wish you success.

Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by TableLeg(m): 4:41pm On Apr 18, 2013
When you get up there, you will find out!
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by onitshaigbo(m): 4:43pm On Apr 18, 2013
Human beings questioning the plan of Almighty God is like ants wondering about the purpose of the Badagary Expressway: there is no way we could comprehend something so much more profound than our mental capabilities allow. So, instead of questioning the purpose of God's plan and creations, we should ask ourselves what is God's instruction for us to live.

1 Like

Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 18, 2013
Judgement day is to try every one who ever lived, to lay bare every thing that everyone has done(in secret and in the public). The sinners are seperated unto destruction. Rev 20:11-15. They are seperated because of their sins. The saints are seperated to life eternal, not because they never sinned but because they believed and accepted the work of Christ. Rom 8:1.
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by karpentar: 4:44pm On Apr 18, 2013
Will CNN cover the judgement day?
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by mendax: 4:47pm On Apr 18, 2013
karpentar: Will CNN cover the judgement day?

Is CNN covering the discussion on this thread right now? undecided
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by nenergy(m): 4:49pm On Apr 18, 2013
The "breathe" in you isnt yours, so judgement day a day to explain to God how you used it. As for me, i wait not for judgement day, as i judge myself daily!
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by karpentar: 4:49pm On Apr 18, 2013
mendax:

Is CNN covering the discussion on this thread right now? undecided

The discussion here is not as important as the planned judgement day. I hope CNN covers that judgement day.
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by Networkmaster(m): 4:50pm On Apr 18, 2013
Only if their was a meter to measure how good or how bad you are.
I believe everyone was born in a neutral level and as you grow up,
you got to choose if ding good or bad is the right thing for you.

This is a very complicated issue. God only knows about your future when
you might have chosen the RIGHT OR WRONG track, maybe at a certain age.

In the other hand, someone could argue that; Yes God knows our future
from birth but HE has placed the right and the wrong route for us to follow
with his rules and clues, telling us what the rewards and punishment will be
if any one of us does GOOD or BAD.
Yes, God knows our future but HE is not in the right position to direct us on what
route to follow after giving us the rules and law and their rewards.

This is why we are different from every other living things, we have the power and the
right to choose our own destiny.
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 18, 2013
DanoskyZ: Judgement dat day will come from the HEART! Whatever is ur belief, there is SIN/SHORTFALL/MISDEED there, that's what all the religions have in common. That day ur heart will judge you not even God.
The whole essence is to separate the GOOD from the BAD, whether islam, hindu, christian
If this is true, what's the purpose of evangelism? Soul-winning is based on the premise that ANY being who is not born again and worships the Christian God is doomed to damnation.

1 Like

Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 5:39pm On Apr 18, 2013
If you had already known the answer why asking
Well
The world is a market place and heaven is our home
That is leaving on earth is temporal we shall surely return to our fathers house but the bastards must have been exempted
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 5:40pm On Apr 18, 2013
If you had already known the answer why asking
Well
The world is a market place and heaven is our home
That is leaving on earth is temporal we shall surely return to our fathers house but the bstrds must have been exempted
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by lagcity(m): 5:51pm On Apr 18, 2013
Christians make me laff. If there is hell, all of us are going there no doubt ( I know I am grin). even the pope will be there. we will all burn in hell forever and ever while God will be very lonely in heaven. eeeya, poor guy.
oh I forgot! God wont be lonely; he has angels with him, just like Santa Claus has elfs in the north pole. damn, we are so screwed! see you in hell guys wink

1 Like

Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by Abbott(m): 5:53pm On Apr 18, 2013
The idea of judgment is found in the justness of the judgment.
God is a just God. The idea of natural justice is His. He will give the accused person(we all know that the accused person is truly the accused) to present his case and whats more, He will hear.
Another reason, He judges motives, intentions, thought processes before and after an action, right or wrong. He may judge a seemingly guilty person innocent or a seemingly innocent person guilty. His judgments are just and faultless.
In other words, the essence of judgment IS FOR YOU TO BE absolutely convinced that God's judgment upon you is just, whether good or bad.
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 18, 2013
The judgement day is the time when all people will be asked what they did with the grace of Jesus made available unto them free of charge. SHIKENA!!
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by GooseBaba: 6:08pm On Apr 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

Doesnt god already know who is good and who is bad? What is the point of the judgement day when god already knows what you have done and where you are going to? Is God into ceremonies and entertaining court cases?

The guy like ceremonies and dramatization. You no see as him take sacrifice his only begotten son .. Wey him don already know say him go die.. After that the guy go siddon for him papa side after the koboko... Harry porter things...or lord of the rings ... Precious all the way...
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by tbit(f): 6:13pm On Apr 18, 2013
frank3.16:

sounds like he want humans to know they are guilty and accept their punishment in good fate. of what use is this if you wont b given opportunity to defend urself?
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by GooseBaba: 6:16pm On Apr 18, 2013
inspiredbyGOD:.:
@op, another important thing to note is that we won't really be judged based on our deeds but by our beliefs. Imagine going to hell for not getting a chance to hear about Jesus; our ancestors are in big soup.

Your ancestors in big soup? Haba! Abi your god failed woefully. The guy could not communicate with his so called creation... Your god fall my hand..

1 Like

Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by alfredo4u(m): 6:16pm On Apr 18, 2013
am disappointed wit u guys. U all ve 4goten, d bible says sinners wil not stand on d day of judgement.
God knws dose who r His. Stop deceivin ur sefs. If u die as a sinner u r gone already.

Repent now and accept Jesus. All of shld repeat dis pray afta me:

Lord Jesus, i com 2 u now, i knw i ve sinned against You, wash me clean, i accept You as my Lord and Savoir, give me d grace to respect You and stop questionin You in Jesus name, Amen.

You all r saved, sin no more.
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by GooseBaba: 6:22pm On Apr 18, 2013

No need to make flimsy excuses or lie ... What happen to kingdom of heaven through your savior... Wetin concern Heart inside...Muslims know of him as a prophet, na hell fire be that now! Hindu no even send am, hell fire again.. Now you say na automated your god go use no be him go do the work... My guy stop making excuses...
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by GooseBaba: 6:24pm On Apr 18, 2013
yuzedo: Judgement day is one BIG movie theater. There will be a large 1000inch Sony HDTV screen where everybody will queue up and watch videos of other peoples lives on earth. I'm looking forward to that day cos i will have my vaseline in my hand while watching peoples videos. All these NL babes wey dey form varchin.. We go watch una sexxx tape dat day! grin grin grin

All you girlfriends that lied you are in church night vigil, meanwhile ya in one hotel sucking lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed ya boyfriend go know that day.. angry angry angry

Infact, judgement day go too sweet. You go watch people life movie die! i am bidding to be the sole distributor of popcorn that day. Chei!!! tongue tongue tongue

LMAO!!! Guy you don craze finish...prick go pain you o... You no say dem plenty...

1 Like

Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by GooseBaba: 6:39pm On Apr 18, 2013
superior1: OP, of what need is my explaining this to you?, you have probably decided on the course of life to take anyways. If you are waiting till you understand the use of judgement day before you make your decision about eternity, i wish you success.

Just because one does not Beleive in your shitty god does not make them an atheist...
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by ISBLIAC(m): 6:41pm On Apr 18, 2013
I swear that day go funny die....u mean me having a crush on someone,God go show am to the world
#I DON DIE#
Picture basket mouth sitting in the toilet masturbating....we go watch am on judgement day o.
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by GooseBaba: 6:42pm On Apr 18, 2013
onitshaigbo: Human beings questioning the plan of Almighty God is like ants wondering about the purpose of the Badagary Expressway: there is no way we could comprehend something so much more profound than our mental capabilities allow. So, instead of questioning the purpose of God's plan and creations, we should ask ourselves what is God's instruction for us to live.

I though the bagger created you in his own image.. Are you now saying a gave you an ants brain... Excuses upon excuse ....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atheists Let's Discuss God. / The Spiritual Meaning Of The Cursed Fig Tree / Fringe Illuminati Ebola Egregore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.