Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,023 members, 7,919,257 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 04:25 AM

If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. (12706 Views)

How Many Christians Follow Jesus' Rule Of 'Turn The Other Cheek?' / Turn The Other Cheek- What Does It Mean? / Turning The Other Cheek (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by Nobody: 12:25pm On Apr 21, 2013
Not only will I give him d other one but my arse cheeks too.

*NB: I am Anti Gay
Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by Hidorano(m): 12:27pm On Apr 21, 2013
tintingz: Lols... And you will turn the other cheek? grin
Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by esere826: 12:31pm On Apr 21, 2013
Vilicious: Am not asking for fun but I want to know. The bible teaches that If someone slaps you in one side of you cheek, you should turn the Other side. After this sermon in my campus fellowship, some guys wanted to temp me. So as I was standing in front my campus fellowship members, a guy just ran close to me slapped me and stated running away. I ran after him ( i was bigger and faster) caught him and pounced on him in front of my fellowship members. I know I should have let it go, as a christian. So here is my question, if someone hit you do you turn the other side and walk away or are you a little bit like me (am trying to change o) please share your experience too

The scripture is hidden and needs the Spirit to be revealed.

You did conform to scripture
he slapped you, you ran after him, and you exposed urself to more slaps from him in the form of standing up to fight him and not quivering
you also took off ur shirt and singlet in a rufu rufu fight to complete the scriptures
Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by nairaman66(m): 12:35pm On Apr 21, 2013
My people are destroyed because of lack of knowledge- Jesus Christ.

Even till date, this statement hold true cool
Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by churific(m): 12:38pm On Apr 21, 2013
When the bible says "turn the other cheek," it's a figure of speech. It was not meant to be taken literally.

Besides, the cheek is clearly not the only "slappable" part of the body. Even though we should let some things go as Christians, there's nothing wrong with self-defense when it's absolutely necessary.

1 Like

Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by bullyman36(m): 12:41pm On Apr 21, 2013
Jesus meant do not pay evil for evil.not d literal meaning

1 Like

Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by dorggito1(m): 12:44pm On Apr 21, 2013
Except if jesus is there,i will turn d other cheek.
Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by jericco1(m): 1:00pm On Apr 21, 2013
lol.....unless na girl wey fine else if d person get liver mke im try am, i go mke dat person lick im ankle!
Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by Abambi: 1:07pm On Apr 21, 2013
I go head the person Lip #gbam
Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by manny4life(m): 1:10pm On Apr 21, 2013
Lol @ some of the responses on here, it's good to see other Christians will not be cowed into the FALSE interpretation of our Lord Jesus Christ. PAGAN9JA is just like Obadiah777 who does nothing but FALSE INTERPRETATION, that's how he claimed that Jesus supported reincarnation, only to bring out other chapters, and he couldn't defend it. My people, the Bible says foollish questions, do not answer.

1 Like

Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 21, 2013
Turning the other cheek is foolishness.

1 Like

Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by skyhighweb(m): 1:13pm On Apr 21, 2013
Adeniyi A.:
it's 'cheek' , not 'chick'.
well as for me i'll 'chicken out '
were did u see 'chick' in is post
Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by samsy5460(m): 1:30pm On Apr 21, 2013
ijawkid:

Why would you want to slap him in the first place??......you must be high on your juju shekpe to just slap someone impulsively....

Just pray to your gods say the pastor no be Oyedepo.......grin
My brethren, do not forget this before you go slapping someone. Jesus Himself told the devil itself, ''thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God'' Well, if you do, before you remember if Jesus meant for you to take it literarilly or not, He go do don blind your eye. Goodluck with that!
Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by Revolva(m): 1:32pm On Apr 21, 2013
omo me i go rush am....gbosa even give am smack down.....an eye for an eye
Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by dust144(m): 1:49pm On Apr 21, 2013
No, I will run away because I won't revenage. My dear run
Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by Artlove(m): 1:49pm On Apr 21, 2013
Is not by physically, is by spiritually. if someone slap u twice in physical, just leave it and go to pray in spiritual. God answer ur prayer, u will see what happen to d person in shame.
Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by okemmadu(m): 2:06pm On Apr 21, 2013
There are Christians in the Nigerian Army. Better we test this Bible passage on one of them. Give one of them a hot slap and see if he will turn the other cheek for you to slap.

In another context, if someone is fighting u in ignorance, ur response should be different. to help him see the truth.

I don't believe God is against self defense. That's why u see boko haram bombing churches and they keep silent. It is ur responsibility to be wise and stay away from harm.

1 Like

Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by Mintayo(m): 2:08pm On Apr 21, 2013
Deep Sight: Jesus' teaching in this regard is very misguided and wrong indeed. It is in fact a very dangerous pacifist ideology which would lead the world into anarchy and impunity if adhered to. If people believe that when they hurt other people, the victims would "turn the other cheek" then such people would lose any sense of consequences/ retaliation and continue to act with impunity. There would be no sense of deterrence.

If someone slaps you, the correct thing to do is to slap him right back with overwhelming force and ten times over for that matter. That way, he would immediately learn his lesson and would not attempt such again. In fact, in so doing, you would have made him a better person through discipline and learning the consequences of his actions. You would have taught him that every action begets a reaction and made him wise to the laws of Karma and Nemesis. You have in fact done him a favour

Spare the rod and spoil the child, is another way of saying it: from same scripture, no?

I was watching the series "Merlin" and I saw an episode in which there was a band of robbers who attacked a village every year and seized their ENTIRE harvest, killing anyone who dared to keep back even a morsel to eat and survive. When Arthur arrived on the scene he taught the villagers to FIGHT BACK and protect their harvest, killing the robbers if necessary. This is the CORRECT teaching, and falls in sync with the laws of nature: i.e - survival of the fittest. Maybe Saint Jesus would have taught otherwise? Arrant nonsense.

Weakness is a sin.

this is not weakness. What will you gain by retaliating? What joy would you derive?
What Jesus was saying there is simply ''forgiveness''.
Not slapping back or retaliating is not weakness,it is maturity-talking from experience.
Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by Mintayo(m): 2:12pm On Apr 21, 2013
Mark 12:30-31.
30- And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart,all your soul,all your mind, and all your strength.
31- the second is equally important: ' Love your neihgbour as yourself'. No other commandment is greater than these.(i.e all other commandments are embedded in this).

'FORGIVENESS'
IF only we all have this 'quality',the world will be a better place!
God help us all!

2 Likes

Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by Btruth: 2:14pm On Apr 21, 2013
ijawkid:

Why would you want to slap him in the first place??......you must be high on your juju shekpe to just slap someone impulsively....

Just pray to your gods say the pastor no be Oyedepo.......grin

Why will anyone want to slap Bishop Oyedepo? or anyone been a Xtian? Well, it all depends. Truly, xtianity does not preach violent, but that doesn't make any xtian a dummy too. Let the slappers be aware too.
Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by dohiswill: 2:19pm On Apr 21, 2013
Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 21, 2013
hell no.
my head is too hot for that crap.

God wanted us to be loving but
not to be mugus. lol. Hit me and if I can take you
then you'd have a problem!!

turn the other cheek..mschew.

1 Like

Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by everyday: 2:27pm On Apr 21, 2013
If person slap me na gun i go us shoot am
Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by Nobody: 2:33pm On Apr 21, 2013
I've never given anyone (apart from parent) reason to slap me.......never been slapped y non-parent.

Don't know what I'd do if someone tries it o. I'd prolly be shocked to do anything undecided

The second time ehn. . . .hmm hmm hmm grin

1 Like

Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 21, 2013
mikeyhernadez: I have bad reflex oo. . . . I go just rush the person with blow
lol
Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by Vincent41(m): 2:39pm On Apr 21, 2013
Vilicious: Am not asking for fun but to know. The bible teaches that If someone slaps you in one side of your cheek, you should turn the other side. After a sermon in my campus fellowship, a guy wanted to tempt me. As I was standing in front of my fellowship members, a guy just ran close to me, slapped me and stated running away. I ran after him, (I was bigger and faster) caught him and pounced on him in front of my fellowship members, some fellowship members were not happy with my action, they said I was not in the spirit. I know I should have let it go, as a christian. So here is my question; if someone hit you do you turn the other side and walk away or are you a little bit like me (am trying to change o) please share your experience too

if a woman i ve been chasing for yrs does dat,i will gladly turn for another Romatic slap
Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by Nobody: 2:40pm On Apr 21, 2013
tebill: if to say you near me ...i for don tear you back hand slap...
lol
Re: If Someone Slaps You Would You Turn The Other Cheek. by Nobody: 2:44pm On Apr 21, 2013
Mintayo:

this is not weakness. What will you gain by retaliating? What joy would you derive?
What Jesus was saying there is simply ''forgiveness''.
Not slapping back or retaliating is not weakness,it is maturity-talking from experience.
people like you are hard to find this days, keep it up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Rapture Will Happen Very Soon!!! / Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection / I Have Decided To Help The Christians Do Some Concret Research

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.