Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,325 members, 7,888,037 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:03 PM

Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing (23519 Views)

Ngige Denies Collapsing During Budget Defence / Aviation Sector Is Collapsing —FG Cries Out / Nigeria Economy Collapsing Gradually, 60 CSO's Tell Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by EzePromoe: 11:17am On Apr 25, 2013
Okija_juju:

I never knew before now that you're a PH boy like me. Meka o. Anybody who says Amaechi isn't working is a hater.
P.H is a fast growing city, growing to become like Lagos in population. It's not that easy to control the state entirely, Rivers state soil is very bad, that it can't drain water just like the soil in Imo, Anambra etc. Before a road is constructed in Rivers state, the old soil is removed and a new sharp sand is used to sand fill it.
Talking about Woji slaughter road, you'll agree with me that it is gonna be a very big task. The land is like very high on the road side and the settlement areas have a downward slope which is to say, dualizing it will require the sand filling of those slopes and demolishing the houses down the slope. So I can see why it's being delayed and also note that there are some other projects going on. The one I can see which is speedy is the new dual carriage way linking Airport road with the main Aba road, going through Igwuruta, Eneka, Atali, Elimgbu and Rumuokwurushi respectively.
I can see good works there but not to leave the bad.
Oyigbo roads are very bad and work need to be done there.
Meka o!

2 Likes

Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by Okijajuju1(m): 11:23am On Apr 25, 2013
geogino: #okija juju, no matter what it takes, there should not be any reason for not working on garrison-slaughter road. The monthly revenue generated from companies there alone in a month should go a long way. After ordinance junction,the pot holes or would I even refer to them as minor burrow pits there are so scary. Also,try passing through that road when rains,you would be shocked. Once,I sent a vehicle for servicing at stallion motors,it rained that day and when I managed to get there after some swimming things through the rain water, we discovered we had a major problem as the inside of the car had also been flooded.

LOL!!

Bros.. I also service my car at Stalion motors. I have a picture of that road in its worst and best state. Very pitiful.. Whenever it rains, I weep for Stallion. I dont know what the hold up on that road is all about sha!! Cos when once that road is done, that would mean that from Garrison to Slaughter, all the link roads around Nkpogu/Trans-amadi road would have been fully taken care of..
Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by Okijajuju1(m): 11:27am On Apr 25, 2013
Eze Promoe:
I never knew before now that you're a PH boy like me. Meka o. Anybody who says Amaechi isn't working is a hater.
P.H is a fast growing city, growing to become like Lagos in population. It's not that easy to control the state entirely, Rivers state soil is very bad, that it can't drain water just like the soil in Imo, Anambra etc. Before a road is constructed in Rivers state, the old soil is removed and a new sharp sand is used to sand fill it.
Talking about Woji slaughter road, you'll agree with me that it is gonna be a very big task. The land is like very high on the road side and the settlement areas have a downward slope which is to say, dualizing it will require the sand filling of those slopes and demolishing the houses down the slope. So I can see why it's being delayed and also note that there are some other projects going on. The one I can see which is speedy is the new dual carriage way linking Airport road with the main Aba road, going through Igwuruta, Eneka, Atali, Elimgbu and Rumuokwurushi respectively.
Meka o!

Nwenne, Ndah!

Atleast someone sees same thing I see. The amount of money it takes to construct roads in PH is very high.. I dont think I know much about Oyigbo, but Obigbo is in really dire need of attention. Even SUVs dey cry, talkless to sedans. I really pray that he starts something on Woji before he leaves office.. Even if its just his hurricane!!
Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by EzePromoe: 12:39pm On Apr 25, 2013
Okija_juju:

Nwenne, Ndah!

Atleast someone sees same thing I see. The amount of money it takes to construct roads in PH is very high.. I dont think I know much about Oyigbo, but Obigbo is in really dire need of attention. Even SUVs dey cry, talkless to sedans. I really pray that he starts something on Woji before he leaves office.. Even if its just his hurricane!!
Yea, the road connecting the main Aba road and the Old Aba road off Timber is in a very bad state, the other road connecting the same two roads off Mbano camp was abandoned after pouring red mud.
Location road was done half way and left. Oyigbo has suffered marginalisation for many years sad
Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by syneee: 12:54pm On Apr 25, 2013
Pls stop this rumour !!! There is nothing wrong with the bridge, some people just take delight in causing panic and Pandemonium

Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by texazzpete(m): 1:10pm On Apr 25, 2013
Eze Promoe:
Meka o!

Please stop making these silly excuses. It doesn't matter if it's a big task or if you need sharp sand. Rivers State has the resources to carry out these activities...to insist otherwise is not sensible.
Amaechi's 2nd term is a disappointment. We know what he did in his first term...I drive down the excellent Oginigba road daily. The state of Trans-Amadi is a massive embarrassment to any right-thinking person and as Okija Juju said, the neglect of the Woji-YKC axis that houses a massive percentage of Rivers workers (that pay billions monthly in taxes) is very strange.
More than 5 years into his administration and the traffic jams at YKC have not been reduced significantly. The relief road being built is still yet to be completed after how many years. Last year, it took divine intervention before Woji road was patched up a bit to allow it to be motorable. All this praise singing will not help move us forward o!
Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by sweetmay2006(f): 1:48pm On Apr 25, 2013
Am not sure
Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:56pm On Apr 25, 2013
Okija_juju:

[b][size=25pt]WHAT THE F`UCK?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

You must be Odilis relative...

What Achievements did Odili make in Rivers State?! Bulletine was one of his front companies, all the projects handled by Bulleting are collapsing. Count them, Air force fly-over, Slaughter bridge, The Elelenwo bridge, even Rumuola flyover was a sham. I can never forget Obasanjo calling Odili ole at the Trans-Amadi Gas turbine commissioning. Liberation Stadium was a fialed project. Civilization had over run the darn place, that Stadium had to be moved, so the new one is in no way a waste of funds at all..

Odili did not achieve nothing worthy of Note in Rivers State. Thank God for the quick intervention of Amaechi, Eliozu flyover would have been another colossal waste like the Rumuola and CFC one lane fly-overs.

Don’t let the wrath of the gods of Port-Harcourt descend on you o!!

Even Odili sef can’t open his mouth to say he achieved anything of not in Port-harcourt. Look at Woji road in GRA, Odili spent billions on that road yet flooding was an annual event there under him, Amaechi comes in voila!!!! Problem solved..

Look at Opkoro road.. How much did Odili spend on contracts for that road... Yet nothing was achieved. That road had the worst porthole in Rivers State.. Today!! Amaechi has fixed it and done a f`ucking good job as well..

OMG!! Look at the Npkogu - Stadium link road!!! What did Odili do there please?! ABSO-F`UCKING-LUTELY NOTHING!! Today!! That road is in tip-top condition and dualized as well..

Should we talk about the Oginigba road?! Or do we talk about the entire stretch of road from ODILIS COLLAPSED AIRFORCE BRIDGE to the boundary between Rivers State and Imo State at Elele Alimini?!

How about the Rumuokoro - Uniport Road!! Have you passed that interchange that he built on that road?!

O!! I'm sure you have also seen Mile one road?!

And you have passed Azikiwe road lately..

You talk about Odilis fake solar streetlights that worked for barely 6 months before parking up and couldn’t even illuminate the roads properly!!

Nwokem!! Don’t annoy me this evening !!

You dey threaten to dynamite wetin!! Na today yansh start to face back!! Try am na!! If JTF no use your dead body picture for their next year calender, then know say no be Amaechi dey power..
[/b]
You are a true ph first son!
Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by jpphilips(m): 2:14pm On Apr 25, 2013
jodeci:

Make we hear word jor!! I wonder the last time you passed through okporo road,who said okporo road to rumuodar junction is not motorable?

have u traveled the eliozu-airport owerri road to Omerelu? is that stretch of road also Short? If Odili had done half of what Amaechi is doing,Portharcourt roads would have been alot better than it is presently.

You call Okporo road a road? well, you guys are water side products you have no idea what a real road should be, okporo road of all places?
Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by jpphilips(m): 2:21pm On Apr 25, 2013
joshua idibia: u b fool. Although d tin na true,nd e dey pain me. But plz tel me,whch western,southern nd eastern state wey no dy do am?

you cant even speak English and you are quoting me, sorry, i forgot that there are no good Govt schools in PH anymore, all they have are flashy private schools where jobless school leavers are converted to professors, not your fault though.
Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by jpphilips(m): 2:52pm On Apr 25, 2013
[quote author=Okija_juju]

[b]Make I first throway salute for a fellow PH boy!!

O.K!! Woji Road.. To say woji road needs to be dualized is an under statement. The amount of traffic that Woji Road carries requires road that is similar to what we have on Stadium road. However, dualizing that road would mean a shiitload of money would be paid in compensation to residents of that area. I'm sure that Rivers State can afford that, but I will not claim to know the reason for which that Woji road has not been fixed. I only spoke about a street contract given by NDDC that was truncated by Woji Youths because the contractor wouldn’t pay them before he started work. Sadly, this story has been the case all over Ikwerre communities in Rivers State.

Speaking of Road and their lenghts, I have to agree that Opkoro road isn’t done yet, but at least its passable now.. That was never the case under Odili. Also remember that in most of the road construction Amaechi has to deal with in Rivers State, Aside from paying for the road work, he still has to pay a great amount in compensation for the expansion of those roads. A classic example is the Garrison - Slaughter road. A lot of houses have been marked for demolition and some also require a huge amount in compensation so that has halted that job. When you measure the Lenght of Stadium road, remember that contract covers the length of Npkogu - Rumuomasi (Through Elekahia), Elekahia - Aba Road (That’s Stadium Road), And the link road from Stadium road - Rumuola. And they are all dualized, complete with drainages, not open drainages but covered drainages with sidewalk as well. In fact, I put it to you that not a single road constructed by Amaechi lacks drainages, and most of those drainages are either underground drainages or covered drains. The lenght of Rumuokwuta road - Uniport Nko?!

So I agree with you that his first Tenure was a blast of fresh air, no contesting that, but I wouldn’t call his second tenure all that bad.. Honestly, work is still going on in Port-Harcourt. O!! Lest I forget, From Airforce - Elele (boundary of Rivers State/Owerri) is definitely more than 30km. And that’s 30km of darn good quality road. I can never forget the packing job done on that road. Same thing for Woji Road in GRA, that road was lifted over 8 ft from its previous height and the drainages are 8ft inside the ground. That road was premium quality as well.

We can complain about Oginigba Road. Not Today, Not tomorrow either. Lets also not forget Old Aba Road o!! I have not been to Rumuodara in a very long time so I wouldn’t even speak about it. But if my memory serves me right, doesn’t the RCC contract that spans from Port-Harcourt - Akwa-Ibom also cover that road?! I don’t know sha so I'll leave it. The Nkpogu - Abuloma - LNG Roundabout road has been opened as well.. Now dualized and they are working on the bridge as we speak. D-line Nko?! Diobu sef has been touched (Somewhat sha, although I think Iloabuchi is still a hot mess).

You talked about Forces Avenue not being motorable?! Please be specific about the Area of Forces Avenue, cos Last time I drove on that road, with the exception of the areas approaching Mile-one Fly-over and maybe that one bad spot approaching Azikiwe road (Not the Leventis side o!), Forces Avenue has always had good roads. Infact Nzimiro, Amadi-flats and co jus had their roads resurfaced recently.

Anyways, lets give thanks for what Amaechi has done.. Rivers State saw changes. At least we are here calling out roads that have been fixed and transformed from the one lane narrow passages they used to be into Dual carriage Highways. Ada George road, Agip Junction - Mile 3 - Mile one - Building materials - Olu-Obasanjo - ..... My Guy!! He has really tried. All this and he still has to handle other Projects outside of roads, pay salaries, e.t.c.

I am no doubt surprised about Woji Road. My shock with Woji ROad is especially high because there is no questioning the fact that Woji and Elekahia houses at least 35% of 'Port-harcourt' workers. This one, I will say YES!! Amaechi no try for Woji Residents. In fact, Woji - YKC - Inside of Woji housing estate, Elelenwo roads - slaughter.. All these Areas needs serious intervention..

But let nobody dare compare Amaechi to Odili. I have lived in Port-Harcourt all my life and can offically say Odili was the worst thing to happen to Rivers State. Not even the Military Administrators (Ewang & co) were as bad as Odili.

@ Topic: #Fact: That bridge is shifting and shifting fast, all you have to do is enter into the Zoo or the Car lark and look under the bridge to see the issues there.. That Bridge would eventually be demolished and rebuilt. 1; its a poorly built bridge, 2; its a badly designed bridge (How can you build road that is as wide as a 3-lane dual carriage way and then build a one-lane bridge to service that road.. Thats already chaos).

And JP Phillips: Port-harcourt is a small city. Nothing like Lagos (a former Capital of Nigeria).. But we have come a long way from where we used to be at. Don’t expect Port-Harcourt to blow-up, especially not with the way the country is presently being run. Go to Onne Ports and see what comes into Port-Harcourt and compare it to Lagos. Also, Community influence in Port-harcourt has contributed to stifling the growth of the City. The Ikwerre man would always be who he is.. Sell lands indiscriminately with no regard for access roads or drainages. Then they (Ikwerres) would still constitute a nuisance to businesses and companies through Obio Apkor, Phalga, one Local Government taskforce or the other and so on. Our terrain is unique. Port-harcourt is not an easy town to govern, do business in or even live in.

God Bless Rivers State. Land of Milk and Honey.. grin [/b]

small city in a small state with internal generated revenue of over 6 billion monthly and federal allocation of of 212billion annually and you still wish to cut amaechi some slack?
Small city that cannot boast of one functioning traffic light? where 70% of the city is in darkness due to lack of street lights?

what exactly defines a city that can be found in portharcort? Porthacourt residents born from this last decade has never seen a state provided pipe borne water, im sure that okija may have enjoyed in the 80's if he resided at aggrey or borokiri area, so what are we saying?

portharcourt is a village, a city that cannot boast of a mass transportation system for its teaming populace?? even residential areas are not even planned and please don't tell me about greater portharcourt where Amaechi and his cohorts are stealing people's land, so what are we saying?

a city without interconnecting roads?? the locals sell their plot of lands and sell the roads too, that is why you tend to see so many close, in ph, why? because the last plot on the road in the street was sold, can you beat that?

once you are stuck in traffic, on a major road you are are doomed, is it what someone is calling a city?

ph is a mess.

Okija, pls i didn't compare lagos state with ph, i compared Ikeja and lagos Island with PH.

ph is a small city and by all means should be palatable but what do we have? sycophants praising lunatics that has defaced the beauty of the garden city. indeed there was a city!

Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by jpphilips(m): 2:57pm On Apr 25, 2013
Okija_juju:

Absofuckinglutely Nothing!!

They cant even put up simple street signs.. Nothing. Not waste disposal, not nothing! All they do is send taskforces to harrass business owners for stickers and levys and all worth not, collect building permit fees, disturb company cars and other things like that.. Outside of this, they are doing NOTHING!
[/b]

they just bought police patrol vehicles after so many years of ranking the second richest LGA in Nigeria behind Etiosa in lagos state.
Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by ibiso1986: 3:04pm On Apr 25, 2013
Okija_juju:

[b]Make I first throway salute for a fellow PH boy!!

O.K!! Woji Road.. To say woji road needs to be dualized is an under statement. The amount of traffic that Woji Road carries requires road that is similar to what we have on Stadium road. However, dualizing that road would mean a shiitload of money would be paid in compensation to residents of that area. I'm sure that Rivers State can afford that, but I will not claim to know the reason for which that Woji road has not been fixed. I only spoke about a street contract given by NDDC that was truncated by Woji Youths because the contractor wouldn’t pay them before he started work. Sadly, this story has been the case all over Ikwerre communities in Rivers State.

Speaking of Road and their lenghts, I have to agree that Opkoro road isn’t done yet, but at least its passable now.. That was never the case under Odili. Also remember that in most of the road construction Amaechi has to deal with in Rivers State, Aside from paying for the road work, he still has to pay a great amount in compensation for the expansion of those roads. A classic example is the Garrison - Slaughter road. A lot of houses have been marked for demolition and some also require a huge amount in compensation so that has halted that job. When you measure the Lenght of Stadium road, remember that contract covers the length of Npkogu - Rumuomasi (Through Elekahia), Elekahia - Aba Road (That’s Stadium Road), And the link road from Stadium road - Rumuola. And they are all dualized, complete with drainages, not open drainages but covered drainages with sidewalk as well. In fact, I put it to you that not a single road constructed by Amaechi lacks drainages, and most of those drainages are either underground drainages or covered drains. The lenght of Rumuokwuta road - Uniport Nko?!

So I agree with you that his first Tenure was a blast of fresh air, no contesting that, but I wouldn’t call his second tenure all that bad.. Honestly, work is still going on in Port-Harcourt. O!! Lest I forget, From Airforce - Elele (boundary of Rivers State/Owerri) is definitely more than 30km. And that’s 30km of darn good quality road. I can never forget the packing job done on that road. Same thing for Woji Road in GRA, that road was lifted over 8 ft from its previous height and the drainages are 8ft inside the ground. That road was premium quality as well.

We can complain about Oginigba Road. Not Today, Not tomorrow either. Lets also not forget Old Aba Road o!! I have not been to Rumuodara in a very long time so I wouldn’t even speak about it. But if my memory serves me right, doesn’t the RCC contract that spans from Port-Harcourt - Akwa-Ibom also cover that road?! I don’t know sha so I'll leave it. The Nkpogu - Abuloma - LNG Roundabout road has been opened as well.. Now dualized and they are working on the bridge as we speak. D-line Nko?! Diobu sef has been touched (Somewhat sha, although I think Iloabuchi is still a hot mess).

You talked about Forces Avenue not being motorable?! Please be specific about the Area of Forces Avenue, cos Last time I drove on that road, with the exception of the areas approaching Mile-one Fly-over and maybe that one bad spot approaching Azikiwe road (Not the Leventis side o!), Forces Avenue has always had good roads. Infact Nzimiro, Amadi-flats and co jus had their roads resurfaced recently.

Anyways, lets give thanks for what Amaechi has done.. Rivers State saw changes. At least we are here calling out roads that have been fixed and transformed from the one lane narrow passages they used to be into Dual carriage Highways. Ada George road, Agip Junction - Mile 3 - Mile one - Building materials - Olu-Obasanjo - ..... My Guy!! He has really tried. All this and he still has to handle other Projects outside of roads, pay salaries, e.t.c.

I am no doubt surprised about Woji Road. My shock with Woji ROad is especially high because there is no questioning the fact that Woji and Elekahia houses at least 35% of 'Port-harcourt' workers. This one, I will say YES!! Amaechi no try for Woji Residents. In fact, Woji - YKC - Inside of Woji housing estate, Elelenwo roads - slaughter.. All these Areas needs serious intervention..

But let nobody dare compare Amaechi to Odili. I have lived in Port-Harcourt all my life and can offically say Odili was the worst thing to happen to Rivers State. Not even the Military Administrators (Ewang & co) were as bad as Odili.

@ Topic: #Fact: That bridge is shifting and shifting fast, all you have to do is enter into the Zoo or the Car lark and look under the bridge to see the issues there.. That Bridge would eventually be demolished and rebuilt. 1; its a poorly built bridge, 2; its a badly designed bridge (How can you build road that is as wide as a 3-lane dual carriage way and then build a one-lane bridge to service that road.. Thats already chaos).

And JP Phillips: Port-harcourt is a small city. Nothing like Lagos (a former Capital of Nigeria).. But we have come a long way from where we used to be at. Don’t expect Port-Harcourt to blow-up, especially not with the way the country is presently being run. Go to Onne Ports and see what comes into Port-Harcourt and compare it to Lagos. Also, Community influence in Port-harcourt has contributed to stifling the growth of the City. The Ikwerre man would always be who he is.. Sell lands indiscriminately with no regard for access roads or drainages. Then they (Ikwerres) would still constitute a nuisance to businesses and companies through Obio Apkor, Phalga, one Local Government taskforce or the other and so on. Our terrain is unique. Port-harcourt is not an easy town to govern, do business in or even live in.

God Bless Rivers State. Land of Milk and Honey.. grin [/b]
true fact my man.. You've made my day.. But I'm kind of bothered the way he abandoned old township area.. The roads are so bad.. I have a feeling that he's concentrating on only ikwerri land.. What about the part of ph dominated by ijaws(town,borokiri,victoria street, amadi ama etc)
Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by jpphilips(m): 3:09pm On Apr 25, 2013
Eze Promoe:
Meka o!

After "Mekaying" then you go and take a course in basic geology, Rivers soil is terrible yet Akwaibom has good roads miracle?? what is the difference between Rivers and Akwaibom soil samples??

those are lies that thief thief Govt tell their wards, even with the Good soil of Aba in Abia state, Did it guarantee that thiefodore orji constructed a single road?

my only anger here is that an average servicing company in PH pays as much as 11million naira annually on state taxes yet people praise amaechi for Okporo road?

guys i am not stup!d, and Amaechi cannot take me for one. the man has made a mess of his second comming, he doesn't deserve another shot in politics
Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by phantom(m): 3:24pm On Apr 25, 2013
jp philips:

After "Mekaying" then you go and take a course in basic geology, Rivers soil is terrible yet Akwaibom has good roads miracle?? what is the difference between Rivers and Akwaibom soil samples??

those are lies that thief thief Govt tell their wards, even with the Good soil of Aba in Abia state, Did it guarantee that thiefodore orji constructed a single road?

my only anger here is that an average servicing company in PH pays as much as 11million naira annually on state taxes yet people praise amaechi for Okporo road?

guys i am not stup!d, and Amaechi cannot take me for one. the man has made a mess of his second comming, he doesn't deserve another shot in politics
you seem to bitter about 'something' .
Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by jpphilips(m): 3:31pm On Apr 25, 2013
texazzpete:

Please stop making these silly excuses. It doesn't matter if it's a big task or if you need sharp sand. Rivers State has the resources to carry out these activities...to insist otherwise is not sensible.
Amaechi's 2nd term is a disappointment. We know what he did in his first term...I drive down the excellent Oginigba road daily. The state of Trans-Amadi is a massive embarrassment to any right-thinking person and as Okija Juju said, the neglect of the Woji-YKC axis that houses a massive percentage of Rivers workers (that pay billions monthly in taxes) is very strange.
More than 5 years into his administration and the traffic jams at YKC have not been reduced significantly. The relief road being built is still yet to be completed after how many years. Last year, it took divine intervention before Woji road was patched up a bit to allow it to be motorable. All this praise singing will not help move us forward o!

Please don't talk too much, most Nigerians are Daft by default!!
Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by Okijajuju1(m): 3:35pm On Apr 25, 2013
jp philips: small city in a small state with internal generated revenue of over 6 billion monthly and federal allocation of of 212billion annually and you still wish to cut amaechi some slack?
Small city that cannot boast of one functioning traffic light? where 70% of the city is in darkness due to lack of street lights?

what exactly defines a city that can be found in portharcort? Porthacourt residents born from this last decade has never seen a state provided pipe borne water, im sure that okija may have enjoyed in the 80's if he resided at aggrey or borokiri area, so what are we saying?

portharcourt is a village, a city that cannot boast of a mass transportation system for its teaming populace?? even residential areas are not even planned and please don't tell me about greater portharcourt where Amaechi and his cohorts are stealing people's land, so what are we saying?

a city without interconnecting roads?? the locals sell their plot of lands and sell the roads too, that is why you tend to see so many close, in ph, why? because the last plot on the road in the street was sold, can you beat that?

once you are stuck in traffic, on a major road you are are doomed, is it what someone is calling a city?

ph is a mess.

Okija, pls i didn't compare lagos state with ph, i compared Ikeja and lagos Island with PH.

ph is a small city and by all means should be palatable but what do we have? sycophants praising lunatics that has defaced the beauty of the garden city. indeed there was a city!

[b]Lagos State Government only has to deal with that small already developed state. Thats why Fashola spends more time Painting roads and planting flowers than building new roads.

Rivers State is so darn big, we even have communities that are only accessible by boat. And everybody has to catered to, not just Port Harcourt. To say that there are no streetlights in Port-Harcourt would be a big fat lie. Odili Road, Oginigba, Aba Road, Azikiwe road, Mile one, Agip, Abacha road, e.t.c all have street lights and they are functioning. The Standard road contract in Rivers State consists of Road, with covered or underground drainages and streetlights. That’s how the contracts are given. So I dare you to mention one road done by Amaechi that does not have streetlights.. Even the Elele - Omerelu road has functioning streetlights.

Pipe-borne water.. I have to say again, no be today country spoil. To accuse Amaechi of not providing Rivers State with Pipe-borne water would look as if it had always been there prior to him, which is not the case. I am not interested in pipe-borne water, virtually every Home in Port-Harcourt has a bore-hole or access to water in one way or the other. If anything, pipe-borne water has never been priority on any governments list. I'm not excusing the lack of it o!! I'm just saying, our problems are bigger than government water.

Schools: How dare you talk about public schools in Rivers State. Its either you are a natural Amaechi hater or you have not been into port-Harcourt since his tenure began. The issue of Rivers State schools were all sorted out and dealt with in his first tenure. Let’s not even go there. The only problem he hasn’t tackled with regards to public schools is the Teacher re-evaluation which has been truncated somehow by the union.

Transport System: Na wah o!! Abeg which other State has a mass transit system that is better than Rivers State?! Is it the Lagos BRT bus system?! How does that really differ from the big Amaechi buses that we have today. If anything, Amaechi has taken a giant leap forward in transportation with the Rivers State Monorail project which should be completed and function by middle - close of 2014. If its that we don’t have a dedicated bus lane, then I will ask you whether its the roads that we had under Odili which could barely take two cars that you now want to create a bus lane?! At least go and look at Mile one road. New roads in certain areas all come with dedicated bus lanes. The old roads cannot accommodate a dedicated bus route.

Residential Areas: This one breaks my heart. GRA Phase 1 and 2 look like Diobu. Businesses, churches, shops, salons, eateries, e.t.c. HOWEVER!! This problem did not start with Amaechi. Infact, it didnt even start with Odili (but got worse under him). With the exception of Old GRA (Nzimiro, Amadi-flats & Forces Avenue), I dont think we have any residential estate of note in Port-Harcourt. Trans-Amadi garden was only salvaged because of the calibre of people that bought properties in it. Certain Areas on Odili road hold a lot of promise as well.. But in Amaechis defence, thats why we have the Greater Port-Harcourt Project. When its ready for sale, it promises to be better than Elekahia Housing estate and GRA Phase 2.

Interconnecting Roads: Its obvious that you are ignorant of the constraints that Port-harcourt faces. Now let me school you on what really makes PORT-HARCOURT. Everything you see from Azikiwe Junction - Obigbo is not really port-harcourt but Ikwerre communities that have been swallowed up by the population expansion of Port-harcourt. The Original areas of Port-harcourt where the lands belonged to the State Government and not communities all have interconnecting Roads. D-line, Diobu and Port-Harcourt Town (Borokiri). The rest is actually Obio-Apkor and these lands are owned by communities who sell them indiscriminately with no regards for urban planning. We cant blame Amaechi for that now can we. Its this reason that has prompted him to have to destroy buildings in other to build roads. Hence the Nickname HURRICANE AMAECHI!

Port-Harcourt is a mess and has always been a mess, but we are beginning to clean our act up. You cant blame the woes of Port-Harcourt on Amaechi, if anything he has done more than even the critically acclaimed Governor Rufus Ada George.

To say Amaechi has defaced the beauty of Port-Harcourt is nothing short of laughable at best.

I know where we were before Amaechi and I know what we have seen since Amaechi, and I am loving what Amaechi has brought us so far which is CHANGE YOU CAN SEE..

On the Obio Apkor matter, they are fucktards.. Its because of Obio Apkor that I don’t want Local Governments to be independent. [/b]

1 Like

Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by jpphilips(m): 3:35pm On Apr 25, 2013
phantom: you seem to bitter about 'something' .

yea yea yea!!!!! i am bitter about the 8hrs i spent on queue under the sun voting Amaechi, i am most bitter when i write quarterly cheque to the state revenue service, how can you help?
Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by ujoinme: 3:45pm On Apr 25, 2013
syneee: Pls stop this rumour !!! There is nothing wrong with the bridge, some people just take delight in causing panic and Pandemonium
PLS show us the picture of the sixth pillar that was show in the first pic to be falling. and not your propaganda pic of the fourth and fifth pillar. stop the hypocrisy!
Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by Okijajuju1(m): 3:46pm On Apr 25, 2013
ujoinme:
PLS show us the picture of the sixth pillar that was show in the first pic to be falling. and not your propaganda pic of the fourth and fifth pillar. stop the hypocrisy!

No mind the guy!! Ehn wan decieve us..
Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by Demdem2: 5:08pm On Apr 25, 2013
Okija, I beg u in the name of whatever u believe in, don't talk about that monorail. Everytine I see it, I cry. Imagine the ffucking billions that has gone into it and yet the whole thing is not longer than from ketu to Maryland in lagos.
Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by Okijajuju1(m): 5:16pm On Apr 25, 2013
Demdem2: Okija, I beg u in the name of whatever u believe in, don't talk about that monorail. Everytine I see it, I cry. Imagine the ffucking billions that has gone into it and yet the whole thing is not longer than from ketu to Maryland in lagos.

I dey feel you!!

But lets be real, Monorail no be beans. THe cost involved to achieve a long one would be insanity. A large part of the money went on compensation alone (which was a scam because I know one of the government valuers wey hammer ontop that deal). The plan is to go from Obigbo to Borokiri by Monorail.. But that thing go tey well well!! The cost of compensation alone might never allow that thing come through. My only issue is that he should have used like from Shell - Airforce for the pilot programme so that people will get to see how impportant and easy it is and will clamour for it to be extended. I understand you absolutely, but this is what we are faced with, Compensation woes. The past governments didnt make room for future developments.
Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by Okijajuju1(m): 5:21pm On Apr 25, 2013
ibiso1986: true fact my man.. You've made my day.. But I'm kind of bothered the way he abandoned old township area.. The roads are so bad.. I have a feeling that he's concentrating on only ikwerri land.. What about the part of ph dominated by ijaws(town,borokiri,victoria street, amadi ama etc)

Ethinicity and tribalism!!

I learnt the Riverine communities have been fighting him for so long. We all remember the fiasco involving the First lady when she visited Okrika. Look at what it took him before he could demolish Abonnema water front. YES!! he has focus so darn much on the Ikwerres because he is one of them and its easier to deal with them than it is to deal with the Ijaws and co. If only we all would learn to keep tribal sentiments aside, things go better. Even Tele Ikuru sef no dey try at all...

1 Like

Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by jpphilips(m): 5:27pm On Apr 25, 2013
author=Okija_juju]

[b]Lagos State Government only has to deal with that small already developed state. Thats why Fashola spends more time Painting roads and planting flowers than building new roads.

Tell that to Amaechi who thinks that after taxing me millions cannot tar the street to my office, Fashola created a new city, i was in the island last week, somewhere around ikoyi or so and i saw with my eyes, a hanging bridge waiting to be commissioned, is that another paint and flower work in your books?? you need to clean your eyes.

Rivers State is so darn big, we even have communities that are only accessible by boat. And everybody has to catered to, not just Port Harcourt. To say that there are no streetlights in Port-Harcourt would be a big fat lie. Odili Road, Oginigba, Aba Road, Azikiwe road, Mile one, Agip, Abacha road, e.t.c all have street lights and they are functioning. The Standard road contract in Rivers State consists of Road, with covered or underground drainages and streetlights. That’s how the contracts are given. So I dare you to mention one road done by Amaechi that does not have streetlights.. Even the Elele - Omerelu road has functioning streetlights.

I will forgive you for this paragraph since you confessed you are a ph boy as such i can assume you know nothing about the other communities and slums in river state. which river rine community in rivers state is developed? bile, soku, okrika, abonnema that even has road access has only two tiny stretch of bad roads, where exactly? bonny? opobo? tell me any major state Govt influence in these areas, belema? ekulama? where exactly? be specific, don't just say river rine community, mention what Amaechi did there and when?

About street lights, i mentioned 70% of Ph being in darkness the few roads you mentioned that has street lights are all less than 2yrs old (except Aba road and aggrey road), please correct me if i am wrong, also none of them is upto 15km long, now, do you know the difference between having a street light and functioning street light?

the roads you mentioned have street lights but most of them don't work in the Night, drive around by 2am take pictures with date and time stamp and post here to validate your claim.

I also said that the whole of rivers state, not only portharcourt has no functioning traffic light, i want you to tell us where and if they are working and please don't mention front of Govt house cos those ones have been showing green since the day they were installed, we are still waiting for them to turn red after 2 and half years.

Pipe-borne water.. I have to say again, no be today country spoil. To accuse Amaechi of not providing Rivers State with Pipe-borne water would look as if it had always been there prior to him, which is not the case. I am not interested in pipe-borne water, virtually every Home in Port-Harcourt has a bore-hole or access to water in one way or the other. If anything, pipe-borne water has never been priority on any governments list. I'm not excusing the lack of it o!! I'm just saying, our problems are bigger than government water.

Country spoil, country spoil, no be person go fix am? what were Amaechi's campaign promises? no be to fix country wey spoil??
so you voted for someone to fix "country wey spoil" and in the end he does nothing and you go home and console yourself that "no be today country spoil", you wait for the next election to vote another bingo, is that how you think?

you have borehole probably because you have 150k to sink one and all house owners ensure they sink one because your likes have money to rent them abi??
imagine your reasoning, do you know how many people that knock the gates of good Samaritans to fetch drinking water when you are in your ac tight ride jetting off to work?

go to Bile water side or Abonnema General hospital and count the number of cholera patients there and come back with this your ego strap mouth smelling horse sh!t saliva drawing dirty teeth of yours.

Rivers state in 2011 was on WHO and Red cross list of areas with cholera epidemic and you think the Govt should sleep? perhaps because you can afford bottled water abi?

In places like Enugu of the old, every morning before the Govt supplied state water flows, chlorine is first added then the other treatment processes, that is why you don't see Enugu on those kinda s!lly cholera list, are their Govt stup!d??
does ENSWC and ANSWC of the old ring a bell??

I don't blame you PH first souls cos you guys have not had the privilege to live in a real city.

just to enlighten you a little, Govt water is cheaper cos you don't fuel Generators to draw it to your tanks, the monthly rate is affordable because it is paid for collectively, lastly, That place they call tank at rumukurushi is a separation tower for water treatment, perhaps it existed in PH in the past but not anymore, Govt water is filtered and treated before distribution, who treats all the so called bore holes in various home?? God??

A sane Govt with cholera epidemic has no business spending millions buying vehicles and private jets for political charlatans rather, that fund should be used to provide treated water for its citizens as a matter of urgency, i have long given up on Amaechi.

Schools: How dare you talk about public schools in Rivers State. Its either you are a natural Amaechi hater or you have not been into port-Harcourt since his tenure began. The issue of Rivers State schools were all sorted out and dealt with in his first tenure. Let’s not even go there. The only problem he hasn’t tackled with regards to public schools is the Teacher re-evaluation which has been truncated somehow by the union.

First tenure achievement commendable and indisputable, what is on the ground today;
News flash; the unscrupulous accountant of rivers state is deducting 40% of teacher's salaries, the good ones have long left to open private schools while the left overs are living up to their names, Amidst the pretty schools his first tenure brought forth, there are no teachers to teach, is that life?

now the resultant effect is that an average quack private school in Ph charge as much as 100k a term, 6yrs on, the child cannot differentiate between an Apple and an Orange. i ask again is this life
Did you see last year's UME and WAEC results of rivers state huh!!! 37% pass is nothing to give Amaechi glory for.

Transport System: Na wah o!! Abeg which other State has a mass transit system that is better than Rivers State?! Is it the Lagos BRT bus system?! How does that really differ from the big Amaechi buses that we have today. If anything, Amaechi has taken a giant leap forward in transportation with the Rivers State Monorail project which should be completed and function by middle - close of 2014. If its that we don’t have a dedicated bus lane, then I will ask you whether its the roads that we had under Odili which could barely take two cars that you now want to create a bus lane?! At least go and look at Mile one road. New roads in certain areas all come with dedicated bus lanes. The old roads cannot accommodate a dedicated bus route.

I will continue to forgive you because you are so myopic, as a reminder, i saw city trains in Lagos that is an example of a mass transit i know you have not seen such in your life time, after 30yrs of existing in a squalor defaced pluto called PH.

Fashola created a BRT scheme, first he made a separate lane for it as an alternative to the traffic congestion on the Normal lane, your copy cat Gov came home and built bus stops (which narrowed the roads further) and bought buses who have to share the same lane with other road users, in the end, he succeeded in creating traffic chaos which forced commuters to Abandon those buses and use their vehicles, i ask you again, when was the last time you saw an Amaechi bus?

they are very few now as we speak, so try and put things in the right perspective

Residential Areas: This one breaks my heart. GRA Phase 1 and 2 look like Diobu. Businesses, churches, shops, salons, eateries, e.t.c. HOWEVER!! This problem did not start with Amaechi. Infact, it didnt even start with Odili (but got worse under him). With the exception of Old GRA (Nzimiro, Amadi-flats & Forces Avenue), I dont think we have any residential estate of note in Port-Harcourt. Trans-Amadi garden was only salvaged because of the calibre of people that bought properties in it. Certain Areas on Odili road hold a lot of promise as well.. But in Amaechis defence, thats why we have the Greater Port-Harcourt Project. When its ready for sale, it promises to be better than Elekahia Housing estate and GRA Phase 2.

it didn't start with Amaechi then what? we live with it forever? what a lame excuse, did you rem. when el rufai was the FCT minister? what did he do to Hotels and clubs in residential areas? You don't know what competence means in administration, though you cant be blamed, you are a PH boy.

Interconnecting Roads: Its obvious that you are ignorant of the constraints that Port-harcourt faces. Now let me school you on what really makes PORT-HARCOURT. Everything you see from Azikiwe Junction - Obigbo is not really port-harcourt but Ikwerre communities that have been swallowed up by the population expansion of Port-harcourt. The Original areas of Port-harcourt where the lands belonged to the State Government and not communities all have interconnecting Roads. D-line, Diobu and Port-Harcourt Town (Borokiri). The rest is actually Obio-Apkor and these lands are owned by communities who sell them indiscriminately with no regards for urban planning. We cant blame Amaechi for that now can we. Its this reason that has prompted him to have to destroy buildings in other to build roads. Hence the Nickname HURRICANE AMAECHI!

Port-Harcourt is a mess and has always been a mess, but we are beginning to clean our act up. You cant blame the woes of Port-Harcourt on Amaechi, if anything he has done more than even the critically acclaimed Governor Rufus Ada George.

To say Amaechi has defaced the beauty of Port-Harcourt is nothing short of laughable at best.

I know where we were before Amaechi and I know what we have seen since Amaechi, and I am loving what Amaechi has brought us so far which is CHANGE YOU CAN SEE..

Locals aka Communities now dictate the pace of a Govt? i dey laugh, now you see why i say PH is a village, where wowowo touts have a say, an average lagosian will not understand it when you say that Agbero stopped fashola from expanding a road, lol my guy, wake up, u dey bush ooooo

On the Obio Apkor matter, they are fucktards.. Its because of Obio Apkor that I don’t want Local Governments to be independent. [/b
Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by An0nimus: 5:32pm On Apr 25, 2013
So my question still is: is the pic true or false?
Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by phantom(m): 5:47pm On Apr 25, 2013
S
jp philips:

yea yea yea!!!!! i am bitter about the 8hrs i spent on queue under the sun voting Amaechi, i am most bitter when i write quarterly cheque to the state revenue service, how can you help?
youre not different from me.i am a full blooded ph boy.i was born here.dont know bout you but there are aspects of your criticisms that are not true.truth be told...after dietespiff's govt, amaechis is probably next not even after ada george.
Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by phantom(m): 5:54pm On Apr 25, 2013
Okija_juju:

I dey feel you!!

But lets be real, Monorail no be beans. THe cost involved to achieve a long one would be insanity. A large part of the money went on compensation alone (which was a scam because I know one of the government valuers wey hammer ontop that deal). The plan is to go from Obigbo to Borokiri by Monorail.. But that thing go tey well well!! The cost of compensation alone might never allow that thing come through. My only issue is that he should have used like from Shell - Airforce for the pilot programme so that people will get to see how impportant and easy it is and will clamour for it to be extended. I understand you absolutely, but this is what we are faced with, Compensation woes. The past governments didnt make room for future developments.
okija that was an ill advised project.he thought it up just few months into his tenure, now reality don set in...lol.
Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by jpphilips(m): 6:19pm On Apr 25, 2013
phantom: Syoure not different from me.i am a full blooded ph boy.i was born here.dont know bout you but there are aspects of your criticisms that are not true.truth be told...after dietespiff's govt, amaechis is probably next not even after ada george.

yea because you grew up in a village doesn't mean that Amaechi is a standard in Governance, i think im lucky to have been born elsewhere perhaps that is why i see things differently.

if you want to know, take a trip!!!!

here is Amaechi's FGN allocation for the month of march last year, at a time where crude prices werent so fantastic

[url]http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/front-page-news/37877-rivers-aibom-lagos-delta-get-lions-share-as-fg-states-lgs-share-n921bn-feb-allocations
[/url]
Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by fixmykey(m): 6:19pm On Apr 25, 2013
fix my key

Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by Okijajuju1(m): 6:22pm On Apr 25, 2013
jp philips:

Tell that to Amaechi who thinks that after taxing me millions cannot tar the street to my office, Fashola created a new city, i was in the island last week, somewhere around ikoyi or so and i saw with my eyes, a hanging bridge waiting to be commissioned, is that another paint and flower work in your books?? you need to clean your eyes.

Yup!! A suspension bridge was built in Lagos State, So Amaechi should buil a suspension bridge as well or what?! Are you telling us that there are no bad roads in Lagos?! You keep calling Ikoyi, how about you talk about the other places on the mainland. I have been to this lagos severally so please dont try to hoodwink anybody here. Fashola had a developed state that needed rehabilitation, Amaechi met a shithole that need total salvaging. Their scopes of work differ by miles .

jp philips:

I will forgive you for this paragraph since you confessed you are a ph boy as such i can assume you know nothing about the other communities and slums in river state. which river rine community in rivers state is developed? bile, soku, okrika, abonnema that even has road access has only two tiny stretch of bad roads, where exactly? bonny? opobo? tell me any major state Govt influence in these areas, belema? ekulama? where exactly? be specific, don't just say river rine community, mention what Amaechi did there and when?

I will not speak with the same authority for Riverine communities as I will for Port-harcourt because my work and life barely gives me reason to visit these communities except maybe Okrika. For what its worth, atleast the Amaechi schools were built in all the Local Governments of Rivers State. Same Standard, Same design. I dont know about roads and stuff, but I'm sure that a few roads and some government works, no matter how small must have been done in these communities. Again, I am not certain, so i wouldnt speak categorically. But if nothing, salaries are also being paid to workers in these communities.

jp philips:

About street lights, i mentioned 70% of Ph being in darkness the few roads you mentioned that has street lights are all less than 2yrs old (except Aba road and aggrey road), please correct me if i am wrong, also none of them is upto 15km long, now, do you know the difference between having a street light and functioning street light?

the roads you mentioned have street lights but most of them don't work in the Night, drive around by 2am take pictures with date and time stamp and post here to validate your claim.

I also said that the whole of rivers state, not only portharcourt has no functioning traffic light, i want you to tell us where and if they are working and please don't mention front of Govt house cos those ones have been showing green since the day they were installed, we are still waiting for them to turn red after 2 and half years.

[/color]

You really seem to be caught up in this 15km stretch crap.. WHERE DO YOU PLACE A 15KM STRETCH OF ROAD INSIDE PORT-HARCOURT?! He can only work with what he has. Rumuokwuta - Uniport isnt even up to 15km. What you have is what you work with. Ada George road, through NTA road - East/west road - Airport.. Maybe suming them up might give you 15km.. My point here sir is that the old roads are being redone and being expanded. Yes, they may not be 15 km in lenght (with teh exception of Airforce - Omerelu (which you have convieniently ignored), but they are many and of good and better quality than what we use to have..

jp philips:

Country spoil, country spoil, no be person go fix am? what were Amaechi's campaign promises? no be to fix country wey spoil??
so you voted for someone to fix "country wey spoil" and in the end he does nothing and you go home and console yourself that "no be today country spoil", you wait for the next election to vote another bingo, is that how you think?

you have borehole probably because you have 150k to sink one and all house owners ensure they sink one because your likes have money to rent them abi??
imagine your reasoning, do you know how many people that knock the gates of good Samaritans to fetch drinking water when you are in your ac tight ride jetting off to work?

go to Bile water side or Abonnema General hospital and count the number of cholera patients there and come back with this your ego strap mouth smelling horse sh!t saliva drawing dirty teeth of yours.

Rivers state in 2011 was on WHO and Red cross list of areas with cholera epidemic and you think the Govt should sleep? perhaps because you can afford bottled water abi?

In places like Enugu of the old, every morning before the Govt supplied state water flows, chlorine is first added then the other treatment processes, that is why you don't see Enugu on those kinda s!lly cholera list, are their Govt stup!d??
does ENSWC and ANSWC of the old ring a bell??

I don't blame you PH first souls cos you guys have not had the privilege to live in a real city.

just to enlighten you a little, Govt water is cheaper cos you don't fuel Generators to draw it to your tanks, the monthly rate is affordable because it is paid for collectively, lastly, That place they call tank at rumukurushi is a separation tower for water treatment, perhaps it existed in PH in the past but not anymore, Govt water is filtered and treated before distribution, who treats all the so called bore holes in various home?? God??

A sane Govt with cholera epidemic has no business spending millions buying vehicles and private jets for political charlatans rather, that fund should be used to provide treated water for its citizens as a matter of urgency, i have long given up on Amaechi.

[b]Cholera Outbreak in water side communities.. I am not surprised one bit. Amadi Ama is a good example of the poor level of hygiene that these waterside communities have. How do you balme government for the outbreak of a disease that was caused by the residents. They shiit in the same place they eat. Even if they had government water, they would still contact these sicknesses because they shiit, piss and bath into the same rivers that they fish from. Back to government water issue. You may not know this, but I didnt start out as a Port-harcourt Boy. I have lived in some communities of Rivers State like Omoku and had reason to visit bonny as well. I know what people go through to get clean pipe-borne water, but I tell you now that Water is not as bad as. We in Rivers State have not had government water in over 20 years. Maybe Old Port-harcourt town, but not anymore. So we have a cholera outbreak, My sympathies to the victims, but maybe they need to start by practicing better hygiene. Even Amadi Ama that is a shiithole has pipe-borne water. The chief in their community has provided them with many of such. Now!! Should Amaechi decide to focus on providing government water to everyone in Rivers State, then we would have another round of massive demolitions to create a passage for these pipse to run through. Not even Lagos state is fully supplied by government water. Not even Cross Rivers state which was the first state that I saw a functioning water company. So my guy, my post may have sounded like I didnt care that some people were without government water, but that wasnt the message.. i was only pointing out that we have other rather bigger pressing needs in Port-harcourt.
[/b]

jp philips:
First tenure achievement commendable and indisputable, what is on the ground today;
News flash; the unscrupulous accountant of rivers state is deducting 40% of teacher's salaries, the good ones have long left to open private schools while the left overs are living up to their names, Amidst the pretty schools his first tenure brought forth, there are no teachers to teach, is that life?

now the resultant effect is that an average quack private school in Ph charge as much as 100k a term, 6yrs on, the child cannot differentiate between an Apple and an Orange. i ask again is this life
Did you see last year's UME and WAEC results of rivers state huh!!! 37% pass is nothing to give Amaechi glory for.

Did public schools in Rivers State ever have good teachers?! Like seriously!? I'm not aware of the salary deductions and all worth not, but the fact is that the schools have been built. Teachers are there teaching. What private schools decide to charge is non of my business nor the states business. I will check on the result stats you posted and see wether it has decreased under maechi or increased. that would be a good yardstick to measure what progress has been achieved in the Education sector.

jp philips:

I will continue to forgive you because you are so myopic, as a reminder, i saw city trains in Lagos that is an example of a mass transit i know you have not seen such in your life time, after 30yrs of existing in a squalor defaced pluto called PH.

Fashola created a BRT scheme, first he made a separate lane for it as an alternative to the traffic congestion on the Normal lane, your copy cat Gov came home and built bus stops and bought buses who have to share the same lane with other road users, in the end, he succeeded in creating traffic chaos which forced commuters to Abandon those buses and use their vehicles, i ask you again, when was the last time you saw an Amaechi bus?

they are very few now as we speak, so try and put things in the right perspective

[b]LOL!! Yeah! I have never seen trains nor even lived in a civilized or developed city before in my life.. grin cheesy

You really crack me up! First of all, those trains that you are crediting to Lagos State government were bult and is being run by the Federal government! Stop all this unnecessesary huffing and puffing. Lagos State government is still working on building their light rail system, which is fine. But sadly, Port-Harcourt has never been at par with Lagos even before. A man who has a 4 storey building to repair and the man who has a bungalow to turn into a four storey building both have two separate scopes of work. For gods sake, Lagos already had wide roads before fashola, all fashola had to do was take out 1 lane and dedicate it to buses. Port-Harcourts widest road prior to Amaechi was Aba road. Is it the narrow Mile one 2 lane road that you will now mark off one lane for buses?! Do you know the clusterfuck of traffic that would cause?! Thats why he started re building the roads to make ways for bus lanes. Go to the new Mile One road, it has a dedicated bus route all the way to mile three with two lanes left for regular traffic. [/b]

jp philips:

it didn't start with Amaechi then what? we live with it forever? what a lame excuse, did you rem. when el rufai was the FCT minister? what did he do to Hotels and clubs in residential areas? You don't know what competence means in administration, though you cant be blamed, you are a PH boy.

That it didnt start with Amaechi simply means that the man has really done a lot. I choose to appreciate the good he has done (which no one prior to him has ever done) and encourage him to do more, you choose to dwell on what he has not done and sulk about them.

jp philips:

Locals aka Communities now dictate the pace of a Govt? i dey laugh, now you see why i say PH is a village, where wowowo touts have a say, an average lagosian will not understand it when you say that Agbero stopped fashola from expanding a road, lol my guy, wake up, u dey bush ooooo

[b] Sadly, thats the port-harcourt we have. Its still very tribal and the government of Rivers State has to put up with a more difficult terrain both politically, tribally and geographically than Lagos State government. Look at the mess going on in Rivers State politics with the Local governments and all. Lagos was once the capital territory, the path had been greatly paved for Tinubu, Fashola and co before now. Doing up Lagos is going to be a breeze compared to port-harcourt. A city with various ethinic groups and tribes. Where virually 100% of the lands are tribal. Look at the cases in court against the government for Greater Port-harcourt lands. Its easy to sit in your little corner and point at all the faults. Even I can point at many as well. But when you see something positive, you also commend it. Port-harcourt is wearing a new look and I'm likeing it. If all the subsequent governments continue atthis same pace, then we should have somethingto baost about by 2020. In 6 years, we have covered a whole lot of distance. The city is a work in progress. Nobody said its the perfect city, but it sure as hell is moving in the right direction.

Now!! If you want a fair assessment, compare Rivers State with its Peers.. Thats States that were not once former capitals on Nigeria, that have to deal with teh same population density and terrain and also have money! Example Delta State, Bayelsa State, Akwa Ibom State, Cross River State (Before their oil got stolen by Akwa Ibom), e.t.c #Datsall[/b]

1 Like

Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by phantom(m): 6:26pm On Apr 25, 2013
jp philips:

yea because you grew up in a village doesn't mean that Amaechi is a standard in Governance, i think im lucky to have been born elsewhere perhaps that is why i see things differently.

if you want to know, take a trip!!!!
my friend stop acting condescending.i think most posters here have extended nothing but civility to you but you insist on being a major a.hole.okija has given you points to debate properly but you are busy groping at straws.i was in lagos not to long ago and my conclusion is fashola don try but the place reminds me of a mad woman whos been attended to by a very good cosmetologist.
Re: Slaughter Bridge In Port Harcourt Collapsing by phantom(m): 6:43pm On Apr 25, 2013
You keep talking of water and cholera. If you were smart you would also acknowledge the fact that the niger delta including rivers state should have the highest incidence of water borne diseases BECAUSE OF OIL POLLUTION.you talk of exam scores at secondary school level, please can you tell us what the national average is? No offence but you try to sound intelligent when in actual fact your are probably lighter than my toilet tissue.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Benue Killings: Ortom Cries To UN For Help / Dankwambo Wins Gombe Governorship Election / Fuel Crisis : How Much Is A Litre Of Fuel At Your Place?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 227
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.