Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,034 members, 7,899,690 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 05:24 PM

Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK (17821 Views)

Obama To ‘decide’ Fate Of Nigerian Battling Illness, Deportation / Fg Condemns Deportation Of 125 Nigerians From South Africa / Jamaican Slashes Own Throat To Avoid Deportation From Uk! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by Nobody: 10:46am On Apr 25, 2013
all oyibo no be mumu
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by olapluto(m): 10:46am On Apr 25, 2013
jackbauerspower:

Dude if you like TB Joshua, Oyedepo and Adeboye to collabo on this prayer for you. Even feature Okija_juju and Pagan9ja for good measure....

You cannot stop me from going to get my own slice of the Nigerian pie.

You better pray for long life...cos its gonna be a looooong wait
People like you have been included in the prayer.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by Tundenoni(m): 10:47am On Apr 25, 2013
Allohrandy: @ justwise
dis is enough proof dat u are a nicompoop!
Dis is d least of ur foolish character...go get brain.
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by Pataki: 10:57am On Apr 25, 2013
"19 years old girl" fled to the UK 3years ago. That means she was 16years of age at the point of entry into the UK. How was she able to finance her student visa following the death of her father? LIE No 1.

A 16years old girl cannot be allowed to travel internationally without a guardian. Who was her guardian or the sponsor? Why are they not showing responsibility for her presently? LIE No 2.

It is not clear whether her student visa expired and she completed her course and now has two offers to study law. Why not continue on your student visa? Why seek for Asylum? Thereafter, she got married - and now seeks for stay due to spouse ties? Oh please - something ain't just right.

If her case is indeed genuine, she should return to Nigeria and file for a proper right to stay from Abuja or Lagos.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by Artistree: 10:58am On Apr 25, 2013
Allohrandy: I think she be deported to Nigerian immediately..UK governament should not waste their tax payers money on her..She is among those that give Nigerians bad name abroad.She was involved in a sham marriage for immigration purposes. She came to UK on student visa and should have gone back after her visa expired instead of involving in a fake marriage.. Anyway I wish her speed recovery
It's not in my xter 2 e-bash but I think u weren't fair! W@ are YOU doin in UK?
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by signalpower: 10:58am On Apr 25, 2013
ola_pluto: Dear God, I pray to you that before I die, let me see a Nigeria that Nigerians world over will be proud of. A motherland where things work. A country respected by countries all over the world. A secure nation. A nation where we live to respect each other. A nation where politicians are made servants. A nation of over 95% employment. A pride of Africa. A pride of the black race. Oh Lord, please I pray that you eliminate those who will not allow NIgeria get to great heights destined. I pray that you plant love in the minds of all Nigerians irrespective of tribe. I pray for forgiveness of sins of generations before us. I pray that you punish those who cause bloodshed daily, and cleanse our land.

ola , i cried and keyed into your prayer, i have always pray to see Nigeria better, i am currently in the UK and i see how things are going easily here, living a stress free life, everything working perfectly. a country were you are secured, you dont need to fence your house, you dont need to think of good medication, you don't think of were to get quality education, even the physically challenged people and disabled are taken good care of,
God please let my Nigeria be better and let the unborn children not suffer what we have suffered in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by justwise(m): 11:03am On Apr 25, 2013
Pataki: "19 years old girl" fled to the UK 3years ago. That means she was 16years of age at the point of entry into the UK. How was she able to finance her student visa following the death of her father? LIE No 1.

A 16years old girl cannot be allowed to travel internationally without a guardian. Who was her guardian or the sponsor? Why are they not showing responsibility for her presently? LIE No 2.

It is not clear whether her student visa expired and she completed her course and now has two offers to study law. Why not continue on your student visa? Why seek for Asylum? Thereafter, she got married - and now seeks for stay due to spouse ties? Oh please - something ain't just right.

If her case is indeed genuine, she should return to Nigeria and file for a proper right to stay from Abuja or Lagos.

1000 likes. on point!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by basadenet: 11:07am On Apr 25, 2013
How on earth would a sane person change her status from legitimate student to an Asylum seeker? To me there is something fishy there, because as a student you have some rights too to do some lot of things in U.K. My advise to her is to first of all return to Nigeria and file a case against her deportation.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by DaWhiz: 11:16am On Apr 25, 2013
justwise: An asylum seeker who is married to a British man is fighting for her life in hospital after an overdose just days before she was due to be sent back to Nigeria.
May Brown, a 19-year-old college student, fled to Britain from her home country three years ago after witnessing her father's murder and being subjected to sexual abuse.

Shame! I would rather overdose than return too...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by chic2007: 11:23am On Apr 25, 2013
The lady in these pictures is at least 30 years old. Her story sounds very fishy.........

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by basadenet: 11:29am On Apr 25, 2013
chic2007: The lady in these pictures is at least 30 years old. Her story sounds very fishy.........
Now you are talking.....
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by braxjay(m): 11:34am On Apr 25, 2013
Allohrandy: I think she be deported to Nigerian immediately..UK governament should not waste their tax payers money on her..She is among those that give Nigerians bad name abroad.She was involved in a sham marriage for immigration purposes. She came to UK on student visa and should have gone back after her visa expired instead of involving in a fake marriage.. Anyway I wish her speed recovery

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha u mumu no be small cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

nice grammar tho' cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by tunjilana: 11:35am On Apr 25, 2013
ola_pluto: Dear God, I pray to you that before I die, let me see a Nigeria that Nigerians world over will be proud of. A motherland where things work. A country respected by countries all over the world. A secure nation. A nation where we live to respect each other. A nation where politicians are made servants. A nation of over 95% employment. A pride of Africa. A pride of the black race. Oh Lord, please I pray that you eliminate those who will not allow NIgeria get to great heights destined. I pray that you plant love in the minds of all Nigerians irrespective of tribe. I pray for forgiveness of sins of generations before us. I pray that you punish those who cause bloodshed daily, and cleanse our land.
I hardly comment...but I cant just let this go without saying AMEN!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by braxjay(m): 11:37am On Apr 25, 2013

finally a truly reasonable comment. AMEN my brother
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by carlton(m): 11:38am On Apr 25, 2013
grin grin chei this girl format strong oooo
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by ROYALD(m): 11:56am On Apr 25, 2013

Iddiot have you ever travelled outsider your local government before,all you know is mama i want to eat animal if you do not know what to say better keep your mouth shut ok
I do not mean to insult you but i feel about the Girl and what the boko boys are doing back there in Nigeria republic of banana . Please man try to be reasonable THAT IS ALL FOR NOW THANK

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by otokx(m): 11:56am On Apr 25, 2013
Happy to note that some Nigerians now take critical look at emotional reports; so was she 16 when she left the UK? good job Pataki.
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by SAM1979: 12:03pm On Apr 25, 2013
Let d couple relocate to another country so she cld continue her life wt him. Else Britons re nt ready to allow her overstay her wellcom
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 25, 2013
Amen
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by coogar: 12:08pm On Apr 25, 2013
•a nigerian woman
•married to a british guy.
•she attempted suicide to evade deportation.

they are not going to deport her again after this incident - she's smart!
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by bee444: 12:14pm On Apr 25, 2013
justwise:

She is not 19, this picture proves that even more

You are what age you tell anybody to be. Have you seen a British or American 19 yr old of late? You'd be amazed of their size. Stop drinking panadol for someone else's headache. The age or dob on your passport is your age, who cares if you are less or more?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by coogar: 12:17pm On Apr 25, 2013
bee444:
You are what age you tell anybody to be. Have you seen a British or American 19 yr old of late? You'd be amazed of their size. Stop drinking panadol for someone else's headache. The age or dob on your passport is your age, who cares if you are less or more?

exactly!
you are what name or what age you have on your passport! that is besides the point! how did this woman arrange a wedding if she's an illegal immigrant? to the best of my knowledge, the home office must approve any court wedding before the ceremony......

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by ROYALD(m): 12:18pm On Apr 25, 2013
BABY NO COME BACK HERE THE REPUBLIC OF BANANA NIGERIA IS THE HELL ON EARTH KIDNAPPING ON RAMPAGE ,BOKO BOYS ARE CUTTING PEOPLES THROAT AND KILLING, BURNING PEOPLE ALIVE TERRORIZING THE POPULATION

IN FACT THEY ARE NOW A CANCER WHICH THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA BANANA STILL SEARCHING FOR APC MILITARY DRUG TO CURE BUT THE ORTHOPSY REASULT COMFRIMED THAT IT IS INCURABLE THAT IS _ACUTE BOKO

AM STILL RESERVE MY COMMENT FOR THE FINAL ORTHOPSY RESULT
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by alumnidoggz(m): 12:22pm On Apr 25, 2013
she's damn too desperate.i pity the white dude.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by Pataki: 12:29pm On Apr 25, 2013
coogar: •a nigerian woman
•married to a british guy.
•she attempted suicide to evade deportation.

they are not going to deport her again after this incident - she's smart!

She will be subjected to a mental health assessment by two psychiatric doctors, a professional mental health nurse and a social worker.

Now this is where I presume it gets tricky - she is due to be deported from the UK, hence she currently has no right of stay in the UK! Her now high medical expenses will be paid by the UK government from tax money.

If she is found to be psychologically OK following the mental health assessment done, she will be put on the next available flight to Nigeria!

If she not mentally stable - suicidal in thoughts and speech (nigerians sabi do am wella sha), her whole immigration story will now be properly scrutinised, including biological evidence to her age, and if found incorrect - she will still be deported!

Either ways, her best option is to quietly return to Nigeria and follow the right thing. She already screwed things up for herself.
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by jidewin(m): 12:45pm On Apr 25, 2013
justwise: The asylum story did not do her any favour after coming in as a student, i really hope she recovers and allow to stay with her husband.

I concur with that line.Cmon she found a man she loves and he loves her too,why deny her stay with her man?WTF! angry
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by justwise(m): 12:50pm On Apr 25, 2013
coogar:

exactly!
you are what name or what age you have on your passport! that is besides the point! how did this woman arrange a wedding if she's an illegal immigrant? to the best of my knowledge, the home office must approve any court wedding before the ceremony......

That has changed long ago, illegal immigrants can get married in the UK now without UKBA permission or certificate of marriage, but when that person applies for a stay with that marriage certificate his or her status before marriage comes up.
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by justwise(m): 12:53pm On Apr 25, 2013
bee444:

You really can not be serious. Though i'm not surprised.
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by abbeyty(m): 1:02pm On Apr 25, 2013
she wld have tried to have a baby for her supposed husband since now.
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by DeIneffable(m): 1:03pm On Apr 25, 2013
And you know all these because....? you helped her to arrange it? Why not be objective and get facts right before you just blabber on with your PC? You're a good example of abuse of internet access.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by coogar: 1:07pm On Apr 25, 2013
Pataki:

She will be subjected to a mental health assessment by two psychiatric doctors, a professional mental health nurse and a social worker.

Now this is where I presume it gets tricky - she is due to be deported from the UK, hence she currently has no right of stay in the UK! Her now high medical expenses will be paid by the UK government from tax money.

If she is found to be psychologically OK following the mental health assessment done, she will be put on the next available flight to Nigeria!

If she not mentally stable - suicidal in thoughts and speech (nigerians sabi do am wella sha), her whole immigration story will now be properly scrutinised, including biological evidence to her age, and if found incorrect - she will still be deported!

Either ways, her best option is to quietly return to Nigeria and follow the right thing. She already screwed things up for herself.

while all this is happening, some female activists and human rights activists are in court or constituting a nuisance somewhere to fight her case. i heard the woman with the quintuplets is still in the UK with a 6-bedroom house funded by your taxes. women have it easy in this country whether as an immigrant or as a permanent resident!

just this morning, i saw on TV that a man can still be guilty of räpe in the UK even if it's consensual sex.

justwise:
That has changed long ago, illegal immigrants can get married in the UK now without UKBA permission or certificate of marriage, but when that person applies for a stay with that marriage certificate his or her status before marriage comes up.

if this rings true, how come UKBA still lurk around registries to arrest couples suspected to be involved in sham weddings?
Re: Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK by Nobody: 1:23pm On Apr 25, 2013
hmm. Amin ase.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Fly With A Small Dog / Roads Sweeping Begins In Ikot Ekpene As It Wears New Clean Look / Tier 2 Dependant. My Sojourn To The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.