Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,616 members, 7,951,556 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 06:19 PM

Which Network Are You Porting To/From and Why? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Which Network Are You Porting To/From and Why? (13531 Views)

Which Network Provider Disturbs With Promotional Messages The Most? / Evrybdy Porting To Gionee / The Porting War Continues: Did Airtel Target MTN In Its TV Commercial? (WATCH) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Network Are You Porting To/From and Why? by Hackomania(m): 8:59am On Apr 25, 2013
treach: Wats wit porting, just get all d network. If u port u go regret after wards. Naija pple be wise... cool

Egypt ports (since 2008), South Africa ports (since 2006), even Ghana ports (since 2011)...
Look at these countries...

In Adittion, IMHO, If there was porting, we wouldn't need to buy so many phones in the first place, and these dual sim cards low grade phones would not have made a fortune in the Nigerian market

http://echo.com.ng/poll-where-will-you-port/
Re: Which Network Are You Porting To/From and Why? by Paschal007: 9:02am On Apr 25, 2013
I was thinking of porting from mtn to glo but since they reduced their BIS data from 3gig to 1gig and mtn slashed theirs. I'm sticking with Mtn and Etisalat. angry
Re: Which Network Are You Porting To/From and Why? by Pain(m): 9:09am On Apr 25, 2013
I HATE GLO WITH A PASSION. ITS THE WORST NETWORK IN NIGERIA & AFRICA!! THEY CLAIM THEY HAVE 3G BUT WHAT THEY HAVE IS 0.5G. GLO SHOULD BE PORTED OUT OF NIGERIA. STRAIGHT INTO THE SAHARA DESERT WHERE THEY BELONG!! I MEAN, WHAT DO YOU EXPECT FROM A FIRM RULED BY A RANTING, ARROGANT, SELF SERVING MEGALOMANIAC!
Re: Which Network Are You Porting To/From and Why? by Pain(m): 9:10am On Apr 25, 2013
angry
Re: Which Network Are You Porting To/From and Why? by gilgal7(f): 9:28am On Apr 25, 2013
am tired of PDP...i tink am portin to APC or MILITARY RULE...lol
Re: Which Network Are You Porting To/From and Why? by femibig(m): 9:37am On Apr 25, 2013
L brasi: Abeg I fit port from Naija to yankee?

Yes oooooo
Re: Which Network Are You Porting To/From and Why? by nenergy(m): 9:43am On Apr 25, 2013
This porting tinz wahala o! Many people will be calling service providers to complain of overcharging. How do you explain to my mother as to why she was charged 30k to call an MTN number that is on her Family and Friends list? Wahala loading....
Re: Which Network Are You Porting To/From and Why? by Dreal1247: 9:44am On Apr 25, 2013
This is a golden opportunity. Even this problem of multiple-sim China phones that pack up in less than six months will become a thing of the past. I wil ever remain loyal to Etisalat. Reason, FLAT CHARGE TO ALL NETWORKS. They only collect #25.00 as access fee, then #12.00 to every network. Upon this, i receive 15mb euery week after recharging with #200.00 and 1mb daily after deduction of the access fee. Also every 3mins call from other networks gives me instant 1min free call(30sec to other networks, 30secs to Etisalat) .
Besides, the network is relatively ok. Easy access to net.

2 Likes

Re: Which Network Are You Porting To/From and Why? by toluleke(m): 9:58am On Apr 25, 2013
Imanuelle: don't forget mtel sha
mtel stil dey
Re: Which Network Are You Porting To/From and Why? by econity(m): 10:10am On Apr 25, 2013
That you have 4 sim doesn't mean you uncle, aunt, oga, biz associate, pastor, lecturer or client will have all 4 of those numbers in there phone book as well. There is always a first line or preferred number you have that is known to many people than the other once. If that particular number or network is charging you more or rendering poor service which you have not been able to diss because of the important of that number. Porting is the best remedy that you have got to switch that line/number to a beta network (if there is any) As for me, my most circulated number is mtn but am porting it to etisalat because i do much of my browsing with etisalat and some times i may not be in the mood of carrying two phone but it is certain that my callers will not miss me. I will also do same with the etisalat line.
Re: Which Network Are You Porting To/From and Why? by BabeOnIdeas(f): 10:49am On Apr 25, 2013
MTN will be the biggest loser in the porting game. Their network is overcrowded and the poorest.

1 Like

Re: Which Network Are You Porting To/From and Why? by Nobody: 11:20am On Apr 25, 2013
slimyem: lmao..cheesy
Cray!!!

?
Re: Which Network Are You Porting To/From and Why? by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 25, 2013
slimyem: lmao..cheesy
Cray!!!

Abi make I kuku port to Slimyem? Abeg Slim,how your nightwork,sorry network service be like?
Re: Which Network Are You Porting To/From and Why? by otokx(m): 11:43am On Apr 25, 2013
There is a difference between intent and reality; many Nigerians when faced with the paper requirements for porting will simply change mind. In any case some of us have more than 3 numbers so its simply a case of recharging the number that that is more important or efficient.
Re: Which Network Are You Porting To/From and Why? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Apr 25, 2013
sanchez4eva: Glo to etisalat
Glo BIS used to be 3gig now it's 1gig...what the mess am I going to do with 3gig for 1400? Not enough for my p0rn
Right choice, etisalat is 1k for unlimited data
Re: Which Network Are You Porting To/From and Why? by smartg(m): 12:01pm On Apr 25, 2013
I will give spoon to mtn and PORT to AIRTEL, then fork to glo and plate to etisalat. That's my porting plan.
Re: Which Network Are You Porting To/From and Why? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 25, 2013
sanchez4eva: Glo to etisalat
Glo BIS used to be 3gig now it's 1gig...what the mess am I going to do with 3gig for 1400? Not enough for my p0rn
Right choice, etisalat is 1k for unlimited data with call rates as low as 12naira/min to any network when BIS is active
Re: Which Network Are You Porting To/From and Why? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 25, 2013
Pain: I HATE GLO WITH A PASSION. ITS THE WORST NETWORK IN NIGERIA & AFRICA!! THEY CLAIM THEY HAVE 3G BUT WHAT THEY HAVE IS 0.5G. GLO SHOULD BE PORTED OUT OF NIGERIA. STRAIGHT INTO THE SAHARA DESERT WHERE THEY BELONG!! I MEAN, WHAT DO YOU EXPECT FROM A FIRM RULED BY A RANTING, ARROGANT, SELF SERVING MEGALOMANIAC!
Sharap, I don't use GLO but I know they are not this bad, you work for MTN abi.
Re: Which Network Are You Porting To/From and Why? by SmashingM(f): 12:06pm On Apr 25, 2013
Ain't going anywhere. Team AIRTEL all the way
Re: Which Network Are You Porting To/From and Why? by nenergy(m): 12:48pm On Apr 25, 2013
Will Mobile Number Portability ‘WORK’ In Nigeria? I Don’t Think So!
www.nairaland.com/1269338/mobile-number-portability-work-nigeria
Re: Which Network Are You Porting To/From and Why? by luluosas(m): 12:58pm On Apr 25, 2013
econity: That you have 4 sim doesn't mean you uncle, aunt, oga, biz associate, pastor, lecturer or client will have all 4 of those numbers in there phone book as well. There is always a first line or preferred number you have that is known to many people than the other once. If that particular number or network is charging you more or rendering poor service which you have not been able to diss because of the important of that number. Porting is the best remedy that you have got to switch that line/number to a beta network (if there is any) As for me, my most circulated number is mtn but am porting it to etisalat because i do much of my browsing with etisalat and some times i may not be in the mood of carrying two phone but it is certain that my callers will not miss me. I will also do same with the etisalat line.
That's not true. Everybody that have my main number always reach me on it day or night but, I choose which network to use when contacting them as a result of the several choices at my disposal. So to me, only businesses will benefit more on MNP not individual subscriber because, in the actual sense, all of them are the same.
Re: Which Network Are You Porting To/From and Why? by econity(m): 1:44pm On Apr 25, 2013
luluosas:
That's not true. Everybody that have my main number always reach me on it day or night but, I choose which network to use when contacting them as a result of the several choices at my disposal. So to me, only businesses will benefit more on MNP not individual subscriber because, in the actual sense, all of them are the same.
if you oga at the top has your number in his phone book. Will you like to call him wit any other number. Perhaps some strict ppl dont usually pick calls that the dont know. That is the reason you have to port your main line to your prefered choice of network while maintaining that same number.
Re: Which Network Are You Porting To/From and Why? by An0nimus: 1:48pm On Apr 25, 2013
I am not porting. Dual sim phone still dey market.
Re: Which Network Are You Porting To/From and Why? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 25, 2013
An0nimus: I am not porting. Dual sim phone still dey market.
Lol.
Re: Which Network Are You Porting To/From and Why? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Apr 25, 2013
luluosas:
Don't be naive!
Re: Which Network Are You Porting To/From and Why? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 25, 2013
Expect massive porting from MTN to Etisalat unless MTN do something about how the thief my money.
Re: Which Network Are You Porting To/From and Why? by BashToks: 3:15pm On Apr 25, 2013
Looool.. Smart way to take a poll. Always knew Etisalat would be the biggest gainers. I would proly port to Etisalat from Airtel too buh I wana see if they (Eti) would handle the pressure well and wont breakdown. Its once in 90days so u gotta be smart bawt it
Re: Which Network Are You Porting To/From and Why? by Adeyeancah(m): 3:40pm On Apr 25, 2013
Like if you are porting from Mr.Biggs to iya basira
Re: Which Network Are You Porting To/From and Why? by fittty(m): 4:29pm On Apr 25, 2013
Ok so I use glo number and want to port to Etisalat because Glo reduced their blackberry BIS data from 3B to 1GB, but Etisalat is unlimited and way cheaper
Glo has a better network coverage where I live, and its far better than Etisalat network coverage(Network Mast). Let's say I then port to Etisalat and I subscribe to Etisalat BIS., Will I be using Glo network coverage or Etisalat network coverage?(Mast I mean) ?
Re: Which Network Are You Porting To/From and Why? by luluosas(m): 5:41pm On Apr 25, 2013
chuks315: Don't be naive!
Thank you very much.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Root Tecno K7 Spark / How To Reset Bb Tour 9630 To Factory Setting / How Has Airtel "Shut Down" Affected You Recently?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.