Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,304 members, 7,947,454 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 08:07 PM

Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! - Events (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! (272330 Views)

(PIC) - Is This The New Trend On Wedding Day? / Wedding Planning Tips, Ideas And Suggestions / Wedding Planning Palaver. Pls Am I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rossy99(f): 7:17pm On Aug 10, 2015
Wud b having my yoruba engagement in 2mnth tym but it will be in the sitting room with few guest.please how do i spice it up not to be boring
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by neehin: 2:35pm On Aug 11, 2015
Hello house, pls where can I make a nice bridal bouquet (silky ones). Thanks
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by esperanza: 3:21pm On Aug 11, 2015
Hello Everyone.
I desperately need help with securing an outdoor location for my wedding in October in Abuja.
Shooting range in Kado was an option but I was told that FCDA no longer has any hand in the processes involved in securing it.
I also need an affordable camera man and videographer.
Please help!
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rocktation(f): 9:45pm On Aug 11, 2015
Rossy99:
Wud b having my yoruba engagement in 2mnth tym but it will be in the sitting room with few guest.please how do i spice it up not to be boring

I'm not sure you'd need to do anything. Just relax and let the elders do their thing.
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rocktation(f): 9:56pm On Aug 11, 2015
neehin:
Hello house, pls where can I make a nice bridal bouquet (silky ones). Thanks

Just about any bridal store can get it done. Permit me to say too, that using real fresh flowers is the trend these times.
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rossy99(f): 2:00am On Aug 12, 2015
Rocktation:

I'm not sure you'd need to do anything. Just relax and let the elders do their thing.
tot it would be boring
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by neehin: 5:29am On Aug 12, 2015
Rocktation:

Tnx a bunch dear, will consider dat.
Just about any bridal store can get it done. Permit me to say too, that using real fresh flowers is the trend these times.
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 18, 2015
Hello @rockstation please my fiance would be meeting my family for the first time next week, I'm about confused on what to put on that day. Can u help me with ideas please, thank you
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rocktation(f): 10:35pm On Aug 18, 2015
fatme:
Hello @rockstation please my fiance would be meeting my family for the first time next week, I'm about confused on what to put on that day. Can u help me with ideas please, thank you

Well, it's your fam, gurl. It's not like you're trying to impress anybody new. Except of cos, your fiance will be coming with a few elders, and even then, your wardrobe would not need to be turned over. Just settle for something simple, ankara anything; trouser and top, gown, skirt and blouse...or any decent cocktail dress. It's only the first meeting.

It could depend on one's cultural background sometimes too. Some cultures allow the marriage lists to be sent across to the groom's family, right after the first meeting. In such scenarios, the couple might need to go a little over edge with their appearances, for that first meeting.
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Nobody: 6:30am On Aug 19, 2015
OK dear, thank you. I'll probably settle for a simple gown
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 23, 2015
Hello @rockstation, please I want to ask engagement day and first family introduction which should come first?
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rocktation(f): 10:22am On Aug 24, 2015
Definitely family introduction.
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by vajayi: 5:07pm On Aug 24, 2015
@Rocktation,@sassygal and all oda fun people on this thread.my wedding is coming up dec 25th and 26th,a yoruba trad and white wedding.I have a few questions
-can I have an outdoor wedding reception as its less common,most people use halls,if yes please where in lagos can I get an outdoor recepion to sit 500pple.

- my favourite colours are white,royal blue,gold and red.I intend to wear a gold lace,royal blue gele and wrapper with red designs on and red bead.how can d groom combine dis without looking too colourful.Also how do I combine d white wedding colours,bridesmaid,groomsmen,decor etc.
-should the outdoor reception be impossible,what is the everage cost of a 500seat hall in ikeja?
-how much is. The average cost make up artist charge 4 d 2days?
-lastly I am yoruba,and my family says its tradition for brides family to take care of most part of d wedding,what are the compulsory things d groom must do?
Thanks in anticipation for wonderful replies
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by sassygal(f): 12:41am On Aug 25, 2015
vajayi:
@Rocktation,@sassygal and all oda fun people on this thread.my wedding is coming up dec 25th and 26th,a yoruba trad and white wedding.I have a few questions
-can I have an outdoor wedding reception as its less common,most people use halls,if yes please where in lagos can I get an outdoor recepion to sit 500pple.

- my favourite colours are white,royal blue,gold and red.I intend to wear a gold lace,royal blue gele and wrapper with red designs on and red bead.how can d groom combine dis without looking too colourful.Also how do I combine d white wedding colours,bridesmaid,groomsmen,decor etc.
-should the outdoor reception be impossible,what is the everage cost of a 500seat hall in ikeja?
-lastly I am yoruba,and my family says its tradition for brides family to take care of most part of d wedding,what are the compulsory things d groom must do?

You can have an outdoor wedding basically anywhere there is an expanse of land. I am assuming location is ikeja? So consider Jhalobia gardens, it's on airport road.

The groom can use a gold lace with royal blue with red touch agbada. White is a standard color in any wedding decor so that shouldn't be a problem once you employ the services of a good decorator. I am one grin

Anyway, you can successfully combine all four colours but I would suggest a red, blue white theme with a touch of gold. Some pictures attached.

It would be a miracle for you to find a hall that has not yet been booked for those days by now. but if you do find, depending on your budget, halls in ikeja are between 450k-1.9million.

Again depending on your budget, your makeup could be anything between 15k to 1million grin BMPro comes to mind

Nowadays, responsibility is on both families, so let no family tell you that. The Eru Iyawo is key but You could share responsibilities, for instance he could handle the cost of the hall, pay a part of the catering charges and basically anything or even everything you want him to handle.

I hope I
vajayi:

You can have an outdoor wedding basically anywhere there is an expanse of land. I am assuming location is ikeja? So consider Jhalobia gardens, it's on airport road.

The groom can use a gold lace with royal blue with red touch agbada. White is a standard color in any wedding decor so that shouldn't be a problem once you employ the services of a good decorator. I am one grin

Anyway, you can successfully combine all four colours but I would suggest a red, blue white theme with a touch of gold. Some pictures attached.

It would be a miracle for you to find a hall that has not yet been booked for those days by now. but if you do find, depending on your budget, halls in ikeja are between 450k-1.9million.

Again depending on your budget, anything between 15k to 1million grin BMPro comes to mind

Nowadays, responsibility is on both families, so let no family tell you that. The Eru Iyawo is key but You could share responsibilities, for instance he could handle the cost of the hall, pay a part of the catering charges and basically anything or even everything you want him to handle.

I hope I answered your questions well? Kindly send a mail if you have more
your questions well? Kindly send a mail if you have more

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by sassygal(f): 12:43am On Aug 25, 2015
More

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by vajayi: 10:06am On Aug 25, 2015
@saSsygal,thank u soo much..U are a life saver
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rocktation(f): 11:42am On Aug 25, 2015
Sassy did do justice to your enquiries. Happy planning gurl.
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by neehin: 12:06pm On Aug 28, 2015
Hello house, pls I need u to enlighten me, my hair stylist adviced me to get a nice remy hair for my bridal hair, buh I really don't know much abt dis hair stuffs, where can I get a good one nd wots d price range. Tnx
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by chiefwedslolo(f): 5:03am On Sep 01, 2015
esperanza:
Hello Everyone.
I desperately need help with securing an outdoor location for my wedding in October in Abuja.
Shooting range in Kado was an option but I was told that FCDA no longer has any hand in the processes involved in securing it.
I also need an affordable camera man and videographer.
Please help!

Hey @esperanza,

Have you looked into the Harrow Park in Abuja for your outdoor ceremony venue? I saw it on Bella Naija. It looks really pretty.

I have a few Abuja photographers and videographers listed here if you are still looking for wedding vendors: http://www.chiefwedslolo.com/nigerian-wedding-vendors/nigeria/abuja.html

I think I know of a few more. I will try to find them and add more later this week for you.

I hope this helps!
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by jerem: 11:18am On Sep 02, 2015
pls can ficial pink shirt and gold tie fit each oda
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by bece: 3:31am On Sep 03, 2015
@ esperanza you can check out Tobix garden after Next cash n carry.
Or u can check Soho garden along same road. I have had weddings @tobix garden and it was good.
You can tap into our wedding cake promo if you have not gotten a vendor for your wedding cake
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rocktation(f): 10:18am On Sep 03, 2015
jerem:
pls can ficial pink shirt and gold tie fit each oda

Nah, it wouldn't. Your best bet is White (of cos!) and Cream colored shirts. Your suit color may allow you to be venturesome sometimes, though. But dull colors like dark grey...navy blue...black suits...readily coordinate beautifully with gold ties.
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Shininstar30(f): 11:18pm On Sep 03, 2015
bece:
@ esperanza you can check out Tobix garden after Next cash n carry.
Or u can check Soho garden along same road. I have had weddings @tobix garden and it was good.
You can tap into our wedding cake promo if you have not gotten a vendor for your wedding cake

Hw much is promo for d wedding cake
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Emmaxmusic(m): 11:17am On Sep 05, 2015
vajayi:

you will need a live band as well you can hire emmax wonder band They are very Good

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (34) (Reply)

Event Planners, Pls Update Your Contacts. / 12 Historic Grisly Photos That Will Churn Your Stomachs If Fainthearted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.