Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,304 members, 7,947,454 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 08:07 PM

Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! - Events (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! (272330 Views)

(PIC) - Is This The New Trend On Wedding Day? / Wedding Planning Tips, Ideas And Suggestions / Wedding Planning Palaver. Pls Am I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Emmaxmusic(m): 11:25am On Sep 05, 2015
You may need to spice it up with a live band
lat55:
Please, I am planning a surprise birthday for my husband and looking for a hall in the Ikeja area for 50 ppl at most. Please if you know any, let me know and pls let me know the price as well.
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by bellabee: 12:16pm On Sep 07, 2015
Trad- 7am to 9 am
white - 10am to 12pm
reception - 12:30 till una tire

venue of trad - a portion or gallery of your reception venue

white wedding venue - church very close to reception venue.

* it will also be better if you use ur church's hall or a hall close to your church to save you some logistics problem.

*** if you need small chops and cocktail drinks for your wedding please contact us o. Happy planning!
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by chiefwedslolo(f): 3:30pm On Sep 07, 2015
CharmyBliz:
hello pls how can one combine traditional wedding and white wedding and reception on same day. please i'll need d order of arrangements. thanx

@CharmyBliz

Plan for a long day, but it can be done. I think it's worth it because you will save a lot having your wedding in one day instead of 3 different weddings and have to book each vendor 3 different times. That's expensive.

I'll say have your white wedding ceremony first. Keep it sweet and simple. Shouldn't be longer than 30min-1 hour.

If possible, find a place where you can have your ceremony and reception in the same building, such as church hall, mosque hall, or some other venue that allows both ceremony and reception. For my wedding, I'm having my ceremony right outside of my reception hall. No extra driving required!

Next, start your reception for the white wedding. I would start serving appetizers/lunch/dinner and drinks so your guests won't starve. lol.

Then do all of the white wedding procedures, like first dance, parents dance, cutting of cake, garter, bouquet toss.

Now, it's time for your trad wedding reception. You, your groom, and bridal party should go change outfits into your traditional wear while everyone is eating cake.

Come back out, and do the traditional wedding rituals of your culture.

You can change again for the 3rd time if you want to wear another outfit.

Have fun!
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by gift3d(f): 8:01pm On Sep 11, 2015
Hello, how would purple and Gold look like. Anticipating your reply. Thanks
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Rocktation(f): 8:06pm On Sep 11, 2015
Good. I'd posted a pic of Tiwa in this combo, earlier on this thread.
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Nobody: 11:17pm On Sep 11, 2015
3weeks to my wedding & my inlaws changed my wedding colors from purple & yellow to royal blue & yellow. Now I'm at a fix. I bought purple gowns for my bridesmaids & my sisters too have bought purple lace for their asoebi. What do I do now? I'm sad cos they've started sending the invitations & its written royal blue and yellow. Pls advise if there's a way out for me.
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by lat55(f): 5:30am On Sep 12, 2015
Hello lovely people, I know most people don't ask this on here but I need the information urgently. Please, does anyone know a good stylist in Lag that fixes, colors, cuts hair nicely? I tried hair by Laurent n he said 10k for just fixing, his work is good but that 10k is a bit much. Please help! Thanks
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by sassygal(f): 9:13am On Sep 12, 2015
enatasha:
3weeks to my wedding & my inlaws changed my wedding colors from purple & yellow to royal blue & yellow. Now I'm at a fix. I bought purple gowns for my bridesmaids & my sisters too have bought purple lace for their asoebi. What do I do now? I'm sad cos they've started sending the invitations & its written royal blue and yellow. Pls advise if there's a way out for me.

Is this your wedding or their wedding? Luckily you can combine all three.

Simply use a Peacock theme or stick to purple and royal blue with a touch of yellow. Or purple and yellow with a hint of blue.

A good decorator will know how to combine all three tastefully

1 Like

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by gift3d(f): 4:40pm On Sep 12, 2015
Hello, I've seen the tiwa savage pics. Thanks, but can i see more pics for both trad and white wedding, including groomsmen and brides mais. Thanks alot
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by hedva(f): 11:01pm On Sep 12, 2015
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by hedva(f): 12:07am On Sep 13, 2015
gift3d:
Hello, I've seen the tiwa savage pics. Thanks, but can i see more pics for both trad and white wedding, including groomsmen and brides mais. Thanks alot
I hope these help.

1 Share

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by gift3d(f): 7:36am On Sep 14, 2015
Thanks dear
hedva:

I hope these help.
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 16, 2015
chiefwedslolo:

@CharmyBliz

Plan for a long day, but it can be done. I think it's worth it because you will save a lot having your wedding in one day instead of 3 different weddings and have to book each vendor 3 different times. That's expensive.

I'll say have your white wedding ceremony first. Keep it sweet and simple. Shouldn't be longer than 30min-1 hour.

If possible, find a place where you can have your ceremony and reception in the same building, such as church hall, mosque hall, or some other venue that allows both ceremony and reception. For my wedding, I'm having my ceremony right outside of my reception hall. No extra driving required!

Next, start your reception for the white wedding. I would start serving appetizers/lunch/dinner and drinks so your guests won't starve. lol.

Then do all of the white wedding procedures, like first dance, parents dance, cutting of cake, garter, bouquet toss.

Now, it's time for your trad wedding reception. You, your groom, and bridal party should go change outfits into your traditional wear while everyone is eating cake.

Come back out, and do the traditional wedding rituals of your culture.

You can change again for the 3rd time if you want to wear another outfit.

Have fun!

Hello dear, this is so detailed..

Due to work schedule and long distance issues, how can one pull off an intro/trad on the same day in Lagos for an ibo couple
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Can2012: 7:23pm On Sep 21, 2015
Helloooooo my elders, e ku ikale o. Wedding coming up mid November and nothing has been sorted out yet. Below are my questions make una biko, abeg, ejo, please chip in anywhere you can. Thank you.

1. Yoruba couple: is there a way of doing away with the outrageous aso-oke of 100k upwards that will probably never be worn again?

2. It's just the traditional wedding and reception. I want white predominantly and I want it classy.
Bride in all white native, teal beads, shoes and purse. Groom in white outfit and teal cap.
Guests in teal and white.
Decor white and teal with touches of green on centre pieces.
Seems to me like everything might be too matchy matchy and bride and groom would look too much like the guests (I don't mind though) Guess this is where the aso oke comes in. Does anyone have any suggestions per colour adjustments or additions?

3. Rocktation, mentioned Jahlobia gardens to someone else earlier (thanks for this) does any one else know any other sensibly priced outdoor venues? I'd like the green background of the gardens to complement the white and teal outfit/decor.

4. Although it's a traditional wedding, would it make sense to have a first dance and dance to John Legend's "all of me"?

Thanks guys
With regards, Currently Flustered Human
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by chosenpraise(f): 9:41pm On Sep 21, 2015
Can2012:
Helloooooo my elders, e ku ikale o. Wedding coming up mid November and nothing has been sorted out yet. Below are my questions make una biko, abeg, ejo, please chip in anywhere you can. Thank you.

1. Yoruba couple: is there a way of doing away with the outrageous aso-oke of 100k upwards that will probably never be worn again?

2. It's just the traditional wedding and reception. I want white predominantly and I want it classy.
Bride in all white native, teal beads, shoes and purse. Groom in white outfit and teal cap.
Seems to me like everything might be too matchy matchy and bride and groom would look too much like the guests (I don't mind though) Guess this is where the aso oke comes in. Does anyone have any suggestions per colour adjustments or additions?

3. Rocktation, mentioned Jahlobia gardens to someone else earlier (thanks for this) does any one else know any other sensibly priced outdoor venues? I'd like the green background of the gardens to complement the white and teal outfit/decor.

4. Although it's a traditional wedding, would it make sense to have a first dance and dance to John Legend's "all of me"?

Thanks guys

Hello Can2012, Congrats dear
Firstly I would love to announce to you that you don't have to break your bank to get a classy,trendy and gorgeous aso oke! You can get very beautiful ones for as low as 50k, will send you pictures of lovely ones if you want

Secondly white and teal is good but I would suggest you add one of these colours fuschia pink,coral or yellow in the decoration,and for guest! You guys don't need to really blend in with the crowd,you have to distinctly stand out. As for your attire you could just add a touch of teal on your gele since the groom will be wearing a teal cap. A touch could be sequence or teal beads on the gele but without the touch you would be good tho

Lastly dancing to John Legend's all of me in a trad attire to me seems odd! But I always tell brides one thing- It's your big day, do what will make you happy and fufilled so you could do it your way
I would suggest you dance to it in your wedding dress. If you r not planning to wear one kindly get a beautiful long dress for the reception! With that you would be able to freestyle!
Hope I have been able to answer some of your questions.
Kindly add me up on 2A7158FD or call/whatsapp me on 08030625817 to get some pictures related to your search and to get more details. Thank you
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Can2012: 9:59pm On Sep 21, 2015
Thanks for your response Chosenpraise. I will add you up per the aso oke.
I was hoping to avoid wearing a dress and escape with hubby asap but I might not be able to sad
Thanks once again
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by sassygal(f): 10:29pm On Sep 21, 2015
Can2012:

Thanks guys

Hi,

To answer your questions - you can get a cheaper alternative to the asooke that will still appear traditional - Get a lovely lace material which you could make iron and buba with or skirt and blouse and then get asooke for gele. Depending on your taste and budget - you can get a good outfit for less than 50k

2) matchy matchy isn't a bad idea, simply alternate the colors- if your guests use Teal outfits and white gele, you should use white on Teal gele.

3) which area is your wedding - will help narrow down outdoor venue
I
4) it's your wedding day, you can Dance to whatever tune you want to as long as you are happy , no one should tell u otherwise!

Cheers
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Can2012: 10:53pm On Sep 21, 2015
Thanks so much Sassygal.
What about for hubby? Would it look strange for him not to wear agbada?
Do we have to wear same lace fabric?

I'm not a very traditional person and I consider myself prudent so really don't wanna shell out big bucks for aso oke. At the same time, wanna look stunning.
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by sassygal(f): 11:30pm On Sep 21, 2015
Can2012:
Thanks so much Sassygal.
What about for hubby? Would it look strange for him not to wear agbada?
Do we have to wear same lace fabric?

I'm not a very traditional person and I consider myself prudent so really don't wanna shell out big bucks for aso oke. At the same time, wanna look stunning.

Uhm, yes it will be strange for him not to wear agbada and those alagas will fine him grin He could wear a gbariye though. Pictures attached. No you don't have to wear the same lace. Men wear polish lace often times.

Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Can2012: 11:50pm On Sep 21, 2015
Looks like we'd go the whole 9 yards on the agbada then. I don't like this "gbariye". Looks like hunter's outfit oh grin

Thanks dear
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by sassygal(f): 1:16am On Sep 22, 2015
Can2012:
Looks like we'd go the whole 9 yards on the agbada then. I don't like this "gbariye". Looks like hunter's outfit oh grin

Thanks dear

Lol! U welcome
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by Can2012: 10:53am On Sep 22, 2015
sassygal:

3) which area is your wedding - will help narrow down outdoor venue
Cheers

Hi babes. Per location, I'm interested in venues around Ikeja or Yaba.
Re: Your Questions On Wedding Planning Answered! by chiefwedslolo(f): 12:50pm On Sep 23, 2015
Can2012:

Thanks guys

To avoid matchy matchy consider having an ombre effect. Maybe use w different shade of teal for you and the hubby, the guests, and the decor. Teal comes in many shades.

Also the same for the white. Consider bright white, ivory, and off white. Other good neutral color ideas you can bring as accent colors are gold, cream, and champagne.

You can dance to all of me if you want lol. Maybe mix it in with a Nigerian slow love song as well so the elders won't get too upset.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (34) (Reply)

Event Planners, Pls Update Your Contacts. / 12 Historic Grisly Photos That Will Churn Your Stomachs If Fainthearted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.