Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,155 members, 7,890,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:42 AM

Nigerian Navy Website On Crude-Oil Theft - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nigerian Navy Website On Crude-Oil Theft (8254 Views)

Need A Standard Website On Budget? (N100K - N900K) Click Here / List Your Website On Our Forum And Get Paid ₦100 / Submit Your Website On 2500 Website Wiith 1 Click (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Navy Website On Crude-Oil Theft by yawatide(f): 10:15am On Apr 25, 2013
http://www.cot.navy.mil.ng/

http://www.punchng.com/news/navy-inaugurates-website-on-oil-theft/

Nigerian Navy has inaugurated a new website on crude oil theft and pipeline vandalism in furtherance of the directive of President Goodluck Jonathan to ensure that crude oil theft and pipeline vandalism be wiped out from the nation’s maritime environment.

The website, www.cot.navy.mil.ng, provides details on exploration, nominations, approvals, movement and trans-shipment of petroleum products as promulgated by relevant authorities.

It also serves as a platform to share information, exchange ideas with the international community and reports of suspicious activities.

A statement by the Director of Information,Nigeria Navy, Commodore Kabir Aliyu in Abuja on Wednesday said the website would create the desired global awareness on the scourge of oil theft and pipeline vandalism.

“For the benefit of doubt, the only authorised agency that is allowed to nominate, approve lifting, movement and trans-shipment of petroleum products by whatever means of transportation is the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation,” he said.

“In the light of this, any vessel not nominated or approved to lift petroleum products by NNPC has contravened established regulations relating to lifting/transportation of petroleum products and is therefore liable for prosecution as provided by law,” it added.

The Navy advised members of the public to report any information concerning illegal activities relating to petroleum products to the Nigerian Navy, other security agencies, NNPC, Directorate of Petroleum Resources and the Nigeria Police for necessary action.

It warned against crude oil theft, pipeline vandalism and illegal bunkering, and noted that culprits will be prosecuted and sanctioned accordingly.
Re: Nigerian Navy Website On Crude-Oil Theft by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 11:18am On Apr 25, 2013
The site is nice looking. Hope it helps reduce the rate of oil theft in the country.
Re: Nigerian Navy Website On Crude-Oil Theft by Nobody: 1:01pm On Apr 25, 2013
Ok. The main people who are first hand witnesses to these theft won't report it, not because they don't want to, but because the may not have access to the internet.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Website On Crude-Oil Theft by Awelechukwu16(f): 1:02pm On Apr 25, 2013
Ok. 2nd to......
Re: Nigerian Navy Website On Crude-Oil Theft by Nobody: 1:02pm On Apr 25, 2013
Palm oil follow?
Re: Nigerian Navy Website On Crude-Oil Theft by Nobody: 1:03pm On Apr 25, 2013
you want us to report crude theft activities?

Oya start from our madam at the top.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Website On Crude-Oil Theft by yuzedo: 1:04pm On Apr 25, 2013
I hope the oga-at-the-middle of Navy will be able to remember this long-arzz website domain name?! undecided

Cos the only thing i could remember after just reading it few seconds ago is www.cot.............

.................. daz all. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Website On Crude-Oil Theft by crusufixo(m): 1:05pm On Apr 25, 2013
AFOLSNETWORKS: The site is nice looking. Hope it helps reduce the rate of oil theft in the country.

And y should't peeps steal oil wen the ogas at the top are busy sharing dividends of the final products within themselves ( dont get me wrong, not dat i am saying that its okay), the truth is, oil theft would steal continue, of which these naval peeps are even involved....
Re: Nigerian Navy Website On Crude-Oil Theft by FrontPageLawyer(m): 1:06pm On Apr 25, 2013
Awelechukwu16: Ok. 2nd to......

To be ported
Re: Nigerian Navy Website On Crude-Oil Theft by Johnpaul2k2(m): 1:09pm On Apr 25, 2013
[size=20pt]WHY ALL THESE "navy.mil.ng" .

IT LOOKS UNPROFESSIONAL angry angry angry[/size]
Re: Nigerian Navy Website On Crude-Oil Theft by Sanfoaster: 1:10pm On Apr 25, 2013
Make una create jobs and stop/reduce corruption @ d top.This will stop.
Re: Nigerian Navy Website On Crude-Oil Theft by melomelo: 1:10pm On Apr 25, 2013
NICE. Let's see how this will help situations...
Re: Nigerian Navy Website On Crude-Oil Theft by Nobody: 1:12pm On Apr 25, 2013
how much will they pay for each report? grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Navy Website On Crude-Oil Theft by ZACHIE: 1:14pm On Apr 25, 2013
For a third world country like ours, i think it is pure weakness for Government to be appealing to thieves and vandals to stop sabotaging the common good of the nation.
For a fraction of what those oil bunkerers are stealing not a few Asian countries will go to war. Almost all African countries will declare full faced war for sabotage above $5Billion. Yet, bros is appealing all over the place as if those guys care about good naturedness.
Abacha would never ever have appealed to nobody. Never. OBJ wouldn,t.

But, Oga Odenson will appeal to anything that disturbs his drinking time.
Re: Nigerian Navy Website On Crude-Oil Theft by Napolitano(m): 1:18pm On Apr 25, 2013
Cool design
Re: Nigerian Navy Website On Crude-Oil Theft by supaeagles(m): 1:22pm On Apr 25, 2013
Johnpaul2k2: WHY ALL THESE "navy.mil.ng" .

IT LOOKS UNPROFESSIONAL angry angry angry

What are you instead expecting?? ww.navy.(cough) "that's all"??
Re: Nigerian Navy Website On Crude-Oil Theft by supaeagles(m): 1:24pm On Apr 25, 2013
I just used the website to report theft by our leaders..... let's see what happens next.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Website On Crude-Oil Theft by solomon111(m): 1:27pm On Apr 25, 2013
ZACHIE: For a third world country like ours, i think it is pure weakness for Government to be appealing to thieves and vandals to stop sabotaging the common good of the nation.
For a fraction of what those oil bunkerers are stealing not a few Asian countries will go to war. Almost all African countries will declare full faced war for sabotage above $5Billion. Yet, bros is appealing all over the place as if those guys care about good naturedness.
Abacha would never ever have appealed to nobody. Never. OBJ wouldn,t.

But, Oga Odenson will appeal to anything that disturbs his drinking time.
so the creation of a website where oil-thefts should be reported means the govt is appealing to oil-thieves?
You are a slowpoke.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Website On Crude-Oil Theft by Nobody: 1:28pm On Apr 25, 2013
supaeagles: I just used the website to report theft by our leaders..... lets see what happens next.

I hope you no write your address or call names there because dem go just disown and deport you to niger or chad.
Re: Nigerian Navy Website On Crude-Oil Theft by 1shortblackboy: 1:29pm On Apr 25, 2013
The navy should appeal to its men to stop assisting illegal oil bunkering. And the govt officials should stop stealing oil revenue before they tellcommon thievs to stop...... Nonsense undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Website On Crude-Oil Theft by begwong: 1:37pm On Apr 25, 2013
Learnt the man carrying those two buckets with a fisherman"s hat(site banner) was GEJ when he had no shoes shocked
Re: Nigerian Navy Website On Crude-Oil Theft by Pa22(m): 1:44pm On Apr 25, 2013
them - them biz! How on earth will those creek dwellers report oil theft? which network coverage? These 'ogas' at the top sef!!
Re: Nigerian Navy Website On Crude-Oil Theft by Nobody: 1:47pm On Apr 25, 2013
1 shortblackboy: The navy should appeal to its men to stop assisting illegal oil bunkering. And the govt officials should stop stealing oil revenue before they tellcommon thievs to stop...... Nonsense undecided
tell them! Leadership by example first!
Re: Nigerian Navy Website On Crude-Oil Theft by yeboyes: 1:49pm On Apr 25, 2013
Johnpaul2k2: [size=20pt]WHY ALL THESE "navy.mil.ng" .

IT LOOKS UNPROFESSIONAL angry angry angry[/size]

You are a proper OLODO! If do not know anything about website designs or mandatory military domains then STFU.

I am a major critic of Nigerian webdesigns but i am very impressed with this one.The design is great and the domain is prefect.Finally Nigerian web design companies are starting to build website the right way.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Website On Crude-Oil Theft by Godmann(m): 1:50pm On Apr 25, 2013
I don't see what the website can do; the Ogas on top just wanted to share money. The site is a way to make money for such
Re: Nigerian Navy Website On Crude-Oil Theft by Siga: 1:51pm On Apr 25, 2013
See Oga in the video dey read statement....na blackboard una use or which kain teleprompter be this one....see hin eye dey go back and forth...
Re: Nigerian Navy Website On Crude-Oil Theft by kabba7(m): 1:53pm On Apr 25, 2013
begwong: Learnt the man carrying those two buckets with a fisherman"s hat(site banner) was GEJ when he had no shoes shocked

The appealing to stop oil theft by Jonathan is diversionary JONA should award the contract to OPC for at least 5 billio dollars after all the militants got thiers and the boko harams is already on GEJ table for signing
Re: Nigerian Navy Website On Crude-Oil Theft by ZACHIE: 1:59pm On Apr 25, 2013
solomon111: so the creation of a website where oil-thefts should be reported means the govt is appealing to oil-thieves?
You are a slowpoke.
No be your fault. Me slowpoke?
Na Nairaland i blame wey teach poor boy like you a word like slowpoke.
I swear if no be for nairaland, you for never ever know that word.
Re: Nigerian Navy Website On Crude-Oil Theft by SLIDEwaxie(m): 2:09pm On Apr 25, 2013
Ada Nri1: Ok. The main people who are first hand witnesses to these theft won't report it, not because they don't want to, but because the may not have access to the internet.
nice observation,
True talk!

Internet is even a long thing, i dnt there are mobile network in those remote places.

The natives will chose to participate in the theft for a small change rather than try to report it. Especially if they were being brainwashed with the cliche, ' na our oil'!!
Re: Nigerian Navy Website On Crude-Oil Theft by badmeat(m): 2:15pm On Apr 25, 2013
Otula something!*singing I'm a pot harcourt boy o by duncan mighty*
Re: Nigerian Navy Website On Crude-Oil Theft by Nobody: 2:44pm On Apr 25, 2013
solomon111: so the creation of a website where oil-thefts should be reported means the govt is appealing to oil-thieves?
You are a slowpoke.

Thank you solomon. The guy is an illiterate and a foolish one at that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shorte.st is A Scam And Fraud Beaware! / » 5 Untrue Stories About Getting Google Adsense Aproval / 5 Things To Do To Make Your Website More Visible To Your Target Audience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.