Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,561 members, 7,892,284 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 09:43 AM

Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence (8022 Views)

Fg’s N5,000 Conditional Cash Transfer List Of 8 States READY! / FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months / Gombe Youths Reject Amina Abubakar-umar As Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence by deletrue: 3:26pm On Apr 26, 2013
Tolexander: who is more ignorant between you and i? Read whose comment? Guess you meant the post.

Why most the president compensate the states since the violence was done by their own people. Very obvious the compensation has an hidden motive.
You are more ignorant. Even if this compensation was done a week after the swearing in of GEJ, you would have read meaning to it or are you not among those wrong nigerians in existence? Some one has suggested you send strong worded protest letter, even publish in the news papers, then if you trust your self, wait for the consequences of that rejection. I swear you will regret that actions. haters

1 Like

Re: Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence by slaxzy(m): 4:38pm On Apr 26, 2013
talktimi: who told Arewa youths the money is for them ? Its clearly stated that the money is meant for victims of post election violence ie youth corpers, non muslims, churches, ibo traders etc etc. Maybe they noticed that one naira wouldn't touch them (ideally) and want to use style as if they're the ones who rejected it. If they're serious, they should send a strongly worded protest to their respective governors to reject the monies.
. Its obvious the money wouldn't get to those affected.
Re: Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence by ewet: 4:42pm On Apr 26, 2013
talktimi: "what do you expect from an ijaw man"... This got me curious, I know you hate the president with a passion but must you extend that hatred to an entire ethnic nationality ? I would like to advice you to guard your comments here but then again, it might just be a waste of time but please try to.
Then his people shuld speak sense into his dumb head!
Re: Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence by BrutusOj(m): 5:13pm On Apr 26, 2013
Can someone help me out?Is it d fault of my browser or Nairaland site? I have noticed since March dat certain Thread don't open when I click to read,they show blank page..Moderators in d house,kindly respond to this.N.B-I am so sory,for bringing this here,I don't knw hw to report my challenges..
Re: Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence by yobosterly: 6:40pm On Apr 26, 2013
Am sorry to say, this Man called Mr President Jonathan Good Luck is a man with no FOCUS ,Nigeria have no Electricity , no good Road, no good and enough Water to drink for people drink , Employment is growing higher in the whole country, why u think u should spend Billions to compensate people ? It's true that some people had lost their lives and properties but why not in form of concrete things that will outlive those alive hence those who died cannot part take in the compensation and those who are alive can be employed in places where they can earn salaries and have better futures. After all, that compensation will be turned into either committee or state govern cake bcoz they will be the middle men and will kill and divide ... Nigeria style of sharing things ....I pity Nigeria
Re: Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence by talktimi(m): 6:55pm On Apr 26, 2013
ewet:
Then his people shuld speak sense into his dumb head!
be that as it may, tribal bashing is never a good way to get your points across.
Re: Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence by ewet: 7:01pm On Apr 26, 2013
talktimi: be that as it may, tribal bashing is never a good way to get your points across.
If you feel insulted,i apologise.However evry etnicity or nationality has a collective profiling attached to them.Evry1 knows how much of a spend thrift the ijaws are.thy can actually spend evrythng on anythng.
Re: Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence by talktimi(m): 8:32pm On Apr 26, 2013
ewet:
If you feel insulted,i apologise.However evry etnicity or nationality has a collective profiling attached to them.Evry1 knows how much of a spend thrift the ijaws are.thy can actually spend evrythng on anythng.
I consider the source of an insult at all times before deciding if I should feel slighted or not, I've travelled round this country well enough and one advice I would like you to use as a watch word is "Never laugh at a people but with them" your initial description of the Ijaw man either true/false was laced with scorn and derision all because you hate just ONE man out of the millions who make up that nationality youve already admitted every ethnic nationality has a collective (negative) profiling attached to them which definitely includes yours. We're trying to stop ethnic bashing on nairaland, please don't stoke any more embers. Thank you
Re: Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence by Tolexander: 8:52pm On Apr 26, 2013
badmrkt: having done analysis with your IQ,i can authoritatively say your is lower than that of a fish.i swear i'ven't seen one with a low a IQ as yours.you definitely deserve a medal.
hard to believe touts also now have an assess to internet!
Am sorry i don't trade words with id1ots
Re: Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence by meforyou1(m): 9:08pm On Apr 26, 2013
These arewa youths must be high on ganja. Is the money meant for them? Are they not the perpetrators? The money is meant for corpers and christains who were killed and whose houses were burnt by arewa youth

1 Like

Re: Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence by NoahKallamu: 9:30pm On Apr 26, 2013
This money would hav been handed over to d northern christians not those who pepetrated d violence.
Re: Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence by ewet: 11:47pm On Apr 26, 2013
talktimi: I consider the source of an insult at all times before deciding if I should feel slighted or not, I've travelled round this country well enough and one advice I would like you to use as a watch word is "Never laugh at a people but with them" your initial description of the Ijaw man either true/false was laced with scorn and derision all because you hate just ONE man out of the millions who make up that nationality youve already admitted every ethnic nationality has a collective (negative) profiling attached to them which definitely includes yours. We're trying to stop ethnic bashing on nairaland, please don't stoke any more embers. Thank you
Then you have got a very huge job on your hands.I wish you luck!
Re: Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence by shady26(m): 3:13am On Apr 27, 2013
Euroclydon: Northern youths, yesterday, spurned the Federal Government’s offer of N5.8 billion compensation to the families of the victims of the 2011 post-election violence that rocked most parts of the North and a few southern states.

The youths, who denounced the offer through the National President of the Arewa Youths Consultative Forum, Alhaji Yerima Shettima, noted that the offer was a Greek gift from the Presidency to the affected states so as to win their support for President Jonathan’s re-election in 2015.

Yerima, who queried the sincerity of the government in the offer, wondered why it had taken President Jonathan more than two years to remember the families of the victims while the issues that gave rise to the violence were yet to be addressed.

The youth leader noted, “to us, we see this as medicine after death and a desperate attempt to woo the North once again to support Jonathan’s re-election in 2015. ”
So now they are receiving monetary compensation for murdering corpers IKE UKONU and CO

But, we are not fools and can no longer be taken for granted by those who think that they can always deceive us and get away with it.

“Why has the government suddenly remembered that so many families lost their loved ones and property since April 2011? This government is not sincere to us and they have continued to make a mockery of the people of the north, thinking that we are fools.

“It is unfortunate that the Federal Government is just realising that it should release the money for the compensation of the families of the victims, some of who have since died out of frustration and hardship. Why have they released the money with just a few months to the beginning of electioneering for the 2015 Presidency?

“We want right-thinking Nigerians to read between the lines and know that this government has never been sincere with the people and that it is not responsive enough to the yearning and aspirations of the people of Nigeria, particularly, the north that has been afflicted by series of violence in recent years.

“The Presidency should stop playing politics with everything in Nigeria. It should be able to differentiate between providing service to humanity and playing to the gallery for political gains,” the ACF leader warned.

The Federal Government, yesterday, announced the approval for the release of N5,747,694,780.00 to nine states of the federation for direct disbursement to those who suffered losses of property, means of livelihood and places of worship in the post-election violence of 2011.

Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Dr Reuben Abati, who announced this, said government’s decision was to assist those who suffered losses during the crisis as recommended by the Sheikh Ahmed Lemu panel that was set up after the crisis.

The states to benefit from the money, according to Abati, are, Bauchi, Sokoto, Zamfara, Niger, Jigawa, Katsina, Kano, Adamawa and Akwa-Ibom.

Abati explained that the interest of those who died in the course of the crisis would be accommodated by the Federal Government.

It would be recalled that following the post-election violence and civil disturbances in some states after the April 2011 elections, President Jonathan set up a panel of enquiry headed by Sheik Ahmed Lemu, to among other things, identified the spread and extent of losses suffered across the country.

The committee recommendation was adopted by the Federal Executive Council which directed the Federal Ministry of Lands and Housing to assess the reported losses and damage to property in all affected states.

The Special Adviser to the president noted that based on the Ministry’s report, “President Jonathan has approved the release of funds to nine of the 14 affected states as follows: Bauchi; N1,574,879,000.00; Sokoto, N55,888,506.00; Zamfara, N93,253,485.00; Niger, N433,375,875.00; and Jigawa, N208,667,634.00.

Others include: Katsina, N1,973,209,440.00; Kano, N944,827,000.00; Adamawa, N420,089,840.00 and Akwa Ibom N43,504,000.00.

The presidential spokesman explained that” Inspection and assessment of damages and losses suffered are yet to be carried out in Borno, Yobe, Gombe, Kaduna and Nasarawa states as modalities and further instructions for the ex ercise are still being expected from the state governments.

“Funds to cover the losses sustained by victims of the post election violence in these five states will be approved and released at the conclusion of the assessment exercise” he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/04/arewa-youths-reject-govts-n5-8bn-compensation-post-election-violence/
Re: Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence by abayomilove(m): 10:15am On Apr 27, 2013
Tolexander: Why compensating these people?

The violence was by their own people and not as if some people went from sokoto to maiduguri to cause violence there.
Eni ti o ba bi omo oran na ni o ye ki o pon nkan e(a woman that bears a monster should be the sole carrier)!

This administration and its father xmas gift sha.

Hun Ibile grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Accident That Happened In Sapele Delta State Today (photos) / Ojukwu The Most Incompetent Military Leader Of The 21 Century / Governor Okowa Praises His Wife On Their 35th Wedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.