Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,350 members, 7,881,296 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:10 PM

Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. (22667 Views)

Closed / Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard / Forex Traders: Lets Share Our Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Afrocatalyst: 11:38pm On Apr 26, 2013
Come in if you run a cleaning service business so we can share ideas and learn from each other. The business lacks a lot of technical know how,especially those in naija.

Ok,let me start with dis very dynamic issue. I see a lot of cleaning service companies use acid to wash terrazzo floors and tiles,which they buy from battery chargers. Is it really d best option or just making use of the available? Let's talk folks..
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Afrocatalyst: 6:18pm On Jul 09, 2013
Me and ma crew was calld by an old client to do a post construction cleaning in his new home. Guess what,he didnt negotiate wit us. Altho this particular building is bigger than the one we did for him before. So I assumed since he doesnt want to negotiate,he already knws this is bigger.

By the time we finished his work,he paid in half of the money we chargd for his first job to our company's acct. So I told him this is quite bigger and should attract more charges dan the other. Bt he said we were already his 'customers'. I really felt badt and learnt a very important lesson that day. Never give a service witout reaching agreement on pricing...

5 Likes

Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by planetuzor(m): 12:51am On Jul 11, 2013
I would say you caused it by not talking first the cost with him before carryout the service even if he is an old customer. Business lies on agreement not assume"MENT". Anyway you must have learnt from this.

1 Like

Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Afrocatalyst: 2:10am On Jul 11, 2013
planetuzor: I would say you caused it by not talking first the cost with him before carryout the service even if he is an old customer. Business lies on agreement not assume"MENT". Anyway you must have learnt from this.
i tell you. It was a hard lesson to learn o. Wat of you,do you have any experiences that others can learn from as a cleaning service manager?
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by tranxo(m): 11:50am On Jul 12, 2013
Afrocatalyst: Come in if you run a cleaning service business so we can share ideas and learn from each other. The business lacks a lot of technical know how,especially those in naija.

Ok,let me start with dis very dynamic issue. I see a lot of cleaning service companies use acid to wash terrazzo floors and tiles,which they buy from battery chargers. Is it really d best option or just making use of the available? Let's talk folks..
so what do you recommend for terazzo floors

1 Like

Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Afrocatalyst: 3:43pm On Jul 12, 2013
tranxo:
so what do you recommend for terazzo floors
terrazzo floor washing powder, just sprinkle on wet terrazzo floor,leave for some minutes and scrub.

2 Likes

Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by valentino81(m): 10:27pm On Jul 12, 2013
Pls, I want to know how much I can charrge a two storey building hostel self contained with 72 rooms with a commom room and a very large enviroment for post construction cleaning. All rooms, staircase and verander are tiled. So, I want to know the average amount dt can be charged? Suggestions are dully welcome.

1 Like

Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Afrocatalyst: 6:46am On Jul 13, 2013
valentino81: Pls, I want to know how much I can charrge a two storey building hostel self contained with 72 rooms with a commom room and a very large enviroment for post construction cleaning. All rooms, staircase and verander are tiled. So, I want to know the average amount dt can be charged? Suggestions are dully welcome.

that is quite a big one. I wil advise that charges are difrent based on who is rendering the service and the quality of service you are giving. Basically I consider how much it will cost me to finish the job first (including payment of skilled labor,buying of materials,feeding of the boys,rental of any machine that wil be used if I dnt have it and general logistics), then add my professional charge and profit. That should be the standard procedure but it's a pity tins dnt work like dat in our country becos the employers will make you feel they have boys they could buy detergent for and give peanuts to help clean up d place.
Another way is to charge per square meter. For washing and polishing,we charge between 400 to 700 per square meter.

So considering all these factors I would advise you charge them 300k tops and your minimum based on how low you can go. I hope I helped.

4 Likes

Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by delln(m): 7:11am On Jul 13, 2013
I just want to quickly add that it takes extra effort and commitment from any business person to really attain the kind of success they desire. Are you really succeeding in your cleaning business? the kind of success I mean here is the type that you desire, plan for and eventually get it. Is that the kind of success you are attaining? Otherwise, you may have to do a rethink and inculcate some proven ingredients into your life as well. Success in whatever kind of business is a deliberate activity, but not everyone knows how to position their business or minds to attain this kind of success. Once you are able to lay hold on the golden principle of success, you will discover that ideas will naturally open up to you.

4 Likes

Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Afrocatalyst: 7:31am On Jul 13, 2013
delln: I just want to quickly add that it takes extra effort and commitment from any business person to really attain the kind of success they desire. Are you really succeeding in your cleaning business? the kind of success I mean here is the type that you desire, plan for and eventually get it. Is that the kind of success you are attaining? Otherwise, you may have to do a rethink and inculcate some proven ingredients into your life as well. Success in whatever kind of business is a deliberate activity, but not everyone knows how to position their business or minds to attain this kind of success. Once you are able to lay hold on the golden principle of success, you will discover that ideas will naturally open up to you.
true to an extent. I registered CATALYST CLEANING SERVICES in 2008. Until I discovered how to attract success in my bizness, I was only meddling. Things definitely have changed since late last year. Reading is important to any bizness owner.
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by valentino81(m): 10:17am On Jul 13, 2013
[quote author=Afrocatalyst]

that is quite a big one. I wil advise that charges are difrent based on who is rendering the service and the quality of service you are giving. Basically I consider how much it will cost me to finish the job first (including payment of skilled labor,buying of materials,feeding of the boys,rental of any machine that wil be used if I dnt have it and general logistics), then add my professional charge and profit. That should be the standard procedure but it's a pity tins dnt work like dat in our country becos the employers will make you feel they have boys they could buy detergent for and give peanuts to help clean up d place.
Another way is to charge per square meter. For washing and polishing,we charge between 400 to 700 per square meter.

So considering all these factors I would advise you charge them 300k tops and your minimum based on how low you can go. I hope I helped.

Thanks, ur contribution is very impressive!

1 Like

Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Afrocatalyst: 11:03am On Jul 13, 2013
^^^ you're welcome bro and I hope you win d contract. Cheers.
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by rothmas21(m): 1:30pm On Jul 13, 2013

7 Likes

Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Afrocatalyst: 6:15pm On Jul 13, 2013
rothmas21:

Good Day Mr AfroCatalyst, Is There Any Position/Vacancy Available in Your Cleaning Service Company. i need a cleaning job, Because I have Optimum flair for Cleaning. I have worked for few "Greenhorn Cleaning Outlets", of which they later folded up owing to the poor services they proffered to their Customers, which also didn't attract Clients to them as much as they wanted.

I Have A Strong Passion For Cleaning, I am Very Dutiful Sir. And i won't Resist Any Positive Concept From Your Company To Propel the Company To Pinnacle Of Success. So As To Inject the needed experience & knowledge to blossom in this Noble/Beautiful Business Sir.
I live In Ikorodu, Lagos. My Names Are Seun Rotimi Sobogun, 29, Christain.
Working Status: Umemployed.
Last School Education: High School

Thank You Sir. 08090525746
I will contact you as soon as an opportunity shows up. Nice one.

1 Like

Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by valentino81(m): 11:49am On Jul 16, 2013
@ Afrocatalyst; does the terrazo washing powder has a brand name and can someone get it?

1 Like

Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Afrocatalyst: 2:07pm On Jul 16, 2013
valentino81: @ Afrocatalyst; does the terrazo washing powder has a brand name and can someone get it?
yes it does. I knw of one bt cnt rememba the name again. Bt I can direct u where to get it. Emton veterinary services,by labak estate,new oko oba agege. Try.
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Pelycan: 3:10pm On Jul 16, 2013
Afro, please can you recommend any chemical or soap to wash bathroom tiles till it sparkles white?

1 Like

Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Afrocatalyst: 7:43pm On Jul 16, 2013
Pelycan: Afro, please can you recommend any chemical or soap to wash bathroom tiles till it sparkles white?
you might nt understand the chemical component but frm d popular perspective,use harpic. If it proves sturborn,mix it wit scouring powder and apply,leave for 30mins n scrub. If it doesnt clear,change the tiles,they re cheap.

3 Likes

Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Pelycan: 1:13pm On Jul 17, 2013
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Afrocatalyst: 5:12pm On Jul 17, 2013
Pelycan: Thanks
you're welcome.

I learnt anoda lesson earlier this year. During a post constructn cleaning for a client,i noticed so much cement stains in between the aluminium window rails and they need to be removed and cleaned. It took me and my boys 3 working days to do dat manually as against the normal 1day we budgeted. Now I've realized a beta way,get a vacuum pressure sprayer and blow them off. You can use a scraper to loosen the ones that are stuck and blow away. It pays to do a neat job in a shorter time.

1 Like

Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 17, 2013
Hello everyone my name is Kunle.. I am trying to go into this cleaning service business,. From the comments above I can see that there are a lot of technicalities involved.

Where can someone get the machines if someone wants to rent them?

I don't know if I can start charging per square meter since am still new!!

1 Like

Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Afrocatalyst: 6:42am On Jul 18, 2013
Ijogz K: Hello everyone my name is Kunle.. I am trying to go into this cleaning service business,. From the comments above I can see that there are a lot of technicalities involved.

Where can someone get the machines if someone wants to rent them?

I don't know if I can start charging per square meter since am still new!!
the machines are readily available in any major supermarket,just knw wat u r looking for. Why,if you have clients who can actually PAY,go ahead and charge per square meter,it's d best. Bt if you dnt, calculate your planned expenses plus some profit and charge. Bear in mind that this is a field that has been dominated by a lot of average pple and to be outstanding,you have to be a little more than average. Gdluck.
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by delln(m): 10:37pm On Jul 19, 2013
If you know what you want, go all out and get it! Successful entrepreneur know what they want, irrespective of the risk associated with it, they still venture and come out successful. It is a thing of the mind, success starts and ends in the mind. Once you have conquered in your mind, it will definitely become manifested on the outside.

This is the singular most important principle to becoming a successful entrepreneurship.

1 Like

Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Afrocatalyst: 2:44pm On Jul 23, 2013
Working on a project nau. Wil share experiences later. Ciao.
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by olinto: 6:15pm On Jul 23, 2013
Wat are d equipments needed to start a cleaning company pls?

1 Like

Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by onyfrank: 11:13pm On Jul 23, 2013
Yea, i love this thread. Thanks to u who opened it.
Am registered 2 with FranClean Resources. I operate 4rm Abia state sha.
My experience was last december, i had multiple contracts. One of my client refused to pay me my 50k balance bkus he neva meet me in the site. Despite my workers were there and we finishd d job.
I was runing 4rm Aba, okigwe, Ohafia that period to work and check hw work is moving.
So hectic, i thank God sha.

1 Like

Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Afrocatalyst: 2:42pm On Jul 24, 2013
olinto: Wat are d equipments needed to start a cleaning company pls?
if you have enuff capital,then you wil need to acquire a buffer wit its accessories,a vacuum machine, a generator set to power and other materials and chemicals for cleaning. Bt you can start witout those machines and rent. Bt buy it if u have d funds. You could also make money frm renting them.
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Afrocatalyst: 2:48pm On Jul 24, 2013
onyfrank: Yea, i love this thread. Thanks to u who opened it.
Am registered 2 with FranClean Resources. I operate 4rm Abia state sha.
My experience was last december, i had multiple contracts. One of my client refused to pay me my 50k balance bkus he neva meet me in the site. Despite my workers were there and we finishd d job.
I was runing 4rm Aba, okigwe, Ohafia that period to work and check hw work is moving.
So hectic, i thank God sha.

funny tho,I had same experience once. Thats d funny tin abt this kind of bizness,you might stay a whole mnth witout a job bt wen it comes,it comes and might require you to multi task. Well I learnt to visit all the sites I have work to do once a day,even if ma boys are there or get a supervisor to do that bt I must visit the place at least twice b4 the job is completed. I assume you mean post constructn cleaning tho.
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by olinto: 7:55pm On Jul 24, 2013
Afrocatalyst:
if you have enuff capital,then you wil need to acquire a buffer wit its accessories,a vacuum machine, a generator set to power and other materials and chemicals for cleaning. Bt you can start witout those machines and rent. Bt buy it if u have d funds. You could also make money frm renting them.

Thanx for d reply,how much will I ve to purchase all dis you mentioned?and if 1 want to rent where can I get in ib?

1 Like

Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Yomkris(m): 8:57pm On Jul 24, 2013
@Afrocatalyst, u ar indeed a catalyst for development of naija.
I have passion 4dis cleanin busines i always dream of havin an outlet. Pls can u and some others in this busines give me a step by step guide on how to start and run it profesionaly. I base in ekiti and i belive ur response can catalyse my dream to reality. Tnx.

2 Likes

Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Afrocatalyst: 11:14am On Jul 25, 2013
olinto:

Thanx for d reply,how much will I ve to purchase all dis you mentioned?and if 1 want to rent where can I get in ib?
i dnt stay in ibadan so i wouldnt knw where u can rent it there bt if u look around,you will see. You can get a buffer frm 200k upwards(new) depending on the rpm. You can get a vacuum for 15k and above. Dnt forget there are fairly used of these machines,you can check them out too.
Re: Cleaning Services Managers: Lets Share Experiences. by Afrocatalyst: 11:19am On Jul 25, 2013
Yomkris: @Afrocatalyst, u ar indeed a catalyst for development of naija.
I have passion 4dis cleanin busines i always dream of havin an outlet. Pls can u and some others in this busines give me a step by step guide on how to start and run it profesionaly. I base in ekiti and i belive ur response can catalyse my dream to reality. Tnx.
thanks for d complement yomkris. The first step to starting any professional service is to look for persns who do the same tin and are succeeding in it. Work wit them for some time and understand the way the bizness is run b4 taking a step to start urs. If u r smart and knw wat u want,this step shuld nt last more dan 6mnths. Then visit CAC.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Exchange Rate Quotes For ₦1,100 At Parallel Market / Ussd Codes For Nigerian Banks / Nairabet Scam!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.