Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,668 members, 7,911,809 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 04:19 PM

Any Ruby On Rails Developer Around This Parts? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Any Ruby On Rails Developer Around This Parts? (1024 Views)

Web Design With Bootstrap, Jquery, Php, Ruby On Rails, Etc / Ruby On Rails Developer Needed / Why Ruby On Rails? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Ruby On Rails Developer Around This Parts? by heckler(m): 5:21pm On Apr 13, 2008
Peeps,
I am a recent convert to Ruby on Rails and since I converted, my life has been much, much easier.
Less lines of code, totally OOP language, easy to debug, dramatically increased turn around time on projects.

Is there anybody around this parts that has found such joy, or am I alone??
Re: Any Ruby On Rails Developer Around This Parts? by uspry1(f): 5:28pm On Apr 13, 2008
Nope you are not alone!

Check out to meet this NL guy and his profile at below:

mambenanje
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=55292

He is also Ruby/JAVA developer too!!!
Re: Any Ruby On Rails Developer Around This Parts? by heckler(m): 5:52pm On Apr 13, 2008
Now that is someone I'd like to have some discussion with.
I am actually certified java programmer myself. (SCJP SCBCD). I mostly work on Enterprise Web Apps, I use RoR to do light lifting (i.e Simple CRUD webapps).
I noticed most people on this board are PHP oriented. **yuck** PHP is easy to hack and it doesn't scale, plus its not full OOP.
but that's my opinion, i just might be wrong
Re: Any Ruby On Rails Developer Around This Parts? by uspry1(f): 6:17pm On Apr 13, 2008
Try go look at Programming section! I am sure there are lot of JAVA, RoR, #C programmers/developers there.

Different developers/designers are different strokes when it comes to programming/developments on the web DIFFERENTLY based on what the client wants, not what you want!!!

[center]NUMBER ONE PRIORITY IS CUSTOMER/CLIENT SATISFACTORY!!![/center]
Re: Any Ruby On Rails Developer Around This Parts? by heckler(m): 6:35pm On Apr 13, 2008
Of course, i agree totally. the number one thing is client satisfaction.

"He who pays the piper dictates the tune"
But you have to agree with me most customers have little knowledge of IT have always have problem articulating there needs clearly.
I have seen web project trashed by the owner after 1yr mostly because the requirements were not fully defined.
From that viewpoint, I believe customer satisfaction can only be measured after prolonged use of product.

hey, this is fun. I can do this all day
Re: Any Ruby On Rails Developer Around This Parts? by a3cube: 4:35pm On Apr 14, 2008
heckler:

I noticed most people on this board are PHP oriented. **yuck** PHP is easy to hack and it doesn't scale, plus its not full OOP.
but that's my opinion, i just might be wrong

I won't say much because you included "but that's my opinion, i just might be wrong". Ofcourse you are wrong! I am java programmer too and I write ruby as well but PHP is my fav. The OOP in PHP 5 has been the best thing that has ever happened to me in programming world and am already dreaming of PHP 6, with power features. Most people, so called PHP programmer you've met are still on PHP 3 or 4 and thats why U can't see the OOP effectiveness in PHP.

By the way, your PHP code won't be easy to hack if you can hack with PHP itself. Most programmers don't understand how important security is and thats why they get hacked easily. Paypal was coded in PHP and hackers are still trying, till 2morow, to get in maliciously. If you are a good intruder you will be a good body-guard.
The best way to secure urself is to learn how it is, to be unsecured. Hacking, to learn, is not a bad thing but most hackers do a lot of bad things and thats why hacking seems to be a taboo word in IT. Enough of the blah blah , PHP is still the best.

The only thing I don't like about PHP is the name, Personal Home Page. I will rather call it Prolific Hyper-threading Programming. lol
Re: Any Ruby On Rails Developer Around This Parts? by mambenanje(m): 6:39pm On Apr 14, 2008
@heckler
I am also a ruby guy, but lately I am using php ports of ruby on rails which are much similar but abit more procedural like codeigniter ( www.codeigniter.com).
I must say your opinion about php not being too good is something I have argued with guys here and they don't get it. but you wont blame guys because most of them havent realy delved into OOP with things like realtime exception handling, Threads, Interfaces, and some design paterns like Observer Design pattern which have much use in web systems.
but php is not bad if you want to setup a fast site in the shortest time possible given the fact that its very popular and it has soo many free codes lagging the net.
So any ruby stuffs we can talk about anytime email mambenanje@afrovisiongroup.com
chao

(1) (Reply)

Designing A Mobile Site / Greenmouse Website Wears A New Look (review Needed) / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.