Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,877 members, 7,969,671 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 12:01 PM

What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? (29313 Views)

Atheists: What Are Your Views On Miracles? / Why Atheists Reject The Concept Of Miracles And Supernatural Occurrences / Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by jayriginal: 5:41pm On Apr 28, 2013
ijawkid:

What about many persons who have been shot with ak 47 rifles and no penetration.??......guess you would call that magic ba??.....grin

ezme:

Do you know how much the US spends on teflon vest for its marines every year? Contact your Egbesu priests, I will draft the proposal. We will contact the US government and make real money,We go rich pass Tompolo. If the US no ready we can go to war torn zones where there is a ready market.

In addition, we could enter the James Randi Challenge and win a cool million dollars for proving the supernatural!
http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge.html

Now on the issue of bullets not penetrating people being shot, I advice anyone who can, to take a trip to the firing range. Precision with a gun requires a lot of training. Even if you point and think you have your target locked, there is still a powerful kickback that needs to be compensated for. The type of gun will also determine the type of kickback that will occur. This reaction will naturally throw off your aim. Now the natural impression would be that you pointed the gun straight at your target and missed (even though he might be close to you.)
The truth however is that you are not a trained marksman.

Now suppose your target is moving, running perhaps, that amplifies the problem as a moving target is harder to hit. Next thing, someone claims that it is evidence of the supernatural. No its not. Most of these stories are hearsay anyway because most people would not stay to watch a shootout. They will probably be running for their lives and will make up the story from a thousand and one sources.

Again, a trip to the firing range will validate these points Ive made. There you will see the difference between an amateur and a marksman.

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by mazaje(m): 5:46pm On Apr 28, 2013
jayriginal:

In addition, we could enter the James Randi Challenge and win a cool million dollars for proving the supernatural!

Now on the issue of bullets not penetrating people being shot, I advice anyone who can, to take a trip to the firing range. Precision with a gun requires a lot of training. Even if you point and think you have your target locked, there is still a powerful kickback that needs to be compensated for. The type of gun will also determine the type of kickback that will occur. This reaction will naturally throw off your aim. Now the natural impression would be that you pointed the gun straight at your target and missed (even though he might be close to you.)

Now suppose your target is moving, running perhaps, that amplifies the problem as a moving target is harder to hit. Next thing, someone claims that it is evidence of the supernatural. No its not. Most of these stories are hearsay anyway because most people would not stay to watch a shootout. They will probably be running for their lives and will make up the story from a thousand and one sources.

Again, a trip to the firing range will validate these points Ive made. There you will see the difference between an amateur and a marksman.

I am a trained marksman and I can shoot quite well, if the target is stationary. . .I want Ijaw kid to present himself with all the best juju he can use and I will shot him, if he does NOT fall then , he will shot me and end my life. . .These people are just crazy. . .Bullet proof juju exist yet the USA is spending billions on body armor technology. . .Bullet proof juju exist, yet the white people were still able to conquer us with their ancient guns. . .If bullet proof juju exist the white man would have been speaking Yoruba and igbo now. . .

7 Likes

Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by bolaino(m): 5:50pm On Apr 28, 2013
ooman:

I understand you want to be creative but if you do not have evidence for your claims, then you have no arguments.

These energies you claim, what are their evidences??
well I'm still researching on these energies that I claim to exist, and when I have ample proof of their existence, I'll gladly share them wit u.
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by jayriginal: 5:53pm On Apr 28, 2013
mazaje:

I am a trained marksman and I can shoot quite well, if the target is stationary. . .I want Ijaw kind to prsent himself with all the best juju he can you and I will shot him, if he does NOT fall then , he will shot me and end my life. . .They people are just crazy. . .Bullet proof juju exist yet the USA is spending billions on body armor technology. . .Bullet proof juju exist, yet the white people were still able to conquer us with their ancient guns. . .If bullet proof juju exist the white man would have been speaking Yoruba abd igbo now. . .

Unfortunately they will tell you that it was the god of the white man that overpowered the native juju
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by ooman(m): 6:07pm On Apr 28, 2013
^^^Nigerian xtians are pathetic

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by bolaino(m): 6:16pm On Apr 28, 2013
ezme:

Do you know how much the US spends on teflon vest for its marines every year? Contact your Egbesu priests, I will draft the proposal. We will contact the US government and make real money,We go rich pass Tompolo. If the US no ready we can go to war torn zones where there is a ready market.
lol, u funny bros, another fact that is going to support your argument is the colonization of africa by the europeans, then the belief in "juju" was on another level then,

with africans sacrificing their fellow people to malevolent spirits who were said to be Gods of war, even with these beliefs, the british fought and defeated the binis, and so many other tribes and ethnic groups,

But it gives credence to my earlier argument that these set of beliefs thrive on the beliefe system of the people engaged in them.
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by jayriginal: 6:28pm On Apr 28, 2013
bolaino:
But it gives credence to my earlier argument that these set of beliefs thrive on the beliefe system of the people engaged in them.

You are right to an extent. These beliefs can have a pyschosomatic effect.
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by bolaino(m): 6:32pm On Apr 28, 2013
mazaje:

I am a trained marksman and I can shoot quite well, if the target is stationary. . .I want Ijaw kind to prsent himself with all the best juju he can you and I will shot him, if he does NOT fall then , he will shot me and end my life. . .They people are just crazy. . .Bullet proof juju exist yet the USA is spending billions on body armor technology. . .Bullet proof juju exist, yet the white people were still able to conquer us with their ancient guns. . .If bullet proof juju exist the white man would have been speaking Yoruba abd igbo now. . .
lol, see mazaje dey form trained marks man, lol,
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by mazaje(m): 6:42pm On Apr 28, 2013
bolaino: lol, see mazaje dey form trained marks man, lol,

Seriously, I can shoot quite well. . .Make Ijaw kid bring himself make we test him claim. . .If him no go down make i know wetin cause am. . .

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Kay17: 7:47pm On Apr 28, 2013
Kay 17: The Supernatural is a contravention of the natural. It is not what's beyond our knowledge, it accepts our limited knowledge, but it is inconsistent with it. It accepts our understanding of natural phenomenon, yet it develops contravening idea against it.

For example: Water boils at 100oC, supernatural accepts that but contradicts it by saying water boils at 0oC
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by ijawkid(m): 7:49pm On Apr 28, 2013
mazaje:

It is a LIE. . .Bring such a person and I will shoot him with my AK47. . .The person MUST fall. . .Bullet proof Juju is a LIE and a stupid myth that is been bandied around with no evidence at all. . .

You see my problem with you guys..........

Always doubting when you know nothing...angry.....

You now have said the egbesu asawana juju is a myth when you know next to nothing about it.......

My question is where was your azz when the ijaw/itshekiri war was on??.........where were you when militants were at war with the JTF's.....??.......

I hate it when you guys act like you've seen and known it all when in the real sense you are just empty barrels.........

What do you know about the egbesu juju??......

Where are u sef??.........

angry........

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by ijawkid(m): 7:52pm On Apr 28, 2013
mazaje:

We all know that eye witness testimonies are very useless. . . .Bullet proof JUJU is a myth. . .Bring any juju man i will come and shoot him if he does not fall he should take my life. . .If you agree then pls bring a volunteer and lets try it. . .I will come with my AK47 to any place of your choosing. . .Next month cos I will be in Naija. . .

Even the one wey I see with my eyes??...see this mazaje o............

Come to bayelsa na if you fit.......I ready.......just come...we go test am for somebody body and even your body so that you go rest........

You could even be the volunteer so that your mouth would be shut........
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by ijawkid(m): 7:58pm On Apr 28, 2013
jayriginal:

These stories are not hear say...look at my I.d name and you'll know that I'm serious with what I'm saying........

I have cousins,brothers ,relatives who've got the egbesu juju all over them and who have been shot numerous times.......

I just can't get it when you talk about trained mask men and all that rubbish....

We are not talking about tÀrgets who are Ón the run...we are talking abÓut targets who were closed up and shot at close range......you guys can't just stay far away and make assumptions and conclusions.........

I have seen with my eyes........

The psychotic shooters who engage in killing sprees are they trained shooters??...but as we know they kill people........

I'm telling you guys the koko,you are there arguing blindly............
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by ijawkid(m): 8:00pm On Apr 28, 2013
mazaje:

Seriously, I can shoot quite well. . .Make Ijaw kid bring himself make we test him claim. . .If him no go down make i know wetin cause am. . .

Come bayelsa na........you go fit??...

Make we show you a child of 5yrs wey bullet no dey penetrate him body......
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by ijawkid(m): 8:01pm On Apr 28, 2013
bolaino: lol, see mazaje dey form trained marks man, lol,

Him body go tell am when him come bayelsa...I dey wait for am....grin
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by jayriginal: 8:12pm On Apr 28, 2013
ijawkid:

These stories are not hear say...look at my I.d name and you'll know that I'm serious with what I'm saying........

I have cousins,brothers ,relatives who've got the egbesu juju all over them and who have been shot numerous times.......

I just can't get it when you talk about trained mask men and all that rubbish....

We are not talking about tÀrgets who are Ón the run...we are talking abÓut targets who were closed up and shot at close range......you guys can't just stay far away and make assumptions and conclusions.........

The psychotic shooters who engage in killing sprees are they trained shooters??...but as we know they kill people........

Your so called psychotic shooters hit people because they are shooting into crowds. Note that I never said it is impossible for an amateur to hit his target. Read what I wrote again.

I find it amusing that you wish to volunteer someone elses body and not yours for Mazaje's challenge. Playing safe are we?

As for your user name, it proves nothing.
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by ezme(m): 8:15pm On Apr 28, 2013
ijawkid:

Ijawkid get one of your cousins to take the paranormal challenge nau. 1 million dollars na we dey yarn here. E plenty pass amnesty money when una dey flex for bayelsa now

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by bolaino(m): 8:20pm On Apr 28, 2013
Lol, abeg ooo, I have sEen the power of egbesu first hand during the 2003 crisis in warri, around an area called idumusobo, mann, these niggas were taking bullets mann,
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by mazaje(m): 8:23pm On Apr 28, 2013
ijawkid:

You see my problem with you guys..........

Always doubting when you know nothing...angry.....

You now have said the egbesu asawana juju is a myth when you know next to nothing about it.......

My question is where was your azz when the ijaw/itshekiri war was on??.........where were you when militants were at war with the JTF's.....??.......

I hate it when you guys act like you've seen and known it all when in the real sense you are just empty barrels.........

What do you know about the egbesu juju??......

Where are u sef??.........

angry........

Plsssssssssssss i BEG you go and get the best bullet proof juju and we will meet at a place of my choosing. ..I am NOT kidding. . .I will shot you on your leg with my own gun. ..If it doesnt penetrate i will give you 10,000 euros and you can shoot me. . .If you agree to take this challenge when I get to naija in may we will try it out. . .You have from now to may 20th to get ready with your best bullet proof juju. . .I don't believe in hear say nonsense. . .Just action. . .

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by mazaje(m): 8:24pm On Apr 28, 2013
ijawkid:

Come bayelsa na........you go fit??...

Make we show you a child of 5yrs wey bullet no dey penetrate him body......

Really, na em JTF dey kill wuna left right and center, abi?. . .Keep lying to yourself. . .
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by mazaje(m): 8:25pm On Apr 28, 2013
ijawkid:

Even the one wey I see with my eyes??...see this mazaje o............

Come to bayelsa na if you fit.......I ready.......just come...we go test am for somebody body and even your body so that you go rest........

You could even be the volunteer so that your mouth would be shut........

Brother, bring your self and i will shot you on your arm or your leg with my own gun. . .If it doesnt penetrate i will give you 10,000 euros and you can shot me as well. . .
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by jayriginal: 8:26pm On Apr 28, 2013
bolaino: Lol, abeg ooo, I have sEen the power of egbesu first hand during the 2003 crisis in warri, around an area called idumusobo, mann, these niggas were taking bullets mann,

Really?

You sat down and watched did you?

Give us a break please. Bullets are flying around and you had the peace of mind to stroll around in the center casually observing whos chest was hit and unpenetrated?

4 Likes

Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by mazaje(m): 8:28pm On Apr 28, 2013
ezme:

Ijawkid get one of your cousins to take the paranormal challenge nau. 1 million dollars na we dey yarn here. E plenty pass amnesty money when una dey flex for bayelsa now

Abeg leave them jare. . .They are all lying. . .
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by ezme(m): 8:29pm On Apr 28, 2013
bolaino: Lol, abeg ooo, I have sEen the power of egbesu first hand during the 2003 crisis in warri, around an area called idumusobo, mann, these niggas were taking bullets mann,

So why didn't you convert to an Egbesu worshipper? Christianity was more attractive for you then? Oga na 1998 them fight crisis for warri not 2003.
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by bolaino(m): 8:31pm On Apr 28, 2013
Lol, abeg u guys should take it easy ooo, it has'nt gotten to the extent of shooting each other ooo,
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by ezme(m): 8:36pm On Apr 28, 2013
What i know for sure is this, people have showed different levels of faith in different talisman and have participated in dangerous gun duels even back then in the University and my experience of the warri crisis. What I know for sure is this people who possess these talisman have also fallen to bullet wounds so where therefore is the potency?

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by Kay17: 9:23pm On Apr 28, 2013
Niger Delta rebels buy millions of dollar worth of military equipment, tie up a dirty red rag on it and then magically firepower!
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by ijawkid(m): 9:27pm On Apr 28, 2013
jayriginal:

Your so called psychotic shooters hit people because they are shooting into crowds. Note that I never said it is impossible for an amateur to hit his target. Read what I wrote again.

I find it amusing that you wish to volunteer someone elses body and not yours for Mazaje's challenge. Playing safe are we?

As for your user name, it proves nothing.

Have you forgotten that I'm christlike and won't have anything to do with demons and spiritism??......

Who ever that is used shouldn't be a problem as long as the juju is working right in front of your eyes.......grin
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by ijawkid(m): 9:29pm On Apr 28, 2013
ezme:

If you get 1 million dollars make I run naked for road....grin........

Make ona come bayelsa or warri.......make ona just come......cheesy
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by ijawkid(m): 9:33pm On Apr 28, 2013
mazaje:

Plsssssssssssss i BEG you go and get the best bullet proof juju and we will meet at a place of my choosing. ..I am NOT kidding. . .I will shot you on your leg with my own gun. ..If it doesnt penetrate i will give you 10,000 euros and you can shoot me. . .If you agree to take this challenge when I get to naija in may we will try it out. . .You have from now to may 20th to get ready with your best bullet proof juju. . .I don't believe in hear say nonsense. . .Just action. . .

So if no be me you no go shoot??...........

I have voluntÉers......if I have to be the one then it means I would be delving intÓ spiritism which ofcourse would contravene my scriptural stance....
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by ijawkid(m): 9:35pm On Apr 28, 2013
mazaje:

Really, na em JTF dey kill wuna left right and center, abi?. . .Keep lying to yourself. . .

What about the ones wey survive the shots??.........besides the JTf's too smelt there heads.........

You are the one lying to yourself and not me........
Re: What Are Your Views On Supernatural Occurrences? by ijawkid(m): 9:37pm On Apr 28, 2013
mazaje:

Brother, bring your self and i will shot you on your arm or your leg with my own gun. . .If it doesnt penetrate i will give you 10,000 euros and you can shot me as well. . .

I don't need your money...all I want is for you to see that there are super natural powers........if I need money I go just go burst pipe.......

And like I said I wouldn't be the volunteer........volunteers them plenty.......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Investigation Of Hardmirror's Claims In "Pastor To Atheist" Threads / T.B Joshua Heals A Woman In Peru - See Photos / Chris Oyakhilome: There Are Curses For People Who Criticise Men Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.