Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,147 members, 7,890,868 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 10:32 PM

I Am Pregnant And Craving For..... - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Am Pregnant And Craving For..... (19174 Views)

I Am Pregnant And Scared .. / I Am Pregnant / How To Avoid Craving For Illicit Drugs And Alcohol? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Pregnant And Craving For..... by uzoo: 4:27pm On Apr 28, 2013
hello ladies,

ok before i start ,i just want to say that i am not pregnant and i am not craving but i decided to start this thread because my neighbour who is over joyed about her pregnancy has been driving me nuts ( but in a good way cause i have been waiting to be a God-mother since tongue) grin grin with her cravings.

well ,i know for the guys it can sometimes drive them crazy too and they'll leave you to sort yourself out,i have been one of those who have managed to put up with her weird cravings, maybe because i know what it feels like cheesy.

when her hubby is off to work , next thing i get a bb from her and its , '''Pls can you help me get some peanuts with ice cubes,or fried rice with dry pepper sprinkled like its going out of fashion''. And then when i ask what for , she replies,'' i'm nauseous, and thats what i feel like eating at the moment'' lipsrsealed

one time, i lived with one of my sisters who sent her hubby out in the cold at night for some Onion flavoured BEN n JERRY'S ice cream,..yea ''ONION FLAVOURED''! , imagine that . she was 6 months heavy and was still craving. i'm a sweet tooth and i a sucker for ice cream , and i tell you 'onion flavoured ice creams dont exist. lipsrsealed.

of course he came back with the only ice cream available and then i offered to chop some onions and sprinkle some on it for her...lol cheesy

she even had me make her some fake Nigerian stew from olive oil,and cayenne pepper( dont ask me how that turned out ).

i guess when it comes to cravings , ladies can eat any thing.

i guess it will be nice to hear the weirdest pregnancy cravings you've ever had and what the taste felt like wink smiley
Re: I Am Pregnant And Craving For..... by lecturerdabo(m): 4:41pm On Apr 28, 2013
My wife will never allow Nsisa(African salad) next is suya nearly kidnapped mallam ooooooooooooo

2 Likes

Re: I Am Pregnant And Craving For..... by uzoo: 4:56pm On Apr 28, 2013
lecturerdabo: My wife will never allow Nsisa(African salad) next is suya nearly kidnapped mallam ooooooooooooo

Loooo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy :DL

you got me cracking up there..... ''nearly kidnapped the mallam''

cool.

1 Like

Re: I Am Pregnant And Craving For..... by uzoo: 5:48pm On May 02, 2013
just read somewhere that some even crave for pencils.... shocked shocked

apparently the ladies like the taste of lead.
Re: I Am Pregnant And Craving For..... by abisquare(f): 7:25pm On May 02, 2013
Am gud @ dat my husby is stil lukin 4 wia to get me "danwake" in lagos its an hause food dat is only made in d north bt I can do anytin to eat it right now
Re: I Am Pregnant And Craving For..... by uzoo: 8:39pm On May 02, 2013
abisquare: Am gud @ dat my husby is stil lukin 4 wia to get me "danwake" in lagos its an hause food dat is only made in d north bt I can do anytin to eat it right now

lol.... cheesy

your best bet ...
find the right recipe for it bring them home and then
make friends with someone who lives in in your neighbourhood that knows how to prepare it.

otherwise... you can DIY. grin am sure it will taste right when its ready smiley

1 Like

Re: I Am Pregnant And Craving For..... by baby124: 9:03pm On May 02, 2013
This thread has potential. I love it already! Before my monthly cycle i have ravenous cravings. I cant imagine how it would be when pregnant. And my cravings are very random. i can suddenly remember a particular food, the restaurant and street address of a place i may not have been to more than once. And probably been there a year ago. its crazy how desperate for a particular food one can feel at those times. lmao.

1 Like

Re: I Am Pregnant And Craving For..... by greatgod2012(f): 7:46am On May 03, 2013
During my SIL's last pregnancy, she used to crave for match sticks, she claims that match stich are very tasty, later, i tried to buy chewing sticks for her to be chewing instead of match stick, but, na lie, the thing just reduced, all match stick she suppose to use for lightening stove, she don shop dem finish....lol

i think i have share it once on this forum, when someone opened a similar thread, infact, you need to see that thread, you go laugh tire, may be later, i will check for the thread.
May God help us all,
Re: I Am Pregnant And Craving For..... by uzoo: 10:06am On May 03, 2013
greatgod2012: During my SIL's last pregnancy, she used to crave for match sticks, she claims that match stich are very tasty, later, i tried to buy chewing sticks for her to be chewing instead of match stick, but, na lie, the thing just reduced, all match stick she suppose to use for lightening stove, she don shop dem finish....lol

i think i have share it once on this forum, when someone opened a similar thread, infact, you need to see that thread, you go laugh tire, may be later, i will check for the thread.
May God help us all,

lol cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

match sticks! omg
Re: I Am Pregnant And Craving For..... by missuzoma: 10:27am On May 03, 2013
First pregnancy na apple, bitter lemon, suya and food with too much pepper. Second one nothing and third one na maltina and extremely hot food. I remember de nights long ago during de first pregnancy when i use to send oga out to find suya by all means. The crave for hot food almost led to me eating food straight from de pot while it was still cooking. No one else could eat food dat hot so i was always eating alone then.
Re: I Am Pregnant And Craving For..... by Nobody: 11:35am On May 03, 2013
I can make it for u. Thats if u dont mind cheesy
abisquare: Am gud @ dat my husby is stil lukin 4 wia to get me "danwake" in lagos its an hause food dat is only made in d north bt I can do anytin to eat it right now
Re: I Am Pregnant And Craving For..... by donez(m): 12:08pm On May 03, 2013
More pls..Am eager 2 knw
Re: I Am Pregnant And Craving For..... by toofine765: 12:46pm On May 03, 2013
My first pregnancy, I so loved taking garri with just cold water. I will rather take garri for breakfast, lunch, dinner than eat any other meal. Second pregnancy was this sugar flattened kulikuli they sell in the north. All my office colleagues knew me for it and where always getting it for me. Funny when I remember how even the messangers and cleaners will always on their own get it for me.
Re: I Am Pregnant And Craving For..... by uzoo: 2:58pm On May 03, 2013
toofine765: My first pregnancy, I so loved taking garri with just cold water. I will rather take garri for breakfast, lunch, dinner than eat any other meal. Second pregnancy was this sugar flattened kulikuli [/b]they sell in the north. All my office colleagues knew me for it and where always getting it for me. [b]Funny when I remember how even the messangers and cleaners will always on their own get it for me.

awww....that is so sweet,and thoughtful
Re: I Am Pregnant And Craving For..... by abisquare(f): 4:10pm On May 03, 2013
wink
isha.salam:
I can make it for u. Thats if u dont mind cheesy
isha I seriously won't mind
Re: I Am Pregnant And Craving For..... by greatgod2012(f): 7:51pm On May 03, 2013
This is the link........read through and laugh tire

https://www.nairaland.com/1205705/how-embarrassing-it-get-during#14462534
Re: I Am Pregnant And Craving For..... by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 04, 2013
abisquare: winkisha I seriously won't mind
mail me isha.salami@gmail.com
Re: I Am Pregnant And Craving For..... by uzoo: 8:55pm On May 04, 2013
greatgod2012: This is the link........read through and laugh tire

https://www.nairaland.com/1205705/how-embarrassing-it-get-during#14462534

OMG !

the thread is hilarious, someone mentioned petrol lipsrsealed

funny what pregnancy hormones can do to you cheesy
Re: I Am Pregnant And Craving For..... by HARDDON: 9:25pm On May 04, 2013
From soured soup to loving d smell of think black soot.

iмagiпԑ having made sweet soup, she dips her hand inside and make a couple of swirls inside it at night . So that вч morning, She can have it soured. Den she devours it(alone ofcos)

They crave ƒoя talks none stop. Hate d man through out( you put me in dis condition and now you run to yur office so i suffer it alone)

Everything smells foul . Heightened sense of smell ... Only God understands.
Re: I Am Pregnant And Craving For..... by uzoo: 9:47pm On May 04, 2013
HARDDON: From soured soup to loving d smell of think black soot.

iмagiпԑ having made sweet soup, she dips her hand inside and make a couple of swirls inside it at night . So that вч morning, She can have it soured. Den she devours it(alone ofcos)

They crave ƒoя talks none stop. Hate d man through out( you put me in dis condition and now you run to yur office so i suffer it alone)

Everything smells foul . Heightened sense of smell ... Only God understands.

i have been rolling on the floor after reading your post... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Den she devours it(alone ofcos)

i guess you dont want anything upsetting your tummy. so you leave her to it lol cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I Am Pregnant And Craving For..... by dominique(f): 11:00pm On May 04, 2013
Soured soup Now I've heard it all tongue
I didn't have any crazy cravings except cold, sweet stuff.
Re: I Am Pregnant And Craving For..... by HARDDON: 11:23pm On May 04, 2013
Мч sista!

not me tho....ma big bro.

Still single. Buh can't wait have mine.

Hope to God she wouldn't ß the type that wud go sending me on some weird errands in d middle of the night.
Re: I Am Pregnant And Craving For..... by feminineA: 11:26am On May 06, 2013
Mine was puff puff. Kai, I ate it as if there's no tomorrow. Anywhere am going and I see puff puff I must stop and buy.
Re: I Am Pregnant And Craving For..... by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 06, 2013
Recently, husband said 'wifey, let's take a stroll, i heard it's good for you'. I lazily got up and followed him o. Then we passed an unopened joint and the cravings started...
All i wanted was any roasted /pepperd animal.

It got so bad that i went into a notorious hotel to see if they had suya/roasted fish/pepper soup.
We later took a taxi to get the suya. On getting to the Mallam, i just couldn't wait to have a piece in my mouth as i hurried the mallam to give me 'tasting'... My husband was angry but i no see his face o until i had eaten the suya to my satisfaction before i apologised.....

Next to that is agidi in banana leaves and moimoi... But i haven't found a place to buy agidi here.
Re: I Am Pregnant And Craving For..... by uzoo: 2:16pm On May 06, 2013
Rukemi291: Recently, husband said 'wifey, let's take a stroll, i heard it's good for you'. I lazily got up and followed him o. Then we passed an unopened joint and the cravings started...
All i wanted was any roasted /pepperd animal.

It got so bad that i went into a notorious hotel to see if they had suya/roasted fish/pepper soup.
We later took a taxi to get the suya. On getting to the Mallam, i just couldn't wait to have a piece in my mouth as i hurried the mallam to give me 'tasting'... My husband was angry but i no see his face o until i had eaten the suya to my satisfaction before i apologised.....

Next to that is agidi in banana leaves and moimoi... But i haven't found a place to buy agidi here.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy lol
Re: I Am Pregnant And Craving For..... by uzoo: 2:19pm On May 06, 2013
today my neighbour asked for Banga stew with ''COLD'' white rice

God help me, i guess after cooking the rice i'll put in the freezer to get chilled so she can have it. grin
Re: I Am Pregnant And Craving For..... by dominique(f): 3:10pm On May 06, 2013
Lols, had a lot of cold food in my pregnancies too.
@Harddon, beter brace yourself. Your wife will definitely act funny when that time comes. She may get irritable and snap at you unnessarily, just know its only a phase wink
@FeminineA, thanks for reminding me. I had a lot of those Ghanaian puffpuff during my first pregnancy. Found them nauseating in my. second. Pregnaancy ehn! cheesy
Re: I Am Pregnant And Craving For..... by tjskii(f): 6:30pm On May 07, 2013
1st pregnancy all I wanted was cake with butter icing,got so bad I cud devour a whol cake in 3days,luckily for me,my baby didn't grow too fat,wth dis present one,I can't even stand d taste of anythng wth sugar in it,and no cravings at all
Re: I Am Pregnant And Craving For..... by Nobody: 3:25pm On May 08, 2013
my neighbour was always eating charcoal wen she was pregnant, i tot d baby wud be very dark but reverse was d case, d baby was so fair and beautiful.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Can Be Used To Replace Weed Smoking? / Coronavirus: FG adds Austria and Sweden to list of high risk countries / Burn Survivor, Kenny Williams Makaveli Shares Before And After Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.