Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,742 members, 7,979,516 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 10:45 AM

The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria (55868 Views)

Vanguard : S-west Is Nigeria’s Kidnap Capital — Report / Really, How Far Behind India Is Nigeria? / Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (22) (Go Down)

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by abagoro(m): 2:59pm On Apr 29, 2013
django1:

Seriously I need someone presently in ibadan to disprove what I'm saying, just tell me if you're in IB and the area that you can find filth like the ones posted in this thread!

If you can't, that means you just don't want to drop the ignorant tag of Ibadan is dirty that we've being told since we were babies.

Most of those pictures are more than 8years. There definitely are still some dirty places in Ibadan but many of the scenes posted here have been fixed.
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by dare2think: 2:59pm On Apr 29, 2013
redsun:

She is got a problem,attention deficit syndrome.When she is short of it,she stirs up the same issues that she is has been on about time and time before,just to crack up those that sees things tribally like her.

I don't take her seriously,i am just pointing up to her that i know who she is and that it is the same bull she is on about,even with her disguise as a texas cowgirl.How she could have opted for that name with all those oyinbo crackers bent on roping her neck is what makes her do what she does,ignorance.

OK. Lets now leave texas.cowgirl and discuss on the tranformation of Nigeria as evidenced by the pictures. Some posters have been posting images of reconstructed places. How do we attain the changes needed. Do you think triblalism blithes our focus and the politicians take advantage of that?
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by talktimi(m): 3:00pm On Apr 29, 2013
I don't think people who are angry with the op are doing so for exposing the dirt in their "villages" (if I may borrow that expression from her) I believe the anger stems from the fact that her topic has a subtle ethnic bashing tint to it that portrays the SE as a dirty/backward people. I came across somewhere on this thread that the op is from Ekiti state, why didn't she start the photo postings from there or better still the place of initial abode (Lagos ? Before she travelled out) you don't leave your farm and clear weed from your neighbor's own.

Hold your elected officials accountable.
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by DrMuzungu(m): 3:03pm On Apr 29, 2013
redsun:

She is got a problem,attention deficit syndrome.When she is short of it,she stirs up the same issues that she is has been on about time and time before,just to crack up those that sees things tribally like her.

I don't take her seriously,i am just pointing up to her that i know who she is and that it is the same bull she is on about,even with her disguise as a texas cowgirl.How she could have opted for that name with all those oyinbo crackers bent on roping her neck is what makes her do what she does,ignorance.

Yeah... Ignorance, you say. It is perfectly okay to toss your empty plastic bag, or a bottle, just about anywhere. It is perfectly ok to empty the dumpster on the road in front of your shop on Douglass Road, Owerri, but GOD FORBID that someone reminds you of what you did or expose your filth to the world, that person is then evil, and you are innocent. If people don't post photos of filth and non-existent roads, then it is as good as if everybody keeps the environment clean and everybody drives on a proper roads...

Look, it doesn't affect me so much, thank God for that, but you people better start doing something, start with yourself, don't expect the elected government to do it for you, because that is not going to happen any time soon.

Oh, by the way, just because some parts of the USA, like Harlem, Bronx and such, have abandoned yards full of garbage, does that mean Nigerian streets should be the same? Why is it so difficult to at least drop your garbage where you suppose to, instead dropping it wherever you find it convenient and expecting someone else to remove it?!

1 Like

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 3:04pm On Apr 29, 2013
dare2think:

OK. Lets now leave texas.cowgirl and discuss on the tranformation of Nigeria as evidenced by the pictures. Some posters have been posting images of reconstructed places. How do we attain the changes needed. Do you think triblalism blithes our focus and the politicians take advantage of that?

So sorry that I came too late to warn you that not everybody comes with a million dollar logic on a million dollar thread grin

How do you expect someone with a 2cents mind to comprehend a post without the usage of bythc, lunatic and the rest of his ancestral given names?

Forget that one.

2 Likes

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 3:05pm On Apr 29, 2013
abagoro:

Most of those pictures are more than 8years. There definitely are still some dirty places in Ibadan but many of the scenes posted here have been fixed.

Ofcourse I know most of the pics have being on the internet for ages and things have changed in many places, but one guy said ibadan is the biggest slum in the world and a lot of guys probably believe him, but the surprising thing is that the reality on ground is far different from what people believe, there was a time when there was no law and order in lagos and Ibadan, but things have changed very much, people need to stop saying Ibadan is dirtier than evey other place cos it isn't! Infact I believe its one of the cleanest metropolice in the country, people will not want to hear it but I dare anyone to go to ibadan and disprove what am saying.

1 Like

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by dare2think: 3:06pm On Apr 29, 2013
talktimi: I don't think people who are angry with the op are doing so for exposing the dirt in their "villages" (if I may borrow that expression from her) I believe the anger stems from the fact that her topic has a subtle ethnic bashing tint to it that portrays the [b]SE [/b]as a dirty/backward people. I came across somewhere on this thread that the op is from Ekiti state, why didn't she start the photo postings from there or better still the place of initial abode (Lagos ? Before she travelled out) you don't leave your farm and clear weed from your neighbor's own.

Hold your elected officials accountable.

The title of the thread actually state 'the dirtiness that 'is' Nigeria'.

I don't think that it matters which area she may have started from as it all encompasses Nigeria. The Op did include various locations from around the country including those that you allude to favour. Also she did say she will include more.

Objectivity is key.
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 3:06pm On Apr 29, 2013
abagoro:

Thank you for posting one recent picture. . . . .as I've told many others to do.

Most of them are more than 8years you say?

Then it shouldn't be hard to post most recent pictures.

For example, what has orji done to change these pictures of Aba/Abia? Are you trying to say the areas have been cleaned up and remodeled with modern infrastructure?
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by tundesto(m): 3:07pm On Apr 29, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
Relax...Ekiti is not that bad...
At all.
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by redsun(m): 3:14pm On Apr 29, 2013
Dr Muzungu:

Yeah... Ignorance, you say. It is perfectly okay to toss your empty plastic bag, or a bottle, just about anywhere. It is perfectly ok to empty the dumpster on the road in front of your shop on Douglass Road, Owerri, but GOD FORBID that someone reminds you of what you did or expose your filth to the world, that person is then evil, and you are innocent. If people don't post photos of filth and non-existent roads, then it is as good as if everybody keeps the environment clean and everybody drives on a proper roads...

Look, it doesn't affect me so much, thank God for that, but you people better start doing something, start with yourself, don't expect the elected government to do it for you, because that is not going to happen any time soon.

Nigeria has not defined society ,no government for sure and no policies.

An average nigerian adult does not understand the concept of why a street should be kept clean and that explains why the people that are designated to keep the streets functional steals the resources that are supposedly budgeted for such projects.

I come from a descent country side in naija and every time mosquito hit me i lagos with malaria,i use to run home to recuperate from filth and polluted environment because my home was clean with no expose dumps,sewage and mosquitos.

I was born clean and i will remain clean,because cleanliness is godliness.I am godlike.
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 3:16pm On Apr 29, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

I like this idea.

City cleaning business is a good idea.

city cleaning ==> $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ x =N=N=N=N=N=N=N=N=N=
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by abagoro(m): 3:17pm On Apr 29, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Thank you for posting one recent picture. . . . .as I've told many others to do.

Most of them are more than 8years you say?

Then it shouldn't be hard to post most recent pictures.

For example, what has orji done to change these pictures of Aba/Abia? Are you trying to say the areas have been cleaned up and remodeled with modern infrastructure?

There has been a lot of changes in Nigeria including Aba. Even though they are not up to my expectation, a lot has been done in infrastructure. I traveled to Aba in march and there was not any terrible looking places like the ones posted here. The expressway was good and I didn't switch lane till I got to Aba.
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by rodeo0070(m): 3:19pm On Apr 29, 2013
django1:

Seriously I need someone presently in ibadan to disprove what I'm saying, just tell me if you're in IB and the area that you can find filth like the ones posted in this thread!

If you can't, that means you just don't want to drop the ignorant tag of Ibadan is dirty that we've being told since we were babies.
I'm in Ibadan. Though, I'm not an indigene but I work in Ibadan. Some of those pics are old and out of it.
As you can see from my earlier post, I did acknowledged the present Govt. of doing what needs to be done to make the city clean. About the "ignorant" tag of Ibadan is dirty, it will always be, cos this is not the first time we are seeing the Govt. battling with the issue of sanitation in the state. I just hope there is continuity in what the present Govt. is doing...
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 3:30pm On Apr 29, 2013
rodeo0070:
I'm in Ibadan. Though, I'm not an indigene but I work in Ibadan. Some of those pics are old and out of it.
As you can see from my earlier post, I did acknowledged the present Govt. of doing what needs to be done to make the city clean. About the "ignorant" tag of Ibadan is dirty, it will always be, cos this is not the first time we are seeing the Govt. battling with the issue of sanitation in the state. I just hope there is continuity in what the present Govt. is doing...

I don't understand you bro, st a point you're saying ibadan ko ibadan ni, now you're singing a new tune, is either that Ibadan isn't what people always make it out to be anymore or it is, stop dancing around, if you think there's a particular area where dirts are left unattended for upwards of a week, mention the place.
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by rodeo0070(m): 3:36pm On Apr 29, 2013
django1:

I don't understand you bro, st a point you're saying ibadan ko ibadan ni, now you're singing a new tune, is either that Ibadan isn't what people always make it out to be anymore or it is, stop dancing around, if you think there's a particular area where dirts are left unattended for upwards of a week, mention the place.
I only said Ibadan ko Ibadan ni to your statement "This is ignorance, no city in nigeria is cleaner than ibadan"
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 3:45pm On Apr 29, 2013
rodeo0070:
I only said Ibadan ko Ibadan ni to your statement "This is ignorance, no city in nigeria is cleaner than ibadan"

Okay, but that statement is valid. Are there more modern cities yes! But cleaner cities, the answer is no!

Calabar for all its cleaniness prestige still have dirty sewages and dirty inner city.

That statement as you can see is relative not absolute, each city in this country have the clean and the not so clean (as most govt have woken up to sanitation) areas, so its ignorance for anyone to think ibadan is dirt where infact it is one of the cleanest by the percentage of how many places are clean. Hope you understand my point now.
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by rodeo0070(m): 3:45pm On Apr 29, 2013
django1:

I only responded to Ibadan ko Ibadan ni to your statement "This is ignorance, no city in nigeria is cleaner than ibadan"
Pls follow this link and don't get me wrong https://www.nairaland.com/1272973/dirtiness-nigeria/14#15472539 . This is before you made your comment...
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 29, 2013
Akson man: Most of the filthy pictures posted here represents the state of mind of most Nigerian losers (home and abroad). These set of Nigerians rush to nairaland daily scouting for bad news about Nigeria so as to justify their mediocre existence.

They are like a large percentage of African Americans-when the rest of the world see America as a land of opportunities, the only thing some of these slave descendants see is white oppression, drugs,drive by shooting, and prison.

@Texas.cowgirl, i dont know why a transsexual gogo dancer like u should be putting this amount of energy in making Naija look bad.

Nigeria is evolving and will only get better for those who believe in her.
Can u prosper in a land that u dont believe in?

Very dumb and dim-witted post... What has African Americans and their struggle got to do with the filth in Nigeria? Only a numbnut with an IQ in the 3rd decimal would compare the struggle of docile and utterly corrupt people who are eager to sell their souls for crumbs - to people who're fighting against generational discrimination and institutionalised racism... At least African Americans still complain about something... Are Nigerians as brave as that? Everyone in that filth only cares about someone from their tribes/ethnic-group being in a position of power regardless of how inept, utterly corrupt, and less qualified the person is...

And no, Nigeria will only get better when you retrieve your brain cells from under your foot - and start thinking like a normal humanoid should... Keep hoping and believing like all the gazillion of sheeple who troop to churches and mosques in that country, looking for propserity!

Nigerians just need to be proactive; do away with tribal sentiments; and let their voice(s) be heard...

1 Like

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by talktimi(m): 3:49pm On Apr 29, 2013
dare2think:

The title of the thread actually state 'the dirtiness that 'is' Nigeria'.

I don't think that it matters which area she may have started from as it all encompasses Nigeria. The Op did include various locations from around the country including those that you allude to favour. Also she did say she will include more.

Objectivity is key.
maybe you would have had a different perspective if you felt your ethnic nationality was the target of this topic then again maybe not. Asper being objective, she got many of her photos from google images, she could as easily have gotten/started her topic from her state so as to be fair. Nigeria is a very sensitive country when it comes to such issues as this and if you travel round as much as I do, you would understand. Anyways, its all good. The baby should not be thrown with the bath water
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Duru1(m): 3:55pm On Apr 29, 2013
@OP

Ileke-idi aka Ekiti Ikebe

Your silly shenanigans should be shamefully recognized. It is nice to notice you deceitfully failed to put up the picture of dilapidated brothels in Ado-Ekiti which one of them is named “Sharp-Sharp Hostel”, a befitting name for the type of business obtained within.

1 Like

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 29, 2013
ShyM-X:

Very dumb and dim-witted post... What has African Americans and their struggle got to do with the filth in Nigeria? Only a numbnut with an IQ in the 3rd decimal would compare the struggle of docile and utterly corrupt people who are eager to sell their souls for crumbs - to people who're fighting against generational discrimination and institutionalised racism... At least African Americans still complain about something... Are Nigerians as brave as that? Everyone in that filth only cares about someone from their tribes/ethnic-group being in a position of power regardless of how inept, utterly corrupt, and less qualified the person is...

And no, Nigeria will only get better when you retrieve your brain cells from under your foot - and start thinking like a normal humanoid should... Keep hoping and believing like all the gazillion of sheeple who troop to churches and mosques in that country, looking for propserity!

Nigerians just need to be proactive; do away with tribal sentiments; and let their voice(s) be heard...

Shymmex do you know how silly that blanket statement is? What do you know about "every" nigerian? Guy use ur brain sometimes.

1 Like

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by rodeo0070(m): 3:58pm On Apr 29, 2013
django1:

Okay, but that statement is valid. Are there more modern cities yes! But cleaner cities, the answer is no!

Calabar for all its cleaniness prestige still have dirty sewages and dirty inner city.

That statement as you can see is relative not absolute, each city in this country have the clean and the not so clean (as most govt have woken up to sanitation) areas, so its ignorance for anyone to think ibadan is dirt where infact it is one of the cleanest by the percentage of how many places are clean. Hope you understand my point now.
Wagbayi Bro! But I'm going to wear my boxing gloves on this matter that your statement is valid. LOL...
You can't rule out that every city in the world has undesirable places characterized with dirt and filth. But some cities are known for cleanliness for a long time and are still living up to it in Nigeria. U mentioned Calabar. At least for you to have mentioned Calabar shows that some cities are cleaner than others, in spite of their "slumy slum".
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by dare2think: 3:58pm On Apr 29, 2013
talktimi: maybe you would have had a different perspective if you felt your ethnic nationality was the target of this topic then again maybe not. Asper being objective, she got many of her photos from google images, she could as easily have gotten/started her topic from her state so as to be fair. Nigeria is a very sensitive country when it comes to such issues as this and if you travel round as much as I do, you would understand. Anyways, its all good. The baby should not be thrown with the bath water

Technically, what you are saying is that she has no right to expose the inadequacies of another state as she does not hail from that state.

Only those from from a particular state can criticize their respective states. Even when the so-called states are in the same Country.

I see.
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 4:01pm On Apr 29, 2013
django1:

Shymmex do you know how silly that blanket statement is? What do you know about "every" nigerian? Guy use ur brain sometimes.

How's it silly? Are you oblivious to the fact that Boko Haram started because they wanted a Northern president; South South threatened the whole country before GEJ was selected; Igbo's are saying it's their turn in 2015; and Yoruba's also want to rule the country? Ok, scrap that - NL is also a reflection of Nigeria... and are you oblivious to the fact that most people critique based on tribal sentiments?

Perhaps, you should take your own advice and use ya brain, Django..
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 4:10pm On Apr 29, 2013
rodeo0070:
Wagbayi Bro! But I'm going to wear my boxing gloves on this matter that your statement is valid. LOL...
You can't rule out that every city in the world has undesirable places characterized with dirt and filth. But some cities are known for cleanliness for a long time and are still living up to it in Nigeria. U mentioned Calabar. At least for you to have mentioned Calabar shows that some cities are cleaner than others, in spite of their "slumy slum".

Sure!

Sugbon, prejudice and misinformation form the bulk of our perception of places, for example most of us in the south believe we're better than the northerners, whereas infact they have cleaner cities than most southern states!

That calabar ish for instance, where people equate calabar to the whole of cross river which is just too wrong, and what worked for calabar was that the governor took steps very early to clean up mainly the municiplality long before other states woke up to the idea of using aggressively street sweepers.

In all sha, I'll say things are getting better in most places, na only this over population stuff dey worry me, we too plenty for this country.
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 4:10pm On Apr 29, 2013
Duru1: @OP

Ileke-idi aka Ekiti Ikebe

Your silly shenanigans should be shamefully recognized. It is nice to notice you deceitfully failed to put up the picture of dilapidated brothels in Ado-Ekiti which one of them is named “Sharp-Sharp Hostel”, a befitting name for the type of business obtained within.

this thread is not for pictures of brothels that you frequently visit and/or works at for your daily kobos.

however, if you feel that you cannot work in their dirty conditions, please paste their pictures here.

Do you want me to pay you for your service of posting your brothels?
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 29, 2013
abagoro:

There has been a lot of changes in Nigeria including Aba. Even though they are not up to my expectation, a lot has been done in infrastructure. I traveled to Aba in march and there was not any terrible looking places like the ones posted here. The expressway was good and I didn't switch lane till I got to Aba.

I'm not disputing your claim, just asking you to post recent pictures(since according to you, these pictures are old) to support your point.
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by DrMuzungu(m): 4:18pm On Apr 29, 2013
Make no mistake, animals and people behaving like animals exist everywhere. Be it Africa, Europe or the rest of the planet. Just that... dare to drop an empty bottle in Germany, for instance, you would get a hefty fine and if you, god forbid, do it in Singapore, better shoot yourself. Few years ago, in my sweet European homeland, my Nigerian wife was shocked to see someone walking on the street and dumping an empty box of some biscuits on the walkway, just seconds after she walked some 30-40 meters to dump her bag in the garbage bin. So I had to explain that the animal couldn't know better and communal police was not nearby to give him a "ticket" worth some $100.

All in all, we should all behave like human beings, not like animals (but technically we are animals, lol). And for those that disobey the rules, there should be fines so heavy that they will never do the same thing again.

And before you mention tribalism again... I have lived in the Igbo land for long enough, and spent enough time in the Yoruba land, to say they are not so much different when it comes to keeping the environment clean. Abuja is like a different world, so that experience doesn't count and I haven't been to the north so I can't talk about that.

Just a honestly friendly advice for everyone who wants to hear it: Next time before you dump something to where it doesn't belong, think of how offended you were by the pictures posted here.

1 Like

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 4:19pm On Apr 29, 2013
Django1

When you're dealing with politics and opinion polls there's no blanket statement - you go with the majority. From what I know, and I have seen - about 70-80% Nigerians do everything based on tribal/ethnic sentiments. We may start by looking at voting patterns; how people critique the government; and even this thread is a prime example of the thought process of most Nigerians. It's always "us" against "them" with almost everyone in Nigeria.

70-80% = 0.7/0.8 of 1... Do the approx. and see if you won't get 1...

So, it isn't a blanket statement - that's just the honest truth... I bet if you go to Bayelsa or any Ijaw state today - the approval ratings of GEJ would be more than 90% despite the fact that the guy has been an epic failure...
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by shalmen: 4:21pm On Apr 29, 2013
i'm amazed & sad that someone decided not to fold her hands and complain but decided to post pictures of dirty places in nigeria starting from the east with the intent that it will spurr some reaction from you young pple to actually demand good governance from your so called leaders and some misguided idiots thought it was an attack on thier states, how stupid can we get? with young pple not standing and demanding anything from leadership . . . this is what we get!
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 29, 2013
ShyM-X:

How's it silly? Are you oblivious to the fact that Boko Haram started because they wanted a Northern president; South South threatened the whole country before GEJ was selected; Igbo's are saying it's their turn in 2015; and Yoruba's also want to rule the country? Ok, scrap that - NL is also a reflection of Nigeria... and are you oblivious to the fact that most people critique based on tribal sentiments?

Perhaps, you should take your own advice and use ya brain, Django..

You're such an illiterate, how did the bolded justify your rant against ALL nigerians?

You equate the agitation of less than 5% of the population to every member of that group! Do you see why you're silly now?

You need to get your a*ss away from that public school you attend in the UK.
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by DrMuzungu(m): 4:24pm On Apr 29, 2013
Young people know what is needed. But if you dare to go and complain publicly, guess what is likely to happen? Police with sticks if you're lucky, or... your corpse will be paraded with some AK47's along, claiming that they have caught just another robber sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (22)

Abacha: Nigerian Leader That Never Travelled Outside The Shores Of Africa / Photo Of A Soldier Using Shovel To Eat As Plate / Ambode, Ashafa, Abike-dabiri Tipped To Replace Late Oshinowo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.