Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,841 members, 7,930,915 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 11:45 AM

Would You Read Thru A Phone Left In your Care? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Read Thru A Phone Left In your Care? (2647 Views)

See Video Of How Tanzania Girl Left In Pit For 8 Months By Boyfriend Was Rescued / I Am In A State Of Dilemma- Should I Give My Boyfriend A Phone? / My Girl's Younger Sister Sent Me Her Unclad Photos Because I Bought Her A Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Read Thru A Phone Left In your Care? by jkpretty(f): 2:27pm On Apr 14, 2008
My good friend is going through this fix now. Although i thought there wasn't much to it Initially. She met this new guy some months back, that she describes as second to none. His intension was made known to her but she hasn't given her word, she likes the guy no doubt and they've been hanging out together a lot. She mistakenly forgets her phone in his house and didn't realize until she got home. She was dropped late at night, (Saturday) I guess they couldn't see the next day (Sunday) due to excusable reasons to get her phone back. The guy sent the phone this morning, to her in her office.

We've been talking on IM now for hours, because she thinks the guy(her intended boyfi) would have read through her text messages. Which includes messages from 'admirers'. And she thinks he might start thinking differently about her. I kept saying "he might not".

So my house mates, if a phone was left in your care for "two nights". Would u be tempted to look through it all. I ask this question because i think i will.
Re: Would You Read Thru A Phone Left In your Care? by iice(f): 2:35pm On Apr 14, 2008
I have no problems most times about a person going through my phone. So long as the person is a good friend of mine. I however don't go through peoples phones unless the person specifically requested me to through it and in his/her presence.
Re: Would You Read Thru A Phone Left In your Care? by Joey82(m): 4:07pm On Apr 14, 2008
two nites and in this case some one u're asking out?
personally, i will scroll through, cant avoid that o
Re: Would You Read Thru A Phone Left In your Care? by Busta(f): 4:09pm On Apr 14, 2008
yeah, yeah, I know
but, curiousity might wanna take the better part of me undecided
Re: Would You Read Thru A Phone Left In your Care? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 14, 2008
Never been curious enough to read through someone else's letters.

A phone that doesn't belong to me is exactly the same - private. What next, going through someone elses pockets?
Re: Would You Read Thru A Phone Left In your Care? by Busta(f): 4:20pm On Apr 14, 2008
Siena:

A phone that doesn't belong to me is exactly the same - private. What next, going through someone elses pockets?

Well, true but not just anyone's phone.
But say my boyfriend, someone asking me out or someone I like . . .I might just take a peep embarassed
Re: Would You Read Thru A Phone Left In your Care? by iice(f): 4:22pm On Apr 14, 2008
A boyfriend i might. . .
But someone asking me out undecided Nah
Re: Would You Read Thru A Phone Left In your Care? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 14, 2008
@poster

yes i will
Re: Would You Read Thru A Phone Left In your Care? by Sisikill: 4:25pm On Apr 14, 2008
I'd never look through another person's phone. . . especially a guy's and I'd never be apologetic for what's on my phone when a guy looks through it.
Re: Would You Read Thru A Phone Left In your Care? by Sisikill: 4:27pm On Apr 14, 2008
Siena:

I am soooooooo with you on this!
Re: Would You Read Thru A Phone Left In your Care? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 14, 2008
Busta:

Well, true but not just anyone's phone.
But say my boyfriend, someone asking me out or someone I like . . .I might just take a peep embarassed

Busta! Busta!! Busta!!! That's naughty! wink
Re: Would You Read Thru A Phone Left In your Care? by Busta(f): 4:30pm On Apr 14, 2008
Siena:

Busta! Busta!! Busta!!! That's naughty! wink

Just saying it as it is tongue embarassed tongue grin

A lot of pple here would say they won't just to paint themselves as the good ones but deep down . . .they definately will.
Re: Would You Read Thru A Phone Left In your Care? by HRhotness(f): 4:34pm On Apr 14, 2008
yes oh
becos i'm a very curious person and its just an easy way to find out personal or not so personal things about a person embarassed
not very good i know but i'd always give into temptation
Re: Would You Read Thru A Phone Left In your Care? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 14, 2008
Problem with satisfying curiosity that way is, what you MAY find could give you sleepless nights, depending on the way you interpret what you see.
Re: Would You Read Thru A Phone Left In your Care? by jkpretty(f): 4:37pm On Apr 14, 2008
Thanx for ur responses

I told her i'll look through, if it were me. She's not really happy with this. Her upset is really getting overbearing.
Re: Would You Read Thru A Phone Left In your Care? by lizb1(f): 4:39pm On Apr 14, 2008
A phone left in my care hmmmmmmmmm  undecided
Re: Would You Read Thru A Phone Left In your Care? by somze(f): 4:40pm On Apr 14, 2008
Is there an award for starting threads?
Re: Would You Read Thru A Phone Left In your Care? by iice(f): 4:42pm On Apr 14, 2008
Siena:

Problem with satisfying curiosity that way is, what you MAY find could give you sleepless nights, depending on the way you interpret what you see.

My sentiments exactly
Re: Would You Read Thru A Phone Left In your Care? by aloib(f): 4:54pm On Apr 14, 2008
hmmm, i do that to my siblings and close friends, about omeone asking me out, i prolly might be tempted to sad sadsad
Re: Would You Read Thru A Phone Left In your Care? by loissarah: 4:57pm On Apr 14, 2008
yes, i will cuz he is my boyfriend
Re: Would You Read Thru A Phone Left In your Care? by HRhotness(f): 4:59pm On Apr 14, 2008
Siena:

i know
I've learnt not to take things at face value tho,
I always take things with a grain of salt, goes a long way to ease the mind
Re: Would You Read Thru A Phone Left In your Care? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 14, 2008
somze:

Is there an award for starting threads?
me sef no sabi oooo. i tire sha!
Re: Would You Read Thru A Phone Left In your Care? by MrPataki1: 5:13pm On Apr 14, 2008
@ Topic,

Yes I have once gone through the phone of my girlfriend. It was through that I was able to know she was dating someone else in University. When I saw the text she sent to the guy, I confronted her with it, she denied it and left my house in annoyance.

Only for her to send her brother to me, begging me for playing and dating someone else. It sure did remove the trust I had in her though henceforth

However, I have learnt to respect the privacy of others with time. And so, I will not look into her phone anyother time again except she so wishes I do.
Re: Would You Read Thru A Phone Left In your Care? by yemivictor: 5:39pm On Apr 14, 2008
Mr. Pataki:

@ Topic,

Yes I have once gone through the phone of my girlfriend. It was through that I was able to know she was dating someone else in University. When I saw the text she sent to the guy, I confronted her with it, she denied it and left my house in annoyance.

Only for her to send her brother to me, begging me for playing and dating someone else. It sure did remove the trust I had in her though henceforth

However, I have learnt to respect the privacy of others with time. And so, I will not look into her phone anyother time again except she so wishes I do.

And risk becoming a victim again!!! shocked

No way!!!

I most definately will @ every given opportunity!!!

So long as my ass is covered!!

What is wrong withg these guys & all this gentlemanliness!!!!! undecided

1 Like

Re: Would You Read Thru A Phone Left In your Care? by MrPataki1: 5:48pm On Apr 14, 2008
yemivictor:

No way!!!

You are only making her to be double secured about what she does behind your back if you continue to peep into her phone. Would you feel secured if she does the same to you?

Everyone wants privacy no matter how and in whatever form it comes. Learn to respect that in a woman and give her space even if she is your wife.
Re: Would You Read Thru A Phone Left In your Care? by tRoOE(f): 5:57pm On Apr 14, 2008
Nope snooping isn't my style just how i won't appreciate someone else looking though my phone without my permission
Re: Would You Read Thru A Phone Left In your Care? by almondjoy(f): 11:24pm On Apr 14, 2008
yemivictor:

No way!!!

he he he he he!  Very good!

tRoOE:

Nope snooping isn't my style just how i won't appreciate someone else looking though my phone without my permission

My sentiments exactly!  Nothing under this earth would make me go through another person's phone or address book or diary.  Just not ma style.  Frankly ma dear. . .I just don't give a damn about the contents.  You are welcome to snoop in mine. . .just don't bother me about the contents. If you are so bothered, then just tell me what you gonnnno do about it. . .not ma business really. I have other ways to entertain maself---------You can't be that special for all that wahala! cool
Re: Would You Read Thru A Phone Left In your Care? by ariblaze(m): 11:32pm On Apr 14, 2008
snoop, nah

but 2days you said, bet if she left that phone for that long some part of her wanted him to snoop through

cos i know how i feel whenever my phone isnt within reaching distance
Re: Would You Read Thru A Phone Left In your Care? by tRoOE(f): 3:18am On Apr 15, 2008
almondjoy:

he he he he he! Very good!

My sentiments exactly! Nothing under this earth would make me go through another person's phone or address book or diary. Just not ma style. Frankly ma dear. . .I just don't give a damn about the contents. You are welcome to snoop in mine. . .just don't bother me about the contents. If you are so bothered, then just tell me what you gonnnno do about it. . .not ma business really. I have other ways to entertain maself---------You can't be that special for all that wahala! cool
What I did not see won't hurt me abi
I just think it so childish snooping through people things, only insecure people act that way.
I dislike been bothered with unnecessary things, I get feed of argument fast, especially when he/she is asking about the contents they found in my phone
Re: Would You Read Thru A Phone Left In your Care? by Joseph6(m): 3:35am On Apr 15, 2008
[size=17pt]i would rasack the fone die abeg , there's no harm in knowledge[/size]
Re: Would You Read Thru A Phone Left In your Care? by NaJaHaJe(f): 4:41am On Apr 15, 2008
Joseph6:

[size=17pt]i would rasack the phone die abeg , there's no harm in knowledge[/size]

there's no harm in being sad, single and insecure.  grin grin grin grin

@ topic

no reason to go through the phone. I will always find out what i need to know somehow.

The way i see it . . . . .  . there must be something on my mind before i go a-scrolling through his messages. If it reaches that point and i get the urge to scroll then i'll rather talk to him. Communication is the key to  a working relationship shey?

JK darling . . . how you doing? so sorry i haven't been in touch. Please forgive me. U ok?
Re: Would You Read Thru A Phone Left In your Care? by tkb417(m): 1:54pm On Apr 15, 2008
yes, i will just glance thru
i wont read everything sha

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am A Virgin / Ladies From Broken Homes Are The Easiest Lays / Black And White

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.