Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,411 members, 7,950,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 05:23 AM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (435468 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by cooldude11: 12:54am On May 04, 2013
Hi guys, i just check the DV-2014 result and found that i have been selected for further processing. But am quite worried cuz my CN is 18,046 (eighteen thousand and forty six). Am from Nigeria and i don't really understand how the visa bulletin works. Can anyone help to tell if this CN is high or not. Thanks

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bigfrancis21: 1:15am On May 04, 2013
odunmanuel: She must av been misundastood. She was nt d one who made d law & there is absolutely noting she can do 2 help u. D rules cnt b bent by anybody 4 anybody & u cant b an exception. OK?
My initial concern for him was knowing if he was/is under 21 years. And he said he's 19. He has no problem at all. All his mother has to do is simply include him as her son. The guy has no problem whatsoever.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bigfrancis21: 1:17am On May 04, 2013
cooldude11: Hi guys, i just check the DV-2014 result and found that i have been selected for further processing. But am quite worried cuz my CN is 18,046 (eighteen thousand and forty six). Am from Nigeria and i don't really understand how the visa bulletin works. Can anyone help to tell if this CN is high or not. Thanks
And we have another winner in the house!!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bigfrancis21: 1:24am On May 04, 2013
ManTiger: I just kesko for one corner dey look.
There may be another draw by Oct 22nd just like last year. But did anybody noticed that the numbers of winner grew from 100k to 125k? Maybe i will show you a snapshot when i'm on PC.

I've thought about that jump in number too. I could only come up with one reason for that. The DV lottery people sense that the program may no longer be around till the ending of this year and seeing that they got not much time left they decided to select a sufficient amount of winners to ensure that they are able to get the 50,000 people they need to fill up the visa allocation. This number they selected so that if the program gets eliminated now now, they still have a lot to ensure that they allocate all 50,000 visas. If you notice they never mentioned anything like checking back again in October for a second batch selection like they used to do in previous years.

Maybe the extra 25,000 they used to select in October in previous years, they've already selected them now now. tongue tongue
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by opeyemayomide(f): 3:40am On May 04, 2013
o

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by tinacrl01(m): 4:05am On May 04, 2013
The results of this lottery will be only announced online. Unlike several years ago, the Department of State won’t send mails and notifications to lucky winners. Checking ESC promptly is important for selectees, to provide ample time for next steps in the Diversity Visa application process.

Currently there is a debate in U.S. Senate to change the regulations of Diversity Immigrant Visa. At this time, only lucky entrants are able to obtain United States Permanent Resident Card. Base on recent proposals, a new system will be introduced by 2017 in order to rank entrants, and give away Green Card according to merit.

The Department of State has also advised entrants to keep their confirmation number until at least June 30, 2014. Additional entries may be selected in October 2013.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ceejay80s(m): 5:51am On May 04, 2013
tina_crl01: The results of this lottery will be only announced online. Unlike several years ago, the Department of State won’t send mails and notifications to lucky winners. Checking ESC promptly is important for selectees, to provide ample time for next steps in the Diversity Visa application process.

Currently there is a debate in U.S. Senate to change the regulations of Diversity Immigrant Visa. At this time, only lucky entrants are able to obtain United States Permanent Resident Card. Base on recent proposals, a new system will be introduced by 2017 in order to rank entrants, and give away Green Card according to merit.

The Department of State has also advised entrants to keep their confirmation number until at least June 30, 2014. Additional entries may be selected in October 2013.
that one na lie, no rise hopes.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 7:00am On May 04, 2013
tina_crl01: The results of this lottery will be only announced online. Unlike several years ago, the Department of State won’t send mails and notifications to lucky winners. Checking ESC promptly is important for selectees, to provide ample time for next steps in the Diversity Visa application process.

people keep looking for hope where there is none. i was accused of being negative minded by a friend here on nairaland.
though it is painful that most of us weren't selected,after participating in this dv lottery(i started way back in 1996,paper type),we should learn to let go.some other opportunities will arise,like the re vamped lottery based on merit,family ties etc.

it doesn't help anyone if false hope is kept burning.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 7:27am On May 04, 2013
bigfrancis21:
My initial concern for him was knowing if he was/is under 21 years. And he said he's 19. He has no problem at all. All his mother has to do is simply include him as her son. The guy has no problem whatsoever.

Even when he was not included when the lottery was played? So the mother forgot that she has a child or the child that played the lottery for the mother forgot that she is her mother?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 7:28am On May 04, 2013

Any official link to that claim?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by giddadon(m): 7:53am On May 04, 2013
My first lottery trial and i wasnt selected...well God knws best and i was tinking guys will dey be any october batch dis year?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by giddadon(m): 7:58am On May 04, 2013
Will there be anoda selection dis year? And if so what month and date is it pls i need an answer
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by giddadon(m): 8:01am On May 04, 2013
Journi2America: You guys should chew, more results will be release. It reads not selected @ this time, keeping checking......this could be to ease the administration of the Visa process ,keep cool n watchout! GOD BLESS AMERICA N GOD BLESS ISREAL!
dat nah english...not selected means not selected,at dis time na fisi broda
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by giddadon(m): 8:07am On May 04, 2013
adeniyisavage:

doesnt mean it will carry over to dv2014
how sure are u guys dat there will be anoda selection by june,july and october,i tut it was only 4 october and is it certain cuz its not on their site dis year
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ManTiger(m): 8:18am On May 04, 2013
bigfrancis21:

I've thought about that jump in number too. I could only come up with one reason for that. The DV lottery people sense that the program may no longer be around till the ending of this year and seeing that they got not much time left they decided to select a sufficient amount of winners to ensure that they are able to get the 50,000 people they need to fill up the visa allocation. This number they selected so that if the program gets eliminated now now, they still have a lot to ensure that they allocate all 50,000 visas. If you notice they never mentioned anything like checking back again in October for a second batch selection like they used to do in previous years.

Maybe the extra 25,000 they used to select in October in previous years, they've already selected them now now. tongue tongue
Very correct.
Could we assume that CO will be lenient with issuance of Visa?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 9:06am On May 04, 2013
Congratulation to everyone selected for DV2014. Pls be very careful while filling your forms and make sure u try as much as possible to say the truth, pray as well and fast. Learn to ask questions

God help u all.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ernestleon(m): 9:44am On May 04, 2013
I'm having some problems with the difference between a long birth cert. and a short birth cert. I'm having the green type from the National Populations Commission with me here in Italy but I'm not sure if this is what they require.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bigfrancis21: 10:55am On May 04, 2013

Please how sure are you of the bolded? Did you see it quoted on their website? Do drop the link where you saw the info. I'd love to have the link. Thanks.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bigfrancis21: 10:57am On May 04, 2013
justwise: [/b]

Even when he was not included when the lottery was played? So the mother forgot that she has a child or the child that played the lottery for the mother forgot that she is her mother?

Yes. It is not a problem. It will be assumed that she was in a hurry to submit the form or maybe someone else or an agent applied for her. Its not a problem once there's a birth certificate and couples of family pictures from childhood through adulthood to confirm both are mother and son.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bigfrancis21: 11:03am On May 04, 2013
ManTiger:
Very correct.
Could we assume that CO will be lenient with issuance of Visa?
I wouldn't know for sure. We can only hope for the best outcome. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 11:26am On May 04, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Yes. It is not a problem. It will be assumed that she was in a hurry to submit the form or maybe someone else or an agent applied for her. Its not a problem once there's a birth certificate and couples of family pictures from childhood through adulthood to confirm both are mother and son.

That is not true, no assumption here, if your name was not in that form during application you stand no chance of getting visa, if the principal applicant puts your name both of you will be refused. That is the rule.

Birth certificate could be forged, so presenting it proofs nothing

2 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 11:32am On May 04, 2013
justwise:

That is not true, no assumption here, if your name was not in that form during application you stand no chance of getting visa, if the principal applicant puts your name both of you will be refused. That is the rule.

Birth certificate could be forged, so presenting it proofs nothing

You're right.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 11:42am On May 04, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Read this https://www.nairaland.com/927190/dv-2013-winners-meet-here/415#14002885

Seye4God's post
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Philipsdael(m): 12:24pm On May 04, 2013
A friend of mine has been applying for the DV-Lottery since we graduated from high-school together. 7 yrs later i decided that he should come with me and my younger bro so we can apply for it somewhere at Festac-town..... We went there, did the registering and application.......yesterday, he checked his entry and he was selected....."damn!!! i am effing Happy for him" lemme eat this food quickly, me and ma bro will bounce to a nearby cafe...
"Oluwa should make it work for the remaining 2 of us"
(((am already Happy for ma bosom friend)))
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by foxybaby(f): 1:45pm On May 04, 2013
Lord am greatful for choosen me to be among d luck winners, join me in giving him thanks.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by obamaobama: 2:02pm On May 04, 2013
I think that another batch of winners hav been release make i run go recheck my own 4 kcc cyber cafe at no.6 ewekoro road
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Philipsdael(m): 2:08pm On May 04, 2013
Philipsdael: A friend of mine has been applying for the DV-Lottery since we graduated from high-school together. 7 yrs later i decided that he should come with me and my younger bro so we can apply for it somewhere at Festac-town..... We went there, did the registering and application.......yesterday, he checked his entry and he was selected....."damn!!! i am effing Happy for him" lemme eat this food quickly, me and ma bro will bounce to a nearby cafe...
"Oluwa should make it work for the remaining 2 of us"
(((am already Happy for ma bosom friend)))
HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED
thats what i saw!!!
Mehn.....9ja hustling continues!!!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by giddadon(m): 2:24pm On May 04, 2013
obamaobama: I think that another batch of winners hav been release make i run go recheck my own 4 kcc cyber cafe at no.6 ewekoro road
stop the false info nah,its nt funny 4 does dat werent selected
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 2:35pm On May 04, 2013
cooldude11: Hi guys, i just check the DV-2014 result and found that i have been selected for further processing. But am quite worried cuz my CN is 18,046 (eighteen thousand and forty six). Am from Nigeria and i don't really understand how the visa bulletin works. Can anyone help to tell if this CN is high or not. Thanks

Not to worry, your case number is not too high.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by foxybaby(f): 2:45pm On May 04, 2013
verily verily you are good/2x Jesus you are good. Praiseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood,God has done it for me am among d luck winner indeed you r God, may God perfect that wish he has started in my life.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 04, 2013
maasoap: The expiry dates on form DS 230 showed dates like 10/29/2012, 21/03/2013 when we are in May 2013. Can we still fill these forms with this expiry date?

You can still use it. It's helpful to visit forums.immigrations.com. You'll read experiences from other past winners and can be sure to get appropriate responses to your questions.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by mayankho(f): 2:55pm On May 04, 2013
Philipsdael:
HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED
thats what i saw!!!
Mehn.....9ja hustling continues!!!

I am not selected too hustling continues...

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (264) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.