Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,205 members, 7,891,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 07:30 AM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (431455 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by maikeal: 2:44pm On Dec 04, 2013
I Believe in this next visa bulletin, I'll be current.. So shall it be. Amen

2 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 3:01pm On Dec 04, 2013
maikeal: I Believe in this next visa bulletin, I'll be current.. So shall it be. Amen
What's your CN like?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ItyRoyal(m): 3:12pm On Dec 04, 2013
jigga40: It was my beautiful wifey dat was selected too!!! Women are wonderful and powerful! God bless them for us(men)! Amen!

@Jigga, et al....shouldn't we form an association of favoured husbands?? i cant stop blessing our wives and ladies in this house o
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by lagbabe: 3:16pm On Dec 04, 2013
kevwe_flex:

I contacted the moderator on permitting us to drop contact here, but he declined and says we should make use of the nairaland email system which I have used to contact some of us here like @buklan4real as well. I think by the time we get our contacts, we can also connect via facebook, instead of creating another group in there. That's my take on it.

Peace!
great!I got ityRoyal's pm nd we are about exchanging numbers nd BBM pins,I'd also send to some pple nd would expect from more pple too.I think we should be able to come out wit something fantastica!!!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by lagbabe: 3:20pm On Dec 04, 2013
ItyRoyal:

Hmmm.......thinking....@Obatide, Lagbabe, Kevwe, buklan4real@yah, G2Glory, what do you think? grin
uhmmmm,not a bad one,am game.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ekwynox: 3:22pm On Dec 04, 2013
Sorry this is coming very late but it is because of some exigencies.
My visa was approved yesterday 3rd December. My interview time was 10am.
I arrived at the embassy around 9.15am. One of the policemen on duty at the gate almost got me off my foot when I asked the way i should into the embassy. he told me i was already late but i should go and try my luck. On getting to the gate, the attendant there told me that those for 10am appointment are told to wait outside until 9.30am. This gave me a big relief. So before you ask questions, try to ask a reliable source to avoid unnecessary panic. At 9.30am, we were ushered in under tight security one after the other. The attendant collected my appointment letter and tore off the front page, gave back the remaining pages to me. She also gave me a blue card and some papers for payment. Please, try and keep those papers intact. They will ask for it later. From that point, i passed through four security gate, the last one being an automated scanner. Please avoid coming to the embassy with powder, liquids, make-ups, snacks, metal objects and phones because you won't be allowed to take them in and disposing of such may cause you some panic. I dropped my phones and other gadgets at home before coming. At the last door, i was issued a number B429. After some time, my name was called and i was asked to go and make payments before the submission of documents. After that, my documents were submitted and then waited for the interview proper.
the interview came around past eleven or some minutes before twelve.
Before the interview, i saw the CO, a beautiful black lady, scrutinizing my degree certificate, he even called another CO to help him do that, the man immediately confirmed to him that the seal is for authentication. I think that was because my certificate has some seals from the federal ministry of education, abuja, when i intended going to austria for my masters. Not quite long, my number beeped at that window and the interview went thus:
CO: Good morning
Me: Good morning
CO: Are you blah blah?
Me: yes
CO: Do you swear to say the truth
Mes: Yes, yes
CO; ok, sign this form
Me: signed
CO: i want to take your fingerprints
Me: i obliged
CO: have you traveled out of Nigeria before? (I know it was because of the seal on all my certificates from the ministry that made her ask that)
Me: No, i haven't
CO: cool, what is your highest level of education
Me: University degree in blah blah blah
CO: sorry please, started discussing with another CO, after some time, he called the short form of my first name, nonso. at that point, i suspected she is ibo. when did you finish your university education?
Me: 2011
CO: Have you done your NYSC?
CO: where?
Me: blah blah blah
CO: What was your primary assignment?
Me: Teaching
CO: what did you teach?
Me: biology and chemistry
CO: what was the age of your students?
Me: smiles, say between 15 - 18 years, the normal age of ss3 students
CO: good. what are you doing now?
CO: Are you married?
Me: No, of course, am single
CO: have you any kid?
Me: smiles, not all
CO: you have satisfied me, you visa has been approved. brought two white papers and started explaining about how to pay USCIS fee and how to pick up visa. I was happy, though i was listening to her but happiness couldn't allow me to hear her well unlike when she was interviewing me.

So, my fellow forumites help me thank God. I equally pray that the God that did it for me will do so for all of you. the VISA is all yours in the mighty name of JESUS! Amen.

4 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by G2Glory(m): 3:24pm On Dec 04, 2013
ItyRoyal:

Hmmm.......thinking....@Obatide, Lagbabe, Kevwe, buklan4real@yah, G2Glory, what do you think? grin

Nigeria will be a nice idea as we all have different destinations in USA. Is it allow here to fix the date & venue on this forum?

or do we need to network through other means to achieve that? - Just to ensure we do not breach the set rules.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by lagbabe: 3:25pm On Dec 04, 2013
buklan4real@yah:

Tink we shud have it ova dere; cos our interveiw dates are diff. nd might wants to leave ealier....

members pls, contribute
not a bad idea too,we can keep in touch till this fiscal year ends and have the time out over there,am I making sense?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by maikeal: 3:28pm On Dec 04, 2013
kevwe_flex:
What's your CN like?
2014AF000088** and urs?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by G2Glory(m): 3:31pm On Dec 04, 2013
ekwynox: Sorry this is coming very late but it is because of some exigencies.
I arrived at the embassy around 9.15am. One of the policemen on duty at the gate almost got me off my foot when I asked the way i should into the embassy. he told me i was already late but i should go and try my luck. On getting to the gate, the attendant there told me that those for 10am appointment are told to wait outside until 9.30am. This gave me a big relief. So before you ask questions, try to ask a reliable source to avoid unnecessary panic. At 9.30am, we were ushered in under tight security one after the other. The attendant collected my appointment letter and tore off the front page, gave back the remaining pages to me. She also gave me a blue card and some papers for payment. Please, try and keep those papers intact. They will ask for it later. From that point, i passed through four security gate, the last one being an automated scanner. Please avoid coming to the embassy with powder, liquids, make-ups, snacks, metal objects and phones because you won't be allowed to take them in and disposing of such may cause you some panic. I dropped my phones and other gadgets at home before coming. At the last door, i was issued a number B429. After some time, my name was called and i was asked to go and make payments before the submission of documents. After that, my documents were submitted and then waited for the interview proper.
Before the interview, i saw the CO, a beautiful black lady, scrutinizing my degree certificate, he even called another CO to help him do that, the man immediately confirmed to him that the seal is for authentication. I think that was because my certificate has some seals from the federal ministry of education, abuja, when i intended going to austria for my masters. Not quite long, my number beeped at that window and the interview went thus:
CO; ok, sign this form
CO: have you traveled out of Nigeria before? (I know it was because of the seal on all my certificates from the ministry that made her ask that)
CO: sorry please, started discussing with another CO, after some time, he called the short form of my first name, nonso. at that point, i suspected she is ibo. when did you finish your university education?
CO: you have satisfied me, you visa has been approved. brought two white papers and started explaining about how to pay USCIS fee and how to pick up visa. I was happy, though i was listening to her but happiness couldn't allow me to hear her well unlike when she was interviewing me.

So, my fellow forumites help me thank God. I equally pray that the God that did it for me will do so for all of you. the VISA is all yours in the mighty name of JESUS! Amen.

Congratulations all the way. It shall be permanent. My advice is for those that have been granted visa is to start working on how process their transcript for evaluation in USA before you travel.

Trust me, it might take longer than you expected & you to get it push very well otherwise it might become a nightmare if travel & expect someone to handle it for you.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by maikeal: 3:34pm On Dec 04, 2013
CO; ok, sign this form

Am so happy for you.. God bless u for sharing this testimony with us.. I pray that God that did it for u will do it for us in JESUS NAME.. amen.. safe trip to America..
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by maikeal: 3:34pm On Dec 04, 2013
CO; ok, sign this form

Am so happy for you.. God bless u for sharing this testimony with us.. I pray that God that did it for u will do it for us in JESUS NAME.. amen.. safe trip to America..
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by candytos: 3:43pm On Dec 04, 2013
apex555: good evening my e-family pls can any body in the house describe 2 me the nearest court 2 the NPC office dat I can do affidafit 4 my NPC and again Hw can I locate the NPC office 4rm ojota how mush do u think will be ok 4 me 2 do both affidafit and the certification and what are the document dat will be required thank 4 ur response in advance

you can do your affidavit at the Ikeja High court close to the Ikeja police college and Lagos state old secretariat since u stay in Ojota.
The NPC office is at Babs Anmashaun Rd opposite Ritalori Hotel and beside the NYSC secretariat in Surulere. Take a bus from Ojota to Ojuelegba and from there take another bus going to Orile drop at bus stop at the end of Bode Thomas street (tell the conductor), from there ask anyone for the Census office (NPC) as it is a walking distance from the bus stop.
The affidavit is N1,000 with a passport photograph of one of your parents and the NPC cert is 3k to 5k with two passport photos.
I pray God's favor for you.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ekwynox: 3:46pm On Dec 04, 2013
God will favour us all, Amen.
Please, do not cause your self high bp because of 2nl or when to be current. take my case for example, i was supposed to current in october, cas number AF2014000027xx. Most ppl that are current for october in nigeria received their 2nl in august and september but i never received. i sent my forms on 29th may, and the forms arrived kcc 2nd week of june. I was patient and on 18th october, my 2nl landed after more than two months and i was booked for appointment on the 3rd of december. i thanked God and started preparing my documents little by little. so be patient, when it is your turn, you will surely get it. Just commit everything into the hands of God and pray very well.
also, for those saying that the people that have appointment by 10am don't make it. in fact, most people that i saw their interview by that 10am made it. they were all beaming with smiles except for a set of three people that didn't cum with three passports, they came with one passport each and i think they are together, but what i don't know is whether they are dv winners but am sure they are seeking immigrants visa but i don't whether its dv. they were frustrated and there interview was also rescheduled but they were later permitted to go and snap passports. please cum with your 2 x 2 white backgroung passport, up to 4 copies to avoid such trouble.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 3:49pm On Dec 04, 2013
CO; ok, sign this form

I rejoice with you. Congratulations!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by jigga40(m): 3:50pm On Dec 04, 2013
ItyRoyal:

@Jigga, et al....shouldn't we form an association of favoured husbands?? i cant stop blessing our wives and ladies in this house o
Dats wat am talking about ma guy!!!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by XYZZ(m): 3:58pm On Dec 04, 2013
House, for those who have paid their USCIS fee, pls what is A-number or alien number? I am trying to find it on the visa. Please where is it on the visa?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by jigga40(m): 3:59pm On Dec 04, 2013
CO; ok, sign this form

Congratulations! Tanks a lot 4 sharing!!!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by mrrule: 4:08pm On Dec 04, 2013
Am happy for you congratulations
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by TCPonly(m): 4:51pm On Dec 04, 2013
@ekwynox,
Am happy for you.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Doublegold: 4:59pm On Dec 04, 2013
A big congratulations to everyone that got their visa yesterday! I rejoice with u all cos I believe everyone on this great and success-ladden forum will rejoice with me too when it's my time.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by MUTEAU(m): 5:13pm On Dec 04, 2013
[quote author=janut]Our interview was quite unique. You will know why @ the end.
We got to the embassy @ about 5:55, and met people there as usual. After some time we were told to form queues according to immigrant and non immigrant.We went through various security checks and they also checked their list to confirm if we had appointment for the day.
Getting in we paid N109000 I.e for 2 persons. Pls keep all the papers they give you before entering.
After paying we submitted our documents and was asked to wait for our interview.
At about past 9 am we were called for our interview.
C/o: please both of u should raise ur right hand and swear to say the whole truth during the interview.
He took our finger prints after which the interview started.
C/o: what's ur highest level of education
Me: ...
C.o: what year
Me:.....
C.o: what course.
me:...
C.o: when did u serve
Me:...
C.o: where
C.o what was ur task there
C.o:when did u get married
C.o: where
Me:..
C.o: is it church , registry or both
C.o: when did u meet ur wife
Me:.....
C.o: why did u wait so long b4 marrying
her
Me:....
C.o:do u have wedding pictures
Me: ....
C.o: who is that little boy the picture
C.o: who is that little girl in the picture
C.o brought out two white papers and explained to us where to pick up our visa and hw to pay uscis fee.
We thanked him and left.
In all of this the c.o did not ask my wife a single question even though she was right beside me.
Please alwz say d truth. I used a wrong date of birth during my initial application and the c.o asked me about it which I confirmed and he was satisfied.
I wish those yet to get their visa all the best. It can only be God.

@janut
Congratulations! to you and your family.there was a wrong DOB during my own case too,
but......

2 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by candytos: 5:18pm On Dec 04, 2013
timimoyegun:

My brother,
I will advise u to contact KCC, info them of your latest situation
Most likely you will need to fill another DS form for U and your wife
U will also need to attach your marriage certificate with d forms when sending it back
And also be ready to defend this case boldly in front of the CO.

Get as much as possible of all necessary documents to prove you were married and it was a mistake
u fill the entry form as single.

With prayers, nothing is impossible, there was a case just like yours during d last set and d man was to
to go back home and come back with her wife for a new interwive session, at last they got their visa approved.

Call KCC, get ur data's ready, I.e ur full name, Case no and Year of birth.
Get back to me as soon as u have.

Success is ours.

Bro, I beg to disagree on this one, if you inform them you were married before you applied for the visa lottery (the application done by your friend) the standing rule is that you will be disqualified (please read the DV rules properly) and note you already sent your DS forms confirming you are single, so any attempt now to change your marital status will be seen as fraud and automatic disqualification. If u inform KCC that you are married they will accept your new form and send you ur 2NL, but your inconsistency will be noted in your file and the embassy will wait for u collect your money for visa processing for you and your dependents and then disqualify you, this is hard fact.
you have two options to this challenge you are in
1. Convince your wife to let you go as single then at a later date you will arrange to file for her to join you. You will be filing for her as if you got married after you migrated to US. This option is much safer, but there is a awaiting period and requires a lot of patience and faithfulness from both of you.

2. Take the advise above by timmoyegun, its risky but with fasting and prayer there is nothing God cannot do for a faithful child, you might find favor with the CO, when you open up truthfully to him/her.

I wish u God's divine favor in whatever decision you are taking.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by seyioreaje: 5:49pm On Dec 04, 2013
justwise: Congratulations to DV 2014 lottery winners.

You can comment/make your inquiries here.

Please i beg you in the name of whichever God you believe in...no dropping of contact details here for private chat,
Lets have the questions,contributions and answers openly here.

'Agents'? you know the drill...stay away

Thank you.

https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/esc/
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by jigga40(m): 5:58pm On Dec 04, 2013
candytos:

Bro, I beg to disagree on this one, if you inform them you were married before you applied for the visa lottery (the application done by your friend) the standing rule is that you will be disqualified (please read the DV rules properly) and note you already sent your DS forms confirming you are single, so any attempt now to change your marital status will be seen as fraud and automatic disqualification. If u inform KCC that you are married they will accept your new form and send you ur 2NL, but your inconsistency will be noted in your file and the embassy will wait for u collect your money for visa processing for you and your dependents and then disqualify you, this is hard fact.
1. Convince your wife to let you go as single then at a later date you will arrange to file for her to join you. You will be filing for her as if you got married after you migrated to US. This option is much safer, but there is a awaiting period and requires a lot of patience and faithfulness from both of you.

2. Take the advise above by timmoyegun, its risky but with fasting and prayer there is nothing God cannot do for a faithful child, you might find favor with the CO, when you open up truthfully to him/her.

EXACTLY!!! Jus wats on ma mind!!! I wish him d best.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by seyioreaje: 6:28pm On Dec 04, 2013
maikeal: I Believe in this next visa bulletin, I'll be current.. So shall it be. Amen
Good day people,i just check my result and i won.my case no is 2014AF0000016* and this is december,please can still send my package to kcc.I don't know if my case number is high or low.2 when i enter for dv i enter as married because we did only engagement and we have two kids.My question is should i go to registry now or will it spoil my chance.Please my people i need your reply.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by femishow2005(m): 6:28pm On Dec 04, 2013
CO; ok, sign this form

Congrats bro.. it's the Lord's doing & Marvelous in our eyes. I'm happy for you o. If not for God it Can only be HIM. We key into you testimony. More of successful testimonies we prayed Oh God.. Faith Works Wonders
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ernestleon(m): 6:28pm On Dec 04, 2013
XYZZ: House, for those who have paid their USCIS fee, pls what is A-number or alien number? I am trying to find it on the visa. Please where is it on the visa?
It's written on the brown evelope
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by rantileye: 6:36pm On Dec 04, 2013
Regards to your advice here CANDYTOS, please can u shed more light to you first under listed advice . I mean how long does it take for someone to bring his or her love to USA in case of such situation happen?
candytos:

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by femishow2005(m): 6:38pm On Dec 04, 2013
seyioreaje: Good day people,i just check my result and i won.my case no is 2014AF0000016* and this is december,please can still send my package to kcc.I don't know if my case number is high or low.2 when i enter for dv i enter as married because we did only engagement and we have two kids.My question is should i go to registry now or will it spoil my chance.Please my people i need your reply.

Firstly I'll say a big congratulations to you. it's never too late to send your forms to kcc. Just read the instructions before filling the forms and send it via e-mail. Also go and Legalized your marriage at the court. Hope you've enough pics? Guru in the house will add more.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 7:09pm On Dec 04, 2013
Good day fellow members of this Great forum, May God crown all our efforts with success.
Thank God for all the success stories we have been hearing, May His name only be praised and I pray that GOD will favour the rest of us.
About the issue of Sharing cantacts, I so much like it but we should not Forget the primary purpose of locating this forum, which I think to many, is: to get information which will aid our successful interview whilst Running away from Agents.
EVERY BODY COULD REMEMBER his/her FIRST EVER POST/READING ON NAIRALAND as evidence of my claim.
In view of this, I suggest we present issues here for different opinion and suggestions (There is safety in multitude of cancel) then PM any member you wished to have personal chat with, this will make the thread grow the more and serves as Reference to future members.
However as G2glory points, We should look beyond issues of interview and discuss FLIGHT BOOKING, CARRER IN USA, ACCOMODATION, HOW TO SETTLE IN QUICKLY and so on, to make the forum more lively

on this below, im in for Good
ItyRoyal:
@buklan4real@yah....You ladies are wonderful....i am advocating that all the ladies in the house be given a very special treat at a day we'll all agree if all the suggestions scale thru....
If we can do PART 1, in 9ja now then we plan ahead of 2014 Thanksgiving day in USA and continue from there.
may I chip in this; those who have secure their VISA, pls migrate on time so as to settle down fast in other to be our secondary hosts grin grin grin
Any more suggestions?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bukiemma(m): 7:30pm On Dec 04, 2013
ernestleon: It's written on the brown evelope

Wow... Mr Earnest, so u are still in dis forum. I tot u ran away immediately after u received ur visa #kidding... But its been a while since u posted here oo.. How's life? Hope all is well

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (264) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.