Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,288 members, 7,891,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 11:38 AM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (431480 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Godsspeed: 8:21pm On Dec 16, 2013
okeymen: Ok so this is how it goes... Obatide wakes me up at 4am to prepare, we dilly dally and lazy around till 6am before we leave the house and get there before 6.30am just as they started calling people so we we joined the queue and were last at the time and I said 'oh good so we can sit back and watch other interviews and have more to put on nairaland' but that was not to be. There was a couple that almost didn't show up with anything and said they just got a call to come that day. Well u know they can't be part of this forum so be grateful u are. We were just a few minutes on the line when the kids started complaining they wanted to sit down cos we had done so much the day before on quadbikes, jetskies and go karts (men Lag na fun place sha) so I cld not blame them. By the time we collected our blue tags to cross the road to the embassy proper, my son asked if we had finished cheesy.
The only person that wasn't so nice there was the lady we paid the $330 to. It was like nothing I had imagined. We were called to submit our documents and I saw the forms I had sent to KCC earlier right there. We ended up submitting 3 sets of passports instead of the 2 others are asked for but they returned all the ones we submitted to KCC. Please be sure u have up to 6 months validity before ur passport expires or u may have issues.
The kids and I were all asleep in the hall when our number showed...we didn't even know the interviews had started cos it turns out we were the first. When we did, we packed our stuff, carried the kids and staggered to window 16, where we met the famous pretty black american lady and after the oath and finger prints

Co: so u played the lottery urself
Me: yes I did
Co: highest bla bla
Me: bsc
Co: where?
Me: UI
Co: oh I love that school
Me: really? How nice
Co: its a good school
Co: where do u work, what sort of company and what is ur role
Me: blah blah
Co: ur wife?
Co: so when did u get married?
Wifey: blah blah
Co: any family photos?
Me: lots of them
Co: I just need a few...ok so pick up ur visa from blah blah on monday and don't forget there are holidays next week. Congrats and welcome to yankee and that was it Folks. Glory to God in the highest and thanks to my friends on nairaland who will commit their personal resources to ensure we all come out successful. So despite making a mistake as to when we got married (of course we corrected it at once) and looking sleepy and tired, God stood up for us!
Glory!!! Its only God that does such miracles, glory to His Name! And congratulations to you and your family!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by agbeke17: 8:39pm On Dec 16, 2013
Congrats okeymen.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Atandaishola794(m): 8:42pm On Dec 16, 2013
@Okeyman and adeadedayor, congratulations on your success. May the luck and the success follow u to the US IJN. For those of us still awaiting our interview, may the luck, favour & mercy that the God released to you be extend ed to us too IJN.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by westcodes(m): 9:25pm On Dec 16, 2013
Congratulations folks, happy to read great news on this forum, many more to come.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 9:59pm On Dec 16, 2013
blessed512: Hello my e-family! Trust the Lord is helping us. Pls will a DV lottery winner be regarded as US citizen or a Legal Permanent Resident? I'm confused... Smile!!!

Greetings!
A DV lottery winner will become an LPR (Lawful Permanent Resident) after successful interview not just because one is selected. If permanent residence is granted, the winner (and his/her family, if applicable) receives an immigrant visa in their passport(s) that has to be "activated" within six months of issuance at any port of entry to the United States. The new immigrant receives a stamp on the visa as proof of lawful admittance to the United States, and the individual is now authorized to live and work permanently in the United States. Finally, the actual "green card" typically arrives by mail within a few months.
Any person not a citizen of the United States who is residing the in the U.S. under legally recognized and lawfully recorded permanent residence as an immigrant. Also known as "Permanent Resident Alien," "Resident Alien Permit Holder," and "Green Card Holder." source
A lawful permanent resident can apply for United States citizenship, or naturalization, after five years of residency. This period is shortened to three years if married to a U.S. citizen. Lawful Permanent Residents may submit their applications for naturalization as early as 90 days before meeting the residency requirement. Citizens are entitled to more rights (and obligations) than permanent residents (who are still classified as aliens in this respect). Lawful Permanent Residents generally do not have the right to vote, the right to be elected in federal and state elections, the ability to bring family members to the United States (permanent residents are allowed to sponsor certain family members,[10] but this is often not practical due to long approval delays),[11][12] or eligibility for federal government jobs. Male permanent residents between the ages of 18 and 25 are subject to registering in the Selective Service System. Permanent residents who reside in the United States must pay taxes on their worldwide income, like U.S. citizens. [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permanent_residence_%28United_States%29]Source[/url]

Shalom

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kennex89(m): 10:07pm On Dec 16, 2013
please house i will like to know the time frame when the 2nl will arrive from the time the time one becomes current till when the 2nl arrives.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ItyRoyal(m): 10:32pm On Dec 16, 2013
okeymen: Ok so this is how it goes... Obatide wakes me up at 4am to prepare, we dilly dally and lazy around till 6am before we leave the house and get there before 6.30am just as they started calling people so we we joined the queue and were last at the time and I said 'oh good so we can sit back and watch other interviews and have more to put on nairaland' but that was not to be. There was a couple that almost didn't show up with anything and said they just got a call to come that day. Well u know they can't be part of this forum so be grateful u are. We were just a few minutes on the line when the kids started complaining they wanted to sit down cos we had done so much the day before on quadbikes, jetskies and go karts (men Lag na fun place sha) so I cld not blame them. By the time we collected our blue tags to cross the road to the embassy proper, my son asked if we had finished cheesy.
The only person that wasn't so nice there was the lady we paid the $330 to. It was like nothing I had imagined. We were called to submit our documents and I saw the forms I had sent to KCC earlier right there. We ended up submitting 3 sets of passports instead of the 2 others are asked for but they returned all the ones we submitted to KCC. Please be sure u have up to 6 months validity before ur passport expires or u may have issues.
The kids and I were all asleep in the hall when our number showed...we didn't even know the interviews had started cos it turns out we were the first. When we did, we packed our stuff, carried the kids and staggered to window 16, where we met the famous pretty black american lady and after the oath and finger prints

Co: I just need a few...ok so pick up ur visa from blah blah on monday and don't forget there are holidays next week. Congrats and welcome to yankee and that was it Folks. Glory to God in the highest and thanks to my friends on nairaland who will commit their personal resources to ensure we all come out successful. So despite making a mistake as to when we got married (of course we corrected it at once) and looking sleepy and tired, God stood up for us!

Congratulations my brother and family! This is the Lord's doing and it is marvelous in our sight. I am sooooo happy for you and ur family. Please take it very easy when you are driving
Back to PH....the Lord Himself will grant you journey mercies IJN - Amen!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by akos123: 12:13am On Dec 17, 2013
VisaOfficer: Hi everyone -- I'm a U.S. Foreign Service Officer, and I started a thread about visa questions elsewhere in thie section. I just wanted to say a few words about Diversity Visas.

1. The rules of the program are extremely strict, and there are no exceptions. So if you entered the Diversity Visa program and did not list your spouse and all your children, you will be disqualified. Even if you wrote to KCC (Kentucky Consular Center) later and told them that you forgot to list your spouse and children, it doesn't matter. You will not receive a visa, and there is no refund. So, please, if you realize you made this mistake, do not waste your time and money. It's not worth it.

2. If a tout filled out your application for you and is trying to make you pay, SHAME ON THAT PERSON. You can check your own status without paying anyone through www.dvlottery.state.gov . Unfortunately, if you have lost your confirmation number or the tout won't give it to you, there is no way to check your status. That's why it's so important to keep your confirmation number. Edit: Hurray, I was wrong about that! You can check your status without a confirmation number now. Don't give the touts any money.

3. If a tout filled out your application for you with someone else's name and photo, and now you are considering pretending to be that person, it's not worth it. We will have YOUR photo and fingerprints on file forever, along with a note that you attempted to get a visa using a false identity. That incurs a permanent ban on ever receiving a visa to the United States.

4. Please do not enter into fraudulent marriages in an attempt to bring another person to the United States. You will end up with a charge of "attempted alien smuggling" on your record, and that will permanently bar you from entering the United States. The fake spouse in the case will end up with a charge of "material misrepresentation" and will also be permanently banned. Using a fake name won't help, because your fingerprints and photo will be on file, forever. It's not worth it.

5. If you are issued a visa, the U.S. Government will not find you a job or a place to live. The whole premise of the Diversity Visa program is that you are educationally qualified and can therefore find a way to support yourself in the United States.

6. The Department of State does NOT notify successful DV applicants by letter or e-mail, so if you receive such a letter or e-mail, it's a scam. Don't send money.

7. Most DV applicants are good, qualified applicants and have no problems getting visas. Just remember, the best policy is always to tell the truth. Truth is good. We like truth.

Best of luck to everyone!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by akos123: 12:26am On Dec 17, 2013
Thanks for the explanation.Please i will like to know if i would be required to provide Affidavit of Support as well as proof of "Not being a Public Charge" because i was selected and my Interview is coming up soon. What is the checklist like? Presently studying in UK, and the Interview is in UK.
Once again Thank you,whilst i count on your prompt response.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by coop: 2:15am On Dec 17, 2013

Congratulations , we thank God once again for the good news, it will not cease IJN. enjoi
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by adeadebayor: 2:28am On Dec 17, 2013
3 Gbosa for the people of this forum..... My appreciation goes to everybody on this forum, u guys re doing a wonderful job.

The whole thing was just like a dream because I hv been playing DV lottery for a while now...my broda it don tey, wot gave me confidence to go on was dat 2 of my friends dat we used to stay together won n now live in us ...When God says yes nobody can say no.

In 2012, I played for mysef and wife, at dat tym we re looking up to God for a child. To cut d long story short, when d result came out in may, 2013 my wife was already 6 months pregnant. I checked mine...same story but when checked my wife's result i saw a different page then i realised she has won.

We filled and submit our forms by email on June 15th and got our 2nd notification October 22nd. All documents ready December 3rd and countdown to interview begins. I used d remaining days to prepare my wife cos she is d principal applicant, in fact it was a drill.

Interview day: We got to d embassy 5.30am our appointment was 7am, by some minutes after 6am security checking started, security checking plenty o. We were checked in and we collected blue card and payment voucher and I paid for 3 pple, @ d rate of 165 to a dollar, including my boy of 3.5 months.

After which we were called at window 21 to submit our document and waiting for interview starts, during this tym my boy was in happi mood laughing in loud voice then slept off. At 10.10am we were called to window 17 where we met dis young beautiful black America.

The interview goes thus:
CO: raise your right hand, are you prepare to say the truth today?

We: we ans yes together. The CO gave us our forms to sign and my wife sign for the baby

CO: What re u doing presently?
Wife: bla bla
CO: what course
CO: mention some of the courses u offer
CO: hw long hv pple known each other
We: bla bla
CO: when did u get married
CO: what kind of marriage
CO: show me pix
We: wife opening wedding album
CO: any before pix
Wife: shown three and even explain
CO: baby pix
wife: wife flip through christening album.
CO: bring out two white papers, one for visa collection and d other for guidelines to pay ucis fee.

The interview didnt last more than 10mins..in fact we re the first family to b granted visa.

Observations:
1- ur interview wil b based on what u filled in ur forms. for those of yet to submit ur forms, fill it carefully wit info u can defend. dont put anything u cant defend in d name of impressing the interviewer. They re nt after such. like the case of my wife, we didnt include her nd because her statement of result is not available.
2- get there before tym and adhere to all instructions.

This goes to those that hv done their interview. How do I get d alien number?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Godsspeed: 4:43am On Dec 17, 2013
adeadebayor: 3 Gbosa for the people of this forum..... My appreciation goes to everybody on this forum, u guys re doing a wonderful job.

The whole thing was just like a dream because I hv been playing DV lottery for a while now...my broda it don tey, wot gave me confidence to go on was dat 2 of my friends dat we used to stay together won n now live in us ...When God says yes nobody can say no.

In 2012, I played for mysef and wife, at dat tym we re looking up to God for a child. To cut d long story short, when d result came out in may, 2013 my wife was already 6 months pregnant. I checked mine...same story but when checked my wife's result i saw a different page then i realised she has won.

We filled and submit our forms by email on June 15th and got our 2nd notification October 22nd. All documents ready December 3rd and countdown to interview begins. I used d remaining days to prepare my wife cos she is d principal applicant, in fact it was a drill.

Interview day: We got to d embassy 5.30am our appointment was 7am, by some minutes after 6am security checking started, security checking plenty o. We were checked in and we collected blue card and payment voucher and I paid for 3 pple, @ d rate of 165 to a dollar, including my boy of 3.5 months.

After which we were called at window 21 to submit our document and waiting for interview starts, during this tym my boy was in happi mood laughing in loud voice then slept off. At 10.10am we were called to window 17 where we met dis young beautiful black America.

The interview goes thus:

We: we ans yes together. The CO gave us our forms to sign and my wife sign for the baby

CO: bring out two white papers, one for visa collection and d other for guidelines to pay ucis fee.

The interview didnt last more than 10mins..in fact we re the first family to b granted visa.

Observations:
1- ur interview wil b based on what u filled in ur forms. for those of yet to submit ur forms, fill it carefully wit info u can defend. dont put anything u cant defend in d name of impressing the interviewer. They re nt after such. like the case of my wife, we didnt include her nd because her statement of result is not available.

Congratulations to you and your family, its the Lord's doing!!!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Outstandingsand(m): 6:06am On Dec 17, 2013
I thank God for his faithfulness and grace upon everyone on this trend, May his name be glorified forever..
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 8:49am On Dec 17, 2013
adeadebayor: 3 Gbosa for the people of this forum..... My appreciation goes to everybody on this forum, u guys re doing a wonderful job.

The interview goes thus:

Observations:

Three gbosa for you too. One for each of you. Congrats to your family. I wish you the best in every step taken in this your new life in Yankee. We have noted your observation and even your testimony as it is family-based. Once again, congrats.

Cheers!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by femishow2005(m): 9:02am On Dec 17, 2013

The interview goes thus:

Observations:

Wow Congrats to you and your family. It's the Lord's doing ..It can only be God .It's all about HIM . My wife and I key into your successful interview. Go and live your long America dream .we're coming soon bro...Faith Works Wonders
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Madu77(m): 9:35am On Dec 17, 2013

The interview goes thus:

Observations:

Congrats my dear. It is the Lord doing and it shall be permanent in Jesus Name Amen. Go and fulfill your dream in USA
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bukiemma(m): 9:59am On Dec 17, 2013
Good morning.. Pls this is VERY URGENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those who has paid their uscis greencard fee, how long did it take before u were able to print out ur receipt. Cos I successfully paid yesterday and my d status says "Your application has been accepted and pending review".

But I don't know where to find d receipt dat I will print out. Please help me cos I already bought a ticket for thursday flight.

PLEASE HELP!!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by candytos: 10:03am On Dec 17, 2013

The interview goes thus:

Observations:

Congratulations bro, the land of America will. B e fruitful for ur family IJN amen.
You will find your Alien number on the attached form of the brown package that will be given to u when u go to collect ur passports at DHL office. Cheers
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by pepsyne: 10:08am On Dec 17, 2013
[quote author=adeadebayor]3 Gbosa for the people of this forum..... My appreciation goes to everybody on this forum, u guys re doing a wonderful job.

The interview goes thus:

Observations:
2- get there before tym and adhere to all instruction.
Congratulations to ur family.go and live ur american dream.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bukiemma(m): 10:14am On Dec 17, 2013
Good morning.. Pls this is VERY URGENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those who has paid their uscis greencard fee, how long did it take before u were able to print out ur receipt. Cos I successfully paid yesterday and my d status says "Your application has been accepted and pending review".

But I don't know where to find d receipt dat I will print out. Please help me cos I already bought a ticket for thursday flight.

PLEASE HELP!!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by jigga40(m): 10:28am On Dec 17, 2013

The interview goes thus:

Observations:

Congratulations brother! God bless!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by lagdude: 10:48am On Dec 17, 2013

The interview goes thus:

Observations:

Congrtaulations
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by sqlerror: 11:13am On Dec 17, 2013
Gud Mrng House, please I just wanna confirm if anyone who is current has received his/her 2NL? I have. Been current since November but I am yet to get my 2NL. I called KCC sometime back and I was told that I should look out for the Dec 15th batch that I would be scheduled by then. I have checked several since then but it has not arrived.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Madu77(m): 11:23am On Dec 17, 2013
My dear please be patient with them and pray. If I may ask you, when did u send your form to KCC
This will determine when you get your 2NL because it takes upto 8weeks to process your forms.

sql-error:
Gud Mrng House, please I just wanna confirm if anyone who is current has received his/her 2NL? I have. Been current since November but I am yet to get my 2NL. I called KCC sometime back and I was told that I should look out for the Dec 15th batch that I would be scheduled by then. I have checked several since then but it has not arrived.
My dear please be patient with them and pray. If I may ask you, when did u send your form to KCC?

sql-error:
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by AnthonyLofty(m): 2:55pm On Dec 17, 2013
@kevwe_flex i sent u a PM or u add me 2 fbk tonylofty
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by gokman4u(m): 3:59pm On Dec 17, 2013
bukiemma: Good morning.. Pls this is VERY URGENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE HELP!!
Bros na sharp sharp?
On ur request,
1. Enter d site
2. Log in with ur email & password
3. On d left side of the screen lick "View Messages" and it takes u to d nxt page
4. Then, under subject, click on "Case Receipt Notice"
That's ur receipt(its in Adobe pdf)
Print it.
Safe trip bro.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by gokman4u(m): 4:07pm On Dec 17, 2013

The interview goes thus:

Observations:

3 Gbosa for that your boi
Some kids can carry super glory that liberate their family & generation.
The boi is indeed a super blessing
Congrats to you & wife.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Malcolm28(m): 4:08pm On Dec 17, 2013
[quote author=TCPonly][/quote]

Having a challenge with my Visa Package. My mother-in-law has gone to pick the package on our behalf twice (last thursday and today) and she's still being told the package hasnt been sent to the DHL center. All calls to the number they provided are not going through. I have tried the status check provided above but it gives me "invalid case number" after using my case number. I have done a mail to lagosIV@state.gov to complain/enquire. Any ideas will help cause I don't know what the problem is as other people interviewed on same day with me have collected their package.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by gokman4u(m): 4:16pm On Dec 17, 2013

The stress surely worth it
Congratulations to your family.
Cheers.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by femishow2005(m): 5:01pm On Dec 17, 2013
gokman4u:
Bros na sharp sharp?
On ur request,
1. Enter d site
2. Log in with ur email & password
3. On d left side of the screen lick "view message" and it takes u to d nxt page
4. Then, under subject, click on "case file notice"
That's ur receipt(its in Adobe pdf)
Print it.
Safe trip bro.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by rantileye: 6:06pm On Dec 17, 2013
kevwe_flex:

Greetings!
A DV lottery winner will become an LPR (Lawful Permanent Resident) after successful interview not just because one is selected. If permanent residence is granted, the winner (and his/her family, if applicable) receives an immigrant visa in their passport(s) that has to be "activated" within six months of issuance at any port of entry to the United States. The new immigrant receives a stamp on the visa as proof of lawful admittance to the United States, and the individual is now authorized to live and work permanently in the United States. Finally, the actual "green card" typically arrives by mail within a few months.
Any person not a citizen of the United States who is residing the in the U.S. under legally recognized and lawfully recorded permanent residence as an immigrant. Also known as "Permanent Resident Alien," "Resident Alien Permit Holder," and "Green Card Holder." source
A lawful permanent resident can apply for United States citizenship, or naturalization, after five years of residency. This period is shortened to three years if married to a U.S. citizen. Lawful Permanent Residents may submit their applications for naturalization as early as 90 days before meeting the residency requirement. Citizens are entitled to more rights (and obligations) than permanent residents (who are still classified as aliens in this respect). Lawful Permanent Residents generally do not have the right to vote, the right to be elected in federal and state elections, the ability to bring family members to the United States (permanent residents are allowed to sponsor certain family members,[10] but this is often not practical due to long approval delays),[11][12] or eligibility for federal government jobs. Male permanent residents between the ages of 18 and 25 are subject to registering in the Selective Service System. Permanent residents who reside in the United States must pay taxes on their worldwide income, like U.S. citizens. [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permanent_residence_%28United_States%29]Source[/url]

Shalom

Regards to the comment above, is it possible for the DV winner to come back to Nigeria to marry and take his wife down to US? and if possible, how long must the DV winner stay in the state before the wife can join and possibly d children if there is any?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by tetomo: 7:17pm On Dec 17, 2013
Once again,congratulations to those whose visas have been approved.
Pls thee guru's in the house,I need an information on the steps to follow for the payment of my Uscis fees for me and my family.This is to pls guide me well not make any mistake.Also,i want to ask if I can use a First Bank mastercard debit card since ii don't have GTB account?
Pls good people,i await responses urgently

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (264) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 261
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.