Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,432 members, 7,978,368 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 07:09 AM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (208) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (437696 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jan 07, 2014
Malcolm28:

I am headed to Houston, Texas. Someone got a studio apartment for $600 for me and is willing to help with arrangements for it but am still exploring some other options cos its on the high side. The 2 bedroom will be a good one if we the bill can be split. The snag however is that the guy helping me is too busy to scout around for me. The studio apartment he found is within the same apartment block he lives in.
will keep you posted. My facebook name is Ochi Ogewu David Malcolm I. lets connect.
Dont u think $600 per month plus other bills like energy, water, gas, garbage, etc is not too much? By the time u add all these bills to the rent you may be talking about $800 or more per month. This is much for someone who is not yet working.

May I ask why you prefer Houston? I just wanna learn cos at the moment I'm torn between Houston and Dallas .

I've added u on facebook, waiting for u to accept.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by gokman4u(m): 2:51pm On Jan 07, 2014
bosunwizzy: Thanks so much coop.i gathered al my document all well and i left the hotel at obalende (bayland suite) around 5:30.after all the security checking at the gate.we are told to line up accordingly(immigrant)i enterd the waiting where i paid my visa fee in naira which is approximately 54,500.i was told to wait for the CO.after several hours of waiting.at around 11:54 my number was call 410 at counter 16 and i met the white man.he was so friendly with me.
CO:Gud morning with smile
ME:morning
CO:raised ur right hand to swear
ME:and i did
CO:are u dauda taofeek
ME:yes
CO:where are you work
ME:am working at a pricate laboratory as a med lab sci
CO:where
ME:at university college hospital ibadan
CO:u mean u are into lab test
ME: yes
CO:have u bin to U.S. A before or bin denied visa or visit and country before
ME:no
CO:who is adewale adebayo
ME:my bro (host in new york)
CO:ur relationship with him
ME:my brother
CO:position in ir family
ME:first born
CO:ur position
ME:am the last born
CO:where is ur mummy
ME:she is in U.S.A presently
CO:OK.CONGRATULATION SEE U IN AMERICA
he broughtout two papers 1 for uscis and the 2 is for the address to pick the visa.ALHAMDULILAHI.am planing to go by march cos of my last paper to write in skool.thanks to u guys am so grateful.INSHA ALLAHU will meet at the top
Congratulations!!!
May God see you through the next steps.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by gokman4u(m): 3:01pm On Jan 07, 2014
Malcolm28:

I am headed to Houston, Texas. Someone got a studio apartment for $600 for me and is willing to help with arrangements for it but am still exploring some other options cos its on the high side. The 2 bedroom will be a good one if we the bill can be split. The snag however is that the guy helping me is too busy to scout around for me. The studio apartment he found is within the same apartment block he lives in.
will keep you posted. My facebook name is Ochi Ogewu David Malcolm I. lets connect.
Pls oo,is "Studio Apartment" another American name for "One Bedroom Apartment"?
Jst being curious though smiley
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by floadesola: 3:15pm On Jan 07, 2014
Praise God for me house. I av bn waitn for d day i'l b abl to write on ds forum. I went for my interview today and to d glory of God it was successful. I am stl overwhelmed at the moment cos i ddnt spend up to 2mins wt d consular. A very wonderful old man. Praiseeeeee God for me house. America, see u soon.

Sorry d questn: after d swearn.
Wts ur highest level of edu?
Aw old are u?
Wot do u do now?
Gbam i got d letter for visa pickup. I cant shout.

4 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ukemeglitter: 3:19pm On Jan 07, 2014
wow..... so much have been happening here.

Just a day away ooo.

That's good.

@bosunwizzy Congratulations to you on your Success.
Go and live your American Dreams.

And also thanks to all those that have replied my PM.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Madu77(m): 3:26pm On Jan 07, 2014
Congrats my dear, what a wonderful and easy interview you had. To God be the glory forever....amen. I pray for all waiting to go for their interview soonest that they will be successful in Jesus name..

floadesola: Praise God for me house. I av bn waitn for d day i'l b abl to write on ds forum. I went for my interview today and to d glory of God it was successful. I am stl overwhelmed at the moment cos i ddnt spend up to 2mins wt d consular. A very wonderful old man. Praiseeeeee God for me house. America, see u soon.

Aw old are u?
Wot do u do now?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jan 07, 2014
For those looking to relocate to the US, the ease of getting a good job should be paramount and thus should guide our decision on which state and city to move to. Read this latest report by Forbes about the 10 best cities for job growth and you will understand why I've been shouting Texas, Texas all along:
www.forbes.com/sites/danielfisher/2013/02/25/texas-dominates-the-best-cities-for-good-jobs/
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by fancywendy(m): 3:52pm On Jan 07, 2014
bosunwizzy: All glory and adoration to Almighty Allah for the successful completion of interview and visa approved.kudos to u guys(adesoji and co).am so grateful to u guys.i have sent u a friend request on yahoo mail.pls forumite,am planing to leave by march cos i have a last paper to write in school.am a medical laboratory science student of lautech.pls i need ur assistance about flight booking around that march.and again,is it advisable to stay with my brother that hus married with 3kids in new york.ur advise is really welcome pls

AL-HAMDULLILAI,I Key in to your success story. Glory be to Almighty ALLAH.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by justdre(m): 4:01pm On Jan 07, 2014
bosunwizzy: Thanks so much coop.i gathered al my document all well and i left the hotel at obalende (bayland suite) around 5:30.after all the security checking at the gate.we are told to line up accordingly(immigrant)i enterd the waiting where i paid my visa fee in naira which is approximately 54,500.i was told to wait for the CO.after several hours of waiting.at around 11:54 my number was call 410 at counter 16 and i met the white man.he was so friendly with me.
he broughtout two papers 1 for uscis and the 2 is for the address to pick the visa.ALHAMDULILAHI.am planing to go by march cos of my last paper to write in skool.thanks to u guys am so grateful.INSHA ALLAHU will meet at the top

Bosun wizzy greatest gbogbo,am also a ladokite,400L n a winner n my interview too is dis jan, hw we fit hook up for skul u can check my profile for my nunba and email ,I woukd av called u bt ur numba or email is nt in ur profile will b xpecting ur reply/call
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adeboy007(m): 4:12pm On Jan 07, 2014
Good day My wonderful E-family...... Pls i need to ask Little questions against tomorrow

1.. I want to go to NPC Office to get my Long Birth Certificate (Attestation of Birth).. do i need to collect affidavit from High Court, Ikeja?... cos a friend told me dat is not necessary for d affidavit since am not changing/manipulating my dat of Birth, .. How tru is dis?

2.... Wat are d document to hold along with me wen going to NPC office for my certificate and how much will it cost me? should i use 2 x 2 America size Passport photography?

What is PM dat u guys are talking about.. i only no d one of BBM like DP display picture, PM profile Message.. am I wright? so wat is PM and how do i make use of it cos i need to connect to some people even on my BBM, Facebook, Messenger, if possible Watsapps..

please i need a respond on time cos i intends going for d Birth Cert.. tomorrow Wednesday as earlier as 7am... all though am not yet current due to my CN which is 165**, just want to start preparing for my Civil Doc.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by chijen2(f): 4:12pm On Jan 07, 2014
hi nairalanders. Happy new year. I'm new here. I am a dv selectee with cn 2014AF000119**. When do you think my interview would be? Please someone reply grin
I can't find my original news paper change of name anymore. Only have a photocopy, would this suffice for my interview?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by rantileye: 4:30pm On Jan 07, 2014
bosunwizzy: All glory and adoration to Almighty Allah for the successful completion of interview and visa approved.kudos to u guys(adesoji and co).am so grateful to u guys.i have sent u a friend request on yahoo mail.pls forumite,am planing to leave by march cos i have a last paper to write in school.am a medical laboratory science student of lautech.pls i need ur assistance about flight booking around that march.and again,is it advisable to stay with my brother that hus married with 3kids in new york.ur advise is really welcome pls

congrat to yo my broda and wish you successful journey ahead to ur dream land.... please can you share wit us your interview experience? I also finished from lautech Biochemisty department 2010
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 4:41pm On Jan 07, 2014
@bosunwizzy:
Congratulations to you.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by buklan4realyah(f): 4:43pm On Jan 07, 2014
[quo
te author=Outstandingsand]Thank God 4 a successful interview..[/quote]

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by chijen2(f): 4:48pm On Jan 07, 2014
Please can anyone describe the NPC office to me in Lagos? I only have affidavit of birth not the birth certificate. Please how do i go about getting it from the NPC office? Please someone respond. I'm new in this forum so i don't know how to use these buttons.....
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by chijen2(f): 4:50pm On Jan 07, 2014
chijen2: hi nairalanders. Happy new year. I'm new here. I am a dv selectee with cn 2014AF000119**. When do you think my interview would be? Please someone reply grin
I can't find my original news paper change of name anymore. Only have a photocopy, would this suffice for my interview?

please someone respond!!!! please
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by mrrule: 4:55pm On Jan 07, 2014
Wow!!... it can only be God congratulations am happy for you
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bobjackson: 5:02pm On Jan 07, 2014
timimoyegun:

Nicely explained and I wish u d very best and easy interview experience.
Pls can u help me with the contact of your man @ Police HQ and what price is it?

U can P.M me thanks.
ok, bt I dnt no hw to P.M
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by chibuzz89: 5:09pm On Jan 07, 2014
kevwe_flex:

Greetings. I disagree with you on that. But that may not ruled out as well. I am a living witness of someone in this same situation whose interview was successful and visa approved that same day. A very closed friend of mine that entered for the eDV lottery by Oct 2012, got married December 2012, won when result was published May 2013, went for interview Dec 10th 2013 with visa approved that same day. Note that the burden of proof is on the person being interviewed. It may be that they weren't able to convice the CO sufficiently hence the AP.
So playing as single and married afterwards before going for the interviewed doesn't mean automatic AP. Like someone said in the forum that marriage before result could be tough, but after result is tougher.
Cheers!

@somolaniyi...I tried checking the status of muy case with the link you pasted but it's showed wrong case number...and my case number is correct...what do you think of that?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bobjackson: 5:10pm On Jan 07, 2014
gokman4u:
Congratulations!!!
May God see you through the next steps.
congrats to u, pls can giv me d exact location of the hotel baysuit cus my interview is nxt wk. And hw much u pay. Tanx
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by chibuzz89: 5:14pm On Jan 07, 2014
I will also like to know the probability for someone on administrative processing to be approved and given a visa..cos this is taking too long and frustrating...and big congrats to those who where approved today..God will give me a testimony too...
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 5:27pm On Jan 07, 2014

Congrats there.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ItyRoyal(m): 5:28pm On Jan 07, 2014
floadesola: Praise God for me house. I av bn waitn for d day i'l b abl to write on ds forum. I went for my interview today and to d glory of God it was successful. I am stl overwhelmed at the moment cos i ddnt spend up to 2mins wt d consular. A very wonderful old man. Praiseeeeee God for me house. America, see u soon.

Aw old are u?
Wot do u do now?

Wow!!!!! What a wonderful testimony you've got! The Lord is indeed a Great God! Congratulations! It's a fabulous new year gift! I wish you God's speed and Favour in all the other steps ahead! Cheers.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 5:36pm On Jan 07, 2014

Aw old are u?
Wot do u do now?

COngrats to you. Now that you have started writing on this forum, trust you'd be writing all your experiences even before and after your sojourn to the States?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by timimoyegun(m): 5:39pm On Jan 07, 2014
bobjackson: ok, bt I dnt no hw to P.M

Just click on my name and u see send timimoyegun a msg, when I accept u then you will
Be able to send me any info. Thanks
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Kaybaba65(m): 5:46pm On Jan 07, 2014
@FloAdesola, hearty congratulations! Receive grace for the journey ahead.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ItyRoyal(m): 5:52pm On Jan 07, 2014

Congratulations my brother. The Lord shall make your every step ahead easy IJN - amen. Cheers
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ItyRoyal(m): 6:01pm On Jan 07, 2014
chijen2: hi nairalanders. Happy new year. I'm new here. I am a dv selectee with cn 2014AF000119**. When do you think my interview would be? Please someone reply grin

@chijen2: congratulations on your selection and welcome to the forum. With your case number no one can really predict when exactly you would be current...but the general advise in this forum is that you follow up with the bulletin that is updated monthly and of course use this time to prepare all your documents and as much money as possible because you'll definitely need them.

On your change of name, you did not state what you intend to use it for....is your name on the initial application different from what it is now?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by wavecase: 6:12pm On Jan 07, 2014
People abeg help me out.. I marked high school, no degree in my form, does that mean I did not finish high school because I did. And do I need to send another form?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by wavecase: 6:13pm On Jan 07, 2014
wavecase: People abeg help me out.. I marked high school, no degree in my form, does that mean I did not finish high school because I did. And do I need to send another form?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by lagbabe: 6:25pm On Jan 07, 2014
Adeboy007: Good day My wonderful E-family...... Pls i need to ask Little questions against tomorrow

1.. I want to go to NPC Office to get my Long Birth Certificate (Attestation of Birth).. do i need to collect affidavit from High Court, Ikeja?... cos a friend told me dat is not necessary for d affidavit since am not changing/manipulating my dat of Birth, .. How tru is dis?

2.... Wat are d document to hold along with me wen going to NPC office for my certificate and how much will it cost me? should i use 2 x 2 America size Passport photography?

What is PM dat u guys are talking about.. i only no d one of BBM like DP display picture, PM profile Message.. am I wright? so wat is PM and how do i make use of it cos i need to connect to some people even on my BBM, Facebook, Messenger, if possible Watsapps..

please i need a respond on time cos i intends going for d Birth Cert.. tomorrow Wednesday as earlier as 7am... all though am not yet current due to my CN which is 165**, just want to start preparing for my Civil Doc.
Yes,u need affidavit from the court!it is part of the requirements.

U shld go with 2passport of any size,with affidavit,3k,nd a typed letter like an application letter which wld include the following info:

1 ur name,date of birth,place of birth,state of origin,local government of origin

2 ur father's name,state of origin,local government of origin.

3 ur mother's full names,state of origin,local government of origin.

When u get there,they would show you the format of writing the letter,u can type it opposite the office.

It's take 2weeks.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by lagbabe: 6:27pm On Jan 07, 2014
chijen2: Please can anyone describe the NPC office to me in Lagos? I only have affidavit of birth not the birth certificate. Please how do i go about getting it from the NPC office? Please someone respond. I'm new in this forum so i don't know how to use these buttons.....
its on babs animashaun road,census,surulere Lagos.

Where are u going from?

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (264) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.