Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,154 members, 7,890,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:02 AM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (431396 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 3:24am On May 12, 2013
Obatide: Thanking all instructors like Adesoji, temmytanny & d rest. Ur instruction is adding value to lifes, God bless u all as we shall meet at the top soonest.
However, we are confused about some items in the FORMS, hence, we need clarifications as follows:
1. Item no. 14 on D230 which requested 'Spouse's Maiden name or Family Name'
For d husband of d principal applicant whose wife surname has change to his on passport and other docs, what's d implication of d maiden name here on item no 31a?
2. Item 30 'city or town'. Should we write the full address? Say 10 Adesoji close................
3. Item 33, what will an undergraduate (400level, second semeter) write under ' Degree or Diploma'?
Also what occupation will interest the CO for an applicant to wish to work in d states?
4. Item 39, can the spouse of an applicant write the applicant's name here or his?
Lastly, on occupation here, for som1 who engage in buying and selling, is it best to write BUSINESS or TRADING for interview sake?

Kindly respond
1. Just put down the maiden name and please dont modify anything.
2. Put down the city's name. If it was 'address' then u would have given an elaborate detail of where u stay.
3a. Degree
b. Any legal occupation
4a. Dont know much abt this
b. Trading
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 3:28am On May 12, 2013
OneGuyLikeDat:

Pls, is d NPC compulsory? I have my normal birth certificate.
your normal birth cert will be accepted but if u have got some cash i would advice u go get d NPC's birth cert and be on a safer side. It will cost you between #3500 and #4500 depending on the area you are going to get it done.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by nwanks: 6:09am On May 12, 2013
pleas guys do u people know whether we that is not selected now stil have chance in october
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 12:05pm On May 12, 2013
nwanks: pleas guys do u people know whether we that is not selected now stil have chance in october
hopefully...
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by rcb34: 12:05pm On May 12, 2013
nwanks: pleas guys do u people know whether we that is not selected now stil have chance in october
there could be an October selection,when I printed my confirmation page,after filling my entry,it read "entrant can start checking their entry status on ESC(the official website) starting May 1st through to september 30th 2014" bt now on the website its written from 1st May through to 30th june 2014,from my own understandin d October selection is determined by the response of those selected @ this time for DV2014, if many whom were selected and are not eligible to continue the process withdraw KCC will then conduct another selection, or they might decide to do it on their own freewill, I stand to be corrected anywhere am wrong

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by OneGuyLikeDat: 12:30pm On May 12, 2013
monsieursam64: your normal birth cert will be accepted but if u have got some cash i would advice u go get d NPC's birth cert and be on a safer side. It will cost you between #3500 and #4500 depending on the area you are going to get it done.

Okies, 10x. I'll try to get it asap

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Journi2America(m): 4:16pm On May 12, 2013
rcb34: there could be an October selection,when I printed my confirmation page,after filling my entry,it read "entrant can start checking their entry status on ESC(the official website) starting May 1st through to september 30th 2014" bt now on the website its written from 1st May through to 30th june 2014,from my own understandin d October selection is determined by the response of those selected @ this time for DV2014, if many whom were selected and are not eligible to continue the process withdraw KCC will then conduct another selection, or they might decide to do it on their own freewill, I stand to be corrected anywhere am wrong
My guy commot mind from that tin. They have registered upto 125,000 selectees so far. So even though you are selected today, na highcase number they will give u... Start praying for the possibility and eligibility of Nigeria for DV programme 2015...GBAM.........u can still check ur status by 22nd of Oct, 2013...........after then commot hope patakpataOoo
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by rcb34: 4:31pm On May 12, 2013
Journi2America: My guy commot mind from that tin. They have registered upto 125,000 selectees so far. So even though you are selected today, na highcase number they will give u... Start praying for the possibility and eligibility of Nigeria for DV programme 2015...GBAM.........u can still check ur status by 22nd of Oct, 2013...........after then commot hope patakpataOoo
smileyI 1ce came across a writeup in DV2013 thread that said dez no such tin as highcase number,it was funny to me wen I saw it too,according to the poster all cases will be treated,I dnt knw how true though
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Lakeside4christ(m): 7:14pm On May 12, 2013
Tank God i won....pls can sumone tel me d next tin 2 do nd like how much it wil cost me?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 7:38pm On May 12, 2013
I applied for 6 people and none were selected but i wont let them give up provided the lottery isnt cancelled.Despite decaying infrastructure,America remains one of the best places to make it in this world.Congrats to winners and please dont rush to send your return forms to KCC,make sure you tidy up some loopholes before sending.I wish you all the very best as you commence your interview in october.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 9:51pm On May 12, 2013
Lakeside4christ: Tank God i won....pls can sumone tel me d next tin 2 do nd like how much it wil cost me?

if you did actually win,and checked yourself,you should know what to do...

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 4:51am On May 13, 2013
dareh85: Pls house I can able to check if have be selected or nt because is nt going on my phone and computer dat d information is nt correct and I don't knw wat to do pls I need ur help concerning it
the mistake must have been from you. cross check the information your key in
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 5:00am On May 13, 2013
Obatide: Thanks for ur guides fellow NL.
Pls experts, we need to get sometin right here.
when married woman wins as Principal applicant, what are the documents requirement for the husband and children for further processings?
Your reply is urgently needed plsssssss
as a principal applicant your need:
2 x 2 passport photo 2
Int'l passport
NPC birth cert
Medical Report
Police Character cert
Academic Credentials
Proof of your marriage (Marriage cert and your wedding album).

Then your Beneficiaries:
2 x 2 passport photo 2
Int'l passport NPC
Medical Report
NPC Birth Cert
Police Character Cert (if 18years & above)

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 5:05am On May 13, 2013
ik.swiss:
HOUSE PLEASOOOOO MY MOM WENT TO OUR NEAR BY HEALTH CENTER TO GET HER BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND ALLSO DO HER NPC ATTESTATION AND WAS TOLD IS 10THOUSAND NAIRA PLEASE IS THERE ANY PLACE SHE CAN DO IT APART FROM THE EAST AND A PLACE WER IS CHEAPER COS I SAW SOMEONE SAYING IS 2500 OR 3000 NAIRA
Firstly, your Mum doesn't need the birth cert from the hospital. The NPC birth cert covers it all. She can obtain it from any state of the federation. I did mine in Anambra state at the cost of #2500. I believe the cost is still the same at Enugu and Owerri.
Lastly, she should not forget to go with a sworn affidavit from High court.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 5:11am On May 13, 2013
nwanks: plz peeps i think is best advisable to check this wit a computer not phone,plz any body who won did u check with phone
Whether you check with laptop, desk_top, ipad, blackberry or C1, the result will still be d same.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 5:17am On May 13, 2013
OneGuyLikeDat:

U must sign it before sending it to them. U can use adobe for that or print and sign then scan. Get the latest adobe to be able to sign with it
Make sure you sign the forms before sending them or they wont be attended to. I failed to sign part 1 of the ds 230 and I was sent a mail by kcc, asking me to download another form, fill, sign and send. It cost me extra money and also delayed my 2NL.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 5:23am On May 13, 2013
Lakeside4christ: Tank God i won....pls can sumone tel me d next tin 2 do nd like how much it wil cost me?
I believe the instruction on what to do is there on your Notification Letter, but if you still don't know what to do, start by reading from page one of this thread, you will be surprised on the information you will get.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 5:41am On May 13, 2013
I congratulate everybody that was selected. I pray the Lord will fight your battles to complete what He has already started in your life and may your heart desires be granted.
I will advice anybody filling his forms to ask questions before filling to avoid unnecessary mistakes that could lead to visa denial.
If you are married and initially entered the EDV as single, maintain your status as single. If you already have a child before you played the EDV but didn't include him/her while playing initially, Still maintain you don't have a child unless the child was given birth to after you played the EDV.
Don't be in a hurry to send your form to kcc. Always Cross check your forms very well and make sure you sign where necessary before sending (via courier or email) form to avoid your forms being dropped aside. Your forms will still be received even if you send it on January 2014.
Wait till you are current or have received your 2NL before going for your medical and Police report to avoid expiration before your interview appointment date.
Wish you all the best. We will all meet someday in America.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 5:50am On May 13, 2013
Samimo: My
CN; 2014AF000113**. I have already submited my docs to KCC should be
reaching by tomorrow. any idea as to when to expect my interview?
my dear expect your from january next year.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 5:58am On May 13, 2013
Yahoot: Hello house. I am from Republic of Moldova, this is my first post here, and I was one of the chosen, but I have a little problem. I misspelled a letter in my surname in the application form.(Right:Sestacovschi; Wrong\Misspelled: Sestacovshi). I don't know what to do now. I have read the posts from 2013 DV winners meet here, but I am still confused. Please help me, what should I do?
you need not to worry about it brother. They understand there's bound to be som human errors while filling the form. The CO will ask you the correct one so as to correct it by himself/herself on the day of you interview.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Samimo: 8:10am On May 13, 2013
junkerhill: my dear expect your from january next year.
Thanks junkerhill am from Kenya so been informed that it might be November according to the cn.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by mayankho(f): 8:32am On May 13, 2013
idoo4love: Am so happy for all d selected ppl and also pray for those that will be selected in 5 months time... God will help us all... USA is a place to be... keep on trying and hopeful... Feel free to ask ANY kind of question that bothers u...der will definitely be someone that have an answer...ALL THE BEST...GOD DEY!! Success!!!
is there another selection in october?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by obamaobama: 10:23am On May 13, 2013
mayankho:
is there another selection in october?
NOBODY CAN ANWSER UR QUESTION JUST WAIT UNTILL OCTOBER

2 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 10:40am On May 13, 2013
junkerhill:
as a principal applicant your need:
2 x 2 passport photo 2
Int'l passport
NPC birth cert
Medical Report
Police Character cert
Academic Credentials
Proof of your marriage (Marriage cert and your wedding album).

Then your Beneficiaries:
2 x 2 passport photo 2
Int'l passport NPC
Medical Report
NPC Birth Cert
Police Character Cert (if 18years & above)

Thank You
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by maasoap(m): 11:01am On May 13, 2013
temmytanny: I applied for 6 people and none were selected but i wont let them give up provided the lottery isnt cancelled.Despite decaying infrastructure,America remains one of the best places to make it in this world.Congrats to winners and please dont rush to send your return forms to KCC,make sure you tidy up some loopholes before sending.I wish you all the very best as you commence your interview in october.
I was told not to exclude our daughter from visa processing by filling form DS230 for her that she might be the evidence that we are truly a couple after DNA test might have been carried out based on their request. Remember me? the guy in your inbox.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 12:28pm On May 13, 2013
maasoap: I was told not to exclude our daughter from visa processing by filling form DS230 for her that she might be the evidence that we are truly a couple after DNA test might have been carried out based on their request. Remember me? the guy in your inbox.
dont exclude here,just fill forms for her and you can say she will join you later.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by pjogutum1: 1:33pm On May 13, 2013
congratulations dv 2014 winners. this is for all dv 2014 selectees yet to fill their forms ds 230 please kindly follow the example at this website http://blog.aperso.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/DS-2302.pdf don't copy the person's name and address oh!

DS FORM 230.

for question 2 on the form,If you are married please include your wife’s original name given by her parents. If you changed your name or there is a mistake on your name which you have been bearing and is contained in your certificate include it in your own form. Note this does not replace change of name affidavit and paper placement.
http://blog.aperso.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/DS-2302.pdf

if you have anyother questions apart from this feel free to ask.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by maasoap(m): 2:34pm On May 13, 2013
They said toddler doesnt need international passport provided her mother includes him/her in her own when applying. How true is this information, house?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by jamicanlady: 4:58pm On May 13, 2013
maasoap: They said toddler doesnt need international passport provided her mother includes him/her in her own when applying. How true is this information, house?

I dnt know for other countries, but here in Nigeria, since the inception of the e-passport, even a new born needs international passport. Inclusion of a child by the mother in her application was the old procedure for the former/old Nigerian passport.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by adelegan1: 5:02pm On May 13, 2013
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by virginofafrica(m): 5:27pm On May 13, 2013
[quote author=rcb34] smileyI 1ce came across a writeup in DV2013 thread that said dez no such tin as highcase number,it was funny to me wen I saw it too,according to the poster all cases will be treated,I dnt knw how true though[/quot yah you are right. for the fact that you are selected you will be given appointment. good luck peps
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kdgom66: 6:23am On May 14, 2013
obamaobama: NOBODY CAN ANWSER UR QUESTION JUST WAIT UNTILL OCTOBER

Really, Obama? I thought you heard it on good authority that more people will be chosen in June, July and October...I actually thought the real Obama personally told you...LOL.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (264) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.