Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,565 members, 7,929,809 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 11:54 PM

Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London (10036 Views)

25 Youth Corp Members Dismissed In Jigawa Camp / Ibori’s Conviction Is A Private Matter – Delta State Govt / James Ibori Conviction: Nigerian Judicial System & EFCC Should Be Ashamed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by Millionjeff: 10:54pm On May 02, 2013
Ibori should have been sentence to life in imprisonment,for those bloody crimes he committed.for those who is bringing ethnic colouration and still cocoon in clannish orientation should bury their heads in shame.And if all of you continue with this attitude,it may never be well with you.am not laying curse on anybody.am simply given impetus to universal truth about sowing and reaping principle.

1 Like

Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by Brynelo: 10:55pm On May 02, 2013
mankand: Who is going to appeal that? He/She needs to be jail also.

First to comment
...wats dz Bleep abt bein first to comment??mtchew bro!
Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by idriis: 11:19pm On May 02, 2013
Emiru: [b] So, what do we learn from this?

All of you drawing conclusions from arrant presumptions nd assumptions made to 1 or 2 pesins shud undrstnd dah we are all human. The fact dat som1 waz blinded by blood nd luv 4 his locality nt to see d rungs done by their people in power, shouldnt be read dah everybdy are lyk dat. It depends on ur approach, besides we are all criticizing GEJ...buh to be sincere, we all prayed and voted, hoped nd think he is d future of Nigeria's success right??

Now why complaining, life itz all abt lot...when ur trust falls on d wrong pesin, u don't shout nd run ur tommy becos it can't be changed. You jez av to wait patiently nd pray 2 God dah u dnt make dah mistake again. Besides no1 expected dah GEJ wuld be as he prove 2 b now, based on certain conclusions. Hiterto, there are thousands, if not millions out dier dah still love GEJ and think he nid some time to settle down. Others think he is doing something great, while you fink he is a failure right?

As d saying goes, ONE MAN'S GAIN IS ANODA MAN'S LOST..nd it has bin interpreted in many ways.

@topic

When dis guy called Ibori was stealing our money without sympathy, he was being applauded by many and called "SHARP GUY" . Even when d present Oga at d stealing zone in Delta State d oda time, embezled billions nd waz caught, he den quickly adjust himsef saying he waz 2 use dem 4 buses nd oda means of communication (dah waz a divine intervention dough, it waz a good luck on awa side. Thought d management av bin sold awt as at now) . He waz shund and was named "a dullard" becos he waznt as sharp as Ibori. Now the brain, and one of d most intelligent críminals called James_Ibori is in rottin in prison all of u ar trying to show sympathy, when d going was good he didnt stop becos he finkz he can neva be outsmarted. He brought everyone dah waz 2 stand on his way 2 nufin, and u all fink its partiality 2 d Niger Delta bla bla bla. Well we can try an experiment, ur governor shud undergo d same thefery with Ibori and lets see who will get the highest numba of Years in cell! [/b]
guy, your story long oh! Ah aahn, wetin!

1 Like

Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by adeokunade: 11:28pm On May 02, 2013
kingoflag:

The average Nigerian ---born and raised in Nigeria--- is mentally unstable, devoid of thinking critically or seeing anything past Religion or tribe. This character is even worse if the person grew up outside of Western/Midwestern Nigeria.
.Did u say mentally unstable, pls u need to apologise for that careless and unwaranted statement. How can u say ur folks are mentally unstable is it because u probably smuggle urself out of this shore ti become an unwanted second class immigrant somewhere that made ur mouth to be infected wit diarhoea

2 Likes

Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by Reference(m): 11:38pm On May 02, 2013
Millionjeff: Ibori should have been sentence to life in imprisonment,for those bloody crimes he committed.for those who is bringing ethnic colouration and still cocoon in clannish orientation should bury their heads in shame.And if all of you continue with this attitude,it may never be well with you.am not laying curse on anybody.am simply given impetus to universal truth about sowing and reaping principle.

Don't worry. We will weigh your zeal and patriotism when the burning bush arrives your door step. All and I mean all present and past governors including yours and mine have stolen and are stealing and missappropriating as we speak. Ibori goes to jail, fine. What are you doing about the one stealing from your pocket, doesn't matter.

Abeg free the guy. The average Nigerian is sectional.
Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by sweetnigga(m): 12:20am On May 03, 2013
automaticcarzz:

They always believe Nigerdeltans should be left alone when they commit graft. Don't mind these people (Nigerdeltans) who think they are victims. I have one of them as friend who used to live with us when we were in Abuja in year 2000. The guy came from River State and was posted to serve in Kebbi. He had no place to live in Kebbi and an Hausa man who happened to be my friends brother took him in into his house in Birnin kebbi to help him. The man is brother to now Senator Atiku Bagudu currently serving. Atiku Bagudu was Abacha's right hand man when it came to hiding money overseas. He lived with the guy for 10 months without any problem. When he came to Abuja, he would be talking about how Hausas are so bad in the way they deprived them the right to rule Nigeria as Nigeria only survive on the money realised from their oil.

Let's fast forward to today. The guy hates Hausa's including the Hausa man who took him in to help him when he was posted to Kebbi as a young medical graduate. The guy does not talk to me anymore because I said on facebook that Jonathan is not performing well as President. This is the same Jonathan that my whole family voted for. I am Yoruba by the way.
so what ? And u think here is d best place to settle with ur friend. SABO!!!

1 Like

Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by Iceslizer(f): 12:34am On May 03, 2013
[quote author=Gbawe]

Of course it is. They discriminate against those from the Niger Delta. Simply show up in a UK Court as a Niger Deltan and you are sure to get a more severe sentence than would have been handed to a Yoruba or Hausa Nigerian. It is the same in the USA, France and Germany too. In fact the worldwide discrimination against the Niger Delta is condemnable.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by Nobody: 1:31am On May 03, 2013
coputa: This ibori's case was a collective collaboration against the niger Delta struggke which he champions....among all the criminals in and outside government,why was he the only one convicted,.....the judiciary in the united kingdom are bias....how many criminals still live in their country,unmolested......
Sophisticated ignorance.
Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by Prince0500(m): 2:53am On May 03, 2013
Am presently in Delta state,u need to see the transformation that ibori brought to this place,if ibori conviction justified his acts while in office fine nd gud bt if dis is a case of victimisation then it is nt justice.And where there is no justice peace shld nt be expected.
Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by deandavid(m): 3:32am On May 03, 2013
automaticcarzz:

They always believe Nigerdeltans should be left alone when they commit graft. Don't mind these people (Nigerdeltans) who think they are victims. I have one of them as friend who used to live with us when we were in Abuja in year 2000. The guy came from River State and was posted to serve in Kebbi. He had no place to live in Kebbi and an Hausa man who happened to be my friends brother took him in into his house in Birnin kebbi to help him. The man is brother to now Senator Atiku Bagudu currently serving. Atiku Bagudu was Abacha's right hand man when it came to hiding money overseas. He lived with the guy for 10 months without any problem. When he came to Abuja, he would be talking about how Hausas are so bad in the way they deprived them the right to rule Nigeria as Nigeria only survive on the money realised from their oil.

Let's fast forward to today. The guy hates Hausa's including the Hausa man who took him in to help him when he was posted to Kebbi as a young medical graduate. The guy does not talk to me anymore because I said on facebook that Jonathan is not performing well as President. This is the same Jonathan that my whole family voted for. I am Yoruba by the way.
sir ur claim is fallacious(hasty generalisation), that your ND guy, is an ingrate. I am a nigerdelta man, GEJ dey fall our hand, every body knows this, mediocres will disagree.
Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by premlove(m): 4:23am On May 03, 2013
ninja4life:
such is d reality in nigeria where people base their judgement on sentiment imagine a graduate not just dat a medical doctor with dat mentality then we have a long way to go in dis country.if u ask him wat gej has done to affect him positively whether in his profession or infrastructural development i'm sure he wont have anything to say,and dis is sad cos with dis mentality we have a long way to go in dis country.
so what has GEJ done for you that i can't hear word out of your pile mouth is it d darkness dat i sleep in every night or d bad road i move on tell me GEJ hand bag
Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by fr3do(m): 4:51am On May 03, 2013
kingoflag:

The average Nigerian ---born and raised in Nigeria--- is mentally unstable, devoid of thinking critically or seeing anything past Religion or tribe. This character is even worse if the person grew up outside of Western/Midwestern Nigeria.

u are a living evidence
what makes u think the yorubas are more enlightened.
Ur thoughts are not beyond tribe.

Baseless superiority complex,u probably got it from the Britons u worship.

1 Like

Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by coputa(m): 6:26am On May 03, 2013
Sophisticated ignorance is better than a myopic dunce,that cant see beyond his nose..
Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by Soso990240(m): 7:18am On May 03, 2013
slim fit :
I like yoruba people once you are found in a dirty act you loss respect not to even talk about support.
wot of Bankole,Obj,Tinubu(who was awarded d greatest thief of our age by Ribadu)?

1 Like

Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by Soso990240(m): 7:23am On May 03, 2013
lipsrsealed
Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by Soso990240(m): 7:23am On May 03, 2013
kingoflag:

4 ur small mind u get sense..na primitivity go kill u..
Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by PastorOla1: 7:25am On May 03, 2013
UK no be Nigeria o!
Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by fsb(m): 7:36am On May 03, 2013
kingoflag:

I agree with the first sentence only....religious and tribal sentiments are ingrained in a child especially by parents. One would expect that with so many years of education, enlightenment would follow but so many 'graduates' still display this terrible character.

If only Nigeria was a country where religion or tribe was of no consequence, we would be dragging with UAE, singapore et al in terms of economic might...
Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by frankcimc(m): 7:39am On May 03, 2013
Nice! I am enjoying the whole thing.
Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by Gbawe: 7:56am On May 03, 2013
Prince0500: Am presently in Delta state,u need to see the transformation that ibori brought to this place,if ibori conviction justified his acts while in office fine nd gud bt if dis is a case of victimisation then it is nt justice.And where there is no justice peace shld nt be expected.

What "victimisation" ? Do you guys think the UK's judiciary, one of the most independent in the world, has nothing better to do than be used by Nigeria's drama queen politicians? For the umpteenth time, Ibori broke the frigging law of the UK !!!! He has to pay for that. Simple.

It is a misconception that the UK did Nigeria's job for her by jailing Ibori. It is important, first and foremost, for fans of Ibori to understand that he broke UK laws and nothing he did for Delta State can mitigate for his criminal activities in the UK. Nigerians should learn to get over themselves. Ibori and his associates, to include a UK registered solicitor, were engaged in a conspiracy of fraud and serious money laundering.

We may not care to punish criminals in Nigeria, hence the general criminalisation of Nigerian society that makes us think some can do as they please, but most nation realise that criminal impunity is most effectively deterred when the consistent message is sent out that offenders will be apprehended and prosecuted. Ibori fell victim to that concept. Nothing more, nothing less.

4 Likes

Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by thehomer: 8:53am On May 03, 2013
coputa: This ibori's case was a collective collaboration against the niger Delta struggke which he champions....among all the criminals in and outside government,why was he the only one convicted,.....the judiciary in the united kingdom are bias....how many criminals still live in their country,unmolested......

This is why you people cannot have nice things and instead get MEND terrorists and environmental degradation with its associated health problems. If those in the Niger Delta cannot criticize him, then they're doomed to a repetition. The fact that everyone wasn't convicted at the same time doesn't mean that this one person shouldn't have been convicted.
Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by thehomer: 8:54am On May 03, 2013
Gbawe:

Of course it is. They discriminate against those from the Niger Delta. Simply show up in a UK Court as a Niger Deltan and you are sure to get a more severe sentence than would have been handed to a Yoruba or Hausa Nigerian. It is the same in the USA, France and Germany too. In fact the worldwide discrimination against the Niger Delta is condemnable.

@Topic.

Expected outcome. Ibori has no legal ground to stand on.

Yes. They will ask "are you from the Nigerian Niger-Delta"? If you are, you'll get a heavy conviction. What a joke.
Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by danny301: 9:50am On May 03, 2013
[quote author=Gbawe]

@Topic.

Expected outcome. Ibori has no legal ground to stand on.

From the way many of you reason, i think we have a long way to go. We deserve everything we are suffering in the hands of our politicians because of our senses of judgement peasant and pedestrian. The question should be was Ibori guilty of the charges or not and Niger Delta this, yoruba that...... Do you think USA, UK and the other nations you mentioned reason like you who bring ethnicism into everything?
Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by obi123: 10:01am On May 03, 2013
Ayoobscom: This is why Nigeria cannot move forward a thief is caught and jailed it doesn't matter anymore where he hails and some annoying potential thieves are here shouting victimization

Nansense...the mentality of Nigerians is the spring of their woes

thank you very much, the most important thing is that his appeal was rejected , the UK is doing what will never have happened in Nigeria, even the mere fact that he was convicted in the UK is a shame on its own

1 Like

Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by kumbalo(m): 10:37am On May 03, 2013
jmoore:

grin grin even devil got his supporters
because devil could pay to buy them
Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by Nobody: 10:57am On May 03, 2013
Evestar200: Oh ibori,,d best governor delta state has eva produce
gbaaaagaaauuun our brothers from the niger delta WITH EVERY PUN INTENDED cheesy....i hail o cheesy
Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by Nobody: 11:00am On May 03, 2013
distribute inc.:
Are you a tourist or visitor to Nigeria?
Do you need special deliveries,such as champaign,sexy ladies or you just want to get high.
check our site at
http://www.afroconnect.simplesite.com/
we satisfy your every need.
you are really living up to your name cheesy so una dey distribute girls to tourists shocked nawa o.this world don finish :p.anyway before you derail this thread,its about ibori o....remember :p
Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by Nobody: 11:03am On May 03, 2013
obi123:

thank you very much, the most important thing is that his appeal was rejected , the UK is doing what will never have happened in Nigeria, even the mere fact that he was convicted in the UK is a shame on its own
exactly.unfortunatly,when ibori don use money buy supporters,shame go finish for the supporters.those people wey dey support ibori no get 1 naira shame.tufiaaa.those crowd wey dem rent ehen shocked smh
Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by richbuky: 11:04am On May 03, 2013
He preferred UK court judgement to that of Naija! Mayb he felt it would be lighter! Probably by now he would be out of prison if the case was handled in Nigeria. Since he opted for their justice he should put up with whatever he sees there
Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by Nobody: 11:05am On May 03, 2013
Millionjeff: Ibori should have been sentence to life in imprisonment,for those bloody crimes he committed.for those who is bringing ethnic colouration and still cocoon in clannish orientation should bury their heads in shame.And if all of you continue with this attitude,it may never be well with you.am not laying curse on anybody.am simply given impetus to universal truth about sowing and reaping principle.
amen! ase gun!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Shamelessness Of Governor Of Ekiti State Yesterday ( Pix) / Zaria Clash: Only El-zakzaky Can Make Us Come Before Panel Of Inquiry – Shi’ites / APC Ward-To-Ward Campaign In Isobo Ward, Obubra, Cross River (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.