Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,779 members, 7,952,198 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 12:12 PM

Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London (10052 Views)

25 Youth Corp Members Dismissed In Jigawa Camp / Ibori’s Conviction Is A Private Matter – Delta State Govt / James Ibori Conviction: Nigerian Judicial System & EFCC Should Be Ashamed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by Nobody: 11:08am On May 03, 2013
richbuky: He preferred UK court judgement to that of Naija! Mayb he felt it would be lighter! Probably by now he would be out of prison if the case was handled in Nigeria. Since he opted for their justice he should put up with whatever he sees there
as simple as that cheesy no wonder they see many nigerians as reprobates.they judge individual nigerians by their leaders back home.they assume if they give nigerians a chance,they will infect their place with corruption
Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by Localtrouble: 12:09pm On May 03, 2013
Demdem: Chai, how I wish someone can just crate Alams to UK or close to the island.
They are the only thieves in Nigeria right? The Hausa fulani rogues and their Western counterparts are strolling the streets of Nigeria/ travelling round the world unscratched..nonsense!!
Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by Demdem(m): 12:22pm On May 03, 2013
Localtrouble:
They are the only thieves in Nigeria right? The Hausa fulani rogues and their Western counterparts are strolling the streets of Nigeria/ travelling round the world unscratched..nonsense!!

Retardeen is the current C-in-C of Nigerian Armed forces. he can deal with those ones in-house because he has all the power and might to do such. Let UK deal with ND thieves for us.
Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by PrettySpicey(f): 2:48pm On May 03, 2013
VERY GOOD.
And he can stay there and wait for his ''next in command''.
CRIMINALS!!!
Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by Nobody: 2:52pm On May 03, 2013
... one wonders when the bigger thieves will be punished.
Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by bakynes(m): 5:33pm On May 03, 2013
Some people are just so stupid imagine some still talking abt its coz ibori is a Niger deltan for God sake dis man stole billions of state funds and besides the UK doesn't care if you are Niger deltan,Igbo or Hausa they give out fair justice unlike d corrupt justice system we have here and for the record he wasn't jailed coz he stole his state's fund coz dats nt their business what we do in our country is coz he was caught with Money Laundering and dis same ibori was working @ wicks in d UK years back and he ran away to Nigeria coz he stole the company's money so he get case b4
Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by babanaba: 7:00pm On May 03, 2013
automaticcarzz:

They always believe Nigerdeltans should be left alone when they commit graft. Don't mind these people (Nigerdeltans) who think they are victims. I have one of them as friend who used to live with us when we were in Abuja in year 2000. The guy came from River State and was posted to serve in Kebbi. He had no place to live in Kebbi and an Hausa man who happened to be my friends brother took him in into his house in Birnin kebbi to help him. The man is brother to now Senator Atiku Bagudu currently serving. Atiku Bagudu was Abacha's right hand man when it came to hiding money overseas. He lived with the guy for 10 months without any problem. When he came to Abuja, he would be talking about how Hausas are so bad in the way they deprived them the right to rule Nigeria as Nigeria only survive on the money realised from their oil.

Let's fast forward to today. The guy hates Hausa's including the Hausa man who took him in to help him when he was posted to Kebbi as a young medical graduate. The guy does not talk to me anymore because I said on facebook that Jonathan is not performing well as President. This is the same Jonathan that my whole family voted for. I am Yoruba by the way.

For all you know that writer might not even be a Nigeri Deltan.Most Nigeri Deltans are truthful when it comes to things like this,unless the few who have sold their soul.
Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by seyi42k(m): 9:11pm On May 03, 2013
anishe:

UK this is unfair. If a Red card is appealed in the English Premiership and the appeal is dismissed, an additional one match ban is added to the initial three match ban. As Ibori appeal is dismissed, I expect an additional sentencing to the initial 13 year imprisonment. UK this is grossly unfair. I had expected an additional 7 year sentencing to make it twenty years behind bars for the Niger delta criminal.

Infact, 3 gbosas for you. I was about to make the same post. An additional sentencing should have been handed down to hum for frivolous appeal.
Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by idumuose(m): 9:38pm On May 03, 2013
Did Ibori steal money or not?The answer is Emphatic YES.so why r
Ɣ☺u weeping?I even
Thoudht he would get 30yrs so that in his
Next world,he will try and control his fingers.Thank
God they struck out his appeal.His rented supporters
Left in shame.
Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by coputa(m): 10:51am On May 04, 2013
How would the Niger Delta have nice things except "MEND"and environmental degradation which are consequecies of oil exploration and exploitation....how many Niger Deltans has oil blocks in nigeria,.they sow much and reap less as a result of collective conspiracy against them......the resource control protagonist (chief onanefe ibori ) is a living example...people like IBB,OBJ,ATIKU.....who stole the cnuntry blind are still honoured internationally (the united Kingdom inclusive) for mortgaging their country's interest.,these elements has business interests in these countries set up from stolen funds meant for the devlopment of Nigeria....but these imperialist always looj the other way...
Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by jites(m): 12:20pm On May 05, 2013
coputa: How would the Niger Delta have nice things except "MEND"and environmental degradation which are consequecies of oil exploration and exploitation....how many Niger Deltans has oil blocks in nigeria,.they sow much and reap less as a result of collective conspiracy against them......the resource control protagonist (chief onanefe ibori ) is a living example...people like IBB,OBJ,ATIKU.....who stole the cnuntry blind are still honoured internationally (the united Kingdom inclusive) for mortgaging their country's interest.,these elements has business interests in these countries set up from stolen funds meant for the devlopment of Nigeria....but these imperialist always looj the other way...

Can somebody help me to understand something here please, and before anyone accuse me or slang me i wish to state categorically that i do not condone any form of looting or stealing of national resources. I sm from Delta state, infact to be precise Oghara. i am in my mid 30s and lived and grew up in oghara. Now when i was growing up in oghara we had just one narrow road leading into oghara and and also out of it. But when Ibori became Governor he did some things in oghara that i am confused about and honestly dont know what to think. Let me just name a few Oghara now have numerous roads, so you can come into Oghara one way and leave using different roads, He built a polytechnic, a massive stadium, a university is underway Western University, Solar powered light, round about, Teaching hospital just to mention a few. Infact it feels like i am living in heaven but what i need help to understand is this, should i be bitter and angry with Ibori?? or should i be grateful that what would never have happened in my lifetime all became possible while i am still in my mid 30s. What money did he use to do all these things, if it is possible to do things like this why is it not done in every state in the country, or did he do the same in asaba, warri, and the other little villages too if not why noT.. especially if it is possible, what would i have prefered, someone like uduaghan for instance that is not stealing money ( i say this lightly cos i really dont know if he steal money or not) what i mean is having some "normal" governor who just does the bare minimum or having someone who "steal" but also execute some massive changes for the benefit of the masses, in fact i really dont know, but what i do know is that i like relative constant power supply, i like stadium, i like university and polytechnic, i like employment for youths.. all these things i like, is it possible to do them with state money or does someone has to steal to carry them out, because i really think Nigeria has got the resources to effect positive changes across the board.. from the city to the tinest of villages.. well thats what i think. However, when i heard the amount of money that was stolen from the cofers of Delta state i really didnt know what to make of it.. should i just be grateful for what has been done in my village or be angry that the stealing took place.. i think stealing has been going on for ages before i was even born but i didnt know about it and i was none the wiser.. just thought that this is how it is.. well on second thought seeing what Ibori achieved or did in Oghara opened my eyes to what is possible, i feel like someone who is entitled to one thousand naira but did not know about it and was now given 100 hundred naira which i was not expecting.. ofcourse i would be grateful for the one hundred naira ( stadium, university, roads, jobs etc) because i didn't expect it but if i found out later that i was actually suppose to be entitled to one thousand naira ( all the millions Ibori stole) of course i would be angry... so my fellow nairalanders should i be angry or just be happy my community has been transformed from some dingy dirty village to almost a metropolitan city that can rival any other city in Nigeria. Just to cap this rather long piece i want to also ask why hasn't all the other governors, ministers, councillors, chairmen, ADCs, ex presidents who RAPED our economy and stashed billions away in foreign countries not been treated like IBORI is being treated now ie jailed for long time be it here in Nigeria or abroad, rather they are still in our political parties, even having the guts to want to run for presidents or other government offices. I am going to end with what i started with I DO NOT CONDONE ANY FORM OF STEALING OF NATIONAL RESOURCES. GOD BLESS NIGERIA!!!
Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by coputa(m): 5:36pm On May 05, 2013
So only those that were brought up in western nigeria or abroad that can think or reasons rationally ,your post have already given you away as an egoistic tribalist..is it the second class life you are living abroad that makes you to be better than others..check yourself very well....you are lost already.
Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by jites(m): 10:13am On May 06, 2013
?
Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by coputa(m): 11:48am On May 06, 2013
@jites..i was not actually refering to you..your post was a complete diagram of the happenings in our country...your explicit reportoire of exploits of Nigerian politicians nay Ibori was an eye opener...your analysis were not laced with any ethnic colouration....i enjoyed your post.....it was @ kingoflag i posted my reply....,he posted something nauseating in this thread....
Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by jites(m): 2:29pm On May 06, 2013
coputa: @jites..i was not actually refering to you..your post was a complete diagram of the happenings in our country...your explicit reportoire of exploits of Nigerian politicians nay Ibori was an eye opener...your analysis were not laced with any ethnic colouration....i enjoyed your post.....it was @ kingoflag i posted my reply....,he posted something nauseating in this thread....

@ Coputa, Thanks for your reply, i am very relieve to hear that, i had assumed you were rfering to me because your post came immediately after mine and you didn't include the post from Kingoflag in your comment. I have read Kingoflag's post and like you i completely disagree with him refering to the average Nigerian as being mentally unstable.. very wrong, totally wrong of him to have that generalisation of the average Nigerian irrespective of where they live or were born. I am sorry i went on and on at you including almost giving my life history lol, when all the while you weren't refering to me.. I apologise. (hand shake)
Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by gilmaro(m): 10:40pm On May 06, 2013
automaticcarzz:

They always believe Nigerdeltans should be left alone when they commit graft. Don't mind these people (Nigerdeltans) who think they are victims. I have one of them as friend who used to live with us when we were in Abuja in year 2000. The guy came from River State and was posted to serve in Kebbi. He had no place to live in Kebbi and an Hausa man who happened to be my friends brother took him in into his house in Birnin kebbi to help him. The man is brother to now Senator Atiku Bagudu currently serving. Atiku Bagudu was Abacha's right hand man when it came to hiding money overseas. He lived with the guy for 10 months without any problem. When he came to Abuja, he would be talking about how Hausas are so bad in the way they deprived them the right to rule Nigeria as Nigeria only survive on the money realised from their oil.

Let's fast forward to today. The guy hates Hausa's including the Hausa man who took him in to help him when he was posted to Kebbi as a young medical graduate. The guy does not talk to me anymore because I said on facebook that Jonathan is not performing well as President. This is the same Jonathan that my whole family voted for. I am Yoruba by the way.

Poor sense of judgement, from particular to general. "Peter is tall, peter is from nigerdelta, so all nigerdeltans are tall". Very poor
Re: Ibori's Conviction Appeal Dismissed In London by abbeybanks(m): 8:21am On May 09, 2013
Ayoobscom: This is why Nigeria cannot move forward a thief is caught and jailed it doesn't matter anymore where he hails and some annoying potential thieves are here shouting victimization

Nansense...the mentality of Nigerians is the spring of their woes

One nation bound in freedom....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AMCON Returns Capital Oil To TAN Coordinator!! Dividend Of Jonatan's Largesse. / See Photos Of Corpses Army Recovered During Search Of Dead Body Of Major Alkali / 2023: I’ve Capacity To Rescue Nigeria From Challenges - Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.