Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,384 members, 7,943,972 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 09:07 AM

Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? (27028 Views)

Men Do You Respect These Kind Of Ladies ?(pics) / How Much Do You Value Your Girlfriend? / Men, Do You Value Inner Beauty? (Be Honest) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by cold(m): 7:35pm On May 03, 2013
tpia@:

this doesnt explain why ugly women often get married more than pretty ones?

eg in a situation where you have an intelligent ugly woman and an intelligent pretty woman, would you like to guess which of them will settle down faster.

might not always be the pretty woman, who is more likely to prefer "exploring her options" when it comes to men.

or who some men may feel riskier marrying.
More ugly married women than pretty women? How do you know this? Is there any statistical backing or is it the usual anecdotal kind of argument? One does not necessarily have to be Miss World or miss anything for that matter but she should at least be attractive. Besides,it's even ill advised to marry a not so attractive person for posterity sake i.e for the sake of one's kids. Who doesn't like pretty kids?

1 Like

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 03, 2013
spongeback: I have noticed this too the days I am properly packaged( with fake hair and things) I get more admirers but when I am less packaged not even a bus-conductor will say hi.
Sorry dear, that is one reason why i won't marry a ugly lady, because the future of my kids are at stake-and i have to follow my family's tradition of bringing up BEAUTIFUL offsprings. Cheers
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Pelummy(f): 7:38pm On May 03, 2013
if all men insist on both,who will marry d ugly ones?
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 7:45pm On May 03, 2013
cold:
More ugly married women than pretty women? How do you know this? Is there any statistical backing or is it the usual anecdotal kind of argument? One does not necessarily have to be Miss World or miss anything for that matter but she should at least be attractive. Besides,it's even ill advised to marry a not so attractive person for posterity sake i.e for the sake of one's kids. Who doesn't like pretty kids?
May you live long my brother. May God bless my Father for marrying the right woman. Oboy, it pays to have beautiful kids
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 03, 2013
iv4real: I am also studying for phd in Petroleum Engineering .I take very good care of myself, dress properly and look very good.I always see the surprise on peoples faces when i say i am a research student. I go to the gym. Just because you are intelligent does not mean you should look unattractive. I think what attracts the guy first is the beauty, then he approaches you and gets to know you better.I think men are attracted to intelligent women. Beauty + brains is a plus .Please do take care of your appearance.If you look very plain without makeup, then you can apply very minimal makeup. At the end of the day[size=17pt] you won't hug your degree.
Help me tell her oooo[/size]
[size=13pt]I detest unkempt ladies, No matter Hw intelligent u re[/size]
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by tpia5: 7:47pm On May 03, 2013
cold:

not more in number than pretty women, but often get married faster than prettier women.

will edit, not sure why you must take it personal as if you're being forced to marry someone you dont consider pretty?
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Mynd44: 7:48pm On May 03, 2013
Pelummy: if all men insist on both,who will marry d ugly ones?
They can remain single na
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by tpia5: 7:49pm On May 03, 2013
iv4real: Please do take care of your appearance.

eod.

not just because you want to get a man, but just because its what you do.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nogodre: 8:03pm On May 03, 2013
I 4 sure don't think one can get every qualities one expects 4rm a woman.But if her +ve attributes outweighs her -ve, one could atleast make do with dat.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by cold(m): 8:04pm On May 03, 2013
tpia@:

not more in number than pretty women, but often get married faster than prettier women.

will edit, not sure why you must take it personal as if you're being forced to marry someone you dont consider pretty?
grin Not taking anything personal..just saying
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by esere826: 8:04pm On May 03, 2013
iv4real: .Please do take care of your appearance.
tpia@:

eod.

not just because you want to get a man, but just because its what you do.

Habit: Take care of your appearance
Reason: To look human and date humans
afterall, u dont make up to go to bed when ur alone do u?
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by ndobobo: 8:07pm On May 03, 2013
iheneme: Click on "quote" beneath the post, then type yours.
tanks
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 03, 2013
My dear, despite the fact that most guys desire pretty ladies, there re handful of guys(i mean good looking guys) who wouldn't mind looks but are more concerned with character, intelligence and probably size etc. I'm not in this group anyway.lol. Cheers
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by supaeagles(m): 8:09pm On May 03, 2013
Intelligence!!!!!! All the way - no exceptions.
I can compromise on beauty if the lovely lady has brains and personality (and definitely if the backyard is fine wink )

1 Like

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by DonaldGenes(m): 8:12pm On May 03, 2013
@ op the only one word I can cateqorically tell you now is ...............na dye be that for you ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by esere826: 8:12pm On May 03, 2013
@OP
A quite 'normal looking' Phd gal was trying to cossy up to me once
I held her palm in mine
it was extremely coarse against mine
wen i imagine her hand ontop of my gentlman

no one told me to pick race
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Akpan107(m): 8:13pm On May 03, 2013
All of the above...
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Blackteeth(m): 8:15pm On May 03, 2013
Mynd_44:
And have your kids grow up like her right? I can see you looking at the short term goals and ignoring the long term advantage. Pele

Shut up. Who told you that dumbness is genetic? Ugliness is genetic, but dumbness is not. If you marry an ugly lady your kids will resemble her, if you marry a pretty dumb lady your kids can still emerge beautiful and intelligent. I stick with the beautiful dumb lady abeg. I would rather educate her.

2 Likes

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by esere826: 8:19pm On May 03, 2013
Why cant we just have 2 wives
one extremely beautiful and dumb
the other extremely intelligent and ugly

We debate with the intelligent one during the day
and schuke the beautifull one during the night
shikena!!

or maybe even schuke the beautiful one during the day so we can appreciate her beauty well well
and debate with the intelligent one during the night, when flaws are a little bit hidden

1 Like

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 8:35pm On May 03, 2013
I love both. But I won't discuss beauty because it is in the eye of the beholder. I desire intelligence very much. Each time I see a girl that has the physical, ethnic, academic, etc qualities I desire in my dream wife, I engage her in an intellectual debate.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Neduzze5(m): 8:38pm On May 03, 2013

They can become Reverend Sisters!

1 Like

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Gudintent: 8:38pm On May 03, 2013
So I'm Ooglies with a brain or will that be beautiful with a d.ic.k undecided

Bottom line! I gats something to offer!
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Obinoscopy(m): 8:41pm On May 03, 2013
Debra851: I am a woman with a Ph.D. from a top American university. People describe me as friendly but men do not look at me or ask me for dates unless I am wearing makeup. Without makeup I am plain looking. Only when I am dressed up and wearing makeup do men approach me for a date! I am still single because most of the time I look plain. Too bad men don't want a smart woman. So can I say that men prefer beauty to intelligence?
I'd have asked u out on a date if I was opportuned to have come across u. I'll go 4 smartness rather than beauty anyday anytime(buh the lady must be tall sha cheesy). So are u tall or of average height? wink
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Okijajuju1(m): 8:41pm On May 03, 2013
@ OP

All men desire intelligence.. At least intelligence to some degree.

However, lets be real, physical beauty gets you noticed. Men are first attracted by what they see. Intellect isn't a physical characteristic. For a non-attractive yet intelligent woman to find a date, it's always with someone with whom she has already had a prior meeting with who has been exposed to her intellectual side. Such women would hardly find men walking up to them out of the blues to ask them out.

So my advice is wear your make up and enhance you physical attributes so you can get noticed.

2 Likes

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by tomzman: 8:42pm On May 03, 2013
I prefer a combination of both.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 8:42pm On May 03, 2013
@OP I don't know what to say. Men are just complicated beings. I myself always get more numbers when am wearing no makeup sweat pants etc, but my thing is that I look very sad and maybe these guys are trying to take advantage of me?

When I am dressed up all the white boys go after me like bread on butter and the black guys get more aggressive in their approaches. My conclusion, you want a man who loves to see you look good, and loves your intelligence too. Don't forget, book smart doesn't necessarily mean street smart too o. Maybe you excel in an academic or business environment, but lack in other equally important ones. Sometimes people who spend a lot of time in academia tend to be socially awkward. Men don't want to approach a lady who doesn't know how to relax and enjoy herself or can't hold up a solid conversation on what seems like invaluable subjects (i.e. football, politics, F1, etc). Do have a lot of friends who can hook you up with someone? If the answer is no, then go out and make new girlfriends who will take you shopping and have dinner or something like that. Its the best way to find out a)if you can gist with people other than professors and the like, b)if they have any handsome, single friends and c) the competition because hey its a battle out there!

Good Luck

4 Likes

Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 8:48pm On May 03, 2013
Inasmuch as we men desire intelligence, let's not forget that a lady having a degree doesn't translate to intelligence. Remember ESUT four.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by InvertedHammer: 9:09pm On May 03, 2013
Beauty first..because appearance will make me approach her.
Intelligence (very subjective) will be an added advantage.

You can have degrees because you have high information retention capacity and yet be dumb as a door knob because
you lack the requisite skills to apply your in class knowledge to the real world.

Beauty - Intelligence = Will get a lot of men (Kim Kardashian, etc.)
Intelligence - Beauty = Few prospect (Condoleeza Rice, etc)
Beauty + Intelligence = the Ultimate! (Cindy Crawford)
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 9:10pm On May 03, 2013
Intelligence and Beauty all d way.

I'm not restricted 2 choice.
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Nobody: 9:14pm On May 03, 2013
Mynd_44: Beauty will fail with age but intelligence will remain

Not all beauties fade...
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by omidhe(f): 9:17pm On May 03, 2013
How old are you ? You wanna tell me till you attained such height in academics no guy has asked you out ? My dear try to be yourself , a true guy will come some day , just believe.if you dnt like make up , then do away with it , as it will only lower your self estemm , learn to dress smart , go to open places where you can easily meet people , better still come back home , I heard Nigerianguys don't like to marry ladies they met in diaspora, especially aged ones .But that you have PhD doesn't mean you are intelligent
Re: Men, Do You Value Intelligence Or Beauty? by Royalty10: 9:25pm On May 03, 2013
The plain truth like some have already highlighted, is that most men definitely want both and even more, possibly. My point is people unmistakably point to the PhD and intimidation factor. My take based on my own background, men get attracted to all xteristics that denotes a woman - in its purest sense regardless of baccalaureate qualification. My only advice, going by your description, is to be cautious of the feminist tendencies propagated in today's world; especially by the west. There are lots of deception going on in this regard. Most of those supportive of the equality movement, know the secret of their own successful homes were not built on this confusing concept but rather a wise balance with more inclination to the man. Guess one would ask 'why lecturing in this direction?' Going by current societal trends, one can readily though arguable, say 8 out of 10 PhD accoladed women, would have overtime, due to academic rigour, have their 'canine teeth' too developed for comfort. No man wants to be devoured in his own home, particularly by his supposed other half. Please and please, this is not intimidation by any standard. It is a case of the growing societal support in switch of natural [divine] feminine attributes that men intuitively sense and make a withdraw, even unknowingly. Every man desires an intelligent woman, however your intelligence [preferably wisdom] should be a source of inspiration and peace. To conclude, the PhD is not on anyone's forehead, therefore if the men are regularly turned off, then its either you think in the line pointed out or consider other unemphasized aspects of your personality.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Cynthia Burton Gets Customized BMW Gift From Her British Man (photos) / He Married My Girl When I Was Broke. And He Got Served. / Opinion: Relationship Is Being Used For Free Casual Sex Anytime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.