Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,817 members, 7,898,954 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 11:30 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (834730 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 6:40am On Nov 10, 2014
gentleiphy:

I think CIC specified the draft to be raised in CAD not USD,however I wouldn't know if they also said RPRF should also be in CAD..so let's confirm and be sure before forumites start raising drafts in USD only to be rejected.
Slya:

RPRF: Pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee. For current fees and methods of payment, please see:http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ghana/visas/fees-frais.aspx?view=d
The above was part of the mail i received. And if you go to the link you will see a more detailed instructions on payments. However i do not know if it applies to other fees. Just check the link and see how it applies to your case! Good luck.
ferdimako:

U can pay in USD...it is 450usd for RPRF. I believe u can raise DD of 505usd for d initial payment. Everything is on that Link.
It is costlier in USD...between 18-20usd difference.
[b]Please be careful in your interpretation of what is on the Accra immigration website.
All information on the link( http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ghana/visas/fees-frais.aspx?view=d&lang=eng ) is only valid for correspondence between an applicant and Accra visa office.......and not applicants with CIC.
The $505 or any US dollars drafts you saw there is only valid mostly and specifically for a principal applicant adding a spouse to his or her application package after having the files transferred from CIC to Accra .
In a nutshell ,at the initial stage of submission that you are sending your documents to CIC in Canada,if your option is draft,applicants are EXPECTED to raise it in Canadian dollars AND NOT US dollars.An extract information from CIC website is seen below..
"Payment method options
Complete the Fee Payment Form - Application for Permanent Residence (IMM 5620) and include it with your application to the CIO. On-line payments are not accepted by the CIO.In Canadian funds only, you may payby certified cheque, bank draft or money order made payable to the "Receiver General for Canada." orwith a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express)"
Any applicants that raised a contrary draft other than Canadian dollars will find his or herself to be blamed as the application package will be returned back unprocessed .
Cheers[/b].
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Yankdreamer: 8:34am On Nov 10, 2014
My application was returned last week because i did not fill the "Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) (PDF, 79 KB)" for my spouse..Ouch!!!, i must have missed it while preparing my application. Intending applicants, please take note.
Thankfully, my NOC 2281 is not even up to 50% yet so hopefully i can still make it.

@Scrollmeout, my app was received on June 18 and my friend that we submitted together was debited around oct 8, i was devastated at that point, calling my bank everyday..So while preparing a new app as suggested by folks here, you might want to check your mail incase they've returned yours too so you can know where you got it wrong..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by HenryIX: 8:42am On Nov 10, 2014
Hey guys,
I am worried and scared to my pants now. I haven't gotten my WES report and its been 21 days.
Should I just go ahead and order a duplicate by courier? That's the only thing remaining for me
My NOC 0111 must not fill up before mine o.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pickabeau1: 8:43am On Nov 10, 2014
Sorry about that

However you willdo well to refer to the common causes of rejection posted by solomonwis so that this does not repeat itself

A lot of useful information is on this thread from page 1 but a lot of people dont bother reading

This isa life changing decision, it is good to consider all information

Sorry once again and better luck next time

Yankdreamer:
My application was returned last week because i did not fill the "Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) (PDF, 79 KB)" for my spouse..Ouch!!!, i must have missed it while preparing my application. Intending applicants, please take note.
Thankfully, my NOC 2281 is not even up to 50% yet so hopefully i can still make it.

@Scrollmeout, my app was received on June 18 and my friend that we submitted together was debited around oct 8, i was devastated at that point, calling my bank everyday..So while preparing a new app as suggested by folks here, you might want to check your mail incase they've returned yours too so you can know where you got it wrong..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 9:10am On Nov 10, 2014
damkollins:

[b]Please be careful in your interpretation of what is on the Accra immigration website.
All information on the link( http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ghana/visas/fees-frais.aspx?view=d&lang=eng ) is only valid for correspondence between an applicant and Accra visa office.......and not applicants with CIC.
The $505 or any US dollars drafts you saw there is only valid mostly and specifically for a principal applicant adding a spouse to his or her application package after having the files transferred from CIC to Accra .
In a nutshell ,at the initial stage of submission that you are sending your documents to CIC in Canada,if your option is draft,applicants are EXPECTED to raise it in Canadian dollars AND NOT US dollars.An extract information from CIC website is seen below..
"Payment method options
Complete the Fee Payment Form - Application for Permanent Residence (IMM 5620) and include it with your application to the CIO. On-line payments are not accepted by the CIO.In Canadian funds only, you may payby certified cheque, bank draft or money order made payable to the "Receiver General for Canada." orwith a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express)"
Any applicants that raised a contrary draft other than Canadian dollars will find his or herself to be blamed as the application package will be returned back unprocessed .
Cheers[/b].
okay.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 10, 2014
Yankdreamer:

You would have checked ur friend's package while he did us. Good way to double-check ....or is he a bachelor? I believe you have resent.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ETHIX(m): 9:34am On Nov 10, 2014
Pls when is the application for the federal skilled workers going to close. Is it in this December or next year april
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pickabeau1: 10:27am On Nov 10, 2014
ETHIX:
Pls when is the application for the federal skilled workers going to close. Is it in this December or next year april

This matter has been well discussed on this thread - April next year

Refer to previous pages
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:51am On Nov 10, 2014
livepluslife:

I graduated from uniben I used wes it was quite fast. Uniben has the option of sending by email. I chose that. it's very fast

Hello Livepluslife,
Would they send the transcript straight to WES? how much did you pay? How long did it take for the transcript to materialize?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Yankdreamer: 11:42am On Nov 10, 2014
ferdimako:

You would have checked ur friend's package while he did us. Good way to double-check ....or is he a bachelor? I believe you have resent.

No I haven't, need to re-fill the forms and print out new statement. Or can i just add the missing form and resend Some infos were ticked on the forms with pencil.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 10, 2014
Yankdreamer:

No I haven't, need to re-fill the forms and print out new statement. Or can i just add the missing form and resend Some infos were ticked on the forms with pencil.

you will fill all forms..some have been updated,so ensure you download a new set of forms and add the missing one

check and recheck all and if possible have someone check for you

all the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by scrollmeout(m): 4:41pm On Nov 10, 2014
Yankdreamer:

Thanks,
I have been preparing my app, and been away on official assignment. I noticed someone say that GTB has resumed the issuance of the
CAD draft. Can someone please confirm if it is available at their Oyin Jolayemi branch?

@Yankerdream, i check my mail at least 3 times a week, and will continue to do so as advised.

@Damkollins. Thanks for your help too. I was at BC today after their hiatus from the office for a week. Fortunately, i was told that another set of TRFs will be produced for me as long as i can produce evidence of my FSWP application and a letter written to explain the need for another set (my wife and i). I promptly did that and i requested to pick it u personally, although i was told it night take more than a week.

In any case, i'll still prayerfully await my app so as to ascertain what went wrong.

@pickabeau... Thanks for helping me review my new app. i have made some slight modifications, and i will appreciate it if you could do this again. Can someone else pleaseeeee offer to review it too wink. This time i am particular about my 'experience certificate'
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 6:09pm On Nov 10, 2014
scrollmeout:

Thanks,
I have been preparing my app, and been away on official assignment. I noticed someone say that GTB has resumed the issuance of the
CAD draft. Can someone please confirm if it is available at their Oyin Jolayemi branch?

@Yankerdream, i check my mail at least 3 times a week, and will continue to do so as advised.

@Damkollins. Thanks for your help too. I was at BC today after their hiatus from the office for a week. Fortunately, i was told that another set of TRFs will be produced for me as long as i can produce evidence of my FSWP application and a letter written to explain the need for another set (my wife and i). I promptly did that and i requested to pick it u personally, although i was told it night take more than a week.

In any case, i'll still prayerfully await my app so as to ascertain what went wrong.

@pickabeau... Thanks for helping me review my new app. i have made some slight modifications, and i will appreciate it if you could do this again. Can someone else pleaseeeee offer to review it too wink. This time i am particular about my 'experience certificate'

Good.
A buddy was able to get a hard copy last week so i believe they are changing from their rigidity.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yokus(f): 6:30pm On Nov 10, 2014
" orwith a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express)"
Cheers[/b].[/size][/color][/quote]

Cheers[/b].[/size]
[/quote]

[/color]" orwith a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express)"
Cheers[/b].[/size][/color][/quote]

Damkollins anyone answer, asap can i use a uk bank visa debit card. though its pounds acc. its equivalent to using a naira mastercard right.
Paying with a barclays debit card that has equivalent of $1400canadian dollars. is it possible, did any1 here pay with a foreign visa debit card
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by livepluslife: 6:44pm On Nov 10, 2014
blueQueen:

Hello Livepluslife,
Would they send the transcript straight to WES? how much did you pay? How long did it take for the transcript to materialize?

Yes they will. Application for transcript is N3100, courier is btw N7200 and N8100 depending on courier company u choose. By registered post is N600. You can get your transcript in one week if u r on ground to monitor the process. Good luck
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pickabeau1: 7:35pm On Nov 10, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bo2014: 6:04am On Nov 11, 2014
@ livepluslife

I have placed several calls to someone in Uniben, he keep tellingme to hold.
I have been holding on for 11 days.
Please assist me with your contact in Benin / Uniben.
You can PM me.

Thanks

livepluslife:

Yes they will. Application for transcript is N3100, courier is btw N7200 and N8100 depending on courier company u choose. By registered post is N600. You can get your transcript in one week if u r on ground to monitor the process. Good luck
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by livepluslife: 8:44pm On Nov 11, 2014
bo2014:
@ livepluslife

I have placed several calls to someone in Uniben, he keep tellingme to hold.
I have been holding on for 11 days.
Please assist me with your contact in Benin / Uniben.
You can PM me.

Thanks

I don't have a contact I did mine myself. It's a full time job if u wants it early enough. You have to be fully on ground to monitor the movement otherwise it may spend ages on a table.

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bo2014: 9:03pm On Nov 11, 2014
[quote author=livepluslife post=27928997][/quo

@livepluslife

I will follow up on them.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by AceOak: 9:17pm On Nov 11, 2014
Hi guys, sorry , am yet to go to GTB, hope i can do that tomorrow smiley but i have a quick question, i am using my Fixed deposit for POF, do i have to send original FD certificate/contract or photocopy
PS; the deposit is just a month old so i don't want to print statement.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:28pm On Nov 11, 2014
AceOak:
Hi guys, sorry , am yet to go to GTB, hope i can do that tomorrow smiley but i have a quick question, i am using my Fixed deposit for POF, do i have to send original FD certificate/contract or photocopy
PS; the deposit is just a month old so i don't want to print statement.

That {in bold} will suffice.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Fingertips(f): 10:54pm On Nov 11, 2014
Goodevening house, i sent my application today via dhl. Fingers crossed and praying. Cant thank you all enough for the support.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by AlienSPY: 12:05am On Nov 12, 2014
Meritl:

You must submit your certificate for your undergraduate study.
Submitting of transcript is optional.

Can one summit success letter/ statement of result since certificate is not ready?

I mean for a student who just completed undergraduate programme
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 7:38am On Nov 12, 2014
AlienSPY:

Can one summit success letter/ statement of result since certificate is not ready?

Have u worked or have u been working while studying?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 12, 2014
yokus:
Cheers[/b].[/size][/color]

Cheers[/b].[/size]

[/color]" orwith a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express)"
Cheers[/b].[/size][/color]

Damkollins anyone answer, asap can i use a uk bank visa debit card. though its pounds acc. its equivalent to using a naira mastercard right.
Paying with a barclays debit card that has equivalent of $1400canadian dollars. is it possible, did any1 here pay with a foreign visa debit card
It should go...not that any is local. They all belong to companies that operate centrally..MasterCard, Visa, American Express etc. Meanwhile, It is 1400CAD or $1400CA...don't use the dollar sign and dollar at the same time.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by AlienSPY: 8:05am On Nov 12, 2014
ferdimako:

Have u worked or have u been working while studying?

I have been working while studying.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sftt: 8:11am On Nov 12, 2014
Meritl:

You must submit your certificate for your undergraduate study.
Submitting of transcript is optional.

Seniors in the house. Please be more explicit in the above as regards certificate. Are we submitting the secondary/Primary school certificate too in WES?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Demiyike: 9:30am On Nov 12, 2014
Am about applying for the fsw but am confused as per the occupation. I read chemical engineering but I have worked majority of my working life in the financial sector and my NOC is 1114 but I have just one year of work experience with my chemical engineering and my scope of work falls under the 2131 so pls which one should I apply for. thank you Pls anybody to advise
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by b4canada: 12:22pm On Nov 12, 2014
Hi all.
I am new here. Pls is anybody applying under NOC 3012.

I want to apply under 2 NOC can i use photocopy of my IELTS

Tnks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by b4canada: 12:43pm On Nov 12, 2014
sftt:

Seniors in the house. Please be more explicit in the above as regards certificate. Are we submitting the secondary/Primary school certificate too in WES?

WES does not require Pry/Sec sch. cert. I think the other bodies do. I used WES
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zeelo2014: 1:37pm On Nov 12, 2014
Fingertips:
Goodevening house, i sent my application today via dhl. Fingers crossed and praying. Cant thank you all enough for the support.
Goodluck. wish u success. CC or DD?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zeelo2014: 1:39pm On Nov 12, 2014
AlienSPY:

Statement of result is fine.

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (322)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.