Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,079 members, 7,919,475 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 09:22 AM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (836344 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by akhurana487: 9:04pm On Jul 19, 2014
hey guys i just wanted to enquire about one more thing , actually my address is not the same as it is on my passport . should i send my national id in relevance with my old address or the new address, i am so confused on this?? please guide me through this too guys..... dooo respond guys !!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Slya: 9:43pm On Jul 19, 2014
Wonderful house, please i need some clarification on the FSWP.

What is the possibility of having your file (that has already been transferred to Accra from CIC after positive PER) transferred to another visa office eg USA, if you relocated to this new location. Do i have to make this request for transfer myself or they will initiate the transfer once they are notified of the relocation.
Many thanks for your help.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jul 19, 2014
dee1wolex: Hello peeps....plz can anyone help?
I have assessed my cert.....i passed my IELTS (8;7.5;7.5;7).
I need info on how i can get an approved (LMO) job offer frm canada to boast my chance.
Notes: i hav been applying for job online but to no avail.
I learnt som foreign nd local agents do this....any link to them plzzz. Ar they reliable? Plz help.

Thanx.
Look for more points from elsewhere. LMO is not easy.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by jukeblam(m): 10:57pm On Jul 19, 2014
jukeblam: Has anyone ever requested a test re-mark from IELTS??
Can it be worth it or best bet is to resit?

Listening: 9.0
Reading: 8.0
Writing: 5.5
Speaking: 7.0
Overall: 7.5

Right after I checked the result online, I had visited BC (armed with the 15k bank draft) to request the EOR. Was told my paper result wasn't ready, so I couldn't apply for the EOR.

I checked back four days later and this time, I was told my result was already being re-marked thus the delay in printing; I figured God had taken over to help me save money grin and I just look the bank draft for my hand say "Oh well, money saved" wink.

Called another four days later to confirm the result was ready for pick-up and response was in the affirmative, only to get there same day, story story: "Server is down, we cannot print".....anyways, I demanded the result be mailed to the address I provided during registration; after all, the website stated : "You will receive a copy of the result"- na part of my 35k naw.

Got the UPS mail on Friday and my Writing section re-marked with a score of 6.5.
Saved money as well, as I had planned to register spouse and self for the available September date.

Still waiting on WES evaluation now.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by iykedare(m): 12:39am On Jul 20, 2014
Hi guys, i used my gtbank mastercard to pay for my WES. The first time i tried it, a message "error token session" came up. Had to go to d bank and they asked me to try to pay again. Tried it again. RIGHT NOW, THE MONEY HAVE BEEN DEDUCTED TWICE FROM MY ACCOUNT. Has anyone had similar incident like this? Can i get my money back? Money was deducted for d second time on Saturday.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 1:38am On Jul 20, 2014
iykedare: Hi guys, i used my gtbank mastercard to pay for my WES. The first time i tried it, a message "error token session" came up. Had to go to d bank and they asked me to try to pay again. Tried it again. RIGHT NOW, THE MONEY HAVE BEEN DEDUCTED TWICE FROM MY ACCOUNT. Has anyone had similar incident like this? Can i get my money back? Money was deducted for d second time on Saturday.
Just Send a mail to WES. State your complain and they'll get back to you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Grateful2014: 2:42am On Jul 20, 2014
Hello house, gurus... I am just starting this now, please assess me:

Education: BSc Accounting, ACA, MBA
Years of experience: 9 years
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by technolee(m): 4:14am On Jul 20, 2014
Grateful2014: Hello house, gurus... I am just starting this now, please assess me:

Education: BSc Accounting, ACA, MBA =23points if you evaluate your MBA
Years of experience: 9 years =15points if it is relevant to your NOC.
Go take IELTS and you would be fine with a minimum of 17points.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by essluvSJ: 10:45am On Jul 20, 2014
Hi guys,

I also need the IELTS preparatory materials. My email is essluv@yahoo.co.uk

Please I'll appreciate your kind assistance.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by essluvSJ: 10:46am On Jul 20, 2014
koolshine:

Please kindly send to me too (kool.shine@yahoo.com).

Thank you

Send to me too. essluv@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by essluvSJ: 11:34am On Jul 20, 2014
ferdimako:
OK...sent. I hope you guys are calculating d points very well...to avoid over-laboring for no just course.
@ ferdimako,

Please share the IELTS study materials with me. essluv@yahoo.co.uk

Many thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 20, 2014
jukeblam:

Right after I checked the result online, I had visited BC (armed with the 15k bank draft) to request the EOR. Was told my paper result wasn't ready, so I couldn't apply for the EOR.

I checked back four days later and this time, I was told my result was already being re-marked thus the delay in printing; I figured God had taken over to help me save money grin and I just look the bank draft for my hand say "Oh well, money saved" wink.

Called another four days later to confirm the result was ready for pick-up and response was in the affirmative, only to get there same day, story story: "Server is down, we cannot print".....anyways, I demanded the result be mailed to the address I provided during registration; after all, the website stated : "You will receive a copy of the result"- na part of my 35k naw.

Got the UPS mail on Friday and my Writing section re-marked with a score of 6.5.
Saved money as well, as I had planned to register spouse and self for the available September date.

Still waiting on WES evaluation now.
I told u to go for it if u used dat bomb. So British Council remarked without collecting money? They use that N15K to scare folks away...thereby raking up so much fund. Pple dey suffer for dia hand. I don talk am finish.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 20, 2014
essluvSJ: @ ferdimako,

Please share the IELTS study materials with me. essluv@yahoo.co.uk

Many thanks.
let others share give u. I don tire to share!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Grateful2014: 3:13pm On Jul 20, 2014
Thanks a lot. My husband has an MBA from a UK university as well, does it count?

technolee: Age: 30 =12Points
Education: BSc Accounting, ACA, MBA =23points if you evaluate your MBA
Years of experience: 9 years =15points if it is relevant to your NOC.
Go take IELTS and you would be fine with a minimum of 17points.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 20, 2014
Grateful2014: Thanks a lot. My husband has an MBA from a UK university as well, does it count?

It does if u need d extra two points and if d sch can send his transcript to d assessing body with a relative ease.

This situation of having a degree that is not in line with one's job functions should be dealt with finally here.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 20, 2014
iykedare: Hi guys, i used my gtbank mastercard to pay for my WES. The first time i tried it, a message "error token session" came up. Had to go to d bank and they asked me to try to pay again. Tried it again. RIGHT NOW, THE MONEY HAVE BEEN DEDUCTED TWICE FROM MY ACCOUNT. Has anyone had similar incident like this? Can i get my money back? Money was deducted for d second time on Saturday.
The bank should reverse one but first find out from WES if they got doubly paid.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 5:54pm On Jul 20, 2014
Grateful2014: Hello house, gurus... I am just starting this now, please assess me:

[b]Like you are aware already.......your above profile already gives you about 50points provided you have evaluated your education degrees.If your mba evaluation is equivalent to same standard in Canadian education term,you will have your 23points.
Have u done it?......if you have not,please start it immediately as it is the critical path in this FSW project.
WES seems to be averagely good....you can start with them by registering through http://www.wes.org/ca/fswp/ to commence immediately........your IELTS preparation can now follow.
Your hubby's academic qualification does not have any added value to your application if you are the principal applicant.He can only donate 5 points in adaptability factor for IELTS for you if you want him......but with your profile,your hubby does not need to write the IELTS exam.17points is the cheapest that you can easily score.
Remember also that your job responsibilities needs to tally with your interested NOC too especially with reference to the lead statement.
Which NOC are u interested in......if its hot,you need to start early nowwww .
Cheers[/b].
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Grateful2014: 8:17pm On Jul 20, 2014
Thank you very much.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by akhurana487: 8:22pm On Jul 20, 2014
hey guys i just wanted to enquire about one more thing , actually my address is not the same as it is on my passport . should i send my national id in relevance with my old address or the new address, i am so confused on this?? please guide me through this too guys..... dooo respond guys !!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 8:24pm On Jul 20, 2014
Were you able to evidently confirm after your first trial that your account was not debited ?You should have checked your WES account to know if they received your cash or check your account if you have been debited.
If you were sure it was not debited in your first trial and only happened after your 2nd trial despite doing it once........you can follow all righteousness by sending mail to them at through contactca@wes.org stating your complaints.
I have friend that same thing happened to......WES reversed it without complaint mail sent by her after about 4 days.
Yours will be reverted back to your account too if you are sure it's as a result of one single transaction.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by akhurana487: 8:24pm On Jul 20, 2014
hi guys
this thread is incredible i am glad to be here i have got so much information here. i am also applying for fswp application, my birth certificate is in my regional language do i need to get it translated and legalised , so that iis gets accepted?? will anyone plaese guide me on this
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 8:46pm On Jul 20, 2014
akhurana487: hey guys i just wanted to enquire about one more thing , actually my address is not the same as it is on my passport . should i send my national id in relevance with my old address or the new address, i am so confused on this?? please guide me through this too guys..... dooo respond guys !!
I'm not really too sure of the address been referred to here but as much as I'm concerned,difference of address on your documents does not effect your application negatively unless there is a sure case of mis representation verifiable by CIC .
If you don't mind,be specific of this address issue for us all to learn from it.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:56pm On Jul 20, 2014
akhurana487: hi guys
this thread is incredible i am glad to be here i have got so much information here. i am also applying for fswp application, my birth certificate is in my regional language do i need to get it translated and legalised , so that iis gets accepted?? will anyone plaese guide me on this

Yes,any document in other languages than english and french has to be translated and the translated copy hasto be certified. This is to be accompanied by an affidavit from the person who translated the documents to English/French.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by gr8tstar: 8:56pm On Jul 20, 2014
Please I need someone to share with me the IELTS papers, at ogundareolusegun@gmail.com
And please when the FSW for 2014 / 2015 coming out. Thanks!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 9:03pm On Jul 20, 2014
akhurana487: hi guys
Good you are here......Welcome .
Regarding your birth certificate in other language apart from English,you will need to get it translated and the photocopy of the original document copy in your native language must be certified and included in your langauge with the English translated copy.
An affidavit of the translator must accompany your package also.
You can also include a sworn age affidavit for declaration of age to strengthened your claim.
Translation as i explained to you is okay and accepted.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by akhurana487: 9:21pm On Jul 20, 2014
damkollins:
Good you are here......Welcome .
Regarding your birth certificate in other language apart from English,you will need to get it translated and the photocopy of the original document copy in your native language must be certified and included in your langauge with the English translated copy.
An affidavit of the translator must accompany your package also.
You can also include a sworn age affidavit for declaration of age to strengthened your claim.
Translation as i explained to you is okay and accepted.
Cheers.

thank you very much for the response damkollins and all !!!! who can certify the photocopy of my birth certificate ?? a notary public certification will be valid?? and can you please tell me what is sworn age certificate i am rite now applying from UAE(working here) but i belong to punjab, can i get this sworn age certificate from here WITHOUT getting my birth certificate translated and legalised?? and suggestions for me ??
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 9:39pm On Jul 20, 2014
akhurana487:

thank you very much for the response damkollins and all !!!! who can certify the photocopy of my birth certificate ?? a notary public certification will be valid?? and can you please tell me what is sworn age certificate i am rite now applying from UAE(working here) but i belong to punjab, can i get this sworn age certificate from here WITHOUT getting my birth certificate translated and legalised?? and suggestions for me ??
I thought as much .....regarding your nationality.It's nice learning that a Punjabi is attracted to a Nigerian site.I have a couple of Punjabi buddies who i can link you withmto answer your query regarding your localized birth certificate translation.
I know for sure notary public is fine......but it's better you communicate with your nationals that have done it..........its late in the nite from your end i supposes....u should be past midnite now.
Please check your box and respond back to an mail from me to the email u used to register your account on nairaland......I'll refer you to my buddies from there.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Liss: 9:47pm On Jul 20, 2014

I had this same situation when I tried paying for my WES fees. I also used my GTBank mastercard & got a bank balance showing two debits but one record of payment at WES..

I made a complain at the nearest GTBank & the customer service person explained that when doing foreign transactions, the bank holds an extra payment just in case you withdraw before the foreign transaction is concluded. In my case, my money was reversed as I didn't overdraw my account & I didn't have to write any letter of complaint to anyone.

Hope your own works out easily too.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by akhurana487: 9:54pm On Jul 20, 2014
damkollins:
I thought as much .....regarding your nationality.It's nice learning that a Punjabi is attracted to a Nigerian site.I have a couple of Punjabi buddies who i can link you withmto answer your query regarding your localized birth certificate translation.
I know for sure notary public is fine......but it's better you communicate with your nationals that have done it..........its late in the nite from your end i supposes....u should be past midnite now.
Please check your box and respond back to an mail from me to the email u used to register your account on nairaland......I'll refer you to my buddies from there.
Cheers
THank you brother i am glad !!!! thankss for such a great help !!! i actually got attracted by the quality of information i got here !!! i already responded to your email !!!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Grateful2014: 10:09pm On Jul 20, 2014
I'm looking at senior financial manager/ accountant / auditor.

Yes, my experience is in that field.

damkollins:
[b]Like you are aware already.......your above profile already gives you about 50points provided you have evaluated your education degrees.If your mba evaluation is equivalent to same standard in Canadian education term,you will have your 23points.
Have u done it?......if you have not,please start it immediately as it is the critical path in this FSW project.
WES seems to be averagely good....you can start with them by registering through http://www.wes.org/ca/fswp/ to commence immediately........your IELTS preparation can now follow.
Your hubby's academic qualification does not have any added value to your application if you are the principal applicant.He can only donate 5 points in adaptability factor for IELTS for you if you want him......but with your profile,your hubby does not need to write the IELTS exam.17points is the cheapest that you can easily score.
Remember also that your job responsibilities needs to tally with your interested NOC too especially with reference to the lead statement.
Which NOC are u interested in......if its hot,you need to start early nowwww .
Cheers[/b].
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 10:36pm On Jul 20, 2014
Grateful2014: I'm looking at senior financial manager/ accountant / auditor.

Yes, my experience is in that field.

You are good....seems like 3 NOCs for me.
Just commence your ECA as soon as possible.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by jukeblam(m): 11:20pm On Jul 20, 2014
ferdimako:
I told u to go for it if u used dat bomb. So British Council remarked without collecting money? They use that N15K to scare folks away...thereby raking up so much fund. Pple dey suffer for dia hand. I don talk am finish.

Yes o. I just deposited the draft back into my acct on Friday sef.

Frankly, during all that period planning next steps I was just imagining the revenue BC makes from IELTS alone and the thought bn dey worry me! A legitimate money-spinning venture at the expense of the Nigerian man! Choi!

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (322)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.