Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,060 members, 7,925,349 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 02:10 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (836865 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 9:06pm On Jul 31, 2014
yokus:
Please forward to yokusus@yahoo.com
Sent.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by fotogirl: 9:08pm On Jul 31, 2014
Pls forward IELTS material to bukolaakande25@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 9:54pm On Jul 31, 2014
fotogirl: Pls forward IELTS material to bukolaakande25@yahoo.com
Sent.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by shabbey09: 9:34am On Aug 01, 2014
I notice people here say only the highest certificate is required but on ICAS website it says WAEC also should be sent. I sent ICAS a mail to clarify and they said waec should also be sent for Nigerians. I have a Bsc.

Kindly shed some light.

damkollins:
Since we are not too sure if the equivalent of your MBA will be same as Canadian standard,its better to evaluate your Bsc and MBA so that even if its not same as Canadian masters in Canadian equivalence,you will still get 22 points.
Evaluate your Bsc and MBA degrees only.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 10:27am On Aug 01, 2014
shabbey09: I notice people here say only the highest certificate is required but on ICAS website it says WAEC also should be sent. I sent ICAS a mail to clarify and they said waec should also be sent for Nigerians. I have a Bsc.

Kindly shed some light.

[b]My experience and advice on this issue is based on the designated evaluating body that I used...WES.
Unless stated for WES,you are only expected to send your highest academic degree for evaluation.Also because applicants are not sure of the equivalence of their academic degree to Canadian form (especially Msc and Phd),its always better to send the preceding degree certificate to be evaluated.Even if an applicant can not meet the 23points for Msc after the equivalence,he/she will be able to claim 22 points for the mere fact that he evaluated Bsc and Msc.
For ICAS(as seen from the attached,their instruction stated otherwise as you need to submit every academic qualification already obtained with reference to the stated period.
Not only will you send it,you will also make sure they are able to check and verify the result online.
Applicants needs to check the evaluating bodies very well to be sure they can provide their requirement before picking them.
Its funny the way they are operating as your SSCE result should have been a qualifying factor for you to be admitted to bag you Bsc....this information is available in the verification request between the bodies and applicants school.
If you have started your evaluation with them...you may need to follow their instruction.If you have not,I'll advice you to use.
Cheers.[/b]

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by shabbey09: 12:43pm On Aug 01, 2014
Pls send to me @ merciimercii@yahoo.com

damkollins:
Sent.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by shabbey09: 12:47pm On Aug 01, 2014
Thanks so much, I should have used WES but I've paid already and transcript is suppossed to reach them today.
Thanks alot

damkollins:
[b]My experience and advice on this issue is based on the designated evaluating body that I used...WES.
Unless stated for WES,you are only expected to send your highest academic degree for evaluation.Also because applicants are not sure of the equivalence of their academic degree to Canadian form (especially Msc and Phd),its always better to send the preceding degree certificate to be evaluated.Even if an applicant can not meet the 23points for Msc after the equivalence,he/she will be able to claim 22 points for the mere fact that he evaluated Bsc and Msc.
For ICAS(as seen from the attached,their instruction stated otherwise as you need to submit every academic qualification already obtained with reference to the stated period.
Not only will you send it,you will also make sure they are able to check and verify the result online.
Applicants needs to check the evaluating bodies very well to be sure they can provide their requirement before picking them.
Its funny the way they are operating as your SSCE result should have been a qualifying factor for you to be admitted to bag you Bsc....this information is available in the verification request between the bodies and applicants school.
If you have started your evaluation with them...you may need to follow their instruction.If you have not,I'll advice you to use.
Cheers.[/b]
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by koolshine(f): 1:22pm On Aug 01, 2014
shabbey09: I notice people here say only the highest certificate is required but on ICAS website it says WAEC also should be sent. I sent ICAS a mail to clarify and they said waec should also be sent for Nigerians. I have a Bsc.

Kindly shed some light.

I also used ICAS (which looking back now was probably not a good idea). They did not ask for my WAEC.

I started my application since early May. They acknowledged my final document early July (kept calling and same response...mail office too busy). I called them some days ago and they said I may not get a response anytime soon because they are still processing applications they received June 3rd...
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by shabbey09: 1:49pm On Aug 01, 2014
Its written on their website and the snapshot above shows it, Na wa oh. The deed has already been done, all we can do is pray.

koolshine:

I also used ICAS (which looking back now was probably not a good idea). They did not ask for my WAEC.

I started my application since early May. They acknowledged my final document early July (kept calling and same response...mail office too busy). I called them some days ago and they said I may not get a response anytime soon because they are still processing applications they received June 3rd...

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by shabbey09: 2:29pm On Aug 01, 2014
Pls damkolins; merciimercii@yahoo.com

Thanks
shabbey09: Pls send to me @ merciimercii@yahoo.com

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 2:36pm On Aug 01, 2014
shabbey09: Pls damkolins; merciimercii@yahoo.com

Thanks
I sent it before...yesterday I guess.Please check your spam folders.
I already re-sent again now.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by shabbey09: 2:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
It keeps saying "message truncated due to size"
How do we proceed?

damkollins:
I sent it before...yesterday I guess.Please check your spam folders.
I already re-sent again now.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 2:58pm On Aug 01, 2014
shabbey09: It keeps saying "message truncated due to size"
How do we proceed?

If you are opening it on your phone...it may give such message.
try look for a labtop/desktop to check the message.
Better still......get a USB flash drive and visit a cyper cafe and download it on your flash.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by charles316: 6:19pm On Aug 01, 2014
hi guys,
i just got my ielts result.
speaking 6
writing 6.5
listening 6
reading 6

how do I interpret this?

damkollins
solomonwis

please do i even stand a chance in this fswp?
Age 18-35 12points
experience 8 years 15points
education HND+pgd 21points (I`m not so sure of this sef,I need help on this too)
ielts up there??
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by laftta: 6:34pm On Aug 01, 2014
pls, can som1 give d link to WES site
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by charles316: 7:22pm On Aug 01, 2014
laftta: pls, can som1 give d link to WES site

www.wes.org/ca
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by scrollmeout(m): 8:43pm On Aug 01, 2014
Hello house,

I submitted my documents to CIO under NOC 2133 and it was received on June 18th. No debit yet on my account. Should I be worried?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 8:58pm On Aug 01, 2014
charles316: hi guys,
i just got my ielts result.
speaking 6
writing 6.5
listening 6
reading 6

how do I interpret this?

damkollins
solomonwis

please do i even stand a chance in this fswp?
Age 18-35 12points
experience 8 years 15points
education HND+pgd 21points (I`m not so sure of this sef,I need help on this too)
ielts up there??
Writing .......5 points
Listening.......4 points
Speaking.......4 Points
Reading .........4 points....
Total points......17 points .

For your evaluation ,have you written to contact WES?
Write them via contactca@wes.org and see their response..
Also,i believe you may need to improve your points by doing another IELTS test.If you are married,,its a plus for you as your spouse can donate 5 points for you with little or no stress.
Even with 21 or 22 points in your ECA now,you will probably end up with 66 or 65 points.....you need to improve your scores in IELTS or better still,if you are married,your spouse can assist you.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 9:03pm On Aug 01, 2014
laftta: pls, can som1 give d link to WES site
http://www.wes.org/ca/fswp/index.asp
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 9:08pm On Aug 01, 2014
scrollmeout: Hello house,

I submitted my documents to CIO under NOC 2133 and it was received on June 18th. No debit yet on my account. Should I be worried?

You need to be calm and be patient.....real patience .
CIC is currently processing application packages received between 12th and 16th of May,2014.
You need to wait for between 4 and 8 months before it will get to your turn.
Relax...calm down andmstop worrying .
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by scrollmeout(m): 10:43pm On Aug 01, 2014
damkollins:
You need to be calm and be patient.....real patience .
CIC is currently processing application packages received between 12th and 16th of May,2014.
You need to wait for between 4 and 8 months before it will get to your turn.
Relax...calm down andmstop worrying .
Cheers.

Thanks damkollins. I had an earlier application returned after 3weeks due to a typo error and I've been hoping that this new one scales through.
If may ask though, how come u know the exact week being processed. Is it available on the CIC website?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 7:01am On Aug 02, 2014
scrollmeout:

Thanks damkollins. I had an earlier application returned after 3weeks due to a typo error and I've been hoping that this new one scales through.
If may ask though, how come u know the exact week being processed. Is it available on the CIC website?
Your returned application ........was it for this current FSW2014/2015stream or the previous?You will be generous enough to share this typo error with forumites here so that they will learn from it and not make such mistake again......we all learn better from mistakes either positively or negatively .
There is a global forum for applicants where everybody share their timelines of all their milestones from beginning to the end of the whole process.With sufficient data from applicants ,the activities of CIC is easily monitored with respect to applications been treated.With this info though not worldwide,it is a representative fraction of the actual applicants for FSW.Please find below the link to the spreadsheet for which I'm privileged to be among the Admin.
http:///FSW14-Spreadsheet
CIC are too busy to give such info out on the actual applications been processed.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by scrollmeout(m): 10:55am On Aug 02, 2014
damkollins:
Your returned application ........was it for this current FSW2014/2015stream or the previous?You will be generous enough to share this typo error with forumites here so that they will learn from it and not make such mistake again......we all learn better from mistakes either positively or negatively .
There is a global forum for applicants where everybody share their timelines of all their milestones from beginning to the end of the whole process.With sufficient data from applicants ,the activities of CIC is easily monitored with respect to applications been treated.With this info though not worldwide,it is a representative fraction of the actual applicants for FSW.Please find below the link to the spreadsheet for which I'm privileged to be among the Admin.
http:///FSW14-Spreadsheet
CIC are too busy to give such info out on the actual applications been processed.
Cheers.

My earlier application was under another NOC 2243 for the 2013 stream. The typo was in the fee payment form.The total sum was cad 1150 instead of 1250. I discovered this even before my application returned to Nigeria. In order to meet the deadline, I resent the corrected application with a cover note explaining the reasons for having a coloured copy of my IELTS while I awaited the originals from them.

Like I said earlier, my application was still returned in spite of my explanations.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 12:47pm On Aug 02, 2014
scrollmeout:

My earlier application was under another NOC 2243 for the 2013 stream. The typo was in the fee payment form.The total sum was cad 1150 instead of 1250. I discovered this even before my application returned to Nigeria. In order to meet the deadline, I resent the corrected application with a cover note explaining the reasons for having a coloured copy of my IELTS while I awaited the originals from them.

Like I said earlier, my application was still returned in spite of my explanations.

[b]Sorry for what happened .
Just case of next time for other applicants,in your bid to send another application with no original IELTS to accompany it ,applicants need not send with photocopy because no matter what,CIC will never attend to it once they discover it's a photocopy.
British council have a funny way of helping out ......though not fully effective but fairly effective as i got a dose of their negative and positive outputs too.
You are expected to take your addressed completed application package to them without only the IELTS result .You will pay for courier service to the destination you want and British council will help you to insert your original IELTS in your application package.You will not see them put it....but you just have to believe them.It works that way as i have done it before even though they sometimes make mistake of not inserting it.
Coming back to your returned application.......how come it took you long to send again for this stream when you your IELTS and ECA was on ground?
How long did it take CIC to return it?
What's the content of the explanation letter that accompanied your returned application?
Was the second application without original IELTS result also returned?
Some for the series of questions ......the answers will be useful for other applicants in the future.....Soooooo please endeavour to share it for the whole house.
I believe your returned application helped you alot in the last submitted application.....hence it will be successful.
Did you use credit card or DD?
Cheers[/b].
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LiveStudyinSA: 1:41pm On Aug 02, 2014
Hi guys,

please I need IELTS preparatory materials to ritaologun1@gmail.com
Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Klem28(m): 1:56pm On Aug 02, 2014
Please what is the place of a lawyer? Under what occupation can a lawyer apply?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by cheers1234: 2:45pm On Aug 02, 2014
Hello good people,
Its quite interesting going through the thread here and kudos to all sharing great ideas and experiences in the forum. However I still have the following questions. Kindly assist.

1. Is IELTS also applicable to PhD student or PhD holder with publications?

2. For the application, does one need to include the name of kid and all relatives (brothers & sisters) for the purpose of inviting them later?, if yes, would the applicant have to provide the proof of fund for them with the application?

3. Also, on the application form what is the best response to 'why is your dependent not accompany you?

That would be all for now. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Hotstepper(f): 2:54pm On Aug 02, 2014
Hey every, I got 6.5 in reading, 7 in speaking, 7 in writing and 7 in listening. Wats my point for language?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by cheers1234: 3:41pm On Aug 02, 2014
Hey every, I got 6.5 in reading, 7 in speaking, 7 in writing and 7 in listening. Wats my point for language?

I think you can get that from here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 3:46pm On Aug 02, 2014
Hotstepper: Hey every, I got 6.5 in reading, 7 in speaking, 7 in writing and 7 in listening. Wats my point for language?
Reading .......6.5 gives you 5 points
Speaking .......7 gives you 6 points
Writing .............7 gives you 6 points
Listening ..........7 gives you 4 points .
Total points ..........21points .
Source : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp
Cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (322)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.