Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,168 members, 7,880,652 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:47 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (833417 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 9:39pm On Aug 13, 2014
Fingertips: Hello good people,

Commendable job on here. I just came across this post after a friend urged me to apply for this. I have some questions;
1. Is there a closing date for this?
2. What are the step by step process involved granted I have B.Eng and MSc Degrees with over one year experience in the capacity of project engineer.

I appreciate your responses. Many thanks.
1.30th April,2015 is the closing date.
2.You need to evaluate your academic qualifications ....check the process for FSW WES evaluation in www.wes.org.
You will also write IELTS exam as proof of English .......you can register for IELTS with British council Nigeria.
If you have other queries,ask and the members of the house will gladly respond to you.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 9:49pm On Aug 13, 2014
subsidy12: Hi all, I need advice here pls. the Canadian lawyers who assist with ones application for a fee. Do they do anything different than one can do by himself? Do they really have an input or can process the visa faster like they claim. I filled out an assessment and the feedback I got is they use their influence to ensure permanent visa is gotten between 6 and 8months.

Pls Advice. Thank you
Using them does not positively or affect your chances.It does not fast track the process especially when you take Accra visa office into consideration with respect to their 31months processing times.If you settle down yourself and read instruction very well,you will do it with high assurance success rate.The essence of a forum like this is to help such applicants.Many of us applicants here personally handled our package ourselves and the success story is there for you to see.
It is also on records that some of these Canadian lawyers does silly mistake as you will do as individual.
You need to make your decision in the route you want to follow.........both options are fine with no advantage or disadvantage whatsoever.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by twentyfourseven: 10:51am On Aug 14, 2014
Fingertips: Hello good people,

Commendable job on here. I just came across this post after a friend urged me to apply for this. I have some questions;
1. Is there a closing date for this?
2. What are the step by step process involved granted I have B.Eng and MSc Degrees with over one year experience in the capacity of project engineer.

I appreciate your responses. Many thanks.

Closely related occupations are Construction Mgr and Construction Estimator.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ANBAKO: 12:05pm On Aug 14, 2014
twentyfourseven:

Closely related occupations are Construction Mgr and Construction Estimator.

You might not be so sure. Project engineering can be virtually in any engineering field.
@ fingertips, please clarify which area of engineering you are into.

Good luck
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 14, 2014
damkollins:
Your ssce result can be evaluated but i doubt if you will be able to get to the minimum mark of 67 points to qualify you for eligibility.Your ssce evaluation will only give you 5points.
Maximum of experience will fetch you 15points,maximum of IELTS will give you 24 points,maximum of adaptability will earn you about 10 points making a total points of 54 points which is still about 13points short of 67points minimum for you to be eligible.
Without 67 points minimum,you will and can not qualify to apply for FSW.
Cheers.

Thank you for the input...... What will my age fetch me (mid 30's)
My IELTS breakdown is

Reading.............. 6.0
Writing ...............6.0
Listening..............6.0
Speaking .............7.0
Overall score.........6.5

Will my husbands education give me any mark (Graduate with professional certs).

i need urgent response pllessssssss
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by twentyfourseven: 12:22pm On Aug 14, 2014
ANBAKO:

You might not be so sure. Project engineering can be virtually in any engineering field.

Good luck

While i agree with that, i guess you should check up
the details of each occupation (Engineering) on the NOC.

Based on that, I still firmly believe that Constuction Mgr/Estimator and Civil Engineering
fit in best to claim the required ponts for Work Experience.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ANBAKO: 1:34pm On Aug 14, 2014
twentyfourseven:

While i agree with that, i guess you should check up
the details of each occupation (Engineering) on the NOC.

Based on that, I still firmly believe that Constuction Mgr/Estimator and Civil Engineering
fit in best to claim the required ponts for Work Experience.

What if he is practising his project engineering in the field of mechanical or even computer/electronics engineering?......what I am saying is that project engineering is not only about construction or civil engineering. It is a broad role in the engineering field.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 2:44pm On Aug 14, 2014
nkechima:

Thank you for the input...... What will my age fetch me (mid 30's)
My IELTS breakdown is

Reading.............. 6.0
Writing ...............6.0
Listening..............6.0
Speaking .............7.0
Overall score.........6.5

Will my husbands education give me any mark (Graduate with professional certs).

i need urgent response pllessssssss
[b]What is your hubby's profession?
If you hubby's profession is listed among the 50 professions,I think it will be better for him to be the principal applicant since he has a grauate (Bsc degree) that will fetch your family additional 16 marks compared to your 5 marks for education.
As it is now,your IELTS result gives you 4+4+4+6= 18 points
Age (18 to 35 years) = 12 points
7 year experience = 15 points
For now...you have 45points and you need minimum of 67points.

If your hubby did it,He'll have 21 points for his Bsc degree after evaluation.
If he's btw 18 to 35 years ,he'll have 12 points.
If he has up 6 years experience,he'll have 15 points.
He can claim 5 points based on your own IELTS score.
If hubby writes IELTS(General) and gets minimum acceptable mark of 6 in all 4 languages,he will have 16 points.
Adding them together will give you...21+12+15+5+16
=69 points.
For now,the above scenario is the best available option for your family on this FSW as your SSCE certificate will not make your family get 67 points.
Cheers.[/b]
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by twentyfourseven: 3:22pm On Aug 14, 2014
ANBAKO:

What if he is practising his project engineering in the field of mechanical or even computer/electronics engineering?......what I am saying is that project engineering is not only about construction or civil engineering. It is a broad role in the engineering field.

okay, goodluck to everyone!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 14, 2014
damkollins:
[b]What is your hubby's profession?
If you hubby's profession is listed among the 50 professions,I think it will be better for him to be the principal applicant since he has a grauate (Bsc degree) that will fetch your family additional 16 marks compared to your 5 marks for education.
As it is now,your IELTS result gives you 4+4+4+6= 18 points
Age (18 to 35 years) = 12 points
7 year experience = 15 points
For now...you have 45points and you need minimum of 67points.

If your hubby did it,He'll have 21 points for his Bsc degree after evaluation.
If he's btw 18 to 35 years ,he'll have 12 points.
If he has up 6 years experience,he'll have 15 points.
He can claim 5 points based on your own IELTS score.
If hubby writes IELTS(General) and gets minimum acceptable mark of 6 in all 4 languages,he will have 16 points.
Adding them together will give you...21+12+15+5+16
=69 points.
For now,the above scenario is the best available option for your family on this FSW as your SSCE certificate will not make your family get 67 points.
Cheers.[/b]

Thank you

He studied accounting in school
NIM (Nigerian institute of management ) cert
CIA ( Chartered institute of Administration) cert

Although he is into freight forwarding (Logistics or procurement )
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by constant57: 7:00pm On Aug 14, 2014
Good day honorable members of this thread,

I have a friend who is seeking to migrate to Canada through the federal skilled programme. His profile is below

Age. 32
Educational qualifications Bsc (chemistry), Msc ( intl affairs and diplomacy)
Work experience: 8yrs (as a marketer in Banks)

Now my question is can he apply as a Financial and Investment analyst considering the nature of marketing in Nigerian Banks?

Secondly, gurus should help me to analyse his points so as to know the minimum points he need to score on IELTS.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Fingertips(f): 7:31pm On Aug 14, 2014
damkollins:
1.30th April,2015 is the closing date.
2.You need to evaluate your academic qualifications ....check the process for FSW WES evaluation in www.wes.org.
You will also write IELTS exam as proof of English .......you can register for IELTS with British council Nigeria.
If you have other queries,ask and the members of the house will gladly respond to you.
Cheers.

Thank you very much. I appreciate.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Fingertips(f): 7:33pm On Aug 14, 2014
ANBAKO:

Good luck

I'm into construction. So likely fall under civil engineer.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 7:37pm On Aug 14, 2014
Fingertips:

I'm into construction. So likely fall under civil engineer.

Check the responsibilities for a civil Engineer to see if they fall in line with your current job duties.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Fingertips(f): 12:27am On Aug 15, 2014
Meritl:

Check the responsibilities for a civil Engineer to see if they fall in line with your current job duties.

Yes it does. Do I have to get the transcripts sent in first before I apply for assessment or I can go ahead and pay/apply for the assessment pending when the transcripts are sent WES?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 12:52am On Aug 15, 2014
Fingertips:

Yes it does. Do I have to get the transcripts sent in first before I apply for assessment or I can go ahead and pay/apply for the assessment pending when the transcripts are sent WES?

I advice you make the payment first so that you can get a reference number to attach along when sending the transcript.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by constant57: 7:07am On Aug 15, 2014
constant57: Good day honorable members of this thread,

I have a friend who is seeking to migrate to Canada through the federal skilled programme. His profile is below

Age. 32

Now my question is can he apply as a Financial and Investment analyst considering the nature of marketing in Nigerian Banks?

Secondly, gurus should help me to analyse his points so as to know the minimum points he need to score on IELTS.

Thank you.

Dear All,

Sorry for bugging you with questions. Please, I am still awaiting reply to these questions.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:08am On Aug 15, 2014
constant57:

Dear All,

Sorry for bugging you with questions. Please, I am still awaiting reply to these questions.

Thank you
Look at d ones damkollins has done in d past and determine urs. One is right above u....at a point he and others could get tired. Think about that!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 8:39am On Aug 15, 2014
nkechima:

Thank you

He studied accounting in school
NIM (Nigerian institute of management ) cert
CIA ( Chartered institute of Administration) cert

Although he is into freight forwarding (Logistics or procurement )
You need to be sure of his Job duties been among the 50 professions advertised.
Its not his designation/tittle that matters....its his job descriptions/duties/responsibilities that matters.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 9:00am On Aug 15, 2014
constant57: Good day honorable members of this thread,

Age. 32

Thank you.
He can apply provided his/her job duties is that of the Financial and Investment Analyst......If his reference says so.

Age...............12 points
Academics......23 points (after successful evaluation of Msc degree)
Experience.......15 points (8years).
Total - 50 points
He needs to score minimum 17 marks in IELTS to get 67 points to apply.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by seedgie(m): 11:51am On Aug 15, 2014
Hello guys
i just noticed something about WES that they do not evaluate documents from my BSc sch (University of Port Harcourt) and am not through with my MSc program which i am currently running in Uniben. Please I need advice ooo.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ANBAKO: 12:50pm On Aug 15, 2014
@ seedgie, Try other evaluation organizations. There is ICAS and CES. Their conditions vary. I personally used CES.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by constant57: 1:09pm On Aug 15, 2014
damkollins:
He can apply provided his/her job duties is that of the Financial and Investment Analyst......If his reference says so.

Age...............12 points
Academics......23 points (after successful evaluation of Msc degree)
Experience.......15 points (8years).
Total - 50 points
He needs to score minimum 17 marks in IELTS to get 67 points to apply.
Cheers.

Thanks Sir!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Ekpekus(m): 2:00pm On Aug 15, 2014
@Damikollins thank you very much for the IELTS materials you sent me via mail. they were so helpful. just checked my result:
Speaking: 7.5
Reading: 8.5
Writing: 7.0
Listening: 8.0

i believe this earn me the maximum 24 points? or will there be an additional 4points as said by @solomonwis
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ANBAKO: 3:09pm On Aug 15, 2014
Ekpekus: @Damikollins thank you very much for the IELTS materials you sent me via mail. they were so helpful. just checked my result:

i believe this earn me the maximum 24 points? or will there be an additional 4points as said by @solomonwis

24 points. There will be no additional 4 points unless you write the French test and pass with required scores.

Goodluck.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ANBAKO: 3:16pm On Aug 15, 2014
@ seedgie, I could not see you PM but all the same if your question is per evaluation, I have checked CES and there is no any indication that they will not evaluate your BSC from U of PH. So I will advise you contact CES through e-mail to be sure that they will evaluate your certificate.

http://learn.utoronto.ca/international-professionals/comparative-education-service-ces/ces-services/assessments-for-immigration-purposes

Below is their requirement for Nigeria

Secondary Education

All external examination results issued by the appropriate examining body [e.g. West African Examination Council (WAEC) or National Examinations Council (NECO) Senior School Certificate, General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE), General Certificate of Education - Ordinary Level (GCE O-Level), General Certificate of Education - Advanced Level (GCE A-Level)]

WAEC and NECO results must be sent directly to CES except for the following:
A scratch card Personal Identification Number (PIN) number is required for:

West African Senior School Certificate (WASSCE) results received from 1991 to present;
National Examinations Council (NECO) Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (SSCE) results received from 2000 to Nov 2006.
Notes

The results submitted must be issued by the appropriate examining body and not the secondary school.
Information regarding the WAECDIRECT Scratch card is available at: http://www.waecdirect.org/
Information regarding the NECO Result Checker Scratch card is available at: http://www.neconigeria.org/
Post-secondary Education

All final Diplomas issued by the institution attended
(e.g. National Diploma, Higher National Diploma, Post Higher National Diplomas)
and
All final Diplomas issued by the institution attended
(e.g. National Diploma, Higher National Diploma, Post Higher National Diplomas)

All final Degree certificates issued by the institution attended
[e.g. Diploma, Bachelor, Master, Ph.D]
and
Notification of final results/academic transcript listing all courses taken and individual grades obtained for all post-secondary study issued by the institution attended
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 3:46pm On Aug 15, 2014
Ekpekus: @Damikollins thank you very much for the IELTS materials you sent me via mail. they were so helpful. just checked my result:

Congrats!
Please leave out the famous "4 points" and concentrate on what you are assured of.
Congrats once again.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 5:31pm On Aug 15, 2014
Hi everyone, pls i need someone to interprete this message for me as I have sent my transcript to WES and have not yet applied.

Does that mean that my transcript would not be evaluated?

Secondly, I tried checking my result on british council website and was ask to input Identification no.

What is that, as i am not aware of any identification no?

Pls reply

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 5:41pm On Aug 15, 2014

Hi Pls i need to check my result too. Where did you check yours?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Ekpekus(m): 6:28pm On Aug 15, 2014
ANBAKO:

24 points. There will be no additional 4 points unless you write the French test and pass with required scores.

Goodluck.
Okay! thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Ekpekus(m): 6:32pm On Aug 15, 2014
https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/CheckAvailability.aspx
yomifowe:

Hi Pls i need to check my result too. Where did you check yours?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Ekpekus1: 6:38pm On Aug 15, 2014
yomifowe: Hi everyone, pls i need someone to interprete this message for me as I have sent my transcript to WES and have not yet applied.

Does that mean that my transcript would not be evaluated?

Secondly, I tried checking my result on british council website and was ask to input Identification no.

What is that, as i am not aware of any identification no?

Pls reply
Identification number is your passport number

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (322)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.