Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,856 members, 7,938,504 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 07:51 AM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (837803 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 9:37am On Sep 03, 2014
yomfad:

@Damkolins, are u saying Verification request will still be sent even after receipt of Certificate and Transcript by WES? in that case my school maybe right asking me to 50 dollar for "verification" aside transcript request fee already paid!
The verification request is a standard procedure been carried out.I wouldn't know why your school will ask such payment for verification request response.
Nigerian school?
They are not suppose to ask....all they need do is just to respond to the request from WES.
For me and most applicants that I know,no fee was charged.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by 3rdHigh: 10:15am On Sep 03, 2014
damkollins:
Funny from Plural house...I know a couple of applicants that have done there without such inquiries.
I also did it there.
You don't not to worry,what matters is the favour for which it is drafted...the rest is unnecessary.
You are fine.
Cheers.

Thanks, but to guide against return I have also included my visa card details with a little note that either the draft or the card could be used if the draft fail to go through........just being proactive, what do you think?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 03, 2014
3rdHigh:

Thanks, but to guide against return I have also included my visa card details with a little note that either the draft or the card could be used if the draft fail to go through........just being proactive, what do you think?
No need...draft is a sure money. Don't involve ur visa card's details.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 11:16am On Sep 03, 2014
damkollins:
There is a global forum which we monitor which have a representative fraction of the total application submitted(http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fsw-2014-applicants-timeline-lets-network-here-t199004.0.html).
From the data(https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11gAbKSoDoOr1s8_raB1qwz0i-ZH0NyNWhhn18O6kHwQ/htmlview?sle=true#gid=1627896255),we have a fair understanding of applications been processed with everybody's timeline.
You can also take your time to go through it.For us here,this thread seems to address issues that are regional to us in the country but most of us actively monitor the thread.
Personally,I'm one of the administrator of the documented SS.
Your NOC should be fairly stable and wait for you....Just do your best and hope/pray for the best....nobody really knows what will happen in the coming days.
Cheers.

Thanks Damkollins. I remember this post some weeks back. I get it now.
God bless.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 11:45am On Sep 03, 2014
Hi everyone, was trying to check my update from wes.org website and got this.

Anyone else experience this?

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 12:11pm On Sep 03, 2014
3rdHigh:

[size=19pt]Draft is 1000% sure.
Please remove it...your intentions may be mis-interpreted.
Cheers.
[/size]
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 12:15pm On Sep 03, 2014
yomifowe: Hi everyone, was trying to check my update from wes.org website and got this.

Anyone else experience this?
Its normal in the early hours of the day as most applicant try to access it at the same time.
There is a limit to which it can be accommodated....once the limit reaches....it shuts other applicants out by displaying the message.
try again later.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by boltemi: 12:38pm On Sep 03, 2014
Hello people, pls I need to know what to do to pay for ielts online. My first attempt was not successful ad whenever I login on the candidate area using the reference no I was given, it only takes me to payment using bankdraft and I want to pay online with my card.

Pls advise me on what to do.

Meanwhile, payment for my wife was successful
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by 15thaugust: 12:47pm On Sep 03, 2014
3rdHigh:

Go to google, search for int'l express web address, on their website, you will see where. To track with the number provided by WES

Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by 15thaugust: 12:51pm On Sep 03, 2014
damkollins:
From experience,WES normally use UPS service.
Use their tracking link below to check...
http://www.ups.com/tracking/tracking.html
Cheers.

Ok.thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomfad(m): 2:44pm On Sep 03, 2014
[quote author=AyaNiyi][/quote]

Oh Thanks. My Mind is at rest now.But this Canny Stuff no be small tin o!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomfad(m): 2:49pm On Sep 03, 2014
damkollins:
The verification request is a standard procedure been carried out.I wouldn't know why your school will ask such payment for verification request response.
Nigerian school?
They are not suppose to ask....all they need do is just to respond to the request from WES.
Cheers.

Yes o. school in Nigeria. In fact i called exams and records and i was told that i ve to pay $50 to a specified sch account before they can respond.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by gogochocolate: 3:46pm On Sep 03, 2014
damkollins:
Nigerian school?
Cheers.

some school charge fees for verification. My school asked me to pay about N7,000 for verification into the school account. i was issued a receipt for it. They gave me two options for them to send the verification letter by courier or electronically via email. I opted for the electronic confirmation and WES confirmed verification immediately. Each school has a process and fee and you must follow it or else they will leave your letter unattended to. Schools that charge are generally more efficient because they know the Alumnus has paid and they most deliver.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by AceOak: 3:55pm On Sep 03, 2014
my seniors, please do you think it is advisable to use a print out of your retirement savings account as 30% of your POF?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bees74: 4:16pm On Sep 03, 2014
queen47:

My dear, I've typed 2X and mistakingly deleted everything I typed

Anyway, wes address is www.wes.org/ca. You apply there, make payment, you will get a reference no when you make payment, complete your application, print out a completed transcript request form, go to your school with that, your school will be the one to send your transcript while you send copies of your certs to wes yourself.

When these arrive wes, wes will now be the one to send NMC copies of yoir certs NOT YOU (usually, wes will email you to inform you that they have sent your certificates to NMC for verification), you will then get intouch with NMC for further directives from them.

So you are not paying any money to NMC untill your certs have arrived there

Pls help.i am new to this thread and not sure if anyone gets this.i am presently arranging my documents for submission but i need help with the wes credential evaluation.i am a graduate nurse with bsc nursing.i also have rn and rm.my school has already sent my transcripts to wes but am not sure if nursing council needs to send verification of my rn and rm too.the reason am asking is because they are charging about 17,500 for d two and a friend of mine says its absolutely unnecessary.nurse in d house.queen and omasa pls help
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 03, 2014
bees74:
Pls help.i am new to this thread and not sure if anyone gets this.i am presently arranging my documents for submission but i need help with the wes credential evaluation.i am a graduate nurse with bsc nursing.i also have rn and rm.my school has already sent my transcripts to wes but am not sure if nursing council needs to send verification of my rn and rm too.the reason am asking is because they are charging about 17,500 for d two and a friend of mine says its absolutely unnecessary.nurse in d house.queen and omasa pls help
Your B.Sc supercedes and should suffice as ur 21points and education have been documentarily assessed. RM and RN do not show ur duties or skills but employment reference letters do. So RN and RM for WES are optional if u have the time and cash...they won't contribute any migration points. However, u can include them to CIC, Sydney Nova Scotia.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by omasa: 7:31pm On Sep 03, 2014
bees74:

Dnt tink u nid verification from nursing council.but all d same wen wes sends ur documents for verification it will be stated wher it was sent to.jst chill till then.dnt pay any fee yet to council
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bees74: 7:42pm On Sep 03, 2014
ferdimako:
Your B.Sc supercedes and should suffice as ur 21points and education have been documentarily assess. RM and RN do not show ur duties or skills but employment reference letters do. So RN and RM for WES are optional if u have the time and cash...they won't contribute any migration points. However, u can include them to CIC, Sydney Nova Scotia.
Thank u very much ferdimako and everyone on this forum.pls i av other questions and i will list them below
Do i need to include my nysc service experience in d column on economic form that asks for places i have worked in the past 10 years and my main duties
If no,would it not mean that i already stated nysc on the background form on what i have been doing since i was eighteen
Do i add nursery education to the total number of years spent in school
Do i include my ssce result when submitting my educational credentials or just university
Is it necessary to include my spouses' educational credentials
I had to resit my waec in another school.
a.would this affect the number of years i calculate to be spent in school
b.should i state this school as where i obtained my ssce and leave the space blank for the other school where i spent 3 years but did not make my papers.

I know the questions are much but will appreciate any and all response.
Thank u all
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 03, 2014
bees74:
Thank u very much ferdimako and everyone on this forum.pls i av other questions and i will list them below
Do i need to include my nysc service experience in d column on economic form that asks for places i have worked in the past 10 years and my main duties
If no,would it not mean that i already stated nysc on the background form on what i have been doing since i was eighteen
Do i add nursery education to the total number of years spent in school
Do i include my ssce result when submitting my educational credentials or just university
Is it necessary to include my spouses' educational credentials
I had to resit my waec in another school.
a.would this affect the number of years i calculate to be spent in school
b.should i state this school as where i obtained my ssce and leave the space blank for the other school where i spent 3 years but did not make my papers.

I know the questions are much but will appreciate any and all response.
Thank u all
ur spouse's educational achievements are not needed. Include all ur documents:Nursery,primary,O'levels,RN,RM,B.Sn + nysc...those will help straighten and collaborate ur timeline. Anything be it certificates & transcripts. Ur spouse may include his IELTS TRF if u guys are claiming adaptability points, then his passport biodata page and his forms.

Let others wade in.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 8:04pm On Sep 03, 2014
Got 2 questions to ask the house.
1. Can CIC be trusted to giving them my card details or I just use a draft.
2. Should the balance be in CAD dollars or Naira.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 8:04pm On Sep 03, 2014
Got 2 questions to ask the house.
1. Can CIC be trusted to give them my card details or I just use a draft.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 03, 2014
omasa:

Dnt tink u nid verification from nursing council.but all d same wen wes sends ur documents for verification it will be stated wher it was sent to.jst chill till then.dnt pay any fee yet to council
WES assesses what u want and what u want is what u put on that form. So assessing her B.Sc which is d highest educational achievement is d best. I don't think she got it from council. She can just include her RN + RM things in CIC package.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 03, 2014
Meritl: Got 2 questions to ask the house.
Try raise a draft via gtb in CAD in favor of CIC Sydney, Nova Scotia. card or bank infrastructure could fail u.
Ur balance can be in Naira, USD or CAD.Equivalent of d number of people in d application is what matters...in ur case for two adults. Am I right?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 8:30pm On Sep 03, 2014
ferdimako:
Try raise a draft via gtb in CAD in favor of CIC Sydney, Nova Scotia. card or bank infrastructure could fail u.
Ur balance can be in Naira, USD or CAD.Equivalent of d number of people in d application is what matters...in ur case for two adults. Am I right?

Oga Ferdi, you are right. Na tins for two I dae do now o.
I see reasons with you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Bcolah(f): 8:37pm On Sep 03, 2014
Hi, just checked my ielts results again. How many points do I have? Please help.

Listening - 8.5
Reading -8.0
Writing- 7.0
Speaking - 7.5
Overall -8.0
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 8:39pm On Sep 03, 2014
boltemi: Hello people, pls I need to know what to do to pay for ielts online. My first attempt was not successful ad whenever I login on the candidate area using the reference no I was given, it only takes me to payment using bankdraft and I want to pay online with my card.

Pls advise me on what to do.

Meanwhile, payment for my wife was successful

I experienced the same thing for over 3 days while trying to pay for my wife for the August 16 date.. I just had to pay via draft before it got too late.
Please hurry up before it gets late.
Cheers (Damkollins).
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by benik(f): 8:42pm On Sep 03, 2014
Bcolah: Hi, just checked my ielts results again. How many points do I have? Please help.

Listening - 8.5
Reading -8.0
Writing- 7.0
Speaking - 7.5
Overall -8.0

hi, did you write yours in Lagos?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Bcolah(f): 8:45pm On Sep 03, 2014
Yes benik, I wrote it in lagos.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by benik(f): 9:19pm On Sep 03, 2014
Bcolah: Yes benik, I wrote it in lagos.

ok guess i have to keep waiting for mine
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 9:51pm On Sep 03, 2014
Meritl: Got 2 questions to ask the house.
1.CIC can be trusted but i will advice you to go with draft.
2.If you are using credit card,leave the nairaland currency...an equivalent Canadian currency with be deducted.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 9:55pm On Sep 03, 2014
Bcolah: Hi, just checked my ielts results again. How many points do I have? Please help.

Listening - 8.5
Reading -8.0
Writing- 7.0
Speaking - 7.5
Overall -8.0
24 points.
Congrats to you.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 9:56pm On Sep 03, 2014

Listening - 8.5
Reading -8.0
Writing- 7.0
Speaking - 7.5
Overall -8.0

U got 24 points. Bravo!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (322)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.