Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,902 members, 7,922,200 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 08:53 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (308008 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Demokrazy: 8:57pm On Oct 17, 2010
Hi guys,

Apologies in advance for a rather LOOONG first post

After reading a few posts on here,I believe you might be able to offer insight into my current situation (apologies if answers have been provided to this question, I'm just too lazy to go through all of 105 pages)***Just to give a quick background to the situation.
I joined my mother in the UK 11 yrs ago and we both hold settlement visas
I have a younger sister (23yrs old) but my mother was unable to bring her over here when my application was processed as mum is a single parent and couldn't afford to bring both of us at the same time.

In 2006 (I was still a student and was not financially stable) my mother applied for settlement visa for my sister, however this was declined on the basis that they did not believe my mother would be able to financially take care of both of us on her low-income, and also on the basis that they believed that since my nan resides in Nigeria and my sister lives with her hence she has someone to stay with, We did not appeal this as mum was unable to keep paying the solicitor to go through appeal.

Fast forward to 2010, I already finished Uni 2yrs ago and now working full time, we decided to apply for a visiting Visa ,we decided on visiting rather than Settlement Visa again as the process is faster and my sis is also no longer interested in settling in UK as she now has a 2yrs old son and doesn't want to separate her son from his father for a long stretch of time.

My sister is currently a trainee hairdresser, hoping to learn this vocation so she can run her own Beauty Salon, she pays to learn the trade so she is not employed and she is supported financially by mum and me (her partner is a struggling student, thanks to Nigerian Universities' knack of regular strike actions.)

Anyhoo,she applied with her son in Sept for a visiting Visa, and we got the a refusal letter stating:

1.)You state that you have worked as a trainee hairdresser since 2009 but you failed to declare your income.
I am not satisfied that you have provided adequate evidence to substantiate this claim. You have provided no evidence of income or employment in Nigeria in support of your application. I am not satisfied that your circumstance are as claimed.

2.) You have provided little in the way of documentary evidence of your personal and financial circumstances in Nigeria. Full knowledge of your circumstances is an important consideration when assessing your application for a visit visa. In the absence of such evidence you have not satisfied me on the balance of probability, that your circumstance are as claimed , that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for a limited period as stated by you, or that you intend to leave the UK at the end of the period stated by you.

3.) You are a single mother with no evidence of income or employment in Nigeria. You have no evidence of savings in support of your application. I note that you intend to visit your mother and other immediate family in the UK and that you have previously been refused a settlement Visa to join them. Given your current circumstances in Nigeria I am not satisfied that you genuinely intend to visit the UK for the purpose and period stated on this occasion.You appear to have little in the way of personal income or assets in your own country.
In light of all the above I consider that you have failed to show sufficiently strong family,social or economic ties to satisfy me, on balance of probabilities that you intend to leave the United Kingdom on completion of a short visit.

So people, my case is this:

On the application we did state that she is a trainee who does not receive income and is wholly supported financially by us.
We also obtained letter from the establishment where she is a trainee to attest to this fact, the woman even stated in the letter we got from her stating exactly how much she charged that she can provide copy of the receipt issued when my sister enrolled, In the letter she also expressly granted her leave for the visit as well as indicating the end date for my sister's training which is next year.

However,looking at the letter of refusal, it seems the ECO is simply referring to the same issue in all 3 bullet points and not taking any of the evidence provided into consideration.

I do not understand what asset a 23yrs old can be expected to hold in Nigeria!!We also provided documentary evidence of monthly money transfers to her account for her upkeep, as well as proofs of our bank statements, wage slips, settlement visa etc.

We have the right to appeal, however I just do not understand how else to explain to these people that YES she is a single mother, who is an apprentice and is financially dependent on her mother and sister, Please any helpful and constructive help will be appreciated, God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Dantecmu(m): 1:28am On Oct 18, 2010
@Demokrazy

Having carefully read tru ur post its gonna be difficult for ur sis to get a visa but not impossible, her status has to chenge she is 23 and has no source of income meeennnn and she has a child and no husband and she previously applied for a settlement visa and now she is applying for a visit visa wif her child her only tie back home in naija, this case in soo straight fwd the ECO feels she wanna run away as in if na me i go feel same fing if na u u go feel same fing, her status has to change probably she shud finish her training open up a hairdressing saloon and the she should apply alone, at 23 in Nigeria some pple gat steady income and have ties back home i started travelling when i was 21 and i sponsored maself , well fings happen ma broderman but i see red flag every where it all seems like she wanna runaway in as much as that might not be the case her chances are slim but she might as well as try applying alone lets see how it goes,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by luvedup: 7:28pm On Oct 18, 2010
hello NL folks, i need your help on this issue, my fiancé has invited me to the UK for december all expence paid(he will be paying for everything), the problem is i only hav fifty thousand naira in my account, and i hav been informed that i need about 500,000 naira in my account if i want to apply for a tourist visa. my guy cant give me his  account details(for reasons i cant go into now) but is ready to foot the bill for my trip.
please advice me on what to do i really want to go visit him  sad pls advice me on wats my best option or wat u think i should do between now and december.
GOD bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by notjustok: 9:34pm On Oct 18, 2010
luvedup:

hello NL folks, i need your help on this issue, my fiancé has invited me to the UK for december all expence paid(he will be paying for everything), the problem is i only hav fifty thousand naira in my account, and i hav been informed that i need about 500,000 naira in my account if i want to apply for a tourist visa. my guy cant give me his  account details(for reasons i cant go into now) but is ready to foot the bill for my trip.
please advice me on what to do i really want to go visit him  sad pls advice me on wats my best option or wat u think i should do between now and december.
GOD bless

Point of correction you dont need up to 500k. you would be applying wif invitation letter what u need to do is provide as much ties as possible to your homeland Nigeria, and maybe borrow some mny step up ur account to be about 200k, he should also send you his paystubs utility bills bank details very important to show he can comfortably take kare of your expenses,  rem say na when u get visa ur fience go comot cash so 1st fin 1st.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by osasoj(f): 9:34am On Oct 19, 2010
Hello, if you really want to visit anywhere in the world 4 a vacation you and your family contact 08181199607 and text yes,your name,place of work/business and where you live, then give us a call.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by chiazogom: 7:06pm On Oct 19, 2010
Has anyone been successful with a visa application in this forum. We don't hear of any who is. My brother submitted tuesday last week and he got a text message today that he should pick up. Does it go this fast? Just nervous for him. Anyone know any other person that his was fast.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 20, 2010
chiazogom:

Has anyone been successful with a visa application in this forum. We don't hear of any who is. My brother submitted tuesday last week and he got a text message today that he should pick up. Does it go this fast? Just nervous for him. Anyone know any other person that his was fast.

Several people have been successful both in and outside this forum myself inclusive.

A minimum of 5 working days is required for processing. This doesn't mean your visa has been approved. All this means is for you to collect your passport.

For the UK you only find out when you collect your passport
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by notjustok: 5:45pm On Oct 21, 2010
Well a friend of mine applied for a uk visiting visa submitted on monday this week got an sms on tuesday picked up visa on Wednesday i was wondering when dey became this fast for first timers,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by felaola(m): 9:20pm On Oct 21, 2010
i applied for visa to attend my girlfriends graduation ceremony to take place on the 3rd of november and i went to pick up my passport today but i was refused entry and here are the reasons:

You have stated that your brother in law is to fund your trip to the UK. You state that he is your sisters husband. however you have not provided satisfactory documentary evidence to confirm that he is related to you as stated. I am therefore not satisfied that you have a genuine offer of financial sponsorship for this trip. Therefore on balance of probabilities, i am not satisfied that you will be maintained and accomodated in the UK witout workin or having recourse to public funds

you stated that you intend to visit your girlfriend in the UK And attend her graduation ceremony. However, you have not provided satisfactory evidence of your relationship (for example any correspondence between two of you or photos taken together). I am therefore not satisfied from the evidence available that Miss oni is your girlfriend/partner. Therefore on the balance of probabilities, i am not satisfied that you are genuinly seeking entry as a visitor for a limited period not exceeding 6months or that you intend to leave the UK at the end of the visit.

I have therefore refused your application because i am not satisfied on the balance of probabilities that you meet all the requirments of the above paragraphs of the immigration rules.

YOUR RIGHT OF APPEAL:
Your application does not attract a full right of appeal under section 82 of the nationality immigratin and asylum act 2002. Your right of appeal is limited to any or all of the grounds referred to in section 84(1) b and c of the nationality immigration and asylum act 2002 namely:

b. the decision is unlawfuly by virtue of section 19B of the race relation act 1976 (c. 74)(discrimication of public authorities)
c.that the decision is unlawful under section 6 of the human rights act of 1998

sorry for the typographical errors, please guys what do i do in this situation? do i reapply immediately with the proof they need or what?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ulale: 1:19pm On Oct 22, 2010
i want to apply for uk tourist visa, i have the following documents, what are the certainty of getting my visa
i have my personal bank statement with a balance of $3000
i have letter from my university
i have my hotel booking comfirmation,

i want to visit uk for a period of ten days, and my father is going to pay for my trip, do i need to provide any document from my father since i have already held $3000 in my personal bank account,
i am nigerian student in malaysia, and i want to apply here in malaysia not in nigeria

pls if there is another document i need, let me know
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Firefire(m): 2:35am On Oct 23, 2010
i want to apply for uk tourist visa, i have the following documents, what are the certainty of getting my visa
i have my personal bank statement with a balance of $3000
i have letter from my university
i have my hotel booking comfirmation,

i want to visit uk for a period of ten days, and my father is going to pay for my trip, do i need to provide any document from my father since i have already held $3000 in my personal bank account,
i am nigerian student in malaysia, and i want to apply here in malaysia not in nigeria

pls if there is another document i need, let me know

You want to visit UK for ten days
1. You need to provide proof or source of your 3,000 USD e.g Employment, Business, Investment etc
2. Since your father will be footing the bill for you trip then, read this; If you are not working you should include financial documents of the person who supports you. If someone else is paying for your trip, explain why they are paying and include their financial details
3. You will need to proof your studentship of your profess school in Malaysia. e.g Letter from your school etc
If you can fulfil all this but not limited to this requirements you stand a better chance in your application.

I wish you best of Luck in your Application.

Shalom!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ulale: 8:19am On Oct 23, 2010
i thought my personal bank statement is the proof or source of my $3000 becouse i dnt have any employment, business or investment, i am full time student.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by princeaded(m): 4:25pm On Oct 23, 2010
IF YOU NEED SCHENGEN VISA THAT ENABLE YOU TO TRAVELL TO 26 COUNTRIES IN EUROPE,DUBAI VISA,SOUTH-AFRICA VISA.CALL ME ON

07033307912.prince_adedeji@yahoo.com
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 4:42pm On Oct 23, 2010
princeaded:

IF YOU NEED SCHENGEN VISA THAT ENABLE YOU TO TRAVELL TO 26 COUNTRIES IN EUROPE,DUBAI VISA,SOUTH-AFRICA VISA.CALL ME ON

07033307912.prince_adedeji@yahoo.com

Get one of those visas for urself and get lost from Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by sofymoore(m): 6:51pm On Oct 23, 2010
just think people like you desrve this.
a big offer for anyone that would like to travel to europe and any part of
the world. this is just a dream come true for you.as iam talking
four people has beneficted already.so u desrve it. for further
enquiries. call 08069214248 or 07033307912.
its real, give it a try and see.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 7:46pm On Oct 23, 2010
sofymoore:

just think people like you desrve this.
a big offer for anyone that would like to travel to europe and any part of
the world. this is just a dream come true for you.as iam talking
four people has beneficted already.so u desrve it. for further
enquiries. call 08069214248 or 07033307912.
its real, give it a try and see.

Not at all, nobody deserved to be scammed by u.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoAlata(f): 4:09pm On Oct 24, 2010
Right!! Me again NLanders  grin

My 32 year old sis in Lagos wants to come over to 'visit' (unsure if she wants to return but that's another topic).  Anyway, she has a 1 year old kid whom she's planning on leaving with our mum (I'm against this but keeping schtum).

How is the best way to go about this?  Do I just invite her over on a visit?  She has no job in Naija nor husband/partner.  Her tie over there is her kid and my mum (and other siblings).

Someone said I need a reason to invite her over but I'm not having a baby nor getting wed  (done that, got the t-shirt  grin )

Someone else said invite her over as a student which means I need to get her admission etc  shocked

Another person said get her a work permit so she comes over on employment.

I've been given lots of different ways so relying on you folk as a last resort.  Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 4:42pm On Oct 24, 2010
@omo alata

why not invite her under the ''family visit'' cartegory?

write an invitation letter stating she is coming to spend christmas with you and your hubby. also state that you will be taking her to see various tourist attractions (list them), firework displays (on news years eve), etc.

in the visa form, she should fill in the name of her kid and in the blank page for ''supporting info'', she should state that the kid will be with your mum till she gets back after the 2weeks holiday.

it might sound silly, but include family pictures. ie. pictures of you taken with your sister and your mum. The latest trend is family visit visas are refused based on non-submission of family photographs as ''proof of family ties/links''.

you can also get your mum to write a letter stating she is happy to have her grandchild with her for 2weeks till her daughter gets back  from her trip.

since she is unemployed and she is 32 years old: she has to 'arrange' some letters from any registered coy just stating she is a staff. she might need about 300k or less than that  in her bank account as well.  undecided you might have to give her your bank statements as well.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoAlata(f): 5:51pm On Oct 24, 2010
Thank you funkybaby. That's very very helpful grin

I have photos we took when we visited Nigeria 2 months ago so no probs there. I'll get on to it straightaway. Thanks once again.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 11:53am On Oct 25, 2010
Omo Alata:

Thank you funkybaby. That's very very helpful grin

I have photos we took when we visited Nigeria 2 months ago so no probs there. I'll get on to it straightaway. Thanks once again.

you're welcome kiss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by saddor: 5:43am On Oct 26, 2010
hello house,
i submitted an application in in vfs office in abuja since 28th of sep till nw hv nt hear from them,
pls,any body no wht this delay mean, 19 days nw, ineed ur respond, tanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by peace5050: 7:07pm On Oct 26, 2010
@smartkid

smartkid (m)
Abuja

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries
« #2866 on: March 21, 2010, 02:18 PM »
Quote from: funkybaby on March 21, 2010, 01:08 PM
and did he tell you that he is looking for wife number 2?

Well, not exactly, but then hmmnn, who knows. . .

Healthcare in the US is quite costly.
Cost of child delivery ranges from around $5,000 to over $10,000.
There is an estimate from a catholic hospital in newyork, which my friend researched and sent to me prior to our departure, as one of the cheapest in the US. Of course its not by any means substandard. I tried attaching the estimate here (in pdf) but it says its too large.
So we took-off straight ABV - JFK, but after staying in NY for a week, we changed our minds and moved to California. We stayed in our california friends house for a little while, then rented an apartment (in our friends name, cos the estate company will run a credit check and all that). But that’s by the way. Now to your question:

We used a county hospital, which is a government hospital (county is synonymous to local government). The private hospitals are more costly. You can walk into any county hospital and register to have your baby there. You'll find a county hospital in almost all the cities of the US. If you don’t have a health insurance or any health program, you tell them you want to do self-pay. You don't pay anything upfront. After the delivery, they’ll be sending the bills to your address. That’s all. Any child born in US soil is automatically a US citizen. We've already gotten our child's US passport and social security card.

There are also some health programs that you could use, like Medicare, Medicaid, MediCal, WIC etc. But I understand that if the immigration gets to know that you used these programs, you might have a hard time renewing your visa.

If you’d like to know some other specifics, please give me a shout. . .

, i read this i wanted to know more can you feed me in on how i can get cheap medicals for child delivery in the U.S . also can u please send me the estimates from the catholic hospital in newyork .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by saddor: 9:33pm On Oct 26, 2010
hello my people,
pls my application nw is 20 days nw, stil processin, wht does it mean,,,,visit a friend
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OgaMadam(f): 2:10pm On Oct 27, 2010
Re: overstaying.

If you are a non visa national you dont need a visa for UK.

If you overstay, there is a penalty for overstaying, and if you pay time for that penalty you are able to return according to homeoffice website.

If you overstay for a few months AND pay for your own return without the expense of the state its a penalty of a year outside UK.
If you overstay for 2 years or more its 5 years outside UK.
If you overstay for more than 5 years and
Return home at the expense of the UK Gov its 10 years outside UK.

I wrote the home office a letter and they attached this for me.

In reality how does it work?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 2:26pm On Oct 27, 2010
OgaMadam:

Re: overstaying.
If you are a non visa national you dont need a visa for UK.
If you overstay, there is a penalty for overstaying, and if you pay time for that penalty you are able to return according to homeoffice website.
If you overstay for a few months AND pay for your own return without the expense of the state its a penalty of a year outside UK.
If you overstay for 2 years or more its 5 years outside UK.
If you overstay for more than 5 years and Return home at the expense of the UK Gov its 10 years outside UK.
I wrote the home office a letter and they attached this for me.In reality how does it work?

How many yrs did you overstayed in the UK? How did you leave? Did the UK govt pay for ur return to Nigeria?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by jaffa: 2:31am On Oct 29, 2010
FUNKYBABY & Gr8 nairalanders,

I need ur advice on this:
I want to invite my brother for my graduation cerermony in the UK on Nov 17. He`s bn wasting for a while cos of the strike in eastern 9ja Unis. My father will be sponsoring his trip tho` he`s got over 500k in his account for over 6 months.
I need ur response ASAP as he gaz to hv d visa in less than 3 weeks to make the graj.

**********THANKS**************
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by taiwowalls: 2:23am On Nov 01, 2010
Hi All,

Does anyone know how long the Administrative review takes for the UK visa,
I got denied for the Tier 1 in September and I applied for a Review,
Nway its been 30 days and I have not heard anything. I hear it takes 28 days or less.
I am just a bit worried. I applied in Lagos and did the Administrative review to in Lagos.
nWAY, I'm VERY WORRIED. Can someone tell me if there have had a similar experience,

thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Xorcyst(m): 3:13pm On Nov 02, 2010
Hi

I had a friend that did the admin review and usually they'l call you to ABJ and ask that you bring ur PP along. then they'l verify youre the one and issue the visa there. usu it take doesnt take up to 28 days, but they take their time

MY QUES: i submitted a very strong application, paid the visa dep, source of funds, cas, the works, unfortunately i calculated the bank statement balance using a lower rate of conversion. hence they refused stating that the funds did not sit for 28 days. that was for a sept admission. i have however gotten a january start date and paid up the school fees.iv worked in a bank for 3 yrs n have all i think i should, was wondering
1:do i put all d documents i used the last time
2: is there anything wrong applying afresh for a new start date, updated fee status and a new CAS?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by earthrealm(m): 12:19pm On Nov 04, 2010
hello house,
is it necesary 2 include ur letter of invitation if u are also including a hotel reservation in the uk visa application?

also how do u prove that ur invitor is ur relative?, do u include birth certifictes?
thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OgaMadam(f): 11:00pm On Nov 05, 2010
I overstayed 8 months and i paid for my own return.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by member27: 3:26pm On Nov 06, 2010
nice thread

subscribing cheesy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by sofymoore(m): 7:26pm On Nov 06, 2010
folks just gotten a research on how u can get student visa easily in US. just ets talk on these no 08069214248,07033307912

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.