Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,651 members, 7,979,203 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 11:26 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (309359 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Balzac: 1:11pm On Nov 08, 2010
I need only serious and genuine advice here. Anybody that has nothing useful to say please pass.

I had overstayed in the UK 10yrs ago and was deported. Since then I have settled in Nigeria and doing well and have travelled to other European countries on holiday. I applied for a UK visit visa earlier this year (to genuinely visit) but didnt indicate in my application that I had been deported because I thought that after 10years they ignore such records. They denied the visa and said I am further banned for another 10yrs before applying for another visa for not stating my deportation and applying for indefinite stay.

When I read the rejection letter I actually laughed because I'll be 50 in 10yrs time and it is my children that will be doing the travelling then not me.

Is it possible to appeal or plead for leniency and reapply for a visit visa before the suspension period elapses?

Genuine advise only please.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by miladelly: 6:12pm On Nov 11, 2010
@ahonohai
@Vicjustice
@everybody
pls i would appreciate if i can get response as regards to this, my mum whose visa was refused in june sent in an appeal and the hearing date is Dec 6, we decided to reapply as well where we addressed all the reason for previous refusal todays is 21 working days that we have sent in the new visa application, but we not yet received the reply.

But last week, somebody from the British high commission Abuja called my mum on the phone and told her that she applied for visa and she was refused that's as regards to the first application my mum said yes, the person that called my mum now told where was she at the moment my mum she she was in Ibadan, the person told my mum to go the Lagos with her passport that the visa will be issued to her within 2 days but if she decided to go through Abuja where she made the first application then, it will take a month, my mum now told the person that called from the embassy that she has reapplied for again as in she has sent in her passport for with the new application. the person now told my mum that if the visa is not granted to her that she shouldn't worry that she should just come to embassy with her passport that a visa will be issued to her

In essence, as at now we have appeal pending the hearing date is Dec 6 2010

we have send in another visa application addressing all the reasons the first visa was refused todays is 21 working days we have heard nothing

Also, before we sent in the appeal to UK we wrote a letter to the embassy for administrative review where they said that they still maintained the grounds as to why the visa was refused then. so pls i dont seem to understand why she was called from the embassy also will the person who called her find out that she has reapplied as my mum told the person that she has put in for another application but the person said if she is refused God forbid that she should then bring her visa. pls could some advice me about this thanks so much, i expect to hear from you vicjuistice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by miladelly: 6:21pm On Nov 11, 2010
@ahonohai
@Vicjustice
@everybody
pls i would appreciate if i can get response as regards to this, my mum whose visa was refused in june sent in an appeal and the hearing date is Dec 6, we decided to reapply as well where we addressed all the reason for previous refusal todays is 21 working days that we have sent in the new visa application, but we not yet received the reply.

But last week, somebody from the British high commission Abuja called my mum on the phone and told her that she applied for visa and she was refused that's as regards to the first application my mum said yes, the person that called my mum now told where was she at the moment my mum she she was in Ibadan, the person told my mum to go the Lagos with her passport that the visa will be issued to her within 2 days but if she decided to go through Abuja where she made the first application then, it will take a month, my mum now told the person that called from the embassy that she has reapplied for again as in she has sent in her passport for with the new application. the person now told my mum that if the visa is not granted to her that she shouldn't worry that she should just come to embassy with her passport that a visa will be issued to her

we have send in another visa application addressing all the reasons the first visa was refused todays is 21 working days we have heard nothing

Also, before we sent in the appeal to UK we wrote a letter to the embassy for administrative review where they said that they still maintained the grounds as to why the visa was refused then. so pls i dont seem to understand why she was called from the embassy also will the person who called her find out that she has reapplied as my mum told the person that she has put in for another application but the person said if she is refused God forbid that she should then bring her visa. pls could some advice me about this thanks so much, i expect to hear from you vicjuistice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Dannyboy80: 11:55pm On Nov 11, 2010
miladelly, Thou shalt not fear. I guess you submitted the appeal at the British high commission and not directly to the Loughborough,UK? Well, in as much as you appealed, and your appeal application was lodged at BHC, the visa managers goes through each appeal form for reconsideration.so I reckon that was what happened to your mum's case and the Visa manager decided to reconsider her application and grant her the visa, so go and get the visa.I hope this helps. Thank you!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by miladelly: 12:43am On Nov 12, 2010
@dannyboy thanks the appeal was sent to the tribunal in uk, though we also sent a review again to the embassy in abuja that was done before we sentthe appeal wen they said they still maintained their grounds we them proceed with the appeal. And now, we filed in for a fresh application and in between the person called her to bring her passport for visa while her passport is still in the embassy for fresh application i appreciate ur response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 12, 2010
@miladelly

If they said bring it. . . you better bring it. grin

Can you certify that the caller was truly from the High Comission?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 12, 2010
Balzac:

I need only serious and genuine advice here. Anybody that has nothing useful to say please pass.

I had overstayed in the UK 10yrs ago and was deported. Since then I have settled in Nigeria and doing well and have travelled to other European countries on holiday. I applied for a UK visit visa earlier this year (to genuinely visit) but didnt indicate in my application that I had been deported because I thought that after 10years they ignore such records. They denied the visa and said I am further banned for another 10yrs before applying for another visa for not stating my deportation and applying for indefinite stay.

When I read the rejection letter I actually laughed because I'll be 50 in 10yrs time and it is my children that will be doing the travelling then not me.

Is it possible to appeal or plead for leniency and reapply for a visit visa before the suspension period elapses?

Genuine advise only please.

I think you need a proper immigration lawyer to help you out. You should really have included the fact that you were deported
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 1:28pm On Nov 12, 2010
miladelly:

@ahonohai
@Vicjustice
@everybody

I hope you're certain that the caller was a genuine someone to start with.
   When you write a letter to the UK embassy requesting administrative review, the letter is supposedly brought to the office of the Entry clearance Manager (ECM) where your file is supposed to be reviewed, but thanks to the numerous applicants who abuse this system (by which some of them request administrative review even when their visas were refused for reason of fake documents), the ECM hardly ever make the review before upholding to the original decision howbeit, it's logical that they consult the Entry Clearance Officer (ECO) that originally refused the application.
  In your mother's case, i presume the ECM has carefully reviewed her application even after upholding to the original decision and has now reconsidered it for approval. Bear in mind that the embassy receives great volume of applications on daily basis, so, even if the files are kept in order, it is sometimes difficult keep track of them hence the confusion about the position and status of your mother's passport.
  Knowing that your mother's visa is apparently approved pending the presentation of her passport, i'll encourage you to wait for them to return it, she might not even need to re-submit the passport for the visa as i sense that the visa would be issued in this current application any time soon.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:31pm On Nov 12, 2010

i love what u said here, just continue with other countries and generally enjoy ur life
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by miladelly: 3:56pm On Nov 12, 2010
All praise and honour to His name, THE ROCK THAT NEVER FAILETH IN THEE I BELIEVE, IN THEE I BELIEVE IN THEE THERE IS POWER! my mum has got her visa, what a might God i serve, satan shame on u.
@Dannyboy80, u said miladelly, Thou shall fear not. I believed it immediately, u wont believe it God spoke thru you last nite, cos my mum called to tell me that she got a message that she should come and pick her visa, and around 11am this morning i was screaming, shouting, crying n laughing cos the spirit of fear, doubt, discouragement, disappointment, failure was finally cancelled concerning my mum's visa.
I apprecaite u so much, n pls n pls this is my email bibzahs@yahoo.com mail me ur no i need to personally thank u one on one n ofcourse lets be friends, well i am married no problem but yes, danny u are a darynl i will call u when u mail me n i will know what gift u deserve.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by miladelly: 4:00pm On Nov 12, 2010
All praise and honour to His name, THE ROCK THAT NEVER FAILETH IN THEE I BELIEVE, IN THEE I BELIEVE IN THEE THERE IS POWER! my mum has got her visa, what a might God i serve, satan shame on u.
@Dannyboy80, u said miladelly, Thou shall fear not. I believed it immediately, u wont believe it God spoke thru you last nite, cos my mum called to tell me that she got a message that she should come and pick her visa, and around 11am this morning i was screaming, shouting, crying n laughing cos the spirit of fear, doubt, discouragement, disappointment, failure was finally cancelled concerning my mum's visa.
I apprecaite u so much, n pls n pls this is my email bibzahs@yahoo.com mail me your no i need to personally thank u one on one n ofcourse lets be friends, well i am married no problem but yes, danny u are a darynl i will call u when u mail me n i will know what gift u deserve.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by miladelly: 4:16pm On Nov 12, 2010
@Vicjustice, my dear my mum has got her visa, i appreciate ur contribution right from the beginning to this very end, am a lady, dont know how i will address you, well, am just so thankful u r d best, n pls lets be pals my email address is bibzahs@yahoo.com u deserve a treat from me mail be pls in i will call u as soon as i get ur contact details. i truly respect u for taking that time in replying n also u were specific as to what n what should be included in d fresh application n i did as u said, u r a genius.

make sure u mail me, am waiting u will be glad u know me i promise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by miladelly: 4:39pm On Nov 12, 2010
@ahonohai, yes the caller was truly from the embassy, well with the fresh application my mum's visa is in her passp now, glory be to God, i apprciate u so much pls mail me on bibzahs@yahoo.com lets be friends u deserve a treat.

Finally @funkybaby despite the fact that i said i admire u as in all ur contribution to this forum, i specifically said we have alot in common, n that am a lady so that u wont wonder whats up, i liked u n i thot u will have a good friend in me yet u ignore me, u didnt even contibute anything both u n mr pataki, u dont even know who is this me, that admire u in the first place, well no problem but i thank u too for being the grand babe who started this all, cos am so grand like u i like to pave way n help pple.

@everybody, right now am just so grateful to God who without him nothing would ve been possible, n i swear i will love to share the story of how this journey started n how it ended this beautiful morning, am a fighter, i fought it to the last. Before, u guys get to read my story, pls if u want to apply or u have already applied get this prayer rain book from mountain of fire and miracle churcu n i will show u guys and tell u the pages the secret of finishing that strongman who is holding ur visa, n most importantly, i will tell u the pages to pray with that the ECO AND THE ECM WILL BOW AT THE MENTION OF THAT NAME JESUS AND THEN THEY HAVE NO OPTION THAN TO GIVE YOU THAT VISA. love u guys all i wish u pple know me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Dannyboy80: 6:51pm On Nov 12, 2010
@miladelly. Our God is so faithful and he is a miracle working God. I so thank him for what he has done for ur mum and ur family as well. Glory be unto him my dear. Your words of appreciations are acknowledged. God bless you and your family.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 7:18pm On Nov 12, 2010
miladelly:

@Vicjustice, my dear my mum has got her visa, i appreciate your contribution right from the beginning to this very end, am a lady, dont know how i will address you, well, am just so thankful u r d best, n pls lets be pals my email address is bibzahs@yahoo.com u deserve a treat from me mail be pls in i will call u as soon as i get your contact details. i truly respect u for taking that time in replying n also u were specific as to what n what should be included in d fresh application n i did as u said, u r a genius.

make sure u mail me, am waiting u will be glad u know me i promise.
   Honestly, i had the impression that you're a man.
   So good to hear the success story and to understand how appreciative you are for the little we did to encourage. But i don't believe it was by miracle that your mom got the visa, i just think she merits it, afterall, many people who don't even believe in God do get visas as well; but we give God thanks in all things.
   I'll send you an email as you requested. Appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by miladelly: 9:48pm On Nov 12, 2010
@vicjustice, thanks my dear. miracle or merit like you said in all things we should give thanks, i ve been giving thanks since in the morning, see u dont value what you get easily, but when u suffer to get something u appreciate that thing n thats why i am so happy.
Ha, i am a lady to the core, a sophisticated on indeed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Schrodinga(m): 1:50pm On Nov 13, 2010
[b]urgent advice needed.

Hello House, a company in UK has offered me an employment with feeding , accomodation also taken care of. Now I am to apply for entry visa through the Ukimmigration office in london , then the London office will now send my information to the Naija office for stamping. So I want to know all the necessary document am going to submit to get a the my passport stamped.

Please urgent.[/color][color=#990000]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 6:11pm On Nov 13, 2010
Schrödinga:

[b]urgent advice needed.
Hello House, a company in UK has offered me an employment with feeding , accomodation also taken care of. Now I am to apply for entry visa through the Ukimmigration office in london , then the London office will now send my information to the Naija office for stamping. So I want to know all the necessary document am going to submit to get a the my passport stamped.

Please urgent.[/color][color=#990000]

Something doesn't sound right here, if a company in the uk offers u a job, they will send you the employment letter then u will use that to apply for visa in Nigeria. I hope you haven't paid any money to anybody cos this sound dodgy to me. Just be careful
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by former: 4:43pm On Nov 14, 2010
@Justwise and others, please I just want to know if holidays (like the Id-el fitri, strikes, weekends) have any effect on the 28 days that the money must sit in my account before printing out my bank statement. I think I will have my CAS this week or coming week, how long is the CAS valid? Please I hope to hear from you soon.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 10:11pm On Nov 14, 2010
former:

@Justwise and others, please I just want to know if holidays (like the Id-el fitri, strikes, weekends) have any effect on the 28 days that the money must sit in my account before printing out my bank statement. I think I will have my CAS this week or coming week, how long is the CAS valid? Please I hope to hear from you soon.

The holiday will not affect the 28days thing, i think CAS expires after a month or 2, though i'm not really sure.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by former: 7:21am On Nov 15, 2010
@Justwise
Thanks a lot, I think I got more questions to ask, and I'm sorry if I ask too much.
1. Is it 28 full days (saturday and sunday inclusive) or just 28 working days?

2. I've got about x3 or maybe 4 of the required amount that must be in the bank for 28 days, since the money must be in my account, my mom has been depositing large sum of money in my account(though I've got some myself). I'm just curious to know if continuous deposit could be a problem, considering my age, I'm just 22yrs.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by earthrealm(m): 8:36am On Nov 15, 2010
@former, itsnot necessarily up to 28days, i applied for mine on mon,.by friday.i gat the sms alert that my visa is ready 4 collection.

also, depositing money into ur acct when u dont hv a job/ cant account 4 the funds is a big NO no!!, i suggest since u r not gailfully employed, u shud get a sponsor n use the sponsors bank account instead

former:

@Justwise
Thanks a lot, I think I got more questions to ask, and I'm sorry if I ask too much.

2. I've got about x3 or maybe 4 of the required amount that must be in the bank for 28 days, since the money must be in my account, my mom has been depositing large sum of money in my account(though I've got some myself). I'm just curious to know if continuous deposit could be a problem, considering my age, I'm just 22yrs.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 9:30am On Nov 15, 2010
former:

@Justwise
1) The 28days include saturday and sunday.

2) The 28days will start counting the moment u have the required amount in ur bank account, ur mum can support ur visa application with a sponsor letter, stating that she will be solely responsible for ur study in the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by former: 10:09am On Nov 15, 2010
@Earthrealm and justwise, I really appreciate your response, my account clocks 2.something mill on the 27th of Oct, will it work if I withdraw the excess to another account in order maintain the requirement or I should my mom's account get summed up to the required amount (which obviously means I'll start counting from day one again). I'll follow whatever you advise, thanks a lot!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by peace5050: 11:33am On Nov 15, 2010
@justwise , when i read ur post i understand how u feel about this scammers , men i was once duped , i am in fully support of ur slashing out at those thieves that seek poor peoples cash. anyways men i would luv to apply for tourist visa to the u.k sometimes in February for me and my wife. i currently work with a bank with a gross income of about 3.5million , currently cash at hand is about 700k. i intend to book hotel accommodation . what are my chances or what can you advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 5:50pm On Nov 15, 2010
former:

@Earthrealm and justwise, I really appreciate your response, my account clocks 2.something mill on the 27th of Oct, will it work if I withdraw the excess to another account in order maintain the requirement or I should my mom's account get summed up to the required amount (which obviously means I'll start counting from day one again). I'll follow whatever you advise, thanks a lot!

Having more than the required amount is not a crime, but make sure that u did not keep it for more than a month AFTER the 28days, i mean u have to use it for the visa application within a month after the 28days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 5:54pm On Nov 15, 2010
peace5050:

@justwise , when i read your post i understand how u feel about this scammers , men i was once duped , i am in fully support of your slashing out at those thieves that seek poor peoples cash. anyways men i would luv to apply for tourist visa to the u.k sometimes in February for me and my wife. i currently work with a bank with a gross income of about 3.5million , currently cash at hand is about 700k. i intend to book hotel accommodation . what are my chances or what can you advice.

Since you are applying in Feb, u need to start building up ur bank balance now, booking for a hotel is not a bad idea.

Its 50/50 chances, whoever tells about 100% visa guarantee is lying to you, not that its not possible, its but the ECO will determine that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by taiwowalls: 8:44pm On Nov 15, 2010
@ justwise or anyone else,
so i have been waiting for a response because i sent an administrative review in for a denial for HSMP. it was 28 working day son the 18th of October, I finally get a call last Friday the 12th of November to bring all my documents in again. What does this mean. How soon am i expected to wait for the response>>>? Does this mean they will issue me the visa, ?
Pls let me know, anyone who has an idea of what i am talking about. thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by agbeero(m): 6:41pm On Nov 23, 2010
Hello Friends,
I have a Valid UK Visa (multiple) entry for 6 months (I applied as a tourist). In that period , I plan to go on a vacation to UK. After the vacation, I am supposed to go back for a 2-3 week Official training . Can I still use the same Visa for the business trip or do I need to apply for a business Visa??
Please advice??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by LaNiger(m): 9:55pm On Nov 23, 2010
agbeero:

Hello Friends,
I have a Valid UK Visa (multiple) entry for 6 months (I applied as a tourist). In that period , I plan to go on a vacation to UK. After the vacation, I am supposed to go back for a 2-3 week Official training . Can I still use the same Visa for the business trip or do I need to apply for a business Visa??
Please advice??

I would advice you to get a business visa for this particular trip. Since your company is paying, it is very advisable to do that. Also you will most likely be given the visa, since you still have a valid visitors visa. It also helps to improve your standing with the High Commission for future visas. You will be asked by the immigration official what the "intent" of your visit is and I would advice you not to lie because they could decide to search your bag and find information to the contrary. Doing things the proper way helps you avoid problems down the road. All the best.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by icez: 12:17pm On Nov 25, 2010
Please, a friend of mine applied to a school in England and was offered admission. After paying the required deposit fees to enable him receive his 'CAS' number, so he can apply for a student visas. The school asked him to send a copy of his passport(i think its the data page) before his CAS number will be sent to him.
I just want to know if that is the general requirement before your CAS number is sent, or it depends on the school.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by icez: 12:18pm On Nov 25, 2010
Please, a friend of mine applied to a school in England and was offered admission. After paying the required deposit fees to enable him receive his 'CAS' number, so he can apply for a student visas. The school asked him to send a copy of his passport(i think its the data page) before his CAS number will be sent to him.
        I just want to know if that is the general requirement before your CAS number is sent, or it depends on the school.

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (145)

Lithuania Student Visa / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.