Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,512 members, 7,971,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 06:33 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (309086 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ycoxyng: 1:27pm On Mar 23, 2011
azpunpin:

Thanks.

Thanks, do I need to book an hotel reservation fully paid or can I still book the unpaid one? And also booked the sightseeing places at the golden tour site?

My guy, most of the things u said are absolutely wrong.u can get hotel as cheap as 35-40Pounds a day in UK. how can u say u must have 1.5M in one account to get a tourist Visa?

@poster,

u can apply again and pls address the issues the ECO stated in your refusal letter. least i forget, dont fully pay for the hotel just do the reservation with ur details and u ar good to go.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Dantecmu(m): 3:17pm On Mar 23, 2011
This uk gamble wey una dey do dey very funny

@suxes2005 Oga i don go uk embassy b4 under all kinda circumstance and i was never denied, W eather paid or not paid hotel reservation it dosent count not even a single bit so if u dey tell person to pay reservation fee to proof point dat na crap, if u like pay 1month full payment it has less than 10percent influence in the outcome of your application,

i don apply for uk embassy with saving acct
i don apply for uk embassy with less dan 200k
i don apply for uk embassy with monthly income less than 80k
i don apply for uk embassy with monthly income 250k
i don apply for us embassy with little or no documents

i feel if ur application gat integrity u wont have an issue if it is properlly and moderatly worked out you wont have an issue we like to dey show our selfes how u go tell whiteman u wanna go stay in a 100pound hotel a night , for some1 earning 200k a month economically it is foolish and stupid and if i bee a consular i would advice u remain in naja and spend that money,  
Anyways i wonder why boiz dey invest soo much in uk when der is yankee and canada
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 3:39pm On Mar 23, 2011
Dantecmu:

This uk gamble wey una dey do dey very funny
@suxes2005 Oga i don go uk embassy b4 under all kinda circumstance and i was never denied, W eather paid or not paid hotel reservation it dosent count not even a single bit so if u dey tell person to pay reservation fee to proof point dat na crap, if u like pay 1month full payment it has less than 10percent influence in the outcome of your application,
i don apply for uk embassy with saving acct
i don apply for uk embassy with less dan 200k[b]i don apply for uk embassy with monthly income less than 80k[/b]i don apply for uk embassy with monthly income 250ki don apply for us embassy with little or no documentsi feel if your application gat integrity u wont have an issue if it is properlly and moderatly worked out you wont have an issue we like to dey show our selfes how u go tell whiteman u wanna go stay in a 100pound hotel a night , for some1 earning 200k a month economically it is foolish and silly and if i bee a consular i would advice u remain in naja and spend that money, Anyways i wonder why boiz dey invest soo much in uk when der is yankee and canada
How did u manage to get a visa with monthly income less than 80K? What type of visa? Were sponsored by somebody?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shithapuns: 3:45pm On Mar 23, 2011
i didnt say u needed 1.5m  to apply, wat i meant is that having such an amt makes  ur  case  easier/better, u can apply with 400k in ur acct, it depends  on a lot of factors, its if ur case is weak, then  hving a good income/huge savings  in ur  acct  can swing the case in ur favour!!!

the £100/day hotel, its inclusive  food, 3 meals/day, from my research  most budget hotels  are  abt £50/day  n u get only breakfast  in some  cases.

i know of some1  who applied   with only 300k  in  his  acct.n he succeded, but  his  salary  is  above  500k/month  and  more  than  8 million  has  moved in his  acct statement, that he used  to apply,  also  he  has  a property/title  deed  he included, so all these  play  a role

2moro  he wud  come  and  blab  that  he applied  with  300k in his acct  n  succeded,, some  fools wud  believe  him  without  getting  to  know  the  real  story/facts
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ycoxyng: 4:19pm On Mar 23, 2011
shithapuns:

i didnt say u needed 1.5m to apply, wat i meant is that having such an amt makes your case easier/better, u can apply with 400k in your acct, it depends on a lot of factors, its if your case is weak, then hving a good income/huge savings in your acct can swing the case in your favour!!!

the £100/day hotel, its inclusive food, 3 meals/day, from my research most budget hotels are abt £50/day n u get only breakfast in some cases.

i know of some1 who applied with only 300k in his acct.n he succeded, but his salary is above 500k/month and more than 8 million has moved in his acct statement, that he used to apply, also he has a property/title deed he included, so all these play a role

2moro he wud come and blab that he applied with 300k in his acct n succeded,, some fools wud believe him without getting to know the real story/facts
it is always good to explain things in details. it makes it easier for people to grab.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by osarodon(m): 4:51pm On Mar 23, 2011
osarodon:

Thanks for your prompt response but I will like to have option B:
What if am sending myself for the conference, which type of Visas should I apply for.

Justwise,

Thank you very much and I just got my UK visa approve and I collected it today.
I need a cheap and reliable airline now.

Thanks once again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 9:38pm On Mar 23, 2011
osarodon:

Justwise,

Thank you very much and I just got my UK visa approve and I collected it today.
I need a cheap and reliable airline now.

Thanks once again.

Congrat!! You can try KLM or BA, or just shop around online for cheaper deal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Dantecmu(m): 5:40am On Mar 24, 2011
@Just wise

All applications i have ever made to any embassy i sponsor maself it was a regular visiting visa i was going to visit ma cousine , then i worked with a telecom company who payed less than 80k but it was an international company anyways, south africa i sponsored ma self Germany i sponsored maself america same canada same rep of ireland same just to mention a few soo trust me i know what am talking about,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 7:39am On Mar 24, 2011
Dantecmu:

@Just wise

All applications i have ever made to any embassy i sponsor maself it was a regular visiting visa i was going to visit ma cousine , then i worked with a telecom company who payed less than 80k but it was an international company anyways, south africa i sponsored ma self Germany i sponsored maself america same canada same rep of ireland same just to mention a few soo trust me i know what am talking about,
Ur cousine did not send u any document to support ur application? When it comes to visa issue, what worked for u may not work for somebody else, a student or a business man/woman 'may' not be given a visa with the same amount of money and documents u presented. For the fact that u were given a visa with 80K pounds in ur account does not mean other will be given as well.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Dantecmu(m): 2:01pm On Mar 25, 2011
Justwise
My cousine sent me only an invitation letter utility bill and passport pages No financial documents, and its 80k Naira not Pounds,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 3:00pm On Mar 25, 2011
Dantecmu:

Justwise
My cousine sent me only an invitation letter utility bill and passport pages No financial documents, and its 80k Naira not Pounds,

So do u think u would have been given a visa if u were going without IV, just hotel booking with 80K?
You understimating how important those documents ur cousin sent u are.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by osarodon(m): 3:37pm On Mar 26, 2011
Justwise,

Thanks for your response but I will like to ask the following:
I was given a 6 months business visitor multiple visa and I will be attending
the conference in next month(April) but I will like to know if I can use same
visa to visit a friend in the UK before the visa expires september this year?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 3:41pm On Mar 26, 2011
osarodon:

Justwise,

Thanks for your response but I will like to ask the following:
I was given a 6 months business visitor multiple visa and I will be attending
the conference in next month(April) but I will like to know if I can use same
visa to visit a friend in the UK before the visa expires september this year?

Thanks

Sure u can, its multiple visa, u can travel and stay about 90days in each trip till the visa expires.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by osarodon(m): 4:06pm On Mar 26, 2011
Thanks brother you have been very inspiring.
I will like to renew the visa immediately it expires
and I hope they will not like asking much reasons
for travelling then again?
i just need access to travel round the world with
ease and not break any immigration laws.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 4:11pm On Mar 26, 2011
osarodon:

Thanks brother you have been very inspiring.
I will like to renew the visa immediately it expires
and I hope they will not like asking much reasons
for travelling then again?
i just need access to travel round the world with
ease and not break any immigration laws.

Thanks
Thats the key there, if u kept ur immigration history clean then u will be fine.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by osarodon(m): 4:34pm On Mar 26, 2011
Please I will like to have ur advise on that renew of the visa
question I asked in my previous message,do I need to state
any special reason for renewal because I intend to renew for
keep so that I can travel any time I want to.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 5:45pm On Mar 26, 2011
osarodon:

Please I will like to have your advise on that renew of the visa
question I asked in my previous message,do I need to state
any special reason for renewal because I intend to renew for
keep so that I can travel any time I want to.

Thanks

Its just like the first time u applied, u have to state the reason for applying for visa, its better u do it a month or 2 b4 u are ready to use it. There is no special reason.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:56pm On Mar 31, 2011
Is visa renewal the same as extending a visa? I've often wondered.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 4:33pm On Mar 31, 2011
Siena:

Is visa renewal the same as extending a visa? I've often wondered.

Technically they are the same but with student or work permit visa extention, u may not have to submit the same documents as the first time but for visiting visa renewal, is like applying for the first time and u can only do it in ur home country, only in a very serious case will u be allowed to extend visiting visa in the UK for example.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by sandraa(f): 3:14pm On Apr 01, 2011
@ justwise and everyone

a frd of mine is planning a trip to the uk and she is yet to submit her application
she has all relevant documents but d question is;

1. her leave starts from April 25th to 8th of May and she wants to submit d document on the 8th of April is it too short?

2. in her last application which was 2009 she stated she didnt ve any relation in the uk but now she is going to visit her sister what do u think will happen to her application based on this facts.

Thanks expecting ur reply ASAP!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 6:26pm On Apr 01, 2011
sandraa:

@ justwise and everyone

a frd of mine is planning a trip to the uk and she is yet to submit her application
she has all relevant documents but d question is;

[b]1. her leave starts from April 25th to 8th of May and she wants to submit d document on the 8th of April is it too short?[/b]2. [b]in her last application which was 2009 she stated she didnt ve any relation in the uk but now she is going to visit her sister what do u think will happen to her application based on this facts.[/b]Thanks expecting your reply ASAP!
Q 1. That is not too short if everything goes well.

Q 2. Anything can happen within 2yrs, so its possible that her sister moved to the UK 2010, however, if her sister is sending her the data page of her passport and it shows that her sister has being in the UK b4 2009, then that 'might' be a problem IF the ECO looked at it, though i don't think that will be a problem IF her documents did not raise any eyebrow.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kenny33: 8:20am On Apr 02, 2011
pls help me out o justwise i made a regretable mistake in filling the visa form for visiting my britsh frds, i was refuse because i put in my parent details in the VAF1B quest part 5 on Finances and Employment i should have tick the unemployment box as i am not working but as they write the question TO BE COMPLETED BY ALL APPLICANT AND CHILDREN WILL HAVE TO PUT IN PARENTS DETAILS then i thought i will have to put in my parents detail and i do and
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kenny33: 8:26am On Apr 02, 2011
And i mistakely tick the supported by spouse/partner/other family etc and misunderstood it all, now i am in hot soup because of this i have write them a letter and also my sponsor did but they dont reply me yet, they have refuse the visa stating i put in my work details (which is my parent detail) and they mention it is not possible i earn that mush as i will be too small on the date i put that my parents start the work, pls what can i do now it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kenny33: 8:29am On Apr 02, 2011
there was no complain about my document but they questions where i get to know my friend they misunderstand my parents details i put down and they thought it was mine and they say nw i dont have a full right of appeal what should i do
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 9:14am On Apr 02, 2011
kenny33:

there was no complain about my document but they questions where i get to know my friend they misunderstand my parents details i put down and they thought it was mine and they say nw i dont have a full right of appeal what should i do

Did ur friend send any document in support of ur application? Do you have a job or business in Nigeria? Who is sponsoring the trip?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 3:47pm On Apr 02, 2011
kenny33:

pls help me out o justwise i made a regretable mistake in filling the visa form for visiting my britsh frds, i was refuse because i put in my parent details in the VAF1B quest part 5 on Finances and Employment i should have tick the unemployment box as i am not working but as they write the question TO BE COMPLETED BY ALL APPLICANT AND CHILDREN WILL HAVE TO PUT IN PARENTS DETAILS then i thought i will have to put in my parents detail and i do and
   I'm responding to this base on the compilation of the detailed information you provided in other threads, especially the post in which you stated that the ECO deemed that you made false representation and therefore accorded you a "liar".
Now, giving you the benefit of doubt, i must tell you how very unfortunate you are to have fallen a victim of circumstance and protocol.
   The fact is, since the embassy considered you a liar in your failed application; you've been placed on a 10 years ban. That means, you are free to apply for any UK visa as many times as you wish, but you'll never be given a visa until after 10 years. This is the truth.
   Now, contrary to Ycoxyng advice in another thread, do not bother to apply for any UK visa as the visa officers will not even be interested to take a look at the main details in your application form how much more to read the "additional information" that you provide.
   How it works? Your name and your finger prints are already placed in their BAN LIST, so, as soon as they type in your name or you place your fingers into their system, they will see that you carry a ban, and your application is automatically refused without looking at the details in the file.
   Now, you may want to know what you can do; Well, it's an unfair policy, but don't blame them for being so stringent, rather blame the people who abused their system until they're forced to take this measure. There is absolutely nothing you can do, you have to wait for 10 years or you can try for other countries.
   However, if you wish to try a gamble, you may apply again (consider making an application that attracts the rights of appeal) and use your parents bank details as sponsor's account (since you claim they owned the account in question), and get someone to help in constructing a comprehensive letter because, from what i understand, i really doubt you can do that yourself.
Read more on this at:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-401198.0.html
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kenny33: 8:57am On Apr 03, 2011
abeg Vicjustice go read wetin i write on my own post
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 03, 2011
Kenny, I think you're best off posting the entire refusal here, with your personal data blanked out, as ********** *******. Because what you've posted so far is difficult to comprehend. It will be easier for able persons to advice you then.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 9:19pm On Apr 03, 2011
kenny33:

abeg Vicjustice go read wetin i write on my own post

Yes, except i'm misled by your English, i'm responding to what you wrote in this quote:
kenny33:

my people pls help me oo, let me explain how all this went totally wrong, i apply for a uk visiting friend visa and use a genuie docs from my britsh friend in uk but they refuse my visa saying i did not state how i met my friend and also in the ques part 5: Finances and Employment i wrongly put in my parent work details, and they thought it was mine, cos i did a mistake and read the questn wrongly WHAT CAN I DO NOW cos they already see me as liar
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Gbenge77(m): 9:20pm On Apr 05, 2011
Britain is a nice place to be.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by megastu(m): 11:12am On Apr 06, 2011
2. in her last application which was 2009 she stated she didnt ve any relation in the uk but now she is going to visit her sister what do u think will happen to her application based on this facts.

@poster. You have to be careful, as this could earn you a 10 years ban. It happened to me sometime in the past, but i was able to explain to them, after a refusal for same reason. This was possible because it was in Amsterdam and i had a face to face encounter with the Consular Officer.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by yesoo: 5:21pm On Apr 06, 2011
My US Visa was cancelled in the US owing to d fact I was seeking medical treatment with a visiting visa.Now I want to apply for a Uk visa.What are the chances of getting a visa with a US cancelled visa.and how much does a UK family visa cost

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (145)

Lithuania Student Visa / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.