Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,068 members, 7,942,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 07:00 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (308371 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by coolfunke(f): 10:02am On Feb 20, 2011
Its two years cos I have a degree already and want to venture into a career line, the school offered me two years. I mean do I need to have all the money for the two years at once? I have about 4m for dis trip with my fees and subsequently money would be sent to me. Is dat ok?

Thank u
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 10:15am On Feb 20, 2011
coolfunke:

Its two years cos I have a degree already and want to venture into a career line, the school offered me two years. I mean do I need to have all the money for the two years at once? I have about 4m for dis trip with my fees and subsequently money would be sent to me. Is dat ok?

Thank u

If you want u can show the money for the whole 2yrs but the first yr is required.
The student immigration rule may change this April, so u may need to wait and see the changes that will be made, since ur course is starting this Nov, u still have enough time to plan well, the changes is going to affect all foreign students.

Please go through that link, it tells u what u need to do as regard to anybody accompanying u
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by coolfunke(f): 10:17am On Feb 20, 2011
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 10:21am On Feb 20, 2011
coolfunke:

Thank you

No worries, all the very best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by poetdee1(m): 2:45pm On Feb 20, 2011
Hi justwise,

I have few questions please.

Two of my mates are planning to come to the U.K. They are brothers and applying to the same university in london. They can proof 7500£ separately in their accounts but will only have paid a deposit to the University not the full amount.

My questions are :

Is there any risk involved in them going to the same university ( submitting almost the same documents etc ) .Secondly, even though they have £300 more than the required maintenance fee they have not paid the full school fees, how will this affect their chances and is £300 over the required amount any good or do they have to have more considering it is a 3 yr degree course.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 2:59pm On Feb 20, 2011
poetdee1:

Hi justwise,I have few questions please.
Two of my mates are planning to come to the U.K. They are brothers and applying to the same university in london. They can proof 7500£ separately in their accounts but will only have paid a deposit to the University not the full amount.
My questions are :Is there any risk involved in them going to the same university ( submitting almost the same documents etc ) .Secondly, even though they have £300 more than the required maintenance fee they have not paid the full school fees, how will this affect their chances and is £300 over the required amount any good or do they have to have more considering it is a 3 yr degree course.
Thank you
Having more than required amount is not a bad thing and there is nothing wrong with them going to the same university.

If they have paid some part of the fees, the question is, do they have the remaining fees in their account plus the maintenace fees?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by poetdee1(m): 9:25pm On Feb 20, 2011
Hi justwise, thanks for your reply

They do not have the full payment in the accounts just £7500 each, they intend to live together to cut bills and the likes but they obviously can't say that. Are you suggesting they need the balance of the tuition fees plus the £7200? What if they can get the balance all paid up and have just exactly £7200 left is that any good?

Thanks for your help .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 9:27pm On Feb 20, 2011
poetdee1:

Hi justwise,

I have few questions please.

My questions are :

Is there any risk involved in them going to the same university ( submitting almost the same documents etc ) .Secondly, even though they have £300 more than the required maintenance fee they have not paid the full school fees, how will this affect their chances and is £300 over the required amount any good or do they have to have more considering it is a 3 yr degree course.

Thank you

And do not forget the stipulated time as well.
If they surely have the money and wish to go school
then let them pay the half of the fee or some commitment
fee, the embassy might also consider that as well

SHALOM
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by poetdee1(m): 9:46pm On Feb 20, 2011
suxes2005, they will be paying a deposit definitely there is no way around that. They cannot get a visa letter without it. The question was if after the deposit paid to the university, do they need to reflect the balance in their accounts + the £7200 for maintenance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 9:54pm On Feb 20, 2011
poetdee1:

suxes2005, they will be paying a deposit definitely there is no way around that. They cannot get a visa letter without it. The question was if after the deposit paid to the university, do they need to reflect the balance in their accounts + the £7200 for maintenance.

Yes definitely, both of them need to show the proof of the balance AND the maintenace fees(x2)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 9:57pm On Feb 20, 2011
poetdee1:

Hi justwise, thanks for your reply

They do not have the full payment in the accounts just £7500 each, they intend to live together to cut bills and the likes but they obviously can't say that. Are you suggesting they need the balance of the tuition fees plus the £7200? What if they can get the balance all paid up and have just exactly £7200 left is that any good?
Thanks for your help .

If they can do that then no prob, but they will struggle to see a landlord who will allow 2 adults to share one room.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 10:12pm On Feb 20, 2011
poetdee1:

Aight i get you man. Like Justwise said, sure
they are good to go. Just do what the embassy wants
and expect good result from them.

SHALOM
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:50am On Feb 22, 2011
justwise:

If they can do that then no prob, but they will struggle to see a landlord who will allow 2 adults to share one room.

Difficult, yes. But still possible. It's just a case of ringing round, and finding a sympathetic landlord / lady.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 9:14am On Feb 22, 2011
Siena:

Difficult, yes. But still possible. It's just a case of ringing round, and finding a sympathetic landlord / lady.

Yea. . .it depends really, if the bill is not included in the rent then they 'might' be lucky to share a room, they may have to pay the landlord a little bit more for the one room, but when the bills are included in the rent, 2pple sharing one room is much difficult.
. . . again, if its a shared flat, other room-mates will feel cheated as the 2 brothers will be using more utilites and paying less while those who use less are paying more.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by former: 8:00am On Feb 23, 2011
My college is asking us new students to provide the bank account statement we used for our visa application, of which the bank statement was not given back to me by the British high commision, they're really stressing it, and saying things like if we don't provide it within 2 weeks, we might be sent back to our different country, isn't that weird?? they didn't inform us before we leave Nigeria, and now they're making fool of themselves, they said it's the new requirment of the UKBA and we should contact our bank to print another for us if we didn't come with it, and I've transffered the money to my mum's account because she owns largest percentage of it. Is it just a threat or what?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 9:01am On Feb 23, 2011
former:

My college is asking us new students to provide the bank account statement we used for our visa application, of which the bank statement was not given back to me by the British high commision, they're really stressing it, and saying things like if we don't provide it within 2 weeks, we might be sent back to our different country, isn't that weird?? they didn't inform us before we leave Nigeria, and now they're making fool of themselves, they said it's the new requirment of the UKBA and we should contact our bank to print another for us if we didn't come with it, and I've transffered the money to my mum's account because she owns largest percentage of it. Is it just a threat or what?
Well. . .the school haven't done anything wrong really, have u paid all your fees? Remember that one of the student visa requirements is that  the student should have ALL the money (school fees and maintance fees), and during your visa application u have convinced the BHC that u have all the money, so providing that bank statement shouldn't be a prob IF u have the money.
But i think other colleges are not doing the same, your school has been in trouble with Border Agency b4 for  giving admission letter to fake students, so the pressure is on them now to make sure that every foreign student is real.
You need to have a chat with your school, tell them that 2wks is not enough to get a post from Nigeria, ask them for sometimes for your mum to send u the bank statement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by 4teelaw(f): 5:51pm On Feb 24, 2011
hi just wise. I was in UK last year on 6 months visiting visa for 3 weeks. Now i want to renew my visa, can i apply for a 2 yrs visiting visa and what are my chances of getting it since i have visited there once already. also, i went as a tourist i.e i used hotel reservation. this time, my younger brother is in uk on student visa. should i go as a family visitor or i can still go through my normal hotel tourist as i found it a lot easier then.

Thank you, as i expect a response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:19pm On Feb 24, 2011
Hello everyone, please can I get a sample of a letter from an employer promising employment to a student after he/she is done with studies abroad. More like something to show proof of ties / reason to return to home country, if you know what I mean. You can send the sample to my email address (tony_runo@yahoo.com). I need it asap. Thanks a lot.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 11:49am On Feb 25, 2011
4teelaw:

hi just wise. I was in UK last year on 6 months visiting visa for 3 weeks. Now i want to renew my visa, can i apply for a 2 yrs visiting visa and what are my chances of getting it since i have visited there once already. also, i went as a tourist i.e i used hotel reservation. this time, my younger brother is in uk on student visa. should i go as a family visitor or i can still go through my normal hotel tourist as i found it a lot easier then.

Thank you, as i expect a response

You can apply for 2yrs, its upto the ECO to judge ur application on its merit, since you went b4 and came back without overstaying that gives you an edge. If i were you, i will use hotel reservation, only if u are sure that ur younger brother has enough space to accommodate u .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:56pm On Mar 02, 2011
tony_runo:

Hello everyone, please can I get a sample of a letter from an employer promising employment to a student after he/she is done with studies abroad. More like something to show proof of ties / reason to return to home country, if you know what I mean. You can send the sample to my email address (tony_runo@yahoo.com). I need it asap. Thanks a lot.

I think there's a template on here somewhere, you may have to search for it though. Best of luck in your application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by dot84(m): 8:15pm On Mar 02, 2011
Hello House. I've been goin thru posts on this page and i must say I'm very much impressed by the well informed advice being given. God bless all those sharing from their wealth of knowledge and experience.

I secured a job sometime mid last year and I'll be entitled to about 6weeks annual leave anytime from July. I wish to spend my leave visiting Folks in the UK.

My questions. 1. Asides from my pay slip, and documents from my employer to show that i'm working here, what other supporting documents do i need to put in place for my Visa application. 2. Do i need to get an invite from my folks in d UK before applying or can i just indicate in my application that i'll be staying with folks.

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 02, 2011
You'd definitely need an invitation from your host in the UK. Merely stating you're staying with friends / family without any proof will be way too vague, and could be seen as a negative in your application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by dot84(m): 8:23pm On Mar 02, 2011
Thanks Siena, i'll work on that ASAP. Another thing, do i need any lertter from my employee? Thats aside from my leave approval and employment letter. And also, would it be possible for me to enroll for, say, a 2 weeks certificate course, while there on visit.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Mentuzza(m): 12:44am On Mar 04, 2011
Hi N/Landers. Here is my UK/US Visa dilemma

I want to apply for UK and US visas for myself, wife and 2yrs + son. We intend to visit a friend in the UK first and then from there travel to the US to visit my uncle. I am going on vacation from work sometime July this year, and intend to make the trip then. Question is

1. Would our travelling from UK to US affect our visa chances, especially with the US? I mean we cannot travel to the UK, back to Nigeria and then travel to the US and back to Nigeria again, can we?  Please, I know this is a UK forum, but somebody here might have an idea about this.
2. We are travelling on virgin passports, does that make any difference?
3.Would our friend in the UK or my Uncle in the US be required to provide proof that he is able to accomodate us, even if we have evidence that we can take care of ourselves while there?
4. How soon should we begin to apply for either visas since our intended trip is in July?
5. And does it matter which visa we apply for first?
6. Does it matter how many documents I provide to show strong ties to my home country? I dont want to give too many documents detailing everything I own in this country and appear like one desperate individual.

N/Landers pls bear with me if some the questions I asked may seem quite petty, but this is our first time travelling out of the country and we would appreciate every help we can get to sort this out. The means of travelling is not an object of concern as I can comfortably foot all the bills.  I'll be available to provide further info to aid my request. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by anfanio: 3:13am On Mar 04, 2011
The time is now for you to start applying for visas - US Visa appointment you can't be too early. Don't know much about UK. Depending on which appointment you secure first, then that's the order you follow. The more evidence of your ties to Nigeria the better, if you are travelling with your family I'll suggest you make hotel reservation,( you don't have to pay now and the thinking is, if you are taking your family with you the expectation that another person will host you will bring suspicion and more questions). I want to believe you have a fat bank account and would suggest avoid introducing a third party in to the mix, this brings the focus on you and you don't have to answer questions about your relation in UK or US. Start ASAP. Good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by oselokak: 5:04pm On Mar 04, 2011
Pls o. How long does it take to process the application. I applied like a week ago and till now no text. Any possible causes for delay?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by oknee: 9:43pm On Mar 04, 2011
Hi nairalanders, my husband and I wish to apply for a *UK* visa .I have been denied a student visa before and lost d appeal . That was before I got married. My husband has travelled visa and also have record of denials. Wish to know hw much that is needed in my acct. It's going to be a joint sponsorship. My husband is a biz man while I am a civil servant.
Is there a minimum amt of money that s supposed to be in someone's acct for a certain time before application. Kindly advice cos we don't want to go and throw away money down the drain. My husband just got a facility frm bk and will include d offer letter as a supporting letter, this is to explain the huge amt that suddenly entered his acct.is it ok? Kindly advice us. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Mentuzza(m): 11:21pm On Mar 04, 2011
anfanio:

The time is now for you to start applying for visas - US Visa appointment you can't be too early. Don't know much about UK. Depending on which appointment you secure first, then that's the order you follow. The more evidence of your ties to Nigeria the better, if you are travelling with your family I'll suggest you make hotel reservation,( you don't have to pay now and the thinking is, if you are taking your family with you the expectation that another person will host you will bring suspicion and more questions). I want to believe you have a fat bank account and would suggest avoid introducing a third party in to the mix, this brings the focus on you and you don't have to answer questions about your relation in UK or US. Start ASAP. Good luck.

Thanks. So does that mean I would not need an invitation letter from my friend in the UK or my US uncle since I will be sponsoring myself ? Yet my reason for travelling is to visit them, or is there any way around this ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by DisGuy: 11:36pm On Mar 04, 2011
If you can book a reservation for you and your family then you don't really need an invitation from you friend in the UK, you might add an invitation letter from him (esp if he is comfortable) and maybe include you will be taking care of the accommodation with a hotel reservation

With U.S i think you will need an invitation but you can check with others

you can add the most 'weighty' documents to proof ties to the country you dont need to take everything you own, but jobs/business and relationship -dependants etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by anfanio: 1:13am On Mar 05, 2011
Mentuzza,
Get letter of invitation from both your unlce and your friend but don't 'tell' the VO you are staying with them, then remember to cancel your hotel reservations as soon as you get your visa so you won't get charged.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by DisGuy: 1:35am On Mar 05, 2011
what if he actually wants to stay in the hotel, he is going with his family
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 9:24am On Mar 05, 2011
oknee:

Hi nairalanders, my husband and I wish to apply for a *UK* visa .I have been denied a student visa before and lost d appeal . That was before I got married. My husband has travelled visa and also have record of denials. Wish to know hw much that is needed in my acct. It's going to be a joint sponsorship. My husband is a biz man while I am a civil servant.
Is there a minimum amt of money that s supposed to be in someone's acct for a certain time before application. Kindly advice cos we don't want to go and throw away money down the drain. My husband just got a facility frm bk and will include d offer letter as a supporting letter, this is to explain the huge amt that suddenly entered his acct.is it ok? Kindly advice us. Thanks

Why were u refused a visa b4 and what yr was that?

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.