Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,068 members, 7,942,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 07:00 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (308371 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by zibby(m): 12:50am On Feb 11, 2011
lancaster:

please i will like to know the cost implication for going to the uk,

flight and anyother cost i will enquire in other to get a visa

That's quite a wide query there, bro. It depends on many things, such as what type of visa you're applying for, what airline you fly, where in the UK you intend to go (e.g. London = expensive vs. Dundee = cheaper), where you expect to be housed, etc!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by former: 9:55am On Feb 12, 2011
I'm finally in the UK, thanks to everybody, justwise especially, God will surely reward you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by earthrealm(m): 10:23am On Feb 12, 2011
@former. good everything worked out& u dropped by 2 give ur testimony grin
thats what this forum is all abut, helping peeps, dont 4get to drop by and help other folks , just as u were helped.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by former: 11:52am On Feb 12, 2011
@earthrealm, thanks, yes of course, to the best of my knowledge, i'll render any help on here
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 11:54am On Feb 12, 2011
former:

I'm finally in the UK, thanks to everybody, justwise especially, God will surely reward you

Congrat!! I'm happy for u, you finally made it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Thor(m): 2:22pm On Feb 12, 2011
Just make sure you leave within your visa limits and do not abuse the system like so many do.

Good luck grin grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ikeyman00(m): 9:28pm On Feb 12, 2011
^^^

its beginning to look like u gona kill your useless self

mind u plz, it cant be done here in nl

so move out of the way !!

powerless goon

hate seeing this muppet grin grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by chinwe11: 7:05pm On Feb 13, 2011
Hi everyone, i need you guys great advice.

I have completed my online degree from a well known school in London, and they have invited me for my graduation there next month, i plan to go with our last born and my mohter. I am a doctor with an NGO, i earn 170,000 monthly, but i live with my parents so i spend close to nothing for feeding. I have been to india and dubai only, but my parents and brother have travelled severally to other countries and to UK. I have the following questions:

1. I have filled the general visitor form, since that seemed the closest that matched my category. Is this okay?

2. My mum still has a valid visa to Uk, but our last born has been there once, and his own has expired. so i picked another general visitor form for him. (He is a student in Secondary school). What documents does he need?

3. I stated that my parents and me will be sponsoring my trip (which is totally true), and they are giving me 300k(this is for flight and and other small small stuff) while i wil spend 80k of my own money, while they are giving my brother 250k for ticket, and then shopping. Is this okay?

4. My account balance is only 400k, but my major sponsor(parents) have over 10M, would my own be a problem?

5. AFter filling the forms, and paying the fees, and taking the passport photograph, i should just go to their embassy and submit? or is there any additional thing i do before that?

6. how long does it take to be approved? because my graduation is in three weeks time.

Thank you very much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 7:29pm On Feb 13, 2011
chinwe11:

Hi everyone, i need you guys great advice.I have completed my online degree from a well known school in London, and they have invited me for my graduation there next month, i plan to go with our last born and my mohter. I am a doctor with an NGO, i earn 170,000 monthly, but i live with my parents so i spend close to nothing for feeding. I have been to india and dubai only, but my parents and brother have travelled severally to other countries and to UK. I have the following questions:1. I have filled the general visitor form, since that seemed the closest that matched my category. Is this okay? 2. My mum still has a valid visa to Uk, but our last born has been there once, and his own has expired. so i picked another general visitor form for him. (He is a student in Secondary school). What documents does he need?3. I stated that my parents and me will be sponsoring my trip (which is totally true), and they are giving me 300k(this is for flight and and other small small stuff) while i wil spend 80k of my own money, while they are giving my brother 250k for ticket, and then shopping. Is this okay?4. My account balance is only 400k, but my major sponsor(parents) have over 10M, would my own be a problem?5. AFter filling the forms, and paying the fees, and taking the passport photograph, i should just go to their embassy and submit? or is there any additional thing i do before that?6. how long does it take to be approved? because my graduation is in three weeks time. Thank you very much.
You also need to get a letter from the NGO you work with stating that u are going for the graduation, is ur younger brother on school holiday? If he is not on holiday then pulling him out of school for the trip will be a problem, you need to get letter from his school as well. You did not mention anything about accommodation in the UK, did you book for a hotel?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by chinwe11: 7:41pm On Feb 13, 2011
@Justwise, thanks, yes, the NGO has given me a letter stating that i work with them, my salary, and that they have granted me leave to go for the graduation for one week. Okay, i would tell him to tell the school to draft the letter. Actually, his school is a special secondary school for handicapped children, (he is autistic). What should the school include in the letter? Is t just to state that he is a student of the school who wishes to go for his sisters graduation?

I have booked a hotel for me, mumsi and my brother for the whole stay of the trip. The hotel is nine minutes from our graduation center. But i didnt book flight ticket oh.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 8:33pm On Feb 13, 2011
chinwe11:

@Justwise, thanks, yes, the NGO has given me a letter stating that i work with them, my salary, and that they have granted me leave to go for the graduation for one week. Okay, i would tell him to tell the school to draft the letter. Actually, his school is a special secondary school for handicapped children, (he is autistic). What should the school include in the letter? Is t just to state that he is a student of the school who wishes to go for his sisters graduation?
I have booked a hotel for me, mumsi and my brother for the whole stay of the trip. The hotel is nine minutes from our graduation center. But i didnt book flight ticket oh.

When u explain to the school they will know how to word the letter
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 1:17am On Feb 14, 2011
Hi Chinwe11
   From my assessment of your situation and social standard, you would not be having much of a problem in getting the UK visas except for the fact that you are making your application a bit late. Now, the onus is on you to give the embassy enough time to work on your application, and now, (except your application is considered a straight case) three weeks might not be enough for the Entry Clearance Officer to reach a decision. And in the event that the ECO is not able to reach a decision before your time, the application will be refused and visas denied.
   Lets hope that the ECO reaches a decision and your visas will most definitely be approved
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by oselokak: 3:24pm On Feb 14, 2011
Good day. Pls I intend to apply for 6 mths, ist timer. Prob is iv been working for like 3years but for some weird reason paid by hand. My salary is like 85k per mth and I have like 450k in ma bank statemnt but bulk money has been passing tru the acct for supplies for my office stock
My question is 1. How do I resolve d no pay slip thingie as dr is no specific amt dt enters mthly
2.Do I need to make xplanation for d bulk sums dat r passn tru d acct?
I have ma tax clearance
Tnx!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by bird200: 6:18pm On Feb 14, 2011
i intend travelling to d uk for a visit, am a banker but my dad intends sponsoring me, do i need my statement of account or my dads own, what supporting documents can i carry along, which will be better , invitation letter or hotel reservation,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by oselokak: 7:18pm On Feb 14, 2011
Hullos! Anybody?!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tenhap(m): 9:51am On Feb 15, 2011
i intend travelling to d uk for a visit, am a banker but my dad intends sponsoring me, do i need my statement of account or my dads own, what supporting documents can i carry along, which will be better , invitation letter or hotel reservation

Hi Bird200, I suppose you'll need both statements (your dad's because he has to demonstrate that he is capable of sponsoring your trip and then yours because you need to demonstrate that you are gainfully employed here in Naija and do not intend to remain in the UK).
Supporting documents to carry along include everything that would boost your chances of getting the visa - letter from employer, bank statement(s), hotel reservation, marriage certificate (if applicable), children's birth certificates (if applicable), proof of investments (shares, land documents, other sources of income) and anything else you consider appropriate. I'll give you some tips that have worked for me on more than one occassion:
1) Ensure your bank statement speaks for itself ( no sudden huge deposits just before application submission, reasonably funded and details of transactions for 6months to 1 year)
2) Arrange and tag your supporting documents and have them refer to appropriate portions in your application form (eg. cut a small piece of paper, clip it onto the letter from your employer and label it 'attachment 1'. Then on your form where you need to indicate your work details, also include a pointer (possibly in brackets) like 'see attachment 1').
3) If hotel reservation is made via a travel agency, be sure to indicate this on the last page of your application form where you are asked if anyone has helped make your application. You may choose to go like " yes' for an answer and then indicate that travel agengy x helped with hotel reservation only. ( i have seen where the lack of this information nailed an applicant).
4) Review your application when done for possible errors.

Good luck!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 11:57am On Feb 16, 2011
oseloka k:

Good day. Pls I intend to apply for 6 mths, ist timer. Prob is iv been working for like 3years but for some weird reason paid by hand. My salary is like 85k per mth and I have like 450k in ma bank statemnt but bulk money has been passing tru the acct for supplies for my office stock
My question is 1. How do I resolve d no pay slip thingie as dr is no specific amt dt enters mthly
2.Do I need to make xplanation for d bulk sums dat r passn tru d acct?
I have ma tax clearance
Tnx!
Unfortunately, with this situation that you narrated above, you will not be deemed qualified for the UK visa; you have a lot of things (paper works) to put in order before you can be considered for it.
Please, refer to the requirements
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Xorcyst(m): 1:48pm On Feb 17, 2011
@ justwise,

hi, im in the uk now and wish to thank you and all members of the forum for your help. pls i have a question, my fiancee wants to come to the uk for a vacation and will be self sponsoring herself and booking a hotel. is there any need for an invitation letter again and what other advice can you help with

thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 1:54pm On Feb 17, 2011
Xorcyst:

@ justwise,

hi, im in the uk now and wish to thank you and all members of the forum for your help. pls i have a question, my fiancee wants to come to the uk for a vacation and will be self sponsoring herself and booking a hotel. is there any need for an invitation letter again and what other advice can you help with

thank you

No need of invitation letter if she can come up with a good
hotel reservation. Like justwise told me the other time, not
all first timers have someone to invite them. Let her just
state she is going for toursim,

SHALOM
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by oselokak: 1:59pm On Feb 17, 2011
Nobody wan answer me as per my no payslip issue nau!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 2:01pm On Feb 17, 2011
oseloka k:

Nobody wan answer me as per my no payslip issue nau!

I guess you must be careful when filling the form
If you state that you collect 85k p/m and it does not
reflect in ur acct, there is a place where they wrote more
info - then you can write it there. tell them what you just said here

SHALOM
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by oselokak: 2:06pm On Feb 17, 2011
With tax clearance? Has anybody else with this kinda issue being given visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 2:21pm On Feb 17, 2011
Xorcyst:

@ justwise,

thank you

Oh gr8!!, i'm glad u made it.

Now to ur question, hotel reservation is fine, just as suxes2005 said, ur wife need to proof that she will be returning back to Nigeria as well. Does she work?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by coolfunke(f): 9:58am On Feb 18, 2011
Hi friends, i intend to study in the UK this November for a two year degree programme which my employer is sponsoring. I would like to go with my kids as dependants. I have made enquiries on the kids schooling over there. What else do i have to do? Accommodation, nanny services and other details.

Please holla with useful information.

Thank you!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 10:00am On Feb 18, 2011
coolfunke:

Hi friends, i intend to study in the UK this November for a two year degree programme which my employer is sponsoring. I would like to go with my kids as dependants. I have made enquiries on the kids schooling over there. What else do i have to do? Accommodation, nanny services and other details.

Please holla with useful information.

Thank you!!!

Your employer wants to sponsor you for a two year
degree course in UK not even a professional course.

Well i dont know if they might raise an eye brow against
that but as for your kids, try get them registered in such school
and submit a letter from the school that they have been accepted

I think this will help you,

SHALOM
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by coolfunke(f): 10:21am On Feb 18, 2011
Yeah it an additional degree. Thks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 3:27pm On Feb 18, 2011
coolfunke:

Hi friends, i intend to study in the UK this November for a two year degree programme which my employer is sponsoring. I would like to go with my kids as dependants. I have made enquiries on the kids schooling over there. What else do i have to do? Accommodation, nanny services and other details.Please holla with useful information.
Thank you!!!
You need to wait, the British govt will be making major changes to student visa this April, though your kids will need nanny, u can get that in the UK or register them in day-care centre. You will need more than one room accommodation though. More to come. . . .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by coolfunke(f): 3:36pm On Feb 18, 2011
@Justwise, thks alot. What other things do I need to know and provide!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 6:14pm On Feb 18, 2011
coolfunke:

@Justwise, thks alot. What other things do I need to know and provide!!!

Did u say its 2yrs degree?

Since ur company is sponsoring u, u need a sponsor letter from them, the evidence of the whole fees and maintenace fees (£7200 for london and £5400 for outside london) Since u are going with ur kids, take ur time and go through these links http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/studyingintheuk/adult-students/family/

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/pbsdependantspolicy1.pdf
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by poetdee1(m): 2:29pm On Feb 19, 2011
I love this topic, it is cool to hear people start up and get to the UK like 'former' . Do your best to get a first at your uni ( thinking about how much you pay should help ) and then you can get a job and possibly settle in the UK if you want to. Hope you have enough money to spend on fees and rent . You will survive though just try not to b silly, and understand that people will not treat you like we do when they r in Nigeria. I have heard people tell me to go back to my country even though I pay 8750 a year to study here but oh well, just don't be surprised that some people think we live on trees, have no internet and that Africa is a country .

errmm , brings back memories of when I started my visa application, got refused and then got an appeal, it all feels like it was done in a day with no stress now but back then it was hell. If you put your mind to anything you can do it. By the way if you get an appeal there is no point trying to blame the immigration officer ( or whatever they are called ). I was denied because they said my bank statement was fake, it wasn't but I didn't reply asking if they checked and blahblah instead I said it must have been a genuine mistake ,sent another copy and put bank contact details. Human rights in Nigeria is very low so because you blame an immigration officer about not doing their job might result in your appeal being denied.

Anyways good luck to everyone X
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by coolfunke(f): 9:42am On Feb 20, 2011
@ Justwise, yes its a two year degree. Do I need to have all the maintenance fee all the same time. I decided to go with my nanny.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 9:56am On Feb 20, 2011
coolfunke:

@ Justwise, yes its a two year degree. Do I need to have all the maintenance fee all the same time. I decided to go with my nanny.

Degree courses in the UK is 3yrs, are u studying a degree course already in Nigeria?

Yes you need to have all the maintenace fees AND even more money since u are going with ur nanny.

This link will help u http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/pbsdependantspolicy1.pdf

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.