Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,512 members, 7,971,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 06:33 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (309086 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ceasyc(f): 10:42pm On Feb 04, 2011
hi y'all
kindly let me know what documents pple who have visited d uk once, twice or more in d past needs to present with
their passports when renewing or applying for a 2 or 5 years uk visit visa these days?

do dey still need to present a visit invitation from a uk resident?

the uk visa forms r getting too long n complicated these days & some ridiculous questions too grin shocked
the u.s one is just straight forward online - uk used to b like that b4 (not online tho)
but i prefer d uk's way of applying 4 a visa these days tho
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 10:55pm On Feb 04, 2011
ceasyc:

hi y'all
kindly let me know what documents pple who have visited d uk once, twice or more in d past needs to present with
their passports when renewing or applying for a 2 or 5 years uk visit visa these days?
[b]do dey still need to present a visit invitation from a uk resident?
[/b]the uk visa forms r getting too long n complicated these days & some ridiculous questions too grin shocked
the u.s one is just straight forward online - uk used to b like that b4 (not online tho)
but i prefer d uk's way of applying 4 a visa these days tho

Yes u still need an IV or hotel booking, the process is still the same as the first time u applied.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ceasyc(f): 11:06pm On Feb 04, 2011
justwise:

Yes u still need an IV or hotel booking, the process is still the same as the first time u applied.

dang. bloody hell, it didnt use to b like that b4 even during drop box & 3 years ago = gats 2 send 1/tell my peeps then
anyhoo ta
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 11:37pm On Feb 04, 2011
ceasyc:

dang. bloody hell, it didnt use to b like that b4 even during drop box & 3 years ago = gats 2 send 1/tell my peeps then
anyhoo ta

Oh well. . .things have changed u know. . .though they don't have to go for an interview.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by former: 1:29pm On Feb 05, 2011
I'm here again, to rant this time around, come tuesday, I'll be going to the UK for studies, I booked my flight with a Travel bureau and gave me a kind of "electronic ticket receipt" with the flight details on it. I think I'm ok with that? What must I do on getting to the airport? Cuz my first and the last (till date) visit to the airport was when i was a kid. I'll like to know the usual process like the entrance to the counter, to the security check, bla bla bla as i don't want people to look at me like "WTF!! Who is this guy??" I'm just nervous, though i know it's not worth it. *Rant over*
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 1:48pm On Feb 05, 2011
former:

I'm here again, to rant this time around, come tuesday, I'll be going to the UK for studies, I booked my flight with a Travel bureau and gave me a kind of "electronic ticket receipt" with the flight details on it. I think I'm ok with that? What must I do on getting to the airport? Cuz my first and the last (till date) visit to the airport was when i was a kid. I'll like to know the usual process like the entrance to the counter, to the security check, bla bla bla as i don't want people to look at me like "WTF!! Who is this guy??" I'm just nervous, though i know it's not worth it. *Rant over*Thanks.
Nothing wrong with ur 'ranting', you are actually doing the right thing.
When u are leaving for the UK, avoid carrying too many luggages, one and a hand luggage where ur passport and ticket will be kept.
Go to the airport early enough, ur flight time and gate will be displayed on the screen there in waiting hall, if u are confused about anything, ask those immigration officers hanging around there, don't bribe anybody, they may try to intimate you as a first time traveler but don't give in, they can't stop you from boarding the flight, you will see many pple traveling with the same flight.

Please do not help anybody to carry ANYTHING, no matter how small its.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 1:52pm On Feb 05, 2011
. . . .when u get to the UK, u will direct u to the immigration where ur passport and visa will be checked, the immigration officer may ask you few questions and ur course or other things then ur passport will be stamped and u head to the luggage area to pick ur luggage then off u go, email ur school about ur flight details, many schools do pick pple up from the airport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shazy(f): 7:27pm On Feb 05, 2011
what if i am applying for a student visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by former: 2:25pm On Feb 06, 2011
Thanks justwise, you've been of immense help all through, i think they'll also ask about my accomodation? though a friend will pick me up from the airport and accomodate me, is it justwise if i tell them that I'll be staying with a friend? I've got his address and phone number. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 2:27pm On Feb 06, 2011
former:

Thanks justwise, you've been of immense help all through, i think they'll also ask about my accomodation? though a friend will pick me up from the airport and accomodate me, is it justwise if i tell them that I'll be staying with a friend? I've got his address and phone number. Thanks

You don't need to worry about that, if asked tell them that u will be staying with a friend while u look for accommodation. That is not a prob.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by concrete: 9:48am On Feb 07, 2011
@all:

please,
i'm a canadian and british citizen with a baby who is also a canadian citizen (and soon to be british). my hubby is in nigeria and i'm in the process of sponsoring him to canada. we can't stand to be apart but the travelling back and forth between canada and nigeria has become exhausting and much too costly (i've been back and forth 4 times since late 2009 and plan on going back in april)

long story short, i'm not settled in the uk and have no real intention to settle there with family. we much prefer canada. but since that process takes a bit of time, we figured we'd try to get him to the uk (either on visit or by me sponsoring him as a spouse) so that baby and i can see him without going all the way to nigeria.

in other words, he'd still be based in nigeria and i'd be based in canada but with a visit visa to uk, we can meet up there periodically until his canadian papers (permanent residency) are approved.

we'd normally go straight for entry clearance to uk (2 years) but we don't feel that we have enough savings or real strong ties to the uk yet, other htan job offer and reasonable accomodation for all of us upon arriving there. we're nervous that he'd get rejected if they think we might end up depending on public funds or assistance in any way because our savings are really lacking.

would a visit visa be better becasue my hubby just got a new job in nigeria and i have strong ties to canada so he can say that he has no intention of staying in uk, only to visit?

please advise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by mrman3(m): 9:54am On Feb 07, 2011
Hello Nairalandas, I checkd d vfs ikeja centre for appointment bookin but no free day in february, i want to know if i can just drive down there without booking an appointment wit them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by DisGuy: 2:09pm On Feb 07, 2011
concrete:

@all:

in other words, he'd still be based in nigeria and i'd be based in canada but with a visit visa to uk, we can meet up there periodically until his canadian papers (permanent residency) are approved.

would a visit visa be better becasue my hubby just got a new job in nigeria and i have strong ties to canada so he can say that he has no intention of staying in uk, only to visit?

please advise   

think this is the best option to be honest, other options may be tangled up and involve spinning He should have the 'strong' ties to nigeria well planned especially with a new job and maybe pictures of a new baby might also help  wink(that's if they don't ask where the baby is though)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:53pm On Feb 07, 2011
please i will like to know the cost implication for going to the uk,

flight and anyother cost i will enquire in other to get a visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by scopusng(m): 4:13pm On Feb 07, 2011
I have been married for 6 years now, blessed with 3 boys. We only did traditional married and I don't have a married certificate for now. What will happen if I intent to apply for a VISA to any country without married certificate to this effect? For now, we’ve not done the legal wedding, I mean to sign papers and get a married certificate. What will happen when they see that my married certificates date is recent date knowing fully well that we had a traditional married 6 years back with 3 children?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by mrman3(m): 6:30pm On Feb 07, 2011
mr.man:

Hello Nairalandas, I checkd d vfs ikeja centre for appointment bookin but no free day in february, i want to know if i can just drive down there without booking an appointment wit them.

Abeg,i need answer to my question ooo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 7:25pm On Feb 07, 2011
scopusng:

I have been married for 6 years now, blessed with 3 boys. We only did traditional married and I don't have a married certificate for now. What will happen if I intent to apply for a VISA to any country without married certificate to this effect? For now, we’ve not done the legal wedding, I mean to sign papers and get a married certificate. What will happen when they see that my married certificates date is recent date knowing fully well that we had a traditional married 6 years back with 3 children?

You will need that marriage certificate 4sure, you can back date it to the very year u got married, not sure if that is legally possible though.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 7:27pm On Feb 07, 2011
mr.man:

Are u sure u need to book for appointment b4 going there? UK or USA visa appointment?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by concrete: 8:41pm On Feb 07, 2011
dis guy: thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by scopusng(m): 9:51pm On Feb 07, 2011
mr.man:

mr.man:

justwise:

You will need that marriage certificate 4sure, you can back date it to the very year u got married, not sure if that is legally possible though.

Thanks, but dating a married certificate could backfire considering the fact that they could verified if I am actually married on that date or not. Don't you think so?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 9:55pm On Feb 07, 2011
scopusng:

Thanks, but dating a married certificate could backfire considering the fact that they could verified if I am actually married on that date or not. Don't you think so?

That was why i said that i'm not sure if its legally possible.

You can do court marriage and get marriage certificate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ceasyc(f): 10:02pm On Feb 07, 2011
scopusng:

where r u? if in 9ja go and swear/do an affidavit or declaration of marriage in a court near u = accepted everywhere
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ceasyc(f): 10:31pm On Feb 07, 2011
mr.man:

which embassy/visa? if it is for d uk, u do not need an appointment or online thingy and u do not need to go to d embassy/high commission

just find the nearest place (to u) where others submit their passports + docs n go there n submit urs too (they'll tell u how to pay, etc)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by mrman3(m): 9:26am On Feb 08, 2011
Justwise and Ceasyc- Thanks,i already sent a message to d vfs and they said i can go witout bookin an appointment. It's Uk bruvv!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by scopusng(m): 12:00pm On Feb 08, 2011
justwise:

That was why i said that i'm not sure if its legally possible.

You can do court marriage and get marriage certificate.
ceasyc:

where r u? if in 9ja go and swear/do an affidavit or declaration of marriage in a court near u = accepted everywhere

yes, i am based in Nigeria. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by concrete: 4:48pm On Feb 08, 2011
another question:

though i'm a british citizen, i'm not settled there (though the intention is to do so). anyhoo, i don't have a national insurance card/# (though i'll request for one upon my arrival there)

looking through the application that my hubby has to fill out, i'm seeing that this is something they're requesting for. i was told that it wasn't necessary for me to have in order to sponsor my hubby. can anyone confirm this for me? that holding the passport was enough
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by dancewith: 8:03am On Feb 09, 2011
hypeman2k9:

Hey People,

I have not been on here for a while, I have a quick question for the guru's in the house (especially funkybaby).
I have a cousin who's entitled to a certificate of abode as he's father was a naturalised British citizen at the time of his birth and he is just about to apply for it with his sisters. The problem here is that, he and one of his sisters are already married but with no kids. The Certificate of Abode form VAF7 I believe is for those entitled to it which would be himself and his sisters. So, I am wondering, Would either of their partners have to fill a VAF 7 with them to apply for a Certificate of Abode as well as the UKBA website doesn't shed more let on this?

As long as the man's children were born after his naturalization, they were born British and are entitled to a ROA. But have in mind that they can only apply for ROA if they don't already have British passports. To the best of my knowledge, you can not have both at the same time any longer. Their spouses are however not so lucky and would need to be sponsored to the UK first on spousal visas. There is a qualifying period before they become British
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by sarnneth: 1:39pm On Feb 09, 2011
Ma ppl abeg. I want to renew my visa and my husband will do a fresh application at d same time. He is a biz man. Pls which documents does he need to submit to show proof of biz. Den his biz has been run through his savigs acct n not biz acct. Is dat an issue?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Souled: 1:53pm On Feb 09, 2011
Hello,

I have a somewhat similar ques to the one above, how would a bizman prove his income, the money that goes thru his personal account isnt like a salaried one, where the visa oficial can cancel out payslip payments from the account statements.

Any advise on how to put the across in the application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by zibby(m): 12:27am On Feb 11, 2011
Souled:

Hello,

I have a somewhat similar ques to the one above, how would a bizman prove his income, the money that goes thru his personal account isnt like a salaried one, where the visa oficial can cancel out payslip payments from the account statements.

Any advise on how to put the across in the application?
sarnneth:

Ma ppl abeg. I want to renew my visa and my husband will do a fresh application at d same time. He is a biz man. Pls which documents does he need to submit to show proof of biz. Den his biz has been run through his savigs acct n not biz acct. Is dat an issue?

It would help for him to submit business registration documents confirming the business owner's name, and when the business started trading. Supplementary information like invoices and receipts would be helpful as well. I don't think the savings account issue will be a problem, as long as he can show a clear documentary link between the money flowing in and out of the account and the business he is running. (For example, an invoice made out to the registered business name, for the same amount which is debited from his account.)

Evidence of trading can be shown by receipts, invoices, contracts, bank statements, etc. Just ensure that a logical thread runs through the documents. Example of what NOT to do: submit bank statement in company's name, attaching no proof of how/why you are entitled to spend from the account for private purposes.

You might find this link helpful: http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/docs/1903073/supportingdocsvisituk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by zibby(m): 12:31am On Feb 11, 2011
concrete:

another question:

though i'm a british citizen, i'm not settled there (though the intention is to do so). anyhoo, i don't have a national insurance card/# (though i'll request for one upon my arrival there)

looking through the application that my hubby has to fill out, i'm seeing that this is something they're requesting for. i was told that it wasn't necessary for me to have in order to sponsor my hubby. can anyone confirm this for me? that holding the passport was enough

I don't think you need an NI number to proceed with your application. As far as I'm aware, you've been informed correctly, that the passport is sufficient. If you leave the NI field blank you'll probably find that it's okay. After all, you can't be expected to have an NI number if you've lived all/most of your life outside the UK!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by zibby(m): 12:40am On Feb 11, 2011
scopusng:

yes, i am based in Nigeria. Thanks.

Just to elaborate on what I believe justwise and ceasyc are already saying, you should have a "court wedding" and therefore obtain a current marriage certificate to sort everything out.  No need to backdate anything; the fact that you have been married traditionally years earlier won't/shouldn't work against you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (145)

Lithuania Student Visa / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.