Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,155 members, 7,949,962 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 02:39 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (308555 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 11:19pm On Sep 02, 2011
olu16:

Hello Justwise and other Nice people in the house, help a sister out pls! cheesy
Ok, to cut the long story short. Is it possible to be granted 2years multiple entry UK visa even though I have been to the UK just once.(My only traveling experience without over staying) People are saying we might not get the two years until our third trip. So my question now is, should I apply for 6 months now, this september(renewal), and then get the 2 years next year after the second Visa must have expired. I'll be extremely grateful if someone answers my question.
Thank you.
It is way too early to apply for the 2 years visa, your application would be refused and your passport stamped and crossed. That is not what you want in your passport
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by dalobaba: 11:55pm On Sep 02, 2011
Hello,
Thank you for the great job u are doing here. i had my visa application denied December 21, 2010. unfortunately i sent the appeal very late( 17th of march) and i stated the reason for the late appeal. till date, neither my representative in the uk nor me have heard anything about the appeal application. could it be that the passel did not reach there because i sent it by post, pls, i will like to know if you have any idea of this, thank you so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 11:59pm On Sep 02, 2011
dalobaba:

Hello,
Thank you for the great job u are doing here. i had my visa application denied December 21, 2010. unfortunately i sent the appeal very late( 17th of march) and i stated the reason for the late appeal. till date, neither my representative in the uk nor me have heard anything about the appeal application. could it be that the passel did not reach there because i sent it by post, pls, i will like to know if you have any idea of this, thank you so much   
   Unfortunately, an appeal entered or sent after the validity period is considered invalid and may not be entertained, and the appellant may never get any correspondence from the authority. This is how it is dealt with.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by dalobaba: 12:05am On Sep 03, 2011
thank you for your fast response, what do you suggest i do, should i go for a new application or what, im thinking of going for a fresh one and then attaching a copy of the appeal form stating that my appeal was late the other time and that i guessed that was why it was not entertained. will it work that way?, thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 12:19am On Sep 03, 2011
dalobaba:

thank you for your fast response, what do you suggest i do, should i go for a new application or what, im thinking of going for a fresh one and then attaching a copy of the appeal form stating that my appeal was late the other time and that i guessed that was why it was not entertained. will it work that way?, thanks
There is nothing you can do about a closed case, that particular application and it subsequent appeal is as good as dead.
I'm not sure that you even need to come up with the appeal subject because, it is not expected of them to keep record of such invalid matter, they (most likely) dumped the papers into the recycling bin. To summarise it all, the appeal issue in your new application is utterly irrelevant.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 6:17am On Sep 03, 2011
Torishe:

Thanks a lot just wise, you're too much. Then i'll go ahead and apply. How abt my lost passport n passport number i cant remember, do i need to swear an affidavit or i shld just inform them that i misplace it

Vicjustice has done justice to that question, i couldn't have said it better.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by temodent(m): 11:53am On Sep 04, 2011
Please house, my sister-in-law just got
refused a family visit visa reason given was
that she does not have enough fund in her
account even though she had 250k and
works in one of the foremost bank, I feel
strongly that she has been unduely denied and
wanted her to go for an adminisrative
review, how do we go about this please,
somebody who is familiar with this route
should speak. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 11:54am On Sep 04, 2011
where there no Docs accompanying the refusal?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by temodent(m): 3:26pm On Sep 04, 2011
there were the usual documents such as the refusal letter, an appeal form, but I understand there is room for a review which is at the discretion of the applicant, so I want to know her right to asking for an administrative review and how she can go about it. Thanx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 7:27pm On Sep 04, 2011
temodent:

Please house, my sister-in-law just got
refused a family visit visa reason given was
that she does not have enough fund in her
account even though she had 250k and
works in one of the foremost bank, I feel
strongly that  she has been unduely denied and
wanted her to go for an adminisrative
review, how do we go about this please,
somebody who is familiar with this route
should speak. Thank you

temodent:

there   were   the   usual   documents   such   as   the  refusal   letter,   an   appeal   form,  but   I   understand   there   is   room   for  a   review   which   is   at  the   discretion   of  the   applicant,   so  I   want   to   know   her   right   to asking for   an administrative   review and   how  she   can  go   about it.  Thanx
   On what ground are you Appealling the decision or requesting Judicial Review? I am asking because, i know that when a person Appeals against a visa refusal or s/he requests Judicial Review it therefore means s/he is suggesting that the ECO was wrong in the refusal decision, or that the applicant was unfairly treated and suffered injustice. 
   Now, do you really expect the Visa Officer to believe that a person is willing to spend her life-savings and even borrow more money and become a debtor just to visit the UK? Com'on, get real.
Well, as harsh as this may sound, your "sister-in-law" would need a special miracle and an inexperienced and incompetent Visa Officer (or even bribe the ECO) in order to get a visa in her given circumstance. If i were you, i won't bother appealling or requesting for administrative review because, the ECO was correct in his decision as the N250k in her account is barely enough to buy a December flight ticket.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by temodent(m): 10:43pm On Sep 04, 2011
maybe you should have a little more details about the issue, I think you are pre-judging, she isnt paying for her ticket, accomodation and whatever as all this would be taken care by her host who is also her husband, they are legally married. And the husband's status is not in doubt, works and maintains a comfortable accomodation, having all these facts what do you think again. Tthanx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 10:45pm On Sep 04, 2011
temodent:

maybe you should have a little more details about the issue, I think you are pre-judging, she isnt paying for her ticket, accomodation and whatever as all this would be taken care by her host who is also her husband, they are legally married. And the husband's status is not in doubt, works and maintains a comfortable accomodation, having all these facts what do you think again. Tthanx
yeh but if so, its evident that the husband was not the sponsorere thats why she had to prove her income.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by temodent(m): 7:25am On Sep 05, 2011
nope, you must have been quite familiar with workings of this people, they act rather harshly sometimes dont blame them though bcause we have given them enough reasons to act as such, but if you understand very clearly if someone is paying for your ticket and also going to provide you with accomodation for the duration of your stay that actually amount to being your sponsor as the cost to you of your travelling is at it's barest minimum. How about that, this is the exact reason why I want to know if there is room for an administrative review and the proceedure. Thanx once again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 10:08am On Sep 05, 2011
temodent:

maybe   you   should   have   a   little   more   details   about   the   issue,   I   think   you   are   pre-judging,   she   isnt   paying  for   her   ticket,   accomodation   and   whatever   as   all   this   would   be   taken   care   by   her   host   who   is   also   her   husband,   they   are   legally   married.  And   the  husband's   status is   not   in   doubt,  works   and  maintains   a  comfortable  accomodation,   having   all   these  facts what   do   you  think again.  Tthanx   
temodent:

nope,   you   must  have been   quite   familiar   with   workings   of   this   people,   they   act   rather   harshly sometimes   dont   blame   them   though   bcause   we  have   given   them   enough   reasons   to   act   as such,   but   if  you   understand   very   clearly  if   someone  is   paying for  your  ticket   and   also   going  to  provide you  with accomodation for the  duration  of  your   stay   that  actually amount to being  your  sponsor  as  the cost  to you  of your travelling   is at  it's  barest minimum. How  about that, this is the exact reason  why I want  to know if there is room for an administrative review and the proceedure.  Thanx once again.
   Let's ignore the fact that it was your "sister-in-law" that was involved, and let's assess the situation with neutral minds from neutral perspectives so we may reach an impartial judgement.
   Now, you said the Visa Applicant works in a lucrative bank, but however, she has a life savings of N250K (about £800, UK Pounds), she had applied for a visa to "visit" the UK under her husband's sponsorship, and her application was refused on the ground of her personal Finance Circumstance: and now, you're considering taking actions to either Appeal or request Administrative Review on the ground that she was unjustifiably refused.
   Well, you need to understand that there are protocols that govern the Rules and Regulations regarding visa application and decisions, and the two main principal guidelines are the Financial Standings of the applicant and his or her Home Obligations (ie job and other responsibilities that could be refer to as Home Ties); but your "sister-in-law" has failed to demonstrate both of these credibilities.
1a) She has a life savings of about 800 UK pounds which indicates she is a struggling class woman
1b) The fact that a wife's total savings is about 800 UK Pounds also indicates the financial situation of the Husband.
2)   The fact that she "works in a renown bank" and yet have have relatively difficulties in personal saving shows that her job does not represent the Home Obligation to return to Nigeria for.
   Actually, i'm not underminding the value of the mentioned amount in Nigeria, i'm well aware of the fact that about than 95% of Nigerians do not have that amount of money. But let's look at it from the international standard and remember that we're talking about the UK where this amount is barely enough to pay a one month house-rent and you'd understand how ridiculous it is in the eyes of a Visa Officer that a person is applying to visit the UK with a bank statement bearing this amount.
   Now, it's up to you if you want to go ahead to take whatever legal actions, and if so, you'd need to edit your original question (which suggests that you needed advice) and change it to the one that would suggest that you need encouragement. Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoTier1(m): 11:53am On Sep 05, 2011
Vicjustice:

On what ground are you Appealling the decision or requesting Judicial Review? I am asking because, i know that when a person Appeals against a visa refusal or s/he requests Judicial Review it therefore means s/he is suggesting that the ECO was wrong in the refusal decision, or that the applicant was unfairly treated and suffered injustice. 
   Now, do you really expect the Visa Officer to believe that a person is willing to spend her life-savings and even borrow more money and become a debtor just to visit the UK? Com'on, get real.
Well, as harsh as this may sound, your "sister-in-law" would need a special miracle and an inexperienced and incompetent Visa Officer (or even bribe the ECO) in order to get a visa in her given circumstance. If i were you, i won't bother appealling or requesting for administrative review because, the ECO was correct in his decision as the N250k in her account is barely enough to buy a December flight ticket.
I am seriously concerned at some of your comments/suggestion not just in this particular response but in a couple of others.
I think it is better to give advice on the position of the law/rules and leave judgement to the officers who make these decisions.

I would like to think you actually ment "Administrative Review" in your post and not "Judicial Review" as stated.

Irrationality in decisions are better handled by ECMs and I know a number of cases ECMs have reached a different decision similar circumstances as this case by simply asking the applicant to forward to them in person an upto date statement.

Lastly, your comment appears to suggest ECOs are infalliable and cut in thier decision making, again the appeals success rate will indicate your view is quite opposite.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Torishe(f): 3:45pm On Sep 05, 2011
Vicjustice, u know diff pple give diff advices. I'll do as you've suggested. I remember the consular said then that he wasnt too convinced, that was the reason for the refusal. I'll put the right info this time so as to guard against future complications. Thank you so much, my case is not that bad afterall. Thanks Vicjustice smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by joy4you: 6:15pm On Sep 05, 2011
Hello everyone,good day,pls I would like to know if 255pounds is the standard rate in which the BHC use to calculated money or if it changes as the market rate flutuates,thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ola4yinka(m): 8:28pm On Sep 05, 2011
@Vicjustice & Justwise over to u, I applied for visit visa back in 2006 n was refused, the ECO said he or she was not convinced dat I would come back, na dem sabi, my question is, do they still have my records since there was no biomethrics then, I know u'll be asking why am asking, well, circumstances don change like name n job, thanks ose dalu nagode, bye bye, oh sorry waiting to read from u NOW!, lol
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 8:39pm On Sep 05, 2011
ola4yinka:

@Vicjustice & Justwise over to u, I applied for visit visa back in 2006 n was refused, the ECO said he or she was not convinced dat I would come back, na dem sabi, my question is, do they still have my records since there was no biomethrics then, I know u'll be asking why am asking, well, circumstances don change like name n job, thanks ose dalu nagode, bye bye, oh sorry waiting to read from u NOW!, lol
let me put it plaimly no bullshitting, if your names and |Job has change fire down,nothing spoil if not they woul retain you detsils for at least 10 years. and like you said no Bio then grin grin grin grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by royalworld: 9:29pm On Sep 05, 2011
Sienna and Justwise, please add your voice to this!

I WAS PLANNING TO APPLY FOR 6 MONTHS AGAIN BECAUSE I WASNT SURE IF I WOULD BE GRANTED TWO YEAR BUT SINCE SOME PEOPLE ARE SAYING I SOULD GO FOR TWO I WOULD:
I have tried to make hotel reservation online but those i have come across demand deposit-payment for the hotels?
What can i do?
Are you saying i can get one without deposit?
I only want to use this to get the visa as i have people i am going to put up with,but for the fact that they cant give I.V letter!
Like what amount can i have in my account?
Though, i am a civil servant but i also have a registered educational consultancy firm that runs study centre for a government polytechnic with bank account!
I would also want to know other documents i need to package along with my application!
Also do i need to book appointment with vfs centre or just walk in straight to their office, fill my application, make payment and expect my 2 year visa by HIS grace?

Thanks to all you great guys in the House.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 9:31pm On Sep 05, 2011
ola4yinka:

Yes, they should still retain that record of 2006, but without the biometrics, they might not detect who you are except your names or Date Of Birth (or those of your parents) correspond with the one in their record.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by temodent(m): 9:42pm On Sep 05, 2011
@vicjustice and omo_tier, I'm really grateful, the way you both have addressed the issue raised has really helped me to clear a lot things, I think administrative review should be out of the options to be considered. I ask her to put in for an appeal and also prepare for a re-application where the issue raised by the ECO would be addressed, I hope that is a possibility re-applying while still awaiting the result of your appeal. Thanx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 10:08pm On Sep 05, 2011
royalworld:

Sienna and Justwise, please add your voice to this!

I WAS PLANNING TO APPLY FOR 6 MONTHS AGAIN BECAUSE I WASNT SURE IF I WOULD BE GRANTED TWO YEAR BUT SINCE SOME PEOPLE ARE SAYING I SOULD GO FOR TWO I WOULD:
I have tried to make hotel reservation online but those i have come across demand deposit-payment for the  hotels?
What can i do?
Are you saying i can get one without deposit?
I only want to use this to get the visa as i have people i am going to put up with,but for the fact that they cant give I.V letter!
Like what amount can i have in my account?
Though, i am a civil servant but i also have a registered educational consultancy firm that runs study centre for a government polytechnic with bank account!
I would also want to know other documents i need to package along with my application!
Also do i need to book appointment with vfs centre or just walk in straight to their office, fill my application, make payment and expect my 2 year visa by HIS grace?

Thanks to all you great guys in the House.
  This quote suggests that you've not yet applied for any UK visa, and yet you want to start by applying for a 2 years visa? That's strange and seems more or less a greedy intention which would only make the Visa Officer's job a bit easier as your application would be refused by default.
  First of all, i wonder why Nigerians always bring in the issue of Invitation Letter whenever they talk about travel abroad; know that you do not need an IV letter from anyone in order to travel independently: an IV is only required if someone or some business in the UK is calling for your visit or is bearing the costs of your trip and would be responsible for your welfare or guarantee. But you do not require an IV letter if travelling as an independent tourist. My advice is that you apply for a 6 months visa, and if you're concerned about paying for accommodation, then, you can request a person in the UK to offer you an accommodation in writing.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by joy4you: 10:54pm On Sep 05, 2011
Hello,pls justwise n others pls can u help me with my question,thanks alot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by royalworld: 11:05pm On Sep 05, 2011
Like i said in the earlier post, i have been given 6 months before and i used it once.Now i want to renew it! the issue is whether to apply for same 6 months or 2 years .I also spoke about hotel booking that can be done without a dime until i check in!I am planing to visit in December.
I stated that i am a civil servant, an educational consultant with a study centre for a Govt. Poly,a post graduate student of LASU.I think i have strong ties that can aid my renewal for the two years?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoTier1(m): 11:26pm On Sep 05, 2011
temodent:

@vicjustice   and   omo_tier, I'm really grateful, the way you both have addressed the issue raised has really helped me to clear a lot things, I think administrative review should be out of the options to be considered. I ask her to put in for an appeal and also prepare for a re-application where the issue raised by the ECO would be addressed, I hope that is a possibility re-applying while still awaiting the result of your appeal. Thanx
My advice will be to re-apply with the same account details but do not go dump money to sure up the account! Rather maintain a decent saving over a given period before you reapply.

If you have a decent account too, you can produce your own account  statement to her with written declaration that cost of  flight will be borne by you.

As a guide, convert the balance in the account to GB Pounds and then make a quick check to assess if that amount can pay for your flight to/from UK and 7days accommodation and allowance for emergency.

joy4you:

Hello everyone,good day,pls I would like to know if 255pounds is the standard rate in which the BHC use to calculated money or if it changes as the market rate flutuates,thank you
The UKBA website for Nigeria display thier exchange rate from Naira to pounds, check the attached pdf file which you can find on this website

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/visafees/

it's £1 to N270 at the BHC!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Fiver: 1:32am On Sep 06, 2011
How much does someone in the UK needs to be earning (or have in savings) before being able to invite someone, comfortably

a) a student friend B) a family member?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by joy4you: 8:47am On Sep 06, 2011
@ roylaworld,thanks for d link,I just checkt it and by my calculation its 260 to 1pound
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 9:02am On Sep 06, 2011
Fiver:

How much does someone in the UK needs to be earning (or have in savings) before being able to invite someone, comfortably

a) a student friend B) a family member?
No specific ammount, all the person needs is to be able to prove 1 his/her Income,2prove of address 3 is legally resident .The rest erm the ornus is then down to the invited to prove
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by TravelMast: 1:16pm On Sep 06, 2011
Travel Masters is Nigeria's #1 real-time online hotel booking web portal. Book hotels for your business or pleasure or visa requirements or any other needs worldwide. Check out our "tongue in cheek" TV ad on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldhdPCvvPj4
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:36pm On Sep 07, 2011
@justwise nd elf, pls i really need an answer
I am a student right here in Nigeria, i am wishing to travel to the United Kingdom because i am on vacation but the problem is that i told my sister that went to the UK through HSMP last 2 yrs to send me invitation letter but she said that she cant send for me because she has to get her indefinite stay nd i have been tired of asking her. Now i have decided to go by myself but the problem is that i dont knw how to go from there without an invitation letter. My parents have a good financial bank statement,buildings,lands, nd so many on i can present to the bank statement. I contacted a travel agent he was telling me that i should give him 200,000 naira for only 6 months visa and that seems so much, but they said they would be able to do it for me
Pls help me because am so confused,  I dont want to tell my sister or beg her again. Tanks nd i will be expecting your reply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 2:32pm On Sep 07, 2011
topsnet:

@justwise nd elf, pls i really need an answer
I am a student right here in Nigeria, i am wishing to travel to the United Kingdom because i am on vacation but the problem is that i told my sister that went to the UK through HSMP last 2 yrs to send me invitation letter but she said that she cant send for me because she has to get her indefinite stay nd i have been tired of asking her. Now i have decided to go by myself but the problem is that i dont knw how to go from there without an invitation letter. My parents have a good financial bank statement,buildings,lands, nd so many on i can present to the bank statement. I contacted a travel agent he was telling me that i should give him 200,000 naira for only 6 months visa and that seems so much, but they said they would be able to do it for mePls help me because am so confused,  I dont want to tell my sister or beg her again. Tanks nd i will be expecting your reply

The agent is just after ur money and i hope u don't waste ur money. You getting a UK visa as a student will entirely depend on ur parents, they have to sponsor you, they have to give u the money and sponsorship letter addressed to the ECO, you have to give the ECO a very good reason why u want to visit the UK and what you tend to do while in the UK. As a student, u have to provide ur academic records/progress reports.

Even with all those documents, visiting visa for a student is not guarantee so don't let anybody deceive you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.