Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,912 members, 7,918,960 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 06:24 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (307957 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by EmmaIK: 12:56pm On Aug 29, 2011
thanks.
should i transfer the money to my parents current acount?
the hospital is my dads own and he is the sole signatory to the account.
Also time is running out as the funds have to be there for at least 28 days.
thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 1:05pm On Aug 29, 2011
EmmaIK:

thanks.
should i transfer the money to my parents current acount?
the hospital is my dads own and he is the sole signatory to the account.
Also time is running out as the funds have to be there for at least 28 days.
thanks.
yep do exactly that and follow teh advice given to the previous poster ok and Good luck cos you need loads of it in these matter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Temporary: 8:20pm On Aug 29, 2011
Temporary:

No, I was granted leave to enter on a temporary basis

I was given a letter at the point of entry which stated temporary admission to a person who is liable to be detained, but they held my passport, my passport was then sent back to me in the post with a letter stating i have been granted leave to enter after the case was resolved
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 8:30pm On Aug 29, 2011
Temporary:

I was given a letter at the point of entry which stated temporary admission to a person who is liable to be detained, but they held my passport, my passport was then sent back to me in the post with a letter stating i have been granted leave to enter after the case was resolved
take my advice, you better inbox people and let them give you a valid advice based on what you realy wanna know, cos the sceenero dont add up, cos they would request you to come pick your passport up not post it to you cos to post it to you, they would need a valid address and you where able to provide this at point of entry?but anyway, and it took 3 days?? with what you just stated, lets see if someone else has an advice 4 you mate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoTier1(m): 12:24pm On Aug 30, 2011
joy4you:

Good day everyone,am new here,please i was refused a student uk visa and was adviced to put money in my account for 28days which i have done,the money will complete 28days on the sept. 23th,i was wondering if i can apply that same day because my school resumes 28th of september and enrolment dedline is october 17th,and they said i cannot get an extension, i am very very worried and need to know if there is any chance i would be refused for late submission because i was told i could be refused based on that,please i need your opinion,
thank you all.
Go ahead and re-apply. If you can (NOT A MUST BUT IT WOULD HELP), get a written letter from your university addressed to UKBA/VISA SERVICES BHC, Abuja stating the obvious that your university is aware that you will be resuming within a certain time frameand that you will still be able to proceed with your registration/enrollment upon arrival.A matey went through similar situation and the BHC reconsidered his application when he got the school to write them confirming that he can still resume as normal.

Include all necessary documents are adviced by justwise.

Do not forget, the statement printout closing balance MUST show on the last page of the bank statement.Also get an official letter from your bank stating that you have had the money in your account for over 28days. This must be in the official letter head of your bank and duly endorsed by the bank, i.e. stamped and signed by an authorized staff preferably branch manager.

Best of luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by joy4you: 1:03pm On Aug 30, 2011
Thank youso much,I will do that
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by alexylie(m): 8:38pm On Aug 30, 2011
@justwise, thanks for the headups on my visa application, like u said, made some enquires and i had to call the abuja office lastweek, and was told it will come out on monday 29th which it was actually true. I should be heading there on thursday sep 1st. promise to give u feed-back as soon as possible. once again, thanks so much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 11:13pm On Aug 30, 2011
alexylie:

@justwise, thanks for the headups on my visa application, like u said, made some enquires and i had to call the abuja office lastweek, and was told it will come out on monday 29th which it was actually true. I should be heading there on thursday sep 1st. promise to give u feed-back as soon as possible. once again, thanks so much.

Ok, i really hope its good news.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by royalworld: 10:58am On Aug 31, 2011
I travelled to U.k 4 years ago with a 6 month visa once and never overstayed.
i want to apply for visa this year. my questions are:
1. How many year visa do i apply for?
2.if i am going in December,when do you advise i put in my application?
3. I am using hotel booking,how can i get hotel booking that would not request deposit? i need hotel that i would make payment on arrival.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 6:19pm On Aug 31, 2011
royalworld:

I travelled to U.k 4 years ago with a 6 month visa once and never overstayed.
i want to apply for visa this year. my questions are:
1. How many year visa do i apply for?
2.if i am going in December,when do you advise i put in my application?
3. I am using hotel booking,how can i get hotel booking that would not request deposit? i need hotel that i would make payment on arrival.
well you should be Ok with 2 years multiple visa, as for when, I recon you should do it a month to when you plan to leave
You can do the booking hotel thingy without paying, its cal hotel reservation lol
hope this helps.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by royalworld: 11:15pm On Aug 31, 2011
Thanks Erico2k2!
I WAS PLANNING TO APPLY FOR & MONTHS AGAIN BECAUSE I WASNT SURE IF I WOULD BE GRANTED TWO YEAR BUT SINCE SOME PEOPLE ARE SAYING I SOULD GO FOR TWO I WOULD:
I have tried to make hotel reservation online but those i have come accross demand deposit-payment for the hotels?
What can i do?
Are you saying i can get one without deposit?
I only want to use this to get the visa as i have people i am going to put up with,but for the fact that they cant give I.V letter!
Like what amount can i have in my account?
Though, i am a civil servant but i also have a registered educational consultancy firm that runs study centre for a government polytechnic with bank account!
I would also want to know other documents i need to package along with my application!
Also do i need to book appointment with vfs centre or just walk in straight to their office, fill my application, make payment and expect my 2 year visa by HIS grace?
Sienna and Justwise, please add your voice to this!
Thanks to all you great guys in the House.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Torishe(f): 2:02pm On Sep 01, 2011
Hi all

I need an advice from the house. I applied for UK visa in 2004 but was refused. However, the problem is that i misplaced the passport and i cant remember the passport number either. I am planning to apply for visiting visa now and i'm kind of confused on what to do. Someone told me that i should write in the application that i've not applied before, he aslo said that their records is based on those who applied after the thumb printing started. How true is this.

thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 6:35pm On Sep 01, 2011
Torishe:

Hi all

I need an advice from the house. I applied for UK visa in 2004 but was refused. However, the problem  is that i misplaced the passport and i cant remember the passport number either. I am planning to apply for visiting visa now and i'm kind of confused on what to do.[b] Someone told me that i should write in the application that i've not applied before, [/b]he aslo said that their records is based on those who applied after the thumb printing started. How true is this.

thanks

You will be refused a visa if you do that, they still have your record, only if u had changed the name u used for the old passport. . i think they normally hold it for 10yrs.

Why were u refused a visa in 2004?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:09pm On Sep 01, 2011
Hi, I and siblings bn to d uk js once (last year) on a six mth visa, we r planning to renew this year (same sponsor-dad,same host-aunt). Pls advice if we should apply for the 2 years or just another 6 mths. We spent 21 days. We trying not to loose money, since we can be given 6mth even after paying 70k 4 2 yrs.(We r Students- 2nd year engr, final year engr, last year secondary skl, grade 9 secondary skl) thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Torishe(f): 8:30am On Sep 02, 2011
Just wise

Thanks. I cant even remember why i was rejected, though i applied for 2yrs instead of 6mths. What do i do about the lost passport? I cant remember anything about it. Are you saying that i should state that i have applied before and cant find the other passport? What is your advice regarding this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 12:40pm On Sep 02, 2011
Torishe:

Just wise

Thanks. I cant even remember why i was rejected, though i applied for 2yrs instead of 6mths. What do i do about the lost passport? I cant remember anything about it. Are you saying that i should state that i have applied before and cant find the other passport? What is your advice regarding this.

Yes you have to state that  u have applied before but you will be asked to explain the reason why u were refused. . ,  explain anything u can remember.

Did you change any personal detail you used in the old passport when u applied for the new one?. . Things like name (s), DOB. . etc?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Torishe(f): 12:59pm On Sep 02, 2011
Justwise

No i didnt change any information about myself. My hubby's case is another issue, he used a passport with a wrong date of birth and he also filled that date of birth on the form in 2004. Though, i'm the only one applying now, i dont know if putting his real date of birth in the column for spouse's information will be a prob to my application now. This issue has prevented from applying to the UK but i just wanna summon up courage.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 1:20pm On Sep 02, 2011
Torishe:

Justwise

No i didnt change any information about myself. My hubby's case is another issue, he used a passport with a wrong date of birth and he also filled that date of birth on the form in 2004. Though, i'm the only one applying now, i dont know if putting his real date of birth in the column for spouse's information will be a prob to my application now. This issue has prevented from applying to the UK but i just wanna summon up courage.

I do understand how u feel but since you did not change of ur details and did not submit any forged/faked documents. . just acknowlege that u have been refused a visa in 2004 and that u can't really remember why u were refused. . that is far better than lying to the ECO. Your hubby can still maintain the same DOB he used in 2004, .to avoid complicating issues for u.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Torishe(f): 1:38pm On Sep 02, 2011
Thanks just wise. He cant even remember the date of birth he used again!. Do you advise i should use his real date of birth in my application now, i dont want to complicate issues. Should i also state that i have misplaced the old passport and cant remember the passport number again? I'm confused. undecided
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 3:09pm On Sep 02, 2011
Torishe:

@Torishe
   It is not a rare thing for the ECO to observe discrepancies in given Dates Of Birth, so, they are aware of the fact that the DOBs of a vast number of Nigerians are highly uncertain. I have applied for a visa before entering the DOB of a relative (something that i wasn't sure of), and the visa was issued. And then, on another application, i forgot the DOB that i gave previously and i entered a totally different one: but at the end, i added a note that reads:

* "Though i have honestly filled the form with as much information as i can genuinely provide, but the DOB of *** is highly uncertain as there exists no national database (in Nigeria) to keep such records and therefore, in the absence of such, i would like to state that the DOB provided is not to the best of my knowledge."

Trust me, the visa was also issued despite the discrepancies: i am arguably one of the people that made the Embassy to consider adding an option for people who happen to be in this situation; and now-a-days, there is an option of "DON'T KNOW" when entering a family member's DOB.

Now, you can do the same for your husband's date of birth, these people know that Nigerians (like most African nations) are not properly documented: So, you can do the same, (in the past, you could have entered a guessed DOB, but now that there's the "DON'T KNOW" option, i think it's your best bet. And remember to make a declaration of your lack of knowledge at the end claiming that the DOB of your husband is highly uncertain as there exist no national database in Nigeria to keep such record.

Note: In future time, your husband may need a sworn (and permanent) Declaration Of Age in order to deal with the situation and to be considered eligible for subsequent visa application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 02, 2011
Noone is answering mine.sad seems its much better to lurk, than post. Pls answer mine.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 3:32pm On Sep 02, 2011
olu16:

Hi, I and siblings bn to d uk js once (last year) on a six mth visa, we r planning to renew this year (same sponsor-dad,same host-aunt). Pls advice if we should apply for the 2 years or just another 6 mths. We spent 21 days. We trying not to loose money, since we can be given 6mth even after paying 70k 4 2 yrs.(We r Students- 2nd year engr, final year engr, last year secondary skl, grade 9 secondary skl) thanks
olu16:

Noone is answering mine.sad seems its much better to lurk, than post. Pls answer mine.
   No one wants to pass through the pain of trying to understand your Greek; If only you'd be respectfully considerate enough to write in proper English
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 02, 2011
shocked, lyk seriously?! Smh!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 02, 2011
I expected everyone on here to understand certain abbreviations. Pardon me if some words were omitted, but u really didn't need to go off like that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Torishe(f): 4:06pm On Sep 02, 2011
Thanks a lot just wise, you're too much. Then i'll go ahead and apply. How abt my lost passport n passport number i cant remember, do i need to swear an affidavit or i shld just inform them that i misplace it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 02, 2011
Hello Justwise and other Nice people in the house, help a sister out pls! cheesy
Ok, to cut the long story short. Is it possible to be granted 2years multiple entry UK visa even though I have been to the UK just once.(My only traveling experience without over staying) People are saying we might not get the two years until our third trip. So my question now is, should I apply for 6 months now, this september(renewal), and then get the 2 years next year after the second Visa must have expired. I'll be extremely grateful if someone answers my question.
Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 5:37pm On Sep 02, 2011
olu16:

Hello Justwise and other Nice people in the house, help a sister out pls! cheesy
Ok, to cut the long story short. Is it possible to be granted 2years multiple entry UK visa even though I have been to the UK just once.(My only traveling experience without over staying) People are saying we might not get the two years until our third trip. So my question now is, should I apply for 6 months now, this september(renewal), and then get the 2 years next year after the second Visa must have expired. I'll be extremely grateful if someone answers my question.
Thank you.
I will say apply for the 6 months since you already got the doubt in mind and in a way so you dont lose money, you can always apply for two years when that runs out ok!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 02, 2011
Thank you! Guess we'll just go 4 d 6 months.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 7:12pm On Sep 02, 2011
olu16:

Thank you! Guess we'll just go 4 d 6 months.
Wise choice cheesy cheesy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:22pm On Sep 02, 2011
Hello everyone,
I applied for my UK visa on the 11th of Jluy.
I still have not gotten a reply yet.
i sent them a mail on the 25th of August and they said since i opted for the sms alert, i should wait for the alert. and that the visa was still undergoing verification.
its quite frustrating as this is the 2nd of September
who else is in this dilemma?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 10:24pm On Sep 02, 2011
Torishe:

Thanks a lot just wise, you're too much. Then i'll go ahead and apply. How abt my lost passport n passport number i cant remember, do i need to swear an affidavit or i shld just inform them that i misplace it
   Dear, i'm not Justwise, though Justwise is more or less a comrade wink
   Now, if you wish to lie about previous application, do take special care and precautions to avoid them finding you out as the consequences may result in a 10 years ban; but if ideally you wish to apply clean, simply admit to the facts about your previous refusal.
   Though you may be asked to provide details of your previous Passport Numbers and the reason for your visa refusal, but bear in mind that neither their question nor your answer is essential, they are only using this to assess your level of honesty, (trust me, they have the records and know the situation better than you do). So, it is OK to answer UNKNOWN in regard to your Passport Number question, and also OK to answer CAN'T RECALL in regard to the reason for refusal.
   Free your mind, your case is not that bad. And in case you have further questions, do not hesitate to ask, i'll give you as much time as possible. Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 11:15pm On Sep 02, 2011
Chynells:

Hello everyone,
I applied for my UK visa on the 11th of Jluy.
I still have not gotten a reply yet.
i sent them a mail on the 25th of August and they said since i opted for the sms alert, i should wait for the alert. and that the visa was still undergoing verification.
its quite frustrating as this is the 2nd of September
who else is in this dilemma?

There's absolutely nothing you or anyone can do in this situation, it's a waiting game

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.