Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,583 members, 7,941,226 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 08:35 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (308344 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Ronie24(f): 8:36am On Jul 29, 2011
@sienna Just wanna know how long it takes to get a work permit in the U.k?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by worry246(m): 9:00am On Jul 29, 2011
It will take you untill hell freezes over unless you have a confirmed offer of a SKILLED job.
Without an invitation letter from UK company offering employment there is no way of getting work permit legally.
There is no such thing as open permit for you to go looking for work!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by graciousme(f): 3:53pm On Jul 30, 2011
Hello house. Pls what is the minimum requirement for bank accout statement when appying for visiting visa to uk. How many working days will it take for the processing. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Omurhobo: 4:16pm On Jul 30, 2011
Pls@all
how many address will i include when drafting a letter of consent for under-age?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Omurhobo: 5:04pm On Jul 30, 2011
Pls@all
how many address will i include when drafting a letter of consent to d uk embassy?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by saddor: 11:24pm On Jul 30, 2011
PLS I NEED UR ADVICE
I APPLIED UK VISA 6 MONTHS LAST YEAR AND GRANTED ONCE, BUT NW,I WAN TO RENEW.
IN MY PREVIOUS APPLICATION I SAID I HV AN UNMARRIED PARTNER THT SHE;S STAYING WITH ME HERE THT SOON WE WILL MARRIED.
SAME LAST YEAR I DECIDED TO MARRIED NON-NIGERIAN LADY SAME YEAR.
I SUBMITTED MY APPLICATION ON 28-09-2010
I MARRIED MY WIFE 11-11-2010 SAME YEAR.
HOPE THIS WILL NT LOOK SOME HOW FRM THE ECO'S VIEW.
AND I WANT TO RENEW NW.
I NEED YOUR ADVICE PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
THANX.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by dadaibrahim(m): 2:27am On Aug 02, 2011
please i need help, i had 90 in my TOEFL exam BuT 17 IN SPEAKING SECTION , the school i applied for requested for 19 in the speaking section. please what is my hope? please i need school that my result would be best suit, help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by dadaibrahim(m): 2:40am On Aug 02, 2011
please i need help, i had 90 in my TOEFL exam BuT 17 IN SPEAKING SECTION , the school i applied for requested for 19 in the speaking section. please what is my hope? please i need school that my result would be best suit, help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 03, 2011
Ronie24:

@sienna Just wanna know how long it takes to get a work permit in the U.k?

Pretty straight forward, if you have a confirmed offer of a job that comes under the skilled banner. And a letter of invitation from the UK company that's offered you the said job. We're not talking any old company, but one that's been registered / established for quite a while, and has checkable credentials.

Best of luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Fogman(m): 11:41am On Aug 03, 2011
Fogman:

@ All, a friend submitted his application to visit his uncle in UK during his leave period. He was meant to travel on 14th July and return back today (28th July) (2 wks) for resumption of work on 1st August.

Today makes it 27 working days he submitted and not out yet!

1. Does family visit apllication take this long!
2. His intended visit period in UK has elapse, what is the effect of this, with regards to his application?

Will appreciate your answers.

My friend was called from British high Comm, Abuja to attend an interview on tuesday. Pls is this a normal proceddure? Or is it because he applied for a family visit? I have never had of British H C asking one to come for an interview, except it is a new development. Comments are very welcome
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by amykelly: 12:14pm On Aug 03, 2011
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by worry246(m): 3:43pm On Aug 03, 2011
To invite visitor or relative you must proove to UKBA
That property is suitable ie enough bedrooms to allow visitor not to share.
That you are allowed to have visitors if in rented accomodation.
BIGGEST thing allways it that visitor MUST proove that they are going to return home.
So must provide strong links like good job or property.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by prinz90(m): 4:52pm On Aug 03, 2011
@Justwise @ Sienna, pls, i need ur advice, my 60yr old Aunt got a 6months UK visit visa in 2005 but for one reason or the other, she didnt travel with the visa. The thing now is that she wants to visit her son in the UK whose wife gave birth recently. My questions are 1) will her not using the 1st visa not raise questions by d ECO? 2) does she need to include the old passport with the expired visa, in her application? 3) she go a 6months then, what duration should she apply for now? 6 months or 2years? 4) what document should she include in her application when applying now? Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ceasyc(f): 2:52am On Aug 04, 2011
Fogman:

@ All, a friend submitted his application to visit his uncle in UK during his leave period. He was meant to travel on 14th July and return back today (28th July) (2 wks) for resumption of work on 1st August.

Today makes it 27 working days he submitted and not out yet!

1. Does family visit apllication take this long!
2. His intended visit period in UK has elapse, what is the effect of this, with regards to his application?

Will appreciate your answers.

thats too loooooongggggg sha but d time i wanted my family to visit me elapsed too cos of d interview date dey gave dem at d high commission (check my

answers below) but ECO didnt bother. dey still gave dem d visas cos u can take holiday in school at anytime apart from exam times (some exceptions). my lil

ones came during 2nd term exam but dey had to use d visas so dey dont expire. their headmaster was kind enough to set another exam 4 dem wen dey got

back from 1 month visit to d uk

Fogman:

My friend was called from British high Comm, Abuja to attend an interview on tuesday. Pls is this a normal proceddure? Or is it because he applied for a family visit? I have never had of British H C asking one to come for an interview, except it is a new development. Comments are very welcome

that's not a new development, they do it at times even back in december 2005 when dey just started d new way of applying 4 a visa

without interview.

my mom n 2 bros (under aged at d time of applying) were invited to come for an interview after sending their passport via dat new thingy. it was shocking at 1st

cos ma had 2 years uk visa on her passport already but my lil ones were 1st time applicants. its better 2 get an interview instead of giving u a refusal straight up.

dey just had some doubts n questions to ask my mom which was bugging dem. she was able to answer all questions thrown at her and dey were given d visas

goodluck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by prinz90(m): 11:13am On Aug 04, 2011
Hello people, i need your advice to my post above # 4204. Your useful opinion is welcome. Thx. Justwise, Sienna and others, pls responde. Thx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 12:26pm On Aug 04, 2011
prinz90:

@Justwise @ Sienna, pls, i need your advice, my 60yr old Aunt got a 6months UK visit visa in 2005 but for one reason or the other, she didnt travel with the visa. The thing now is that she wants to visit her son in the UK whose wife gave birth recently. My questions are 1) will her not using the 1st visa not raise questions by d ECO? 2) does she need to include the old passport with the expired visa, in her application? 3) she go a 6months then, what duration should she apply for now? 6 months or 2years? 4) what document should she include in her application when applying now? Thank you.

Not using the first visa will not raise any alarm. (2) She doesn't need to include the old passport, but she has to acknowledge that she was given visa in 2005 and did not use it then she will be required to fill-in the visa/application Ref. (3) Since she did not use the first visa, let her apply for 6months again. (4) The same set of documents she submitted when she applied in 2005, though she must get IV from her son in the UK and other documents. . .evidence of adequate accommodation, proof of finance etc.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Fogman(m): 4:37pm On Aug 04, 2011
ceasyc:

thats too loooooongggggg sha but d time i wanted my family to visit me elapsed too cos of d interview date dey gave dem at d high commission (check my

answers below) but ECO didnt bother. dey still gave dem d visas cos u can take holiday in school at anytime apart from exam times (some exceptions). my lil

ones came during 2nd term exam but dey had to use d visas so dey dont expire. their headmaster was kind enough to set another exam 4 dem wen dey got

back from 1 month visit to d uk

that's not a new development, they do it at times even back in december 2005 when dey just started d new way of applying 4 a visa

without interview.

my mom n 2 bros (under aged at d time of applying) were invited to come for an interview after sending their passport via dat new thingy. it was shocking at 1st

cos ma had 2 years uk visa on her passport already but my lil ones were 1st time applicants. its better 2 get an interview instead of giving u a refusal straight up.

dey just had some doubts n questions to ask my mom which was bugging dem. she was able to answer all questions thrown at her and dey were given d visas

goodluck

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by prinz90(m): 10:31pm On Aug 04, 2011
@ Justwise, thank you for the advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ceasyc(f): 11:23pm On Aug 04, 2011
Fogman:

Thanks.

de nada
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:33pm On Aug 04, 2011
ceasyc:

de nada
[color=#990000][/color] whata freaking topic huh,let's think of d possibility they exist,c'mon am open d suggestion of y'll
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:19am On Aug 05, 2011
@all, please I need your advice. I didn't know about the 28days rule so I fixed some money in my account. The money I didn't fix is half the one I fixed. It matures next week. I wish to find out if I will be offered a tier 4 visa when I apply next week. I have the fixed deposit certificate and a scholarship letter to support my application. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 08, 2011
The one.:

[/color] whata freaking topic huh,let's think of d possibility they exist,c'mon am open d suggestion of y'll

[color=#000099]Now this I didn't understand.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tounshow: 6:56pm On Aug 09, 2011
pls, i wanna know ow many times one can travel with a valid uk visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Yemming(m): 10:28pm On Aug 11, 2011
hello guys,

i need your help, im an international student currently studying in turkey, i will be coming back home to apply for a 6 month uk visa and i have already been refused once in 2006 on my old naija pali,

i dont have a sponsor but i want to apply that i will be sponsoring myself with my domiciliary account which i have been able to put some reasonable amount of money in it via savings from abroad,

i want to use an hotel reservation because i dont have a sponsor, please people i need you guys to advice me on how to go about it,

will be happy to read from you guys

thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by frakie: 6:02pm On Aug 13, 2011
hello nairalanders,
pls, i will huge anyone in the house that can help me with my question oooooo
i want to apply for a uk visiting visa, although am going for a conference, and the date of birth on my pp is students age and u know that students age start from 1990s, my question is that, can i use my husband sister bank statement for my application, i mean to back up my application, will this work?
house pls, help, and anyone that can help me with another useful info can also update these thread.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by NiaLong(f): 1:35pm On Aug 15, 2011
@Siena a cousin wants to visit the uk but has no job and i am willing to act as her sponsor ,she also has a letter of invitation from another cousin.do you think she might encounter any problems and what other document does she need to verify she is coming back. she has a seven year old kid, does that count for anything. what other line of action can she take? thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by amykelly: 2:05pm On Aug 16, 2011
Hey guys! I got my 2yrs Uk visa today! grin grin grin grin grin. It took only 9 working days. shocked Thanks for all the advice and support!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by damola1: 2:10pm On Aug 16, 2011
^^^ congratulations, and jubilation, celebrations, in our NL,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by amykelly: 2:47pm On Aug 16, 2011
^^^ congratulations, and jubilation, celebrations, in our NL,

Thanks grin grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by dappyboy: 5:26pm On Aug 16, 2011
Please guys i applied for a Tourist visa since 26th of july and today makes it 16 working days i havent heard anything from them, how long am i gonna wait guys? thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by nology: 5:38pm On Aug 16, 2011
@amykelly, which of the centers did you apply for ur visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by amykelly: 5:43pm On Aug 16, 2011
@amykelly, which of the centers did you apply for your visa?

The center at lekki. Mine was a renewal.

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.