Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,583 members, 7,941,226 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 08:35 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (308344 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 6:00pm On Jul 19, 2011
Obatity:

@justwise

Pls. how do i go about obtaining uk visa for my new baby too cos i would  want to travel with my baby after delivery so has to make use of my visa before it expires.

Thanks.  N.B I have a 2yrs old daughter with valid Uk visa as well.

I'm not really sure about that. I guess somebody here with an experience in that area could help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by jt2010: 8:38pm On Jul 19, 2011
Omo_tier1,

Many thanks for your time and contribution on my case and others,

I have drafted the letter and will like to PM you a copy for correction. My e-mail address is: cadcamuser1@gmail.com

Kindly PM a line via my e-mail above to enable me PM because u may not want to drop your e-mail on public forum. I intend to submit it by Friday if all goes well according to ur input.

Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by iiiyyyk(m): 10:10pm On Jul 19, 2011
please i need advice from every one.

i intend to apply for UK visit visa by November, my elder sister will be sending an invitation letter for me to attain her graduation ceremony by early December.
I finished NYSC june this year, i started working in a private hospital this july (a Doctor) .
The hospital intends to pay my salary directly into my account, an account i have been using since 2009. the hospital does not issue pay slip.
the account will have above 1.5m by submission time.
I have a single landed property
i have share certificates
I will stay with my sister, she will be sending her tenancy agreement and a letter confirming i will stay in her apartment

NOW MY QUESTIONS
1) Do they recognize invitation from graduating students in uk?
2)considering the private hospital and no pay slip do i still have a chance?
3)should i pay for hotel resavertion ?
4)must i convert my share certificates to CSCS account b4 applying?

Pls i need general advice from every body, also any private clues will be appreciated through my email uwakweuwakwe@yahoo.co.uk

thanks all advice is wellcome
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by New9jabeb: 8:43pm On Jul 20, 2011
Hello house
Please help? We want to apply for tourist visa. I do have a number of questions. I have read nearly every page of this topic some of my questions have been answered. N thank you to all for your contributions n patience.

How much on average would one spend on hotel accommodation so that the ECO dont raise questions or eyebrows. Like what percentage of your income or Savings. Spending ten days in london

Can I book at budget hotel n then once I get visa book at a more expensive one? Do they check or confirm which hotel

Is it better in terms of logistics n sightseeing to be within central London unlike staying out of London and having to commute 30 plus minutes to get into London. 

We would rather book a holiday apartment, think they are more flexible n not to mention cheaper than hotels, would the ECO frawn upon that.

Our itinerary is just in London Hoping to visit other cities on other visits without packing everything in one trip. Is this ok for a tourist visa?

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kafng: 11:08pm On Jul 20, 2011
Hello all,

Great and helpful contributions by all.Thanks.

I have been to the UK with my six months visa on 2 occasions,spending 2 weeks on both occasions.My visa is expired now and i will like to renew BUT 2 things have changed since the last time i applied.

I changed work 5 months ago.Though with same salary as the last,but the location is more comfortable.Do i make this known in a seperate explanation,or do i just submit my new company's employment letter?Does the newness of the job(5 months) count against me?

2ndly,i am applying this time with my wife,do we submit a package or submit seperately?she's got her own job too but i am responsible for the whole trip financially

I await all helpful contributions please.

Thanks in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Fogman(m): 9:06am On Jul 21, 2011
Hello house, please is there anyone who submitted application for UK visitors visa from the 20th June and have receive his/her passport back. My pal submitted and uptil today no response from them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by bamangatuk: 6:45pm On Jul 21, 2011
Fogman:

Hello house, please is there anyone who submitted application for UK visitors visa from the 20th June and have receive his/her passport back. My pal submitted and uptil today no response from them.

Been waiting over 3 months for settlement Visa. Not too relevant, but I believe that the visa processing times have been increasing steadily over the last 3 months as I've noted from

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/processingtimes

check your own centre and category.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vgbg88: 12:41pm On Jul 22, 2011
please can you ppl help, i was refused a visa on four counts
firstly am a masters student here , they said my sch didnt include expected graduation date and that i didnt nclude any savings or any things that shows i have a future plan here in nigeria
secondly my dad is the sponsor, i submitted hez acct stmt but didnt include is other doctuments, they said theres no evidence as o hez source of income and are not genuinely sure this funds will be available to me
and lastly my cousin sent the invitation letter and employment papers and acct stmt, bur they said they are not sure about the type of accomodation that is available to me or that she will be able to accomodate me.

the problem i av is , sch doesnt include dates cos of the way education system is here, uncertainties both on sch's part and students part culd crop up anytime. i went back to sch and was simply told they only state that one is still fully registered and studying.

i av gotten all my dad's business papers and property evidence but he is not in d country at the moment so i cant get the old account stmt, can i used anoda account stmt which he has in the house already?

finally my cousin has said she'll scan her pay slips to me and a confirmatory letter.

am jus worried sick about if i can use anoda of my dad's account cos he wont be back soon

the letter from sch, previous acct stmt and introduction letter from my dad, where not returned,
please help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by phraoh(m): 12:43pm On Jul 22, 2011
@vgbg88
Thats more like it and am sure you will be givin all necessary help on this thread.Goodluck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vgbg88: 12:44pm On Jul 22, 2011
thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Pamperme: 5:51pm On Jul 22, 2011
@ Justwise and Omo Tier 1

i asked earlier in the post about the form my friend (who wanted to apply for his Msc and his CAS was issued before April 2011) should fill. You advised that he should use the April 2011 form and write English language test. He didnt because he said it was expressly stated at UKBA website which form to use and there is no requirement for english language test in the form. His Study Visa came out today anyway!

i just want to advise people to follow the instructions carefully because am sure he would have been refused for using a wrong form, if he had used the new form.

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 7:07pm On Jul 22, 2011
Pamperme:

@ Justwise and Omo Tier 1
i asked earlier in the post about the form my friend (who wanted to apply for his Msc and his CAS was issued before April 2011) should fill. You advised that he should use the April 2011 form and write English language test.  He didnt because he said it was expressly stated at UKBA website which form to use and there is no requirement for english language test in the form.  His Study Visa came out today anyway! 
i just want to advise people to follow the instructions carefully because am sure he would have been refused for using a wrong form, if he had  used the new form.Thanks.
Congrat to your friend.
Your friend got the visa cos he met the requirements not cos he did not use April form. I asked your friend to use April cos u said he was given CAS before April, i did not advice your friend to write English language test for Msc course.

Since you knew the requirements, why then did u come here to ask for advice?

You came back now to tell pple that i gave you wrong advice?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by damola1: 7:41pm On Jul 22, 2011
My people, I thank Una oh, VERY VERY MUCH, I got the Visa, special thanks to omo tier1, anfanio, God bless u guys plenty much,

Meanwhile, I ticked 2 years, for my application, but only got 6 months, someone told me it's because I paid: about 22k which is meant for 6 months, is this true?

What can I do, to get the 2years now?,

Pls advise. thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vgbg88: 8:11pm On Jul 22, 2011
hi guys no one is trying to help me and i feel realy bad bout it, i thot people who know better will atleast suggest someting, you all have left my heart broken since morning, it has simply thought me a lesson not to rely on any one or anything,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 8:51pm On Jul 22, 2011
vgbg88:

hi guys no one is trying to help me and i feel realy bad bout it, i thot people who know better will atleast suggest someting, you all have left my heart broken since morning, it has simply thought me a lesson not to rely on any one or anything,

Don't take it that way, i saw somebody answering ur questions b4 and i thought u got the answered to ur question then.

Let me read ur post again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 9:10pm On Jul 22, 2011
vgbg88:

Are u still a student in Nigeria now? If yes then u need to get a letter from ur school, that letter will contain ur course details, ur progress report (could be ur last semester transcript). If you are using ur daddy's bank account then get a letter from him to proof that you are allowed to use that money and that the money will be available to u in the UK, include ur birth certificate.

The most important thing here is to show tie to Nigeria,( proving to them that u be coming back to Nigeria if given a visa)

You need to get documents from ur cousin in the UK as well if he is inviting u. IV, data page of her passport, tenancy agreement, payslip or bank statement, utility bills/mortgage. . etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by iiiyyyk(m): 9:24pm On Jul 22, 2011
just wise and others please help-

i intend to apply for UK visit visa by November, my elder sister will be sending an invitation letter for me to attain her graduation ceremony by early December.
I finished NYSC june this year, i started working in a private hospital this july (a Doctor) .
The hospital intends to pay my salary directly into my account, an account i have been using since 2009. the hospital does not issue pay slip.
I will stay with my sister, she will be sending her tenancy agreement and a letter confirming i will stay in her apartment

NOW MY QUESTIONS

Pls i need general advice from every body, also any private clues will be appreciated through my email uwakweuwakwe@yahoo.co.uk

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 9:48pm On Jul 22, 2011
iiiyyyk:

just wise and others please help-

NOW MY QUESTIONS
Pls i need general advice from every body, also any private clues will be appreciated through my email  uwakweuwakwe@yahoo.co.uk
Yes they will accept IV from a graduating student, though it must be from her school, if your sister doesn't have a place for u then book
a hotel, your bank statement will be ok since your hospital doesn't give payslip, don't forget to get a letter from your hospital too. Every other documents u listed there are ok.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vgbg88: 6:12am On Jul 23, 2011
@justwise thanks i really want to know if my dad can make use of another acct stmt this time around, he used his current before, can i use his savings now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 6:56am On Jul 23, 2011
vgbg88:

@justwise thanks i really want to know if my dad can make use of another acct stmt this time around, he used his current before, can i use his savings now
You can use his savings account as long u get a letter from him and other documents i listed b4. Remember that as a student, getting a visa is harder than somebody who has a job, so u have to convince the ECO beyond every reasonable doubt.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vgbg88: 7:16am On Jul 23, 2011
@just wise thanks a lot. Hmm am a postgraduate student and to be honest and wud be gainfully employed when am done by my dad and apart from my savings all i have is shares. What can i say to convince them and can some one stand as a guarantor that i'll come back--mayb like my cousin that is sending me invitation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 8:02am On Jul 23, 2011
vgbg88:

@just wise thanks a lot. Hmm am a postgraduate student and to be honest and wud be gainfully employed when am done by my dad and apart from my savings all i have is shares. What can i say to convince them and can some one stand as a guarantor that i'll come back--mayb like my cousin that is sending me invitation

Its only about what u can say, its about showing hard evidences that u are just visiting and not intend to stay back in the UK.
Look at all the reasons the ECO gave for refusing u visa in those 3 occasions and meet those requirements. E.g. ur daddy's source of income. . .address those points raised by the ECO, that is the best way to do it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by worry246(m): 8:59am On Jul 23, 2011
Also try not to be desperate at your interview!.
They are trained to look at people.
If you are desperate or worried they may think you are not telling the truth.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vgbg88: 9:05am On Jul 23, 2011
@justwise thankYou very much, they'll be fully addressed. my dad has a company and we will include the company papers and sorry pls does he have to use the company's letterhead cos we didn't use that before and its a private company.

@worry 246 its a paper decision, no interview involved
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 9:12am On Jul 23, 2011
vgbg88:

@justwise thankYou very much, they'll be fully addressed. my dad has a company and[b] we will include the company papers and sorry pls does he have to use the company's letterhead[/b] cos we didn't use that before and its a private company.

@worry 246 its a paper decision, no interview involved

Yes using the company's letterhead is good.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by mass3002(m): 10:59am On Jul 23, 2011
Last week I got my Tier 1 dependent visa. My mother came back from UK on her holidays, I am her dependent. So i would like to go to UK to start my studies next month, but my mother goes back after 2 months(in September). Can I travel UK one month before she arrives there?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 11:14am On Jul 23, 2011
mass3002:

Last week I got my Tier 1 dependent visa. My mother came back from UK on her holidays, I am her dependent. So i would like to go to UK to start my studies next month, but my mother goes back after 2 months(in September). Can I travel UK one month before she arrives there?

As long as u are an adult then yes u can travel ahead of ur mum.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vgbg88: 11:40am On Jul 23, 2011
@just wise thanks for ur replies, just to get you clearer, i shud address all the issues they complained about. using another account statement doesnt matter right? "the previous account stmt, the introduction letter from sch and the consent letter where held back, it doesnt matter right , i just have to represent another , pls am i correct?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by dappyboy: 12:15pm On Jul 23, 2011
Please guys i need your suggestions, i work with a company at ibadan and i intend going on a vacation in the UK for 2weeks i want to apply for a tourist visa and my Company wants to sponsor my trip!!! i have all my supporting documents ready but i have a virgin passport cuz i have never traveled out of Nigeria, what are my chances of getting the visa? please i need your urgent reply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 2:12pm On Jul 23, 2011
dappyboy:

Please guys i need your suggestions, i work with a company at ibadan and i intend going on a vacation in the UK for 2weeks i want to apply for a tourist visa and my Company wants to sponsor my trip!!! i have all my supporting documents ready but i have a virgin passport cuz i have never traveled out of Nigeria, what are my chances of getting the visa? please i need your urgent reply.

Holding a virgin passport is not really the issue, the issue is meeting all the requirements. Every frequent traveler started with virgin passport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by dappyboy: 3:04pm On Jul 23, 2011
Thanks JUSTWISE my fear about the virgin passport thing was because i was denied a Canadian Tourist Visa recently due to Travel History alone nothing else!! but i will file my application on Monday,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 5:18pm On Jul 23, 2011
vgbg88:

@just wise thanks for your replies, just to get you clearer, i shud address all the issues they complained about. using another account statement doesnt matter right? "the previous account stmt, the introduction letter from sch and the consent letter where held back, it doesnt matter right , i just have to represent another , pls am i correct?

Using another bank account shouldn't be a problem as long as its original with letter of consent from ur daddy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.