Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,810 members, 7,942,040 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 06:38 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (308357 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by jt2010: 10:02am On Jul 09, 2011
Omo_Tier1,

Thanks bro, I really appreciate your time and advise. The agent want me to deposit 200 pounds before they can issue me a confirmation hotel reservations and other company documents to support my application. Will you advise i go ahead with it now.

Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Bostin(m): 3:58pm On Jul 09, 2011
Hi ppl, l had been granted an unconditional offer by one of the private uni in uk according to my agent. Now l want to know if when l get to the uk l can deffered the admission to the next term and work for that period to pay tuition? If possible,how can l do it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 4:08pm On Jul 09, 2011
Bostin:

Hi ppl, l had been granted an unconditional offer by one of the private uni in uk according to my agent. Now l want to know if when l get to the uk l can deffered the admission to the next term and work for that period to pay tuition? If possible,how can l do it?

Risky, very very risky, u will end up been deported.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by adexchamp(m): 11:23pm On Jul 09, 2011
Please i have a sister that want to get visa for her 2 kids and she doesn't know what documents to present at the embassy,kindly help out in anyway thanks!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shybee: 4:55pm On Jul 10, 2011
please can someone assist. i want to apply for a tourist visa to the uk. please can i know the documents to submit and also in the section where it was written if i have any family or friends in the uk, what is the appropriate response to it. please, for the tourist visa, is it just one during the 6months one can use the visa? lastly, can i use my account which has less than 400k in it in applying. or should i get a sponsor. i work in an upcoming company which doesnt pay money into any account as i am been paid cash. please your response is highly needed. thanks and God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shybee: 4:59pm On Jul 10, 2011
@jt2010
please which of the tour operators did u use. thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by jt2010: 5:12pm On Jul 10, 2011
Omo_Tier1,

Thanks bro, I really appreciate your time and advise. The agent want me to deposit 200 pounds before they can issue me a confirmation hotel reservations and other company documents to support my application. Will you advise i go ahead with it now.

Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoTier1(m): 2:48pm On Jul 11, 2011
jt2010:

Omo_Tier1,

Cheers
If you can confirm that thier name is on the UK Tour guide register and you have spoken to them over the phone, then I will say go ahead.

Let me also say the Tour package is abit fair although, try and see if you can knock a few quids of them! Something tells me you just might be lucky they will discount you some quids.

Nutshell, go for the £200 deposit after confirmation. Then ask them to send everything in post via DHL and not through e-mail! Remember, the embassy have 'allergies' to e-mailed copies of documents so make sure you are sent original package.

Once you done, give me a shout, got some words for you as per application itself.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by jt2010: 3:27pm On Jul 11, 2011
Omo_tier1,

Many thanks, I have gone ahead to re-confirm from them and also make the payment, I should receive the hotel and other confirmation plus the 200 pounds deposit doucments via dhl hopeful by Thursday (this Week). am hoping i can send in the application by Friday.

I look forward to the words concerning the application itself.

Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoTier1(m): 4:49pm On Jul 11, 2011
jt2010:

Omo_tier1,

Many thanks, I have gone ahead to re-confirm from them and also make the payment, I should receive the hotel and other confirmation plus the 200 pounds deposit doucments via dhl hopeful by Thursday (this Week). am hoping i can send in the application by Friday.

I look forward to the words concerning the application itself.

Cheers
Great, hopefully everthing comes in post on thursday this week.

Can I just advise that you shouldn't be in a hurry to submit your application on Friday. Why not take your time (probably the weekend) to peruse the documents they are forwarding to you and thereafter submit the application.

Yep, I will drop those words once you get the documents in post - nothing so special but I just feel it might help your application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 9:09pm On Jul 12, 2011
Dear all, this new Tier 4 rule from July 4 is confusing o. Pls what does this mean? If I am going for my Master's does it mean I can't go with my parner even if i am on a shcolarship?

"From 4 July 2011, only new students sponsored by a higher education institution on a course at NQF level 7 or above lasting 12 months or more, and new Government sponsored students following a course that is longer than six months, will be able to bring their partners and / or children to the UK with them".

?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by jt2010: 2:41pm On Jul 13, 2011
Omo_Tier1,

I just receive the package now from DHL, it contain the following:

1) Hotel Reservations (London & Edinburgh)
2) the full itinerary on the tour operator letterhead and duely signed.
3) Receipt of deposit and balance due date
4) terms and Condition

What do i need to do now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by lollypop2(f): 3:42pm On Jul 13, 2011
please i need an advice on what to do.

i have stayed in the uk for two years where i did my masters degree and after completion i applied for a post study visa{teir 1} and was given which would expire 2013 but i have changed my mind and don't intend to stay in he uk anymore and am now back in nigeria.i now have a two month old son here in nigeria and i now want to travel with him to the uk just for three weeks and i dont know what visa to get for him as i was told that if i apply for a visiting visa for him he could be denied because am on a different type of visa and they might think i want to stay with him in the uk although someone advised me to get a return ticket to show that we were coming back.the second option is to get him a dependent visa but i would have to fix money for three months and the amount i was told if using a nigerian account{although i don't know yet the amount expected to be fixed for three months in the naira account } is higher than if i was using a uk account but there would be no way to get the original statement if i use my uk account to fix the money and the other issue of concern on the dependent visa is that i also have to include my husband who had a two year visiting visa on his passport and does not need a dependent visa as me myself isn't staying in the uk anymore.please i need an advice on what to do as i want to travel in early September before intense winter starts and my son is too young to be left for three weeks in nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by jt2010: 4:18pm On Jul 13, 2011
Omo_Tier1,

4) terms and Condition

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoTier1(m): 9:34pm On Jul 13, 2011
jt2010:

Omo_Tier1,

4) terms and Condition

I guess the next step is

1. Get a letter of introduction from where you are working,(if you are working) stating that they are aware of your planned UK tour, with the departure dates and possible return dates.

2. Get an upto date statement of the same bank account you used in your first application. Please try as much as you can to avoid using a different bank account to prevent ECO thinking otherwise.

3. If you are salaried by payslip, prepare 6 months of past payslips. This isn't a must but it helps.

4. Landed property (original documents)

5. A letter to the Entry Clearance Officers. The letter should address the following
1. That you applied for a UK visit visas earlier this year but was refused.- state the reasons given for the refusal- and then go on to explain in the letter how you have addressed the concerns of the ECO.

2.That you have made arrangement for your UK tour with a tour guide and that you have paid £200 deposit and that you will be making the balance at arrival. Indicate to the ECO that you have included your personal bank account statement which shows that you can pay for the balance tour deposit, afford your ticket to and from the UK, and have spare for spending and emergency.

3.let the ECO know of the accommodation arrangement as included in the tour package and point the ECO to the hotel reservation documents. Also point to the itinenary included in the pack.

4. conclude by itemizing all the documents you attached to your application and what they are ment for. This will help prevent the ECO misrepresenting your documents and the intended purpose.

If you prefer, when you are through with the letter, PM me a copy and I can peruse it and give you feed back.

Let also say that 'm going this detail so that the ECO will have no doubt whatsoever of the sincerity of your intended travels. Personally, I think you have done alot for this trip and it is a shame the ECO who considered your first application had a bad day at office when He looked at your application.

Hope this helps and please verify EVERY DOCUMENTS yourself to make sure they are genuine and where possible, obtain stamped documents especially bank statements.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Fogman(m): 8:05am On Jul 15, 2011
Please is there anyone here who submitted his/her UK visitor application from 20th june, 2011 who has collected it? My friend submitted on 20th and ve not heard from them yet. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Obatity: 2:04pm On Jul 15, 2011
Fogman:

Please is there anyone here who submitted his/her UK visitor application from 20th june, 2011 who has collected it? My friend submitted on 20th and ve not heard from them yet. Thanks.

I submitted mine on the 23rd of June, I got sms on the 13th of July for collection.
Hope that helps.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Fogman(m): 4:33pm On Jul 15, 2011
Obatity:

I submitted mine on the 23rd of June, I got sms on the 13th of July for collection.
Hope that helps.

Thanks for this info. I m wonderring why this application is taking a longer time to be out. Please confirm if it was your first time to apply at British.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shybee: 9:29pm On Jul 15, 2011
@Omo_Tier1,

please do u know if its advisable to apply for a tourist visa with someone sponsoring me even though i work but my salary doesnt go to my account and i dont have much in my account.
please kindly respond. thanks

and pls.

i want to apply for a tourist visa to the uk. please can i know the documents to submit and also in the section where it was written if i have any family or friends in the uk, what is the appropriate response to it. please, for the tourist visa, is it just one during the 6months one can use the visa? lastly, can i use my account which has less than 400k in it in applying. or should i get a sponsor. i work in an upcoming company which doesnt pay money into any account as i am been paid cash. please your response is highly needed. thanks and God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by chelseabmw(m): 5:13pm On Jul 16, 2011
please how much do i need for a uk visiting visa and what are the requirements? Am still a student. How much should be in my account? Do i need a sponsor? How much must he or she have?

Thanks Guys
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by chelseabmw(m): 11:24pm On Jul 16, 2011
any help?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by azpunpin: 1:42am On Jul 17, 2011
@jt2010

Please can you send me the name of the travel tour you used in booking your tour? I need to get one done. Email: vixanhat@gmail.com

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by sadar456(m): 7:42am On Jul 17, 2011
@ chelseabmw,
I think the best is to contact your UK  embassy . Then they will tell you what to do. Then you need to provide all the document listed. Sometimes visiting visa requirements differ due to situations.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoTier1(m): 6:08pm On Jul 17, 2011
shybee:

@Omo_Tier1,

please do u know if its advisable to apply for a tourist visa with someone sponsoring me even though i work but my salary doesnt go to my account and i dont have much in my account.
please kindly respond. thanks

and pls.

i want to apply for a tourist visa to the uk. please can i know the documents to submit and also in the section where it was written if i have any family or friends in the uk, what is the appropriate response to it. please, for the tourist visa, is it just one during the 6months one can use the visa? lastly, can i use my account which has less than 400k in it in applying. or should i get a sponsor. i work in an upcoming company which doesnt pay money into any account as i am been paid cash. please your response is highly needed. thanks and God bless
Sorry it appears my last reply posted yesterday did not reflect here.

As for your question, sponsoring will definately help. The concern I have is your bank account not reflecting payment of your salary as the ECO will want a proof that the salary you claim you are earning is true.
Can I ask if payslips are provided by the company?
Also if your sponsor has a good account, then get your sponsor to provide you his/her most recent bank account statements with a supporting letter of declaration that he/she will be responsible for your upkeep throughout your visit. Your own bank account statement is okay going by the amount you stated and you can also use it as a supporting statement of proof of your ability to meet up with extras expenses during your visit should the need arise.

As for the documents you require;
1. A letter of invitation, stating clearly that you will be accommodated in the address indicated in the invitation letter.

2. Six months payslip

3. Bank account statements for 6months

4. Documents of Landed properties

5. Letter of introduction from work place; stating period of leave granted, your employment history -promotion- and the expected return date from your visit to the UK

As for the question about friends/family in the UK, say the obvious yes if you do.This will in no way affect your application negatively and it saves you from embarrassment in future applications.
The six months multiple is applicable, but what people tend to do is visit once with six months,spend reasonable time say 3weeks, comeback and apply for two years with multiple.

Again, as for sponsor, use one if you have but be sure the person knows you and can answer questions about your person as the ECO might phone him/her up to chat about you and your planned visit.Make sure that person has a legitimate stay documents, good contact/residential address in the UK.And the person is willing to provide you utility bills in thier name and resident address. If the person is working, a letter of introduction from her/his employer is helpful but not a must.

Finally, make sure all documents are vetted by you to be originals and no fakes! British high commission abhores fake documents and you will be slammed with long term ban!

Any further questions and I will gladly respond.
hope this isn't late and helpful.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shybee: 9:09pm On Jul 17, 2011
@Omo_Tier1
thank u very much for your response.
the person i intend using as my sponsor stays here in Nigeria. Apart from the introductory letter and the account statement, is there any other documents im to attach frm my sponsor?
yes, the company gives payslips.
also, please how do i go about getting a tour operator.
thanks in anticipation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Obatity: 3:26pm On Jul 18, 2011
Hello House,

I really want to say a big well done to every one for the good job done especially inrespect to adequate information as per U.K visas.

Pls. i would like to know if a pregnant woman say like 7months gone with valid U.K visit visa can be grated entry into the U.K (just for 2weeks) with no intentions of delivering there; only for holiday/shopping purpose. Intentions genuine.

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 3:35pm On Jul 18, 2011
Obatity:

Hello House,
I really want to say a big well done to every one for the good job done especially inrespect to adequate information as per U.K visas.

Pls. i would like to know if a pregnant woman say like 7months gone with valid U.K visit visa can be grated entry into the U.K (just for 2weeks) with no intentions of delivering there; only for holiday/shopping purpose. Intentions genuine.
Thanks.

It will be almost impossible, the recent issue of a Nigerian woman who came to the UK with visiting visa and end up delivery 5kids did not help matters. I don't think the airlines will allow you, even as u don't intend to have ur baby in the UK, it will be hard to convince them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by jt2010: 12:10pm On Jul 19, 2011
Omo_tier1,

Many thanks for your time and contribution on my case and others,

I have drafted the letter and will like to PM you a copy for correction. My e-mail address is: cadcamuser1@gmail.com

Kindly drop me a line to enable me PM because u may not want to drop your e-mail on public forum. I intend to submit it by Friday if all goes well.

Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by jt2010: 12:15pm On Jul 19, 2011
@ azpunpin,

check your mail.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Obatity: 2:57pm On Jul 19, 2011
@justwise

justwise:

It will be almost impossible, the recent issue of a Nigerian woman who came to the UK with visiting visa and end up delivery 5kids did not help matters. I don't think the airlines will allow you, even as u don't intend to have your baby in the UK, it will be hard to convince them.

Pls. how do i go about obtaining uk visa for my new baby too cos i would  want to travel with my baby after delivery so has to make use of my visa before it expires.

Thanks.  N.B I have a 2yrs old daughter with valid Uk visa as well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.