Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,856 members, 7,938,500 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 07:46 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (308309 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by darkroll(m): 3:32am On Mar 08, 2009
~Saruman~:

Hello all.  grin
I am new here and readin' thru this tread, whao! its 49 pages of mother lode on UK visa issues. Y'all doin' a great job here.
To also seek your advice on UK visa issue, my partner is self-employed as a consultant in education management and handles a lot of twinnin' on the global scale.
Around this period in the previous year (2008), he applied for a business visitor visa to attend a fully sponsored ( I mean accommodation, feeding and transport will be handled by the host in the UK & all he needs to do is get a return ticket) school evaluation trip in the Birmingham region organized by the HELSA group of schools and the ECO refused the entry clearance by statin' that the amount he claimed as earnings ($4800) was higher than what his account balance ($2800+) was at that time (he claimed the ECO perjured his application entry cuz he wrote $1800 and not $4800). The ECO also said that since he was been sponsored, why is he providin' source of funds (I am clearly unclear about what that means though).

1. Let me use an example to explain to you what the ECO meant by that statement ; U asked MARY to marry you  but whereas you told MARY that there is a  girl  you still  shag constantly  (i.e Mary is love , but u still enjoy outside shag ). A right girl with correct brain will definitely say NO.

You have already backed up your application with a sponsorship letter from the host company, all you need to focus is showing ties of you to your home country and what you stand to gain and learn from attending the conference, the Eco at times can be funny ; ECO might think you are proofing source of funds to proof that after the sponsored business visiting u attending   you still got cash to remain in the UK and not come back home at the date u specified .

He applied again later in the year to attend two (2) other related conferences in the UK and the visas were refused by the ECOs that they are not sure why he is representin' his own company.

2. Am not sure how you partner packaged his/her application but whatever ways, did he clearly made known to the ECO what benefits will be  derived from attending the conference to his company and himself. (It is not just filling the application form but adding some extra details and well covered letter helps a lot)

This year again, he was invited by the same group of schools that invited him in the previous year and the ECO repeated the same thin', why is he representing his company.

3. He was refused again because the ECO cannot understand what he stands to gain from attending the conference and why he is the one choosing from the company to go. Suggested Solution: He needs to proof beyond doubt his calibre of person, his  achievement to the company and what benefit he stands to gain from the conference for  the company and him self.

Advised to re-apply and state that he owns the company as a sole proprietor, he did just that and again the visa was refused and this time the reason was that he did not include the sponsor financial details (the invitation letter was well composed and the umbrella organization for the group of schools works with and are certified by VisitBritain and the British Council and when he confirmed from them, they told him the BDHC did not contact them to verify).

Quoting funkybabe  "thats a total of four business visitor visit refusals in about one year " Why reapplying when u not correcting the issue u are asked to correct.

My Qs -
Which one of the sponsor's is supposed to send financial documents as proof? The universities or the umbrella organization? and they told him they cannot do that cuz they are already known and well regarded by the UK govt.

Quoting funkybabe again, "in your case, i think its best you upload a copy of the refusal notice and edit all personal information in it
lets read what the ECO stated word for word as the reasons for the most recent refusal"

Just to add to it , Did he invitation letter sent to you by your host clearly state what level of sponsorship  they will be offering you ? or it is just  we are inviting mr so so so to attend the conference and accommodation and feeding will be taken care of ,  bla, bla, bla.

NB: Am not an expert with UK immigration stuff , just my 1 cent opinion but i stand to be corrected in whatever i stated above .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by darkroll(m): 2:21pm On Mar 08, 2009
@ Phuket , the below link my help

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/chapter13/#point%20one
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Akolawole(m): 2:55am On Mar 09, 2009
@Darkrule

Even though cultural practices is not in UK rules but these guys somehow applied it.

Examine the following;

1) A Naija lady married a fellow Naija boy who hold British pali. The initial application was succesful but wahala happened in the application for ILR. The couple were called for interview. Both were asked if there is any problem with child bearing. ECO concluded that " In Nigeria, once you get married, na pikin follows. Why are they not doing that. The application was refused.

In oyinbo's context, child bearing is not the main thing but in our society we count days from marriage date.

@Pataki

Is the guy a gay?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by darkroll(m): 3:52am On Mar 09, 2009

@Darkrule

Correction  Darkroll

1) A Naija lady married a fellow Naija boy who hold British pali. The initial application was succesful but wahala happened in the application for ILR. The couple were called for interview. Both were asked if there is any problem with child bearing.
ECO concluded that " In Nigeria, once you get married, na pikin follows. Why are they not doing that. The application was refused.

lol,  The ECO as watched to many Nollywood movies . The response the applicant gave determines alot here , At times ECOs try to play smart and play with applicants brain but good response from the applicant put them right back to their seat. I Agree it is a cultural thing in Nigeria that after marriage child is the next thing to follow and am sure you and i also agree that as people get more educated and expose they tend to drop some cultural backgrounds.

I believe being gay is not a cultural thing and am sure that the ECO will also know that there are lot of gay people living in countries where "gayism " is not allowed , If Phuket is smart and intelligent ( it seems to me he is) he will know the right answer to give to the ECO and use in his appeal if he is rejected on cultural factors
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Akolawole(m): 1:03pm On Mar 09, 2009
@darkroll

Sorry for the spelling mistake jare.

Is the guy really a gay?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by phuket: 1:29pm On Mar 09, 2009
@ Akolawole i answered the question earlier when Pataki asked

Am Bisexual but am more into guys .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 1:47pm On Mar 09, 2009
P****i:

@ phuket,

Please I hope you do not mind my asking, [size=15pt]are you gay?[/size] . . . .

Akolawole:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
@P****i

[size=15pt]Is the guy a gay?[/size]

Akolawole:

@d******l

Sorry for the spelling mistake jare.

[size=15pt]Is the guy really a gay?[/size]
   LOL! I was just going to beg for somebody out there to answer these questions before curiosity turns into something else. grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by phuket: 1:54pm On Mar 09, 2009
Vicjustice:

LOL! I was just going to beg for somebody out there to answer these questions before curiosity turns into something else. grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Vic i did answered the question earlier when Akolawole asked , why dont you guys pay more attention to the issue at hand instead of being curious if am gay or not .

Will answer the question once again; Am BISEXUAL but am more into guys .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 2:20pm On Mar 09, 2009
Yeah, it's a free world, i have nothing personal against gay people as long as they don't bother me. But you must bear in mind that Nigerians are not used to such.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by phuket: 2:33pm On Mar 09, 2009
Dont let us drag these am gay issue . Lets move on with the topic .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Akolawole(m): 4:36pm On Mar 09, 2009
@Vicjustice and others

Personally, i have problem with gays.

My bible teaches me in psalm 1:1-3(new king james version)
Blessed is the man
Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,
Nor stands in the path of sinners,
Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;

On that note, i hands-off on this matter. Initially, i thought he was gay to "go through".

Bye.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by VOR(m): 4:59pm On Mar 09, 2009
Akolawole:

@Vicjustice and others

Personally, i have problem with gays.

My bible teaches me in psalm 1:1-3(new king james version)
Blessed is the man
Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,
Nor stands in the path of sinners,
Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;

On that note, i hands-off on this matter. Initially, i thought he was gay to "go through".

Bye.

Ako,

I thought you were much more enlightened than what you have just shown.
Are you honestly saying that you no longer wish to give the guy advice because he is gay? shocked shocked

And also because in your view he is ungodly.

Surely as a Christian you have been taught not to judge and also are you
not taught that let him who is without sin cast the first stone, or words to that effect.

I also wish to confess that I too am ungodly, since I am agnostic.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by bigbumper(f): 5:16pm On Mar 09, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked I forgot what I wanted to post lipsrsealed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by phuket: 5:22pm On Mar 09, 2009
Akolawole i  was not expecting you to typed out what you just did , am not going to drag these issue  cause i respect everybody's opinion and believes .

But thanks for the advice  you have given .

Guys we decided to go to Denmark for the registration of the partnership since my Schengen is still valid instead of going through all the stress at BHC , Nigeria .

@ Akolawole so if i was lying  to BHC to be gay just to get visa you would have given further advice , so  you support lies then . The last time i check lying is a sin .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Akolawole(m): 6:03pm On Mar 09, 2009
VOR:

I thought you were much more enlightened than what you have just shown.
Are you honestly saying that you no longer wish to give the guy advice because he is gay? shocked shocked

And also because in your view he is ungodly.

Surely as a Christian you have been taught not to judge and also are you
not taught that let him who is without sin cast the first stone, or words to that effect.

I also wish to confess that I too am ungodly, since I am agnostic.

If you are agnostic, i will stone you to death grin

Enlightment is irrelevant when it comes to God.

I am a first class sinner but i never called the guy a sinner but gays are ungodly(according to the bible).

I can unknowlingly shag ashewo but will not shag her if i know she's into commercial sex.

On a serious note, i like the guy but i cant stand the "act".

please respect my opinion on this.

@Phuket

i am not holy sir, i am a first class sinner.

Jesus loves everyone but i cannot stand gay/lesbian and all sorts. I am sorry to dissapoint you.

I don think you can apply anywhere, you can only do so in your country of residence.

Are you visiting Denmark or you reside there legally?

@VOR, Pataki, Bumper, Vicky

Please go ahead to advice the guy genuinely.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Pataki: 6:49pm On Mar 09, 2009
@ Akolawole,

I am disappointed if you hold unto this view of yours. Where then, is the gospel of salvation. ''I hate the sin, but it does not imply I cannot help the sinner in whatever capacity I can within all form of honesty.'' An example to such, was when Jesus Christ attended to the woman with the issue of different husbands. Did Jesus say because you are an adulterer, I cannot and will not attend to your case? Even Noah lived and conversed with homosexuals in his times.

You have totally taken that Psalms out of context. Well, it is the way you view things though. undecided It is different from mine.

@ VOR,

So you are agnostic? shocked WOW! What more can I say? grin

@ phuket,

Are you a resident permit holder in Denmark?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by bigbumper(f): 7:34pm On Mar 09, 2009
Once again I join hands with phuket and say;

phuket:

[size=20pt]Dont let us drag these am gay issue . Lets move on with the topic .[/size]

Chei, the only thing paining me outta all this is that I thought Phuket would be moving back to Seychelles once his stint in Singapore was over, I didn't expect him to fall in love and move to the UK cry I was planning to go on hols to the Seychelles and would not have minded his company and guidance cry cry cry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ty4real(m): 11:03pm On Mar 09, 2009
big_bumper:

Once again I join hands with phuket and say;

Chei, the only thing paining me outta all this is that I thought Phuket would be moving back to Seychelles once his stint in Singapore was over, I didn't expect him to fall in love and move to the UK cry I was planning to go on hols to the Seychelles and would not have minded his company and guidance cry cry cry

Big bumper aka Big Mouth! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ty4real(m): 11:11pm On Mar 09, 2009
big_bumper:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked I forgot what I wanted to post lipsrsealed

Big Bumper!I hope this your bumper thingy no go kill person for here ohhhh!lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Akolawole(m): 1:42am On Mar 10, 2009
@Oloye Pataki

It would be better for you to complete Jesus story with the Adulterer. Jesus EVENTUALLY declared in John 8:11b "go now and leave your life of sin". At first count, he did not condemn her but ask her to live a new life from that minute.

Bible completely condemn Homesexuality. Please read Gen 19:5-8, Leviticus 20:13.

Lev 18:22 say thus " Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman, that is detestable"

Maybe proponent would say that is Old testament.

In the new order, I choritians 6:9 says " Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders

" Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27) In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

I don dey turn this thread to religious grin

### We all knew Seun Osewa's view about God but i dont have problem with him but Phuket's one is completely different. The main issue of him coming to Funke's thread is about Gaining entry to UK via Homosexuality. I dont have problem with him but we cannot dissociate our advice from his sexuality. No matter what, our advice will always revolve round the subject AND I HAVE PROBLEM WITH THE ACT.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Pataki: 2:02am On Mar 10, 2009
@ Oga Akolawole,
Hmmmmmmm!

Let us not digress this thread any further. Trust me for this matter, I fit preach sermon on top am well well. grin If I roll out my CV for bible study dissection, you go fear oh! cool

Meet me in the religion section. wink

By the way, was LondonCool banned?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by phuket: 3:15am On Mar 10, 2009

Chei, the only thing paining me outta all this is that I thought Phuket would be moving back to Seychelles once his stint in Singapore was over, I didn't expect him to fall in love and move to the UK  I was planning to go on hols to the Seychelles and would not have minded his company and guidance   
@ big_bumper ; U one funny thing  cheesy .  Have never based in the Seychelles  but  i go there often and know a lot about the place and other indian ocean islands since my former job in Mauritius was  involve with sales and marketing of upcoming 5 , 6, 7 star hotels on indian ocean . If u still have plans to visit the seychelles and you want to hang out let me know i can fly to indian ocean anytime , I swear there is nothing to worry about am not a camp that drags himself in 3inches high-heel  Shoe  am a regular bloke that does Ben sherman and Tom english  with no trace  of gay attribute .

@ Akolawole ; I respect your opinions and believes and like i said before am not going to drag these issue with anyone cause these thread is not meant for that. Kindly ignore my post and attend to other peoples post (no hard feelings ) , so that replying to my post or even reading them wont make u commit sin .

I fit preach sermon on top am well well.  If I roll out my CV for bible study dissection, you go fear oh!
Bros abeg  save that energy of  preaching sermon and let everyone hold on to their opinion and believes , no matter how much you quote and preach sermon to some people , still wont stop them from passing judgement to some people. ( I know there is somewhere in the Bible that God says " Let me be the judge "wink

Are you a resident permit holder in Denmark?

Am not a resident in Denmark and i know i cant apply for a UK visa there  but we can register the civil partnership in Denmark on a visit visa unlike UK where you need  to have a civil partnership entry visa  first before u are allowed to register . After the the registration in Copenhagen  we will post a copy of the certificate to nearest british consulate  and it will be sent to GRO to be registered in the CPB ,after it has been registered by GRO they will notify us then i can apply for settlement visa.

@ darkroll are you the African guy ( not sure if u Nigerian) that works for Universal resort Seychelles ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by brownbonno(m): 3:58am On Mar 10, 2009
phuket:

Am not a resident in Denmark and i know i cant apply for a UK visa there but we can register the civil partnership in Denmark on a visit visa unlike UK where you need to have a civil partnership entry visa first before u are allowed to register . After the the registration in Copenhagen we will post a copy of the certificate to nearest british consulate and it will be sent to GRO to be registered in the CPB ,after it has been registered by GRO they will notify us then i can apply for settlement visa.

You can reside in Denmark for 6 months with your partner either as a worker or self sufficient and then apply for the EEA family permit to the UK with the EU free movement dimension(Surinder Singh
ruling).That will be an easy one to get to the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by darkroll(m): 4:13am On Mar 10, 2009

@ darkroll are you the African guy ( not sure if u Nigerian) that works for , ?

Phuket u should have sent me an email and ask that question , anyways modify your post and remove that company name . BTW send me an email i need to ask about buying condos in thailand ,may the prices will be cheaper now due to the economy crises.

Anyways  i know whom you are with the mention of Ben Sherman in your post.

Oga Akolawole  then u will send me bomb letter then oooo if i tell u what i do on bed ,  grin . let everyone stick to their beliefs and opinions and lets move on.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by sarj(f): 7:42pm On Mar 10, 2009
YOU ALL SHOULD GROW UP!!! WE ARE NOT HERE TO JUDGE BUT TO HELP EACH OTHER ON THE TOPIC ABOUT VISA ISSUES. SO PLEASE PULL UR SOCKS UP AND TUNE IN.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by darkroll(m): 7:45pm On Mar 10, 2009
brownbonno:

You can reside in Denmark for 6 months with your partner either as a worker or self sufficient and then apply for the EEA family permit to the UK with the EU free movement dimension(Surinder Singh
ruling).That will be an easy one to get to the UK.

The Surinder Singh case only applies if his Partner live and work in Denmark and he reside there with him for at least six months , But since he is on a Schengen visit visa and his partner works in Singapore not sure how it is possible to apply under the Surrinder Singh ruling after they sign a civil partnership in Denmark cause am not sure if signing a civil partnership/marriage in Denmark grants him to change his visit visa to resident permit (??, lots of question-marks , meaning i stand to be corrected ).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by brownbonno(m): 8:15pm On Mar 10, 2009
darkroll:

The Surinder Singh case only applies if his Partner live and work in Denmark and he reside there with him for at least six months , But since he is on a Schengen visit visa and his partner works in Singapore not sure how it is possible to apply under the Surrinder Singh ruling after they sign a civil partnership in Denmark cause am not sure if signing a civil partnership/marriage in Denmark grants him to change his visit visa to resident permit (??, lots of question-marks , meaning i stand to be corrected ).

Dude,i said "your partner either as a worker or self sufficient " for the ruling to be activated.Get your facts before pulling your strings.Moreover,he can switch his Visa status anywhere within Schengen states as soon he signed the CP.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by darkroll(m): 8:28pm On Mar 10, 2009
Brownbono am not pulling any strings oooo i be jjc for the whole UK immigration stuff. Infact , i never knew about the the Surinder Singh ruling untill i saw it on your post and i googled and you are absolutely right about what  you stated. The point am trying to make and understand is that if he enters into a civil partnership in denmark with a visit visa  with a british national does that grant him to apply at the danish home office for extended stay or resident permit if the british national decides to stay in Denmark as self sufficient for 6month?

Moreover,he can switch his Visa status anywhere within Schengen states as soon he signed the CP.

Thanks for stating that last sentence , these is what i really wanted to know .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by brownbonno(m): 9:29pm On Mar 10, 2009
darkroll:

Brownbono am not pulling any strings oooo i be jjc for the whole UK immigration stuff. Infact , i never knew about the the Surinder Singh ruling untill i saw it on your post and i googled and you are absolutely right about what  you stated. The point am trying to make and understand is that if he enters into a civil partnership in denmark with a visit visa  with a british national does that grant him to apply at the danish home office for extended stay or resident permit if the british national decides to stay in Denmark as self sufficient for 6month?

Thanks for stating that last sentence , these is what i really wanted to know .

Bear in mind,he can change his status anywhere in Schengen states and not just Denmark as soon as the CP is signed.

No hard feelings brother.One love.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Akolawole(m): 10:57pm On Mar 10, 2009
sarj:

YOU ALL SHOULD GROW UP!!! WE ARE NOT HERE TO JUDGE BUT TO HELP EACH OTHER ON THE TOPIC ABOUT VISA ISSUES. SO PLEASE PULL UR SOCKS UP AND TUNE IN.

Who is "all"? and who is "we"?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by rachiwise(f): 2:12pm On Mar 11, 2009
NA WA OOOO!!!!

GAY TOPIC 4 UK VISA??

OGA GAN NI O!!!!

MR AKOLAWOLE I KNOW U TO BE A UK VISA GURU AND NOT A SEX EXPERT!!!

PLS MOVE THE TOPIC TO SEXUALITY ON THE ROMANCE SECTION.SPARE US ABEG!!!

WHERE IS AUNTY FUNKYBABY
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by darkroll(m): 3:16pm On Mar 11, 2009
rachiwise:

NA WA OOOO!!!!

GAY TOPIC 4 UK VISA??

OGA GAN NI O!!!!

MR AKOLAWOLE I KNOW U TO BE A UK VISA GURU AND NOT A SEX EXPERT!!!

PLS MOVE THE TOPIC TO SEXUALITY ON THE ROMANCE SECTION.SPARE US ABEG!!!

WHERE IS AUNTY FUNKYBABY

U sabi read so ? am sure u did not read the post that brought the word "GAY" up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.