Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,831 members, 7,915,371 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 10:03 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (307845 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by guzy: 7:18pm On Mar 14, 2010
@ Justwise, the school is South Chelsea College. Do you advice i ask waec to provide me with a confirmation of result or I should just let things alone as they are? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 10:40pm On Mar 14, 2010
guzy:

@ Justwise, the school is South Chelsea College. Do you advice i ask waec to provide me with a confirmation of result or I should just let things alone as they are? Thanks

If you can do that then fine, you still have time, i'm guessing your course starts sept, but if you can't then submit what you have.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by saintbajar(m): 10:31am On Mar 15, 2010
@justwise, plz i need you help on this,i want to visit the uk so i dont know if am to apply for a UK tourist visa of what?? and what are the and all the necessary document and other thing that i require too apply with. please i need your help on how to go about this. Thanks,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 12:16pm On Mar 15, 2010
What you need is visiting visa, this website explains it for you http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visitingtheuk/visitors/
If you have a question after going through the website u can ask.

Good luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by guzy: 8:20am On Mar 16, 2010
@ justwise. Thank you so much for your replies. very insightful. Still on my WAEC certificate, i read in one of the posts in N-land that you can get a confirmation of WAEC result handed to you by hand (with security seal) if you use the agents that hang arround WAEC office in Lagos. What's your take on this?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 8:25am On Mar 16, 2010
guzy:

@ justwise. Thank you so much for your replies. very insightful. Still on my WAEC certificate, i read in one of the posts in N-land that you can get a confirmation of WAEC result handed to you by hand (with security seal) if you use the agents that hang arround WAEC office in Lagos. What's your take on this?

I don't like the idea of those dubious agents hanging around offices, go in person and get it urself, i know the system is corrupt but do ur best and get the confirmation. If i were you i will stay away from any agent when it comes to documents. Do you best, you can do things yourself and gain the experience, agents are after your money, they don't care of u are refused a visa or deported.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Maverick05: 1:31am On Mar 17, 2010
ATTN Guys, I just need a quick response, im applying for a UK visa and its my first time. Tourist,
I have my hotel reservation,
invitation letter,
payslip from employer,
letter of introduction,
i dont pay tax cos im on a service type contract,
passport been to ghana only
I have a BS of about 490k, do i stand a chance with such a weak Bank account balance.
im single and male, Just shed abit of light here, I will totally appreciate it,

Regards, Email can be forwarded to maclinebeth@yahoo.com
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by huet: 7:40pm On Mar 17, 2010
All,
I wish to enquiry about UK visa study permit. I want to enrol for a-5day training
at aberdeen.I would love to know if I should apply foe study permit or temporary
stay.Then,which documents do I need to submit and the kind of statement account---
can I use my salary account or savings account?Like whatz the minimum balance I could
present in the account?

Thanks alot.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 7:59pm On Mar 17, 2010
huet:

All,
I wish to enquiry about UK visa study permit. I want to enrol for a-5day training
at aberdeen.I would love to know if I should apply foe study permit or temporary
stay.Then,which documents do I need to submit and the kind of statement account---
can I use my salary account or savings account?Like whatz the minimum balance I could
present in the account?
Thanks alot.
Are you in full time employment in Nigeria and your company is sending you to the UK for the course? Or you are paying for your trip?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 7:42am On Mar 18, 2010
justwise,can you do me a mail?pearlypriest@yahoo.com
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 8:01am On Mar 18, 2010
cconcept:

justwise,can you do me a mail?pearlypriest@yahoo.com

How far with ur admission? Let me know how far u have gone.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by cconcept: 8:34am On Mar 18, 2010
justwise,am cool.send me a mail so we can discus.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 8:54am On Mar 18, 2010
cconcept:

justwise,am cool.send me a mail so we can discus.

My email adress is in my profile, u can email me if its something u can't write here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by worry246(m): 11:49am On Mar 18, 2010
Why will people not look with their eyes!!!!

LOOK South Chelsea College
E-Mail address                     registrar@southchelseacollege.co.uk  LOOK
.co.uk  No No No No
real school will have .ac.uk
They say approved
LOOK at list http://www.globalvisas.com/uk_immigration/tier_4_register_of_sponsors.html#s
Funny not on governments own list.
Up to you, pay money if you want but you never get VISA or get stopped at Heathrow,
Up to you to LOOK first.
Do this for any college.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 12:22pm On Mar 18, 2010
worry246:

Why will people not look with their eyes!!!!

LOOK South Chelsea College
E-Mail address registrar@southchelseacollege.co.uk LOOK
.co.uk No No No No
real school will have .ac.ukThey say approved
LOOK at list http://www.globalvisas.com/uk_immigration/tier_4_register_of_sponsors.html#s
Funny not on governments own list.Up to you, pay money if you want but you never get VISA or get stopped at Heathrow,
Up to you to LOOK first.
Do this for any college.
South Chelsea College is registered with HomeOffice, look at the official website here. http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/employersandsponsors/pointsbasedsystem/registerofsponsorseducation
I don' know where you got your link from
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by huet: 1:10pm On Mar 18, 2010
@justwise
Thanx for your reply.

I am fully employed in Nigeria (I am a Nigerian) and my company is not sending me for the training in the UK.I'll be paying for all expenses.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 1:30pm On Mar 18, 2010
huet:

@justwise
Thanx for your reply.

I am fully employed in Nigeria (I am a Nigerian) and my company is not sending me for the training in the UK.I'll be paying for all expenses.

Ok, i'm just worried cos the BHC may question your intentions, going for 5days training paid by you while employed by a company may raise an alarm. If your company is picking the cost then one can understand OR if you are self-employed.

They may also want to know how much you are earning in a month/yr to be able to afford to go for 5days training in the UK, flight, cost of the training, accommodation, feeding etc.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by huet: 3:03pm On Mar 18, 2010
@Justwise
Ok, i'm just worried cos the BHC may question your intentions, going for 5days training paid by you while employed by a company may raise an alarm. If your company is picking the cost then one can understand OR if you are self-employed.

They may also want to know how much you are earning in a month/yr to be able to afford to go for 5days training in the UK, flight, cost of the training, accommodation, feeding etc.

Here are the details:
I would be on my annual leave-I'll be using this period for personal development
I have a letter from the HR department in my company stating my status in the company,wen i'll be coming back to nigeria and all sorts.
I earn 147k naira per month.The training in the UK cost 790 pounds.

Please,all i need is;are my documents complete or what are the required documents,

Thanks for your time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 3:18pm On Mar 18, 2010
huet:

@Justwise
They may also want to know how much you are earning in a month/yr to be able to afford to go for 5days training in the UK, flight, cost of the training, accommodation, feeding etc.Here are the details:I would be on my annual leave-I'll be using this period for personal development
I have a letter from the HR department in my company stating my status in the company,wen i'll be coming back to nigeria and all sorts.
I earn 147k naira per month.The training in the UK cost 790 pounds.
Please,all i need is;are my documents complete or what are the required documents,Thanks for your time.
Ok, i see your points, you need to make your hotel reservation, if you have paid for the training then get a letter from the organisation and receipt of payment. your bank statement where you salary goes in, if you have separate saves account then include it(if the money in ur salary account is not enough) and give a little bit details about the training and HOW it will help you in ur current job.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by joxiri: 6:09pm On Mar 18, 2010
i know for a fact theres a south chelsea college in brixton for sure the college exists
d website should have ac.uk as its academic
but i dont know maybe this is an exception
but I am very sure the college exists
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by guzy: 8:06pm On Mar 19, 2010
@worry 246, thanks for your observation but i did my due dilligence before picking the school. It may not have the regular .ac.uk but it sure is on the list of schools registered with UK boarder agency. @ justwise, thanks for replying on my behalf before i even got the chance to. in short, thanks everybody.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by royalworld: 10:54pm On Mar 19, 2010
hi guys,
please i need information on visa renewal. i was given visa for the first time in 2008 to visit UK. i did and i returned within the stipulated time.Now, i want to renew it for say one/two years or any duration i am given.
My question now is what documents do i need to submit along with my passport? Do i still need any document from my contact in UK? Suppossing my contact has relocated out of UK do i still stand any chance? please advise! royalconcepts2001@yahoo.com
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 11:07pm On Mar 19, 2010
royalworld:

hi guys,
please i need information on visa renewal. i was given visa for the first time in 2008 to visit UK. i did and i returned within the stipulated time.Now, i want to renew it for say one/two years or any duration i am given.
My question now is what documents do i need to submit along with my passport? Do i still need any document from my contact in UK? Suppossing my contact has relocated out of UK do i still stand any chance? please advise! royalconcepts2001@yahoo.com

All you need to do is to apply again with those documents you used b4, you stand a better chance since you did not overstay when u came here and as long as u meet the requirements and submit original documents
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by royalworld: 11:25pm On Mar 19, 2010
Do i need to source for documents from any other contact person in UK? since my contact has relocated to another country?
J[b]ustwise[/b], please advise me! i always enjoy your candid opinions.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 12:07am On Mar 20, 2010
royalworld:

Do i need to source for documents from any other contact person in UK? since my contact has relocated to another country?
J[b]ustwise[/b], please advise me! i always enjoy your candid opinions.

Yea thats ok as long as the person is qualified to give you invitation letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by toyinajani(m): 12:53am On Mar 20, 2010
I think you dont need any letter of invitation again as you already have your data in their system, if you do so, it may be suspicious.You only need your own documents that would prove your genuinty and trust.House what do you think?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by franchise8: 2:04pm On Mar 20, 2010
--
DEAR NIGERIAN,
I HAVE SOMETHING UNIQUE FOR YOU, HOW TO TURN INTERNET INTO MONEY MAKING TOOL FOR YOU.
IN MY SYSTEM, I GIVE SOMETHING AWAY FOR FREE THAT NEARLY EVERY PERSON ON THE PLANET IS INTERESTED IN, AND ALMOST EVERY TIME I GIVE IT AWAY, I MAKE MONEY! LEARN HOW, DOWNLOAD MY MONEY MAKING TOOL NOW FOR FREE USING THE BELOW LINK.
www.nairafranchise.com/web090.html

PASTE ON YOUR BROWSER OR CLICK TO OPEN.
REGARDS
NAIRA FRANCHISE NIGERIA
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kunbizzle: 4:01pm On Mar 20, 2010
justwise:

Yea thats ok as long as the person is qualified to give you invitation letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kunbizzle: 4:09pm On Mar 20, 2010
justwise:

pls on my university certificate,my middle name is there which i don't use at all,but on my international passport,its not there,and i ave travelled to d uk wit it severally.i want to apply for student visa,wud it be a problem.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 5:39pm On Mar 20, 2010
kunbizzle:

Honestly i don't think you can make any genuine change to that now, only if your university can correct it, if you can visit your school with your international passport and explain to them tell them what the problem is, i think they will understand and help you. Think about it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kunbizzle: 6:53pm On Mar 20, 2010
They said dat they cant do anytin about it.but my cousin said since i applied the first time wit my birth certificate and the name was there,then he doesn't tink there wud b a problem.is it true or shud i just go on and apply to ukba
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 7:07pm On Mar 20, 2010
kunbizzle:

They said dat they cant do anytin about it.but my cousin said since i applied the first time wit my birth certificate and the name was there,then he doesn't tink there wud b a problem.is it true or shud i just go on and apply to ukba

Since the school refused to help then go ahead and apply, when you are filling the course application form put ur name the way its on ur certificate.
Finger crossed you will be ok. Good luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.