Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,862 members, 7,872,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:37 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306968 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 9:00pm On Apr 05, 2010
temmym3:

Hello all, please i will be applying for a UK student Visa too this year for september admission. Can i use my Dad's friend as a sponsor for my Uk education on my students visa application? He will be responsible for the bank statements. I dont want to use my dad's own account because i am afraid it wont be enough for sponsor and i dont want my visa denied. My Dad's friend has agreed to be the sponsor and provide account statement. Is this acceptable for student visa tier 4 sponsor?

Pay Attention to this quote by justwise.

justwise:

Use the same documents u submitted when u applied for the course. If you share the same surname with your uncle then he can write sponsor's letter for you if not he can't.

Interms of money u have in your bank a/c, if your school is in london then your maintenance money is £7200 plus your school fees, outside london is £5400 plus your school fees.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by patriciai: 4:58pm On Apr 06, 2010
Hi all, Please i need your advice on something.
i want to apply for a tourist visa, i have every other requirement but i dont have any tax evidence cus its been deducted from my salary. i will like to know my chances .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 5:50pm On Apr 06, 2010
patriciai:

Hi all, Please i need your advice on something.
i want to apply for a tourist visa, i have every other requirement but i dont have any tax evidence cus its been deducted from my salary. i will like to know my chances .
wel your pay slip will stipulate a PAYE,so thats evidence you pay tax,
PS:it might do you good if you list all the Docs you have,you might have something missing,you never know, no one is a fountain of knowledge you know,tourist visa requires a great deal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by patriciai: 9:54am On Apr 07, 2010
Thanks erico2k2 for your reply, you are very correct
This are the following document i have

6 months personal Bank statement (savings account but upto N900,000)
6 month Pay slip
Recipt for confirmed hotel reservation for 12days
Detailed travel itinery and detailed planned travel expenses
Employment letter
Letter of introduction for Employer
Employment ID card

Also in the form, when asked if i have any friends or family member in uk? what do i say. cause i have a cousin studing there, we both use same surname and my dad sponsored him back then with his company's documents and presently i work for same company. what are chances?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by osarodon(m): 11:32am On Apr 07, 2010
erico2k2:

You are good to go man.,the only thing you need is prayers that everything goes smoontly

Thanks erico2k2 for your response but I hope they will not ask why I have not registered this car business?
I guess this doesn't have any effect on my chances?
Thanks once again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 12:28pm On Apr 07, 2010
patriciai:

Thanks erico2k2 for your reply, you are very correct
This are the following document i have

6 months personal Bank statement (savings account but upto N900,000)
6 month Pay slip
Recipt for confirmed hotel reservation for 12days
Detailed travel itinery and detailed planned travel expenses
Employment letter
Letter of introduction for Employer
Employment ID card

Also in the form, when asked if i have any friends or family member in uk? what do i say. cause i have a cousin studing there, we both use same surname and my dad sponsored him back then with his company's documents and presently i work for same company. what are chances?

See,I told yah, lol you know you are touring  and touringtakes planning, give me the answers to these questions
where is the Hotel you are gonna stay based?
what area/site do you plan on visiting?
what tourist attraction  is available in the area you choose to stay?
how expensive/cheap is it relative to your income?
Answer those  and I will check with yah Ok!
PS you are almost there, just need a wee bit of polishing.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by samoyin(m): 1:25pm On Apr 07, 2010
Sorry to come in here, I would like to find out, is it necessary to have a paid hotel reservation even with a receipts of payments.
Or simply have an online confirmed hotel reservation?

Need clerification on this.

thanks, cheers!

Samoyin.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by samoyin(m): 1:28pm On Apr 07, 2010
Would applicant not need a leave letter since he/she is employed?

Samoyin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by patriciai: 2:18pm On Apr 07, 2010
Thanks erico2k2 the hotel i booked is around crystal palace and its quit affordable, i actually planned a bus tour, visit to Buckingham palace and boat cruise but i have not yet booked it online.plan to do that soon. as for the other questions, this is my first time so i cant really answer that. you can as well give me suggestions
Did u see the other part of my msg? do you have any ideal of that

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 6:34pm On Apr 07, 2010
patriciai:

Thanks erico2k2 the hotel i booked is around crystal palace and its quit affordable, i actually planned a bus tour, visit to Buckingham palace and boat cruise but i have not yet booked it online.plan to do that soon. as for the other questions, this is my first time so i cant really answer that. you can as well give me suggestions

Thanks
Crystal palace is ok, 30 mins and a Bus ride frm me, well it aint close to where you want to get the tour bus and it aint a tourist destination,in London,the only tourist destination i can think of is the Central London area,do a research on the internet,write down all the tourist attraction in london, EG,you want to see Big Ben, House of paliament,wanna get on the London Eye,Boat cruise on the thames,bus tour etc,if you are armed with all this info, the ECO would apreciate the fact that you have a vivid idea of where you are touring,so go on line and find out about where you are meant to be visiting Ok,hope this helps.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 6:40pm On Apr 07, 2010
samoyin:

Would applicant not need a leave letter since he/she is employed?

Samoyin
you are def right, if he is employed, he would definately require a leave letter from his/her employrs

@patriciai
one more Doc for you to include

@samoyin
all you need is a proof of reservation, dont have to be paid, but it looks better if you paid anyway.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 6:47pm On Apr 07, 2010
[

Thanks
[quote][/quote]
yes ,ofcos you can tell em you got coz and that,but you are sorting yourself out.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shekzy112(m): 7:57am On Apr 08, 2010
hi guys,i really appreciate your kind response to my post.i would like to ask, Do i need a letter from my bank like a reference letter for my bank statement, This is very urgent.Sholud i use the V.I office for my application or the Ikeja office
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by osarodon(m): 9:06am On Apr 08, 2010
Good day all,

Please I will like anyone that has the current UK visa application centre address to post it here for me.
I will like to know how long it takes to process a basic application(visiting visa).

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by patriciai: 9:13am On Apr 09, 2010
ericok2k thanks for your reply, will surf the net to get more information
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tahnoon: 7:32pm On Apr 10, 2010
We sell visa for one month to UAE-Dubai for only 1500 dirham.Note that there should be 5000 dirham deposit (returnable upon leaving)Anyone interested please do email us at transatlanticbrokers@gmail.com

i am looking for a partner who wil continusly get us as many passport and clients /we will give him commision
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 9:18am On Apr 11, 2010
@tahnoon

Just take your dead body out of this thread. Only a silly criminal like you sales visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 4:00pm On Apr 11, 2010
tahnoon:

We sell visa for one month to UAE-Dubai for only 1500 dirham.Note that there should be 5000 dirham deposit (returnable upon leaving)Anyone interested please do email us at transatlanticbrokers@gmail.com

i am looking for a partner who wil continusly get us as many passport and clients /we will give him commision
Guy try put advert in your National Tv,Im sure you would get more covergae there,fool.we dont want idiots like you on this forum, spoiling the names of good Nigerians,you and your types seem to 4get that foriegners read these post as well.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by osarodon(m): 8:17pm On Apr 11, 2010
Am gathering all necessary details for my application
but I just reviewed the visa application form and they
asked if I have been denied visa by another embassy
and this was in year 2000 by America embassy Lagos,
is it necessary to answer yes to this question since
that application is over 10yrs now.

Helpful response will be appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by liliana(f): 10:05pm On Apr 11, 2010
@osarodon,

All i can say is DO NOT TELL LIES on your application form.
Wish you all the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 10:24pm On Apr 11, 2010
osarodon:

Am gathering all necessary details for my application
but I just reviewed the visa application form and they
asked if I have been denied visa by another embassy
and this was in year 2000 by America embassy Lagos,
is it necessary to answer yes to this question since that application is over 10yrs now.
Helpful response will be appreciated.

Just as liliana said, don't tell lies, be honest abt it and make sure that all ur documents are genuine. Good luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by liliana(f): 10:30pm On Apr 11, 2010
How are you justwise?Been sumtime
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 10:42pm On Apr 11, 2010
liliana:

How are you justwise?Been sumtime

I'm gr8, and urself? Is like something kept you away from Nl for a while now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by osarodon(m): 12:35am On Apr 12, 2010
justwise:

Just as liliana said, don't tell lies, be honest abt it and make sure that all your documents are genuine. Good luck

Thanks
liliana:

@osarodon,

All i can say is DO NOT TELL LIES on your application form.
Wish you all the best.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tishat(f): 3:39pm On Apr 12, 2010
Hello all,i was give a 6months visiting visa which has expired(though i used it)i want to renew it but don't know if to apply for 1year or 2years.
I need your advice please.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by temmym3(m): 5:11pm On Apr 12, 2010
[b]HELP!! please i will be applying for a UK student Visa too this year for september admission. Can i use my Dad's friend as a sponsor for my Uk education on my students visa application? He will be responsible for the bank
statements. I dont want to use my dad's own account because i am afraid it wont be enough for sponsor and i dont want my visa denied. My Dad's friend has
agreed to be the sponsor and provide account statement. Is this acceptable for student visa
tier 4 sponsor?  Also something kps botherin me  About WAEC CERTIFICATE,  i had my waec last 2 years and i was told in the waec office that i couldnt get my certificate until after 3years of my waec exam,  I am about to get my statement of result and also a waec scratch card but will this serve as subtitude to the certificate? Or is there any other thing i can do? Also my BIRTH CERTIFICATE. The name (both middle/last) i have bn using in my documents since my primary education is different  from the one in my birth certificate. I am about to get a new birth certificate but wont this jeopardize my chances of getting the visa? Thanks. PLEASE I NEED UR URGENT RESPONSE. Plzzz[/b]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 5:27pm On Apr 12, 2010
@ temmym3

Unfortunately u can't use ur dady's friends bank account cos he doesn't share the same family name with u.

I think the statement of result and waec scratch card will be enough (pple who have done it b4 will tell u more)

Whatever you do with ur brith certificate, make sure that ALL the documents u are submitting bears the SAME name.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 5:28pm On Apr 12, 2010
tishat:

Hello all,i was give a 6months visiting visa which has expired(though i used it)i want to renew it but don't know if to apply for 1year or 2years.
I need your advice please.

Apply for one yr, if they want to give you 2yrs they will.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by mikeapiit: 6:50pm On Apr 12, 2010
Hi Guys, how all of una dey? If UK is giving u hard time, abeg look at other countries for opportunties. I am not talking of travelling to hussle, am talking of travelling to study, and advance your career. Try Malaysia, education is cheap there! Or even other parts of europe except russia. All d best ooooo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 7:28pm On Apr 12, 2010
mike.apiit:

Hi Guys, how all of una dey? If UK is giving u hard time, abeg look at other countries for opportunties. I am not talking of travelling to hussle, am talking of travelling to study, and advance your career. Try Malaysia, education is cheap there! Or even other parts of europe except russia. All d best ooooo
well guy, travelling out of 9ja to study is not cheap in any country oh
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by temmym3(m): 9:15am On Apr 13, 2010
@ justwise Thanks for your response. i am going to have the 7300pounds Living expenses plus the remaining balance of my school fees in my account for the 28 days and after, but i was thinking of usin my Dad's friend in case if the BHC ask me about any other things like accomodation (he has an apartment in London where i want to study) and the source of the money in my account. What do u think brov?

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.